Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-15-2005, 12:27 PM   #81
Stazon Splitcoast

Lesa, that was what I was thinking. lol I don't think this is regular thing. But with Sell-a-Bration followed immediately by the March specials, it seems to created an expection. Chill, kids! lol
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-15-2005, 12:41 PM   #82
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by karinlm
Does SU ask you not to tell the "public" what the upcoming specials are until the 1st of that month? (Thats just a question out of curiosity LOL)
Not that I know of. The April Stampin' Success is on-line on the demo web-site, and as far as I know, that is as formal of an announcement as we'll get. Once they pass the information on to demos, we are OK to pass it on to customers. I don't remember reading anywhere in my Stampin' Sucess magazines that specials aren't supposed to be told before the 1st of the month. Each demo has her own business plan and tells when she wants to. If my customers find out here before I send them a flyer, I'm not offended and don't feel like someone has stolen my thunder.

In reading through the forums, I haven't seen any sort of "codes" or hinting at future specials, and once and for all DEMONSTRATORS DON'T KNOW ABOUT SPECIALS UNTIL THEY COME OUT IN THE STAMPIN' SUCCESS! <- Yes, I am yelling. Generally, we find out about two weeks before the special starts. Someone figured out how to "hack" SU!'s computer system and get into the specials for March WAY EARLIER than they were released. That is why that info leaked out sooner than the 15th of February. SU! figured out that someone had done it and has fixed that problem, so it can't be done anymore.

As for the April Special, I quickly skimmed the Stampin' Success and did not see one. Any one else?
Old 03-15-2005, 12:46 PM   #83
Pearl-ExPert

I think two things have been happening with specials:

First, they had such a string of great specials: free shipping, free numbers with alphabet sets (last year), SAB, 50% off, and more. They've made us think we need a special.

Second, I remember years ago when they did have a monthly special. They always had a set you could get 25% off with a minimum $25 purchase. At some point they did away with that. Maybe all of these specials they've been having makes us like them too much!

I agree with Mindy. Let's have a group hug and forget about it. Why sit here and argue when we could be stampin!!

www.pinkhedgehogpapercrafts.com
Old 03-15-2005, 12:52 PM   #84
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Oooh, my aching back - from the fall out of my chair!!!

LOL

Seriously though - the truth is, SU! gives the demos two weeks heads up so they can order any supplies they might need to do GREAT and INSPIRING workshops for all their customers.

We get the mini catalogs a month ahead of time for the same reason - so we can pre-order sets to make samples to show our customers.

Ta da! No mystery!

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Old 03-15-2005, 12:55 PM   #85
Stazon Splitcoast

Whew! I can't believe I read the whole thing! (Remember that commercial? I can't believe I ate the whole thing?) No? Ok. Lesa-your post-jacking is spreading )

ANYWAY- it seems as though us demos are damned if we do and damned if we don't! NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING TO TELL! But geez people-PRETEND I know something-I spill it. Demos get hocked off that I told the world. Or I keep quiet-all of a sudden non-demos think that I am keeping state secrets. I also seem to recall a thread that got heated when someone talked about all the "demo secrets" in the Demo Only area.

On the lighter side-my poor customers! They only know things about a week in advanceas I spend most of my time in the swap forum and in ECC. Why? Less drama.

Just take a DEEP breath. I can appreciate that folks have to know "things" immediately-but dude! Seriously. I have never heard of anyone drawing their last breath because they didn't know what they wanted to know the second they wanted to know it, you know?

Demos-no taunting. We have a forum you can subscribe to in case there is someone reading this that doesn't know that.

PLAY NICE!
Just sayin'
atie 2005

ND rules!

Old 03-15-2005, 01:45 PM   #86
Forum Fanatic

Wow! What happened in the short amount of time I worked today!

It's not a secret and that's not what I was implying. I was just saying that we're going to give demonstrators a chance to share the specials with their own customers before we advertise it to everyone. It's only fair to us demonstrators. We're not trying to keep information from you. Here is an example: I work during the day for an insurance company - YUCK! - however not all demonstrators have another job. Those that do not have a crappy job to go to and look at the specials as soon as they are released, unlike me who has to wait until late afternoon. I just want the time to tell my own customers. A couple times I've come home from work and have had messages from my customers about the special because they read it on here....before I even saw it. I would like to have the excitement of presenting it. I let my customers know as soon as I find out.

We're not going to keep specials from you forever, just maybe a couple days so we can share our excitement too.
Old 03-15-2005, 02:31 PM   #87
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

rhawks,

I actually would say it's rude of your customers to do that!!!! Hah, that's a table turning statement.

I mean, fine if they know but to CALL you?? It's not like they can DO anything until it's available for sale - except drool! ha ha ha

I used to have a demo who didn't tell us anything until our workshop the first or second week of the month. So I would go to the SU! website on the first of each month to find out what was up. She was always surprised when I knew things! duh.

(That was before SCS.)

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Old 03-15-2005, 05:13 PM   #88
Kar
Glitter Guru

Quote:

There may not be an April special!!! LOL
But listen, really there are lots of good demos out there...find one who cherishs you and takes good care of you...as a customer you deserve to be taken care of and felt important...afterall, what are we without our customers?
I agree with Keri on that one.. My demo would make an effort to tell me about the specials as soon as she knew about them, and I do the same for my customers... I take the time to make sure they know as soon as I do so that they can figure out their orders and I have less of a chance of forgetting it.
SCS member #735
Old 03-16-2005, 10:25 AM   #89
Polyshrink Goddess

Oooh, I can't believe I'm doing this (I've gotten scared to open my mouth about anything that could be considered controversial, lately, after a bizarre blow-up at a workshop), but I haven't seen this point addressed in this thread yet: A hostess's workshop total could be negatively impacted if the next month's specials are revealed too early. For example, at a February workshop, if I had spilled the beans about certain sets that would be on sale the next month...what if all her guests said "Great! Then I'll wait until then to order anything!" This did not happen: I announced that there would be a great special in March if anyone wanted to sign up for my mailing list to find out. In a perfect world, we could announce the specials a month in advance, customers would place a great order for the hostess this month, and then call to order the specials next month, and everyone would be happy. But, as we all know, things don't always happen that way. I owe it to my hostess to allow her to have the best workshop she can, so I'm not going to shanghai orders away from her.

I'm only trying to bring up one more thing to consider (& hope I don't offend anyone)...My customers know that I'll share the news as soon as I can with them, and are pretty content...They just want total control over the new catalog, retirement list, specials... ...just like the rest of us.