Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #241
Die Cut Diva

Oh dear. I just mailed off my contributions for my first two swaps ever and I REALLY wish I hadn't seen this thread. I worked VERY hard on my cards and I THINK I followed the directions correctly (I made sure to join swaps with NVR). Now I'm all nervous. I will feel crushed if anyone is disappointed when they get my card.

Fan Club Member
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-07-2009, 12:52 PM   #242
Glitter Guru

Location: The weeds are popping up, and I'm having asthma issues

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle My BelleView Post
Oh gosh! As a new card maker this is very scary I lurked for a couple of months, then finally joined last month and now I just got the nerve to join some swaps...but never thought of this happening. I guess I just assumed the receiver would know I was new, learning and REALLY trying hard. Well, I'm going to keep my commitment (cuz that's the kinda gal I am), but I think for anything (IF I do) I will let them know I am a newbie...hopefully that will help me and them reciever!

With that said, I feel like I do my best and don't know if I will ever be a creme de la creme card maker, however I do think I will (eventually) get to the point where I meet most peoples standard of nice. I'm nervous and babbling now sorry...I just mailed my first card about an hour ago. Now I have butterflies in my stomach...UGH!

Personally, I don't mind getting cards from any level, as we all have to start somewhere. Oh and I accept constructive criticism well too *WINK*
If your swaps are of the same caliber as the cards in your gallery, then you have NOTHING to fear unless there were specific rules like - use only SU! materials or something. Your work looks very professional. Some people need cards they can use to show off tools for their business...
Leah SCS Member #38898
His Holy Name Challenge http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!