Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-12-2008, 08:43 AM   #1
Insane Embellisher

Default Baby Shower Invite Wording...

Hello ladies,

I'm hoping you can help me out with something. A good friend of mine is having her first baby this summer and I'm on the baby shower "team". I've been asked to make the invites, which is no big deal, but the mom-to-be has requested that a few "honorary guests" be mentioned in the invites. It's no problem, as I'm going to print the info on the computer and adhere it to the inside of the cards (date, time, location, etc) but I need help with the wording. How to I mention the "honorary guests"? I've never received a card with this info, so I'm unsure how to proceed. Just list them? Should I say "Amy wishes to recognize the following guests..." or what? HELP!
Old 02-12-2008, 08:47 AM   #2
Watercolor Wizard

hmmmmmmmm never heard of this custom.

maybe just list it like the pall bearers at a funeral?

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If youíve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-12-2008, 09:51 AM   #3
Pearl-ExPert

This seems like an odd request.

I would probably do a folded invite. Putting the actual shower info (date, time, location) on one side and the other misc info on the other side. I wouldn't want to mix that in with the actual invite wording. It might confuse people.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:32 AM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanda0711View Post
This seems like an odd request.

I would probably do a folded invite. Putting the actual shower info (date, time, location) on one side and the other misc info on the other side. I wouldn't want to mix that in with the actual invite wording. It might confuse people.
I agree with this idea - otherwise it could make people think that it was a group shower and they had to buy for all of the guests etc... are the honourary guests human? or are they travelling a great distance etc?
Old 02-12-2008, 10:39 AM   #5
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
I agree with this idea - otherwise it could make people think that it was a group shower and they had to buy for all of the guests etc... are the honourary guests human? or are they travelling a great distance etc?
I agree with you ladies that have suggested a folded card with the basic info on one side and misc. info on the other, that is what I intend. I'm just not sure HOW to put the H.Guests. A list? A paragraph? Hmmm...

Yes, the guests are all human. All SEVEN of them. No, I don't believe they're traveling ANY distance to get there. The names I recognize are from the same town. One of them is her great-grandmother, which I sort of "get" but as for the other ladies, I've got no clue.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:44 AM   #6
Stazon Splitcoast

Well I had to ask because I went to a wedding where the honorary guests were cats!

I definitely get the GGM as well.... hmm I'm still thinking... I wonder if something like - Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the Mommy to Be's Honorary guests... sorry no that doesnt' quite sound right either... I will keep thinking...
Old 02-12-2008, 11:14 AM   #7
Pearl-ExPert

Maybe something like

"Our Honorary Guests include:"

and then list them.....

Are these ladies doing something special at the shower or contributing money/food of some sort? If so, then you could do something like "Thanks to our Special Guests:" then list them.

My thought is that the "Honorary Guest" at a baby shower is the Mom-to-be!
Old 02-12-2008, 11:16 AM   #8
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
Well I had to ask because I went to a wedding where the honorary guests were cats!

I definitely get the GGM as well.... hmm I'm still thinking... I wonder if something like - Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the Mommy to Be's Honorary guests... sorry no that doesnt' quite sound right either... I will keep thinking...
Thanks for the thoughts. H. Guests as cats. Hmmm. That's one I haven't heard before. ha ha.

I keep circling back to some variety of "Amy wishes to give special recognition to the following guests..." or something like that. They're obviously very special to her or she wouldn't be asking that they receive special attention, but I've just never run into this before.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:18 AM   #9
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanda0711View Post
Maybe something like

"Our Honorary Guests include:"

and then list them.....

Are these ladies doing something special at the shower or contributing money/food of some sort? If so, then you could do something like "Thanks to our Special Guests:" then list them.

My thought is that the "Honorary Guest" at a baby shower is the Mom-to-be!
I think so too.

As far as I know, they aren't doing anything but showing up. They aren't co-hostessing or anything like that. It's going to be an afternoon shower with cake, punch and snacks but the hostesses are also supplying this, not the guests.