In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2009, 12:35 PM   #1  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
KY Southern Belle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Beautiful South
Posts: 1,921
Default An Apology

Happy Resurrection Day!

I've had some time to think and pray about the Pandora's Box that I opened and while I still firmly take my stance and beliefs about the no nudity issue, I want to apologize to Setes4 and this community.

Frankly, I just blew my witness and that is not who I am or who I want to be. My responses in this community were rude and showed absolutely no grace whatsoever. I could have handled this in a much more Godly way.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and have a great day.
__________________
Cindy B Designs Blog
My SCS Gallery

Stampin' Up! Only Challenges Design Team
Proud Fan Club Member Since 2007
KY Southern Belle is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-12-2009, 12:42 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher
 
scrappinforNate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 829
Default

Wow.. thanks for apologizing. It takes a strong person to admit their weaknesses.. Happy Easter!
__________________
Kelley- Mom to 2 beautiful boys and a princess!
My blog: returning from a deep sleep!
scrappinforNate is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-12-2009, 12:46 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert
 
LateBlossom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Still out on a whim...
Posts: 2,988
Default

Gracefully done, Cindy. Enjoy the rest of your Easter!
LateBlossom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-12-2009, 12:56 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac
 
kaloso05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dalton, GA
Posts: 330
Send a message via Skype™ to kaloso05
Default

Issues like this are opportunities for all of us to think and grow. The situation may have been messy, but I think that an open dialog can help us all see things from others' perspectives and I, for one, think that helps me see more clearly who I am. Thanks for the apology... it's much appreciated.
__________________
Kathryn
Do you know if there's a 12-step program for stamping? No, seriously, is there??
kaloso05 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-12-2009, 01:02 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool
 
angelanne21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bonaire, Georgia
Posts: 1,351
Default

Spring and Easter are a time of new beginnings. Hopefully, we can all get past the anger and let SCS remain a welcoming place. You have definitely taken a step in that direction and I admire your courage to come forward and offer an apology. I, too, would like to offer an apology if I was out of line at any time last night. Sometimes emotions just get the better of good judgement.
__________________
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." Henry David Thoreau
My Gallery...
www.dbeedesigns.weebly.com
angelanne21 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-12-2009, 01:09 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper
 
starbucks_stamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,948
Default

I echo Susan...that was gracefully done! Thank you Cindy...we can all learn from this situation
__________________
~Jennie
Stampin' Away the Day
starbucks_stamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-12-2009, 01:13 PM   #7  
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian
 
Rainsong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sitting on the hot rock
Posts: 31,329
Default

Nicely done. Bravo.

Rainsong
__________________
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire
Rainsong is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-12-2009, 01:53 PM   #8  
SCS Founder
 
splitcoaststampers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 4,692
Default

thank you Cindy. your comments from yesterday were ugly and uncalled for, it sounds as if you recognize that. to have you come back, take responsibility and apologize, shows your respect for Setes4 and the rest of the community too.

Easter Sunday *is* the perfect day for new starts, thank you for reflecting that spirit.
__________________
- Daven

Needs a sig
splitcoaststampers is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-12-2009, 02:08 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
 
kstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Trying to find myself
Posts: 1,218
Default

Thank you for your apology. I think we all can learn from this situation.
__________________
Former CAS Design Team Member
My blog - Syzygy of Me
kstamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-12-2009, 03:15 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
MSBetsyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 19,230
Default

((Cindy)) Thank you so much. As difficult as it may have been, you are very good to offer an apology to Setes4. Very graceful!
MSBetsyZ is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-12-2009, 03:22 PM   #11  
Insane Embellisher
 
AmorA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 935
Default

Thanks for your apology. That was a very mature thing to do.

You might also want to remove your signature line and let that thread die. Just a thought.
__________________
....don't bother me--I'm living happily ever after....
AmorA is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-12-2009, 03:23 PM   #12  
Minglerville Blabber
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
Debra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Minglerville, MI
Posts: 89,643
Default

Thank you Cindy. ((((HUGS))))
__________________
Debra
the Debrameister Nagigator Mingler
Gallery
My Blog: Yellow and Blue

SU Creative Crew Design Team Member-May-August 2011
Debra is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-12-2009, 03:32 PM   #13  
Glitter Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,470
Default

Cindy, I learn so much from the thread and met a wonderful new friend. Good things do come from our goof-ups and that happened to me because of you. So see, all was not bad.

Your apology is more than accepted here. Your witness is this. Peace be with you.
53queenbee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-12-2009, 03:34 PM   #14  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
KY Southern Belle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Beautiful South
Posts: 1,921
Default

I did make y'all a little card too (of course! I'm a stamper!!)

James 1:19-20
__________________
Cindy B Designs Blog
My SCS Gallery

Stampin' Up! Only Challenges Design Team
Proud Fan Club Member Since 2007
KY Southern Belle is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-12-2009, 04:39 PM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot
 
wendykins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Small town, Connecticut!
Posts: 4,381
Default

Glad to read this---it takes alot to come here and say you are sorry, for that I commend you.
Here's to a new start!
__________________
~~Wendy~~
my pinterest obsession!
And facebook too!
wendykins is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-12-2009, 04:43 PM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert
 
Tracy-Stamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,313
Default

So nice Cindy! I hope you had a great Easter!
__________________
Visit me here ----> Durcan Designs
Tracy-Stamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-12-2009, 05:11 PM   #17  
Die Cut Diva
 
princess4101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fishers, Indiana
Posts: 3,014
Default

Cindy... I respect you even more now! I Applauded you for standing by your convictions... but to say you are sorry??? You Da BOBM in my book!!!

Rock On Sister...

Dawn Knight
__________________
DAWN'S RUBBER ROOM~MY BLOG
princess4101 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-12-2009, 05:11 PM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess
 
bethvb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Shark River Hills, NJ
Posts: 695
Default

What a weekend here at the fourm! Looks like all is well again at SCS - until the next full moon!
__________________
Beth
My avatar is Wit'l & Dollo- we love them!
bethvb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-12-2009, 05:11 PM   #19  
Insane Embellisher
 
BBStampin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Clarksville, Tennesse
Posts: 775
Default

Cindy, thank you so much for your apology. I too have strong beliefs but try to have a different way of handling them. I did not comment on the other threads as emotions were running high on both sides. Thank you for recognizing and acting.
__________________
Bonnie
My tiny little gallery: https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...&ppuser=108587
BBStampin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-12-2009, 05:26 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
photocropper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 37,867
Default

((((HUGS))) Cindy ~ Happy Resurrection Day to you too
__________________
Shelley
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you
.

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken
photocropper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-12-2009, 05:27 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Doris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 12,561
Default

Cindy, I just wanted to let you know that your apology was extremely graceous, and classy. It is a testament to you as a person.....

Have a lovely Easter.
__________________
“Truth isn't mean. It's truth." ~ Andrew Breitbart (1969-2012)
Doris is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-12-2009, 05:42 PM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess
 
sewnmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the "Hood"
Posts: 711
Default

" Originally Posted by KY Southern Belle View Post
So you're using Jesus as a weapon against me? Jesus is not a religion. How ironic and hypocritical to use him as a weapon when you don't even known him. How dare an atheist talk to me about Jesus when you don't even believe in him. Now that we're on that subject, there's no such thing as an atheist. You have to acknowledge the or a presence of God in order to deny him in the first place.

And I'm going to explain myself one last time. I am approaching the gallery in question from a spiritual POV and that's it. I don't care if the rest of you subscribe to it or not. The spiritual darkness when I first saw that place rocked my spirit and it was just evil. The spirit behind it was dark. That's all I can say. Call me insane, whatever, I personally don't care. The gal who first presented to me WWJD (I forgot your name) drew blood with that and you knew exactly what you were doing and you have the audacity to call me cruel? Look in the mirror girlfriend but I've seen you berate me up and down one side and the other when you are no better yourself judging and I won't go into about how intolerant you are or the witch hunt mentality I've been reading.

Needless to say, I'm standing by my convictions and all of the other anti-Christian labels that are going to come along with it. I don't care because those of you preaching tolerance are actually the most intolerant people and can't fathom an opinion outside of your own; hence the tolerance and diversity speech towards me because YOU can't see my POV. What you claim to embrace the most (tolerance and any other Clintonesque term you can think of) ends up spitting poison nails at me of your intolerance.

So you ask WWJD? He's been known to throw over a few tables in temples before and he calls it like it is. The Bible says that this is wrong, wrong, wrong and it will be wrong 100 years from now. Just because diversity and culture claims otherwise doesn't mean that it's true. I suppose nobody learned anything from the Tower of Babel but I sure have learned a lot about liberal intolerance and even more about pearls."



Is this what you are apologizing for?
__________________
A good dog, a sewing machine, and an old guitar......
sewnmachine is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #23  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
princessp1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,774
Default

Cindy I am proud of you!
__________________
Shoes can change your LIFE...ask CINDERELLA

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
princessp1971 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #24  
Gallery Gazer
 
nottoocreative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: O-HI-O
Posts: 6,232
Default

Cindy, thank you for the apology! I know you were trying to stand up for what you believe is right. Sometimes we just get too caught up in being right and forget about the other side. You are a strong person to apologize and own up to it!
{{{Cindy}}}
__________________
Lynn

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”--Lincoln
nottoocreative is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-12-2009, 05:50 PM   #25  
Die Cut Diva
 
kphorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ...Somewhere inside my closet...Stamping
Posts: 3,782
Default

Cindy, As a Christian woman, I took no offense in what you said!

Hope you had a great Easter Sunsday...
__________________
Karen

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
kphorse is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-12-2009, 09:28 PM   #26  
Gabfest Goddess
 
Gina K. Designs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,216
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewnmachineView Post
" Originally Posted by KY Southern Belle View Post
So you're using Jesus as a weapon against me? Jesus is not a religion. How ironic and hypocritical to use him as a weapon when you don't even known him. How dare an atheist talk to me about Jesus when you don't even believe in him. Now that we're on that subject, there's no such thing as an atheist. You have to acknowledge the or a presence of God in order to deny him in the first place.

And I'm going to explain myself one last time. I am approaching the gallery in question from a spiritual POV and that's it. I don't care if the rest of you subscribe to it or not. The spiritual darkness when I first saw that place rocked my spirit and it was just evil. The spirit behind it was dark. That's all I can say. Call me insane, whatever, I personally don't care. The gal who first presented to me WWJD (I forgot your name) drew blood with that and you knew exactly what you were doing and you have the audacity to call me cruel? Look in the mirror girlfriend but I've seen you berate me up and down one side and the other when you are no better yourself judging and I won't go into about how intolerant you are or the witch hunt mentality I've been reading.

Needless to say, I'm standing by my convictions and all of the other anti-Christian labels that are going to come along with it. I don't care because those of you preaching tolerance are actually the most intolerant people and can't fathom an opinion outside of your own; hence the tolerance and diversity speech towards me because YOU can't see my POV. What you claim to embrace the most (tolerance and any other Clintonesque term you can think of) ends up spitting poison nails at me of your intolerance.

So you ask WWJD? He's been known to throw over a few tables in temples before and he calls it like it is. The Bible says that this is wrong, wrong, wrong and it will be wrong 100 years from now. Just because diversity and culture claims otherwise doesn't mean that it's true. I suppose nobody learned anything from the Tower of Babel but I sure have learned a lot about liberal intolerance and even more about pearls."



Is this what you are apologizing for?
Yes, that what she is apologizing for.

Cindy, I will repeat what Daven, our fearless leader, said:
Easter Sunday *is* the perfect day for new starts, thank you for reflecting that spirit.
__________________
My Blog and StampTV

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Gina K. Designs is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-13-2009, 03:27 AM   #27  
Queen of Combos
 
n5stamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South,GA
Posts: 4,716
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by KY Southern BelleView Post
Happy Resurrection Day!

I've had some time to think and pray about the Pandora's Box that I opened and while I still firmly take my stance and beliefs about the no nudity issue, I want to apologize to Setes4 and this community.

Frankly, I just blew my witness and that is not who I am or who I want to be. My responses in this community were rude and showed absolutely no grace whatsoever. I could have handled this in a much more Godly way.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and have a great day.


Oh Cindy,
It really takes a lot from someone to openly admit their weakness. I stand with you on the main issue and applaud you for your appology. I think the forum discussion got so intense with such strong convictions on both sides that some may have just got out of hand. We are, after all, only human. "For we all have sinned and feel short of the Glory of God" isn't that why HE sent his only son to die on the cross and rise again in wait to bring HIS children home.
__________________
Neva "Queen of Combo's"
My Crafty Cave BLOG
Proud Member of SCS & Fan Club since 4'06
Honored FS213 & QFTD103
n5stamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-13-2009, 06:08 AM   #28  
Matboard Maniac
 
scrapcat71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 270
Default

Cindy, your apology was a very graceful thing to do. For what it's worth, I think you stood up for what you believed in, and most of the time these days people are too afraid to do that for fear of something similar to what you faced on here.

I'll be spending much less time on here as I come here for stamping tips,ideas and such and more and more it's just becoming a forum for advancing political agendas and promoting tolerance of all things, even if it drags down all that's good in this world. I come here for an escape from all that and to embrace this awesome hobby but that's not even possible here anymore. (Not blaming you Cindy, or just these recent threads--it's been going on for quite awhile and I'm just done with it)
scrapcat71 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-13-2009, 06:45 AM   #29  
Pearl-ExPert
 
pugs99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,500
Default

Please take a moment to read the short incident I'd like to relate. Let me start by saying that I've been a dues paying member of SCS since 2004. I'm employed full time, grandmother of 6, with 2 of those serving their country in the military.
A week ago Saturday I took our puppy to the groomer, and with an hour to kill, I went to the Michaels next door. Serendipity is a wonderful thing! I made a comment about all the wonderful new Tim Holtz items to a pleasant younger woman next to me. We began to chat, and found that while years might separate us, we had a great deal in common.
We shared a love of MS punches, color, and all things vintage, and that was just the beginning. I asked if she was on SCS, and she replied that she was a fan, but didn't feel confident enough to have a gallery. I encouraged her to join and start a gallery, because after all, what is more wonderful than waking up to find a bunch of lovely comments posted on your art? We shared e-mail addy's, and Facebook ID's, and I gave her my SCS user ID so she could check out my gallery if she cared to.
The rest is history. I'd like to thank those of you who have appreciated her art. Her name, BTW, is Liz, she works in a school library, and she's a lovely person. I have wondered why the "Christian" who attacked her so viciously for her lovely vintage nude ATC's, didn't take a moment to comment on the sweet image of her parents' wedding photo, or the awesome image of Lincoln, with the amusing quote about women. She is such a talented person, and should be welcomed with open arms. I am distraught to think that by my encouragement, I 've brought some of these hateful, hurtful remarks on her.
BTW, I've participated in many swaps here on SCS, 2 of which were themed "Tasteful Nudes". There are lots of nudes on SC, you just haven't seen them.
In closing, I have to add that not everything I see posted here pleases me. We all start somewhere, and when I find someone's work to be boring or inane, I just click that little "next image button". I would never dream of leaving a hateful remark. life is too short, and too difficult. Thanks for allowing me the time and space to express myself.
Phyllis, aka Pugs99
__________________
“And art made tongue-tied by authority”
... Sonnet 66, William Shakespeare
pugs99 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-13-2009, 07:26 AM   #30  
Mad Swapper
 
Anne Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 1,963
Default

Cindy, Cindy, Cindy, are we all not human? Do we all not hold firmly to some of our beliefs, feelings, opinions? I only saw your original comment when you opened the thread. Although I read through pages of comments, I did not see your comments. I dont need to, actually. Your apology supercedes your comments. To apologize is difficult, it always has been and always will be. If you felt an apology was necesary, then you did what you needed to do. End of story!
__________________
Art Neko and Prickley Pear DTs
Former DT Dolce Designs, Rubbernecker, StampItCrazy,
I Brake For Stamps
DO U KNOW?
BRAK members love to send SCSers cards on their birthdays? Come join us.


"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there
is no path and leave a trail." ... Ralph Waldo Emerson
Fan Club Member
Anne Ryan is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-13-2009, 07:43 AM   #31  
Kookie Creator
 
ShortWizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 419
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugs99View Post
Please take a moment to read the short incident I'd like to relate. Let me start by saying that I've been a dues paying member of SCS since 2004. I'm employed full time, grandmother of 6, with 2 of those serving their country in the military.
A week ago Saturday I took our puppy to the groomer, and with an hour to kill, I went to the Michaels next door. Serendipity is a wonderful thing! I made a comment about all the wonderful new Tim Holtz items to a pleasant younger woman next to me. We began to chat, and found that while years might separate us, we had a great deal in common.
We shared a love of MS punches, color, and all things vintage, and that was just the beginning. I asked if she was on SCS, and she replied that she was a fan, but didn't feel confident enough to have a gallery. I encouraged her to join and start a gallery, because after all, what is more wonderful than waking up to find a bunch of lovely comments posted on your art? We shared e-mail addy's, and Facebook ID's, and I gave her my SCS user ID so she could check out my gallery if she cared to.
The rest is history. I'd like to thank those of you who have appreciated her art. Her name, BTW, is Liz, she works in a school library, and she's a lovely person. I have wondered why the "Christian" who attacked her so viciously for her lovely vintage nude ATC's, didn't take a moment to comment on the sweet image of her parents' wedding photo, or the awesome image of Lincoln, with the amusing quote about women. She is such a talented person, and should be welcomed with open arms. I am distraught to think that by my encouragement, I 've brought some of these hateful, hurtful remarks on her.
BTW, I've participated in many swaps here on SCS, 2 of which were themed "Tasteful Nudes". There are lots of nudes on SC, you just haven't seen them.
In closing, I have to add that not everything I see posted here pleases me. We all start somewhere, and when I find someone's work to be boring or inane, I just click that little "next image button". I would never dream of leaving a hateful remark. life is too short, and too difficult. Thanks for allowing me the time and space to express myself.
Phyllis, aka Pugs99
There's no reason for you to feel guilty at all, IMO. None of this was your fault, you were just trying to help and encourage someone. Apparently not everyone has the same view of art, and can't be expected to. But, hopefully because of this awful incident people have learned a valuable lesson. If you don't like something, keep your hateful words to yourself and just keep on clickin'.
ShortWizard is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-13-2009, 09:40 AM   #32  
Gallery Gazer
 
nottoocreative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: O-HI-O
Posts: 6,232
Default

I'm glad you shared your story, but I wonder why you did not acknowledge that the person who made those comments did apologize for them? It almost seems like rubbing her nose in it
Quote:

Originally Posted by pugs99View Post
Please take a moment to read the short incident I'd like to relate. Let me start by saying that I've been a dues paying member of SCS since 2004. I'm employed full time, grandmother of 6, with 2 of those serving their country in the military.
A week ago Saturday I took our puppy to the groomer, and with an hour to kill, I went to the Michaels next door. Serendipity is a wonderful thing! I made a comment about all the wonderful new Tim Holtz items to a pleasant younger woman next to me. We began to chat, and found that while years might separate us, we had a great deal in common.
We shared a love of MS punches, color, and all things vintage, and that was just the beginning. I asked if she was on SCS, and she replied that she was a fan, but didn't feel confident enough to have a gallery. I encouraged her to join and start a gallery, because after all, what is more wonderful than waking up to find a bunch of lovely comments posted on your art? We shared e-mail addy's, and Facebook ID's, and I gave her my SCS user ID so she could check out my gallery if she cared to.
The rest is history. I'd like to thank those of you who have appreciated her art. Her name, BTW, is Liz, she works in a school library, and she's a lovely person. I have wondered why the "Christian" who attacked her so viciously for her lovely vintage nude ATC's, didn't take a moment to comment on the sweet image of her parents' wedding photo, or the awesome image of Lincoln, with the amusing quote about women. She is such a talented person, and should be welcomed with open arms. I am distraught to think that by my encouragement, I 've brought some of these hateful, hurtful remarks on her.
BTW, I've participated in many swaps here on SCS, 2 of which were themed "Tasteful Nudes". There are lots of nudes on SC, you just haven't seen them.
In closing, I have to add that not everything I see posted here pleases me. We all start somewhere, and when I find someone's work to be boring or inane, I just click that little "next image button". I would never dream of leaving a hateful remark. life is too short, and too difficult. Thanks for allowing me the time and space to express myself.
Phyllis, aka Pugs99
__________________
Lynn

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”--Lincoln
nottoocreative is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-13-2009, 09:59 AM   #33  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
 
berlycece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: On SCS
Posts: 24,030
Default

Cindy...thank you for your public apology! This is indeed a sign of grace! God bless you!!!
__________________
Kim in Illinois Proud SCS Fan Club Member!!

berlycece is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-13-2009, 10:13 AM   #34  
Sassy Shani
 
Shanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: My beach house
Posts: 66,682
Default

Seriously?!?!?!?!?
Would you give it a rest already? Quit beating a dead horse on the threads in question. Daven and Jenn have resolved the problem so lets move on.



Quote:

Originally Posted by nottoocreativeView Post
I'm glad you shared your story, but I wonder why you did not acknowledge that the person who made those comments did apologize for them? It almost seems like rubbing her nose in it
Shanon is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-13-2009, 10:18 AM   #35  
Die Cut Diva
 
RJP111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sunny Central FL!
Posts: 3,390
Default

Thank you, Cindy.
__________________
~Robin~

My little corner of the internet: Robin's Ramblings
My passion - rescuing senior dogs! The Mr Mo Project
RJP111 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 12,851
Default

As a participant in the thread being discussed here, I'd like to say a huge thanks to Cindy, for her honesty, to Phyllis for introducing Liz to us, and to Liz.

I think the entire thing has been a huge positive for all of us and my attitude toward SCS has only become more enthusiastic!

Yes, some harsh words were spoken, sometimes in haste, but the discussion was allowed to progress and I would be astonished if every participant didn't walk away with some enlightenment.

A blessed Easter season to all of you
__________________
Nancy
www.nancybaierart.com
Phantom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-13-2009, 05:02 PM   #37  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
KY Southern Belle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Beautiful South
Posts: 1,921
Default

I am going to add one thing to this thread and I want you to think about it.

There have been several new screen names who got involved in these threads that are obviously too cowardly to stand behind their hateful words. I've received some serious hate e-mail, attempted comments at my blog, the entire gamut. The consensus here was that I was the only one who said anything hateful to anybody.

I have corresponded with Liz and she was very sweet considering the circumstances.

Well, one of the nameless cowards found it comical to send my girlfriend a sympathy card disguised as caring and genuine and then you open it up and it says "your friend Cindy is a intolerant psycho *****." This card was obviously sent out on Saturday and reached here today. I posted a Card RAK for my friend and that's how they got the address.

They sent it to my girlfriend whose husband DIED Saturday evening. Whoever did this is despicable and I hope you're proud of yourself, and I will not apologize for that, ever. So you can continue the hate mail to me and my blog calling me names and how intolerant I am but personally, I think there's a special place in hell for people who send a sympathy card to a woman whose just lost her husband of 42 years to intentionally hurt the both of us.

Gina misspoke for me on what I was apologizing about. I wasn't apologizing for the words I said under attack by many people, I was apologizing for the presentation of those words and they could have been said in a much more Godly fashion. However, with the above, there's no Godly way to describe that type of heinous and intentional act of hatred to my girlfriend to get at me.

So if it makes you feel any better, you won.
__________________
Cindy B Designs Blog
My SCS Gallery

Stampin' Up! Only Challenges Design Team
Proud Fan Club Member Since 2007
KY Southern Belle is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-13-2009, 05:11 PM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walking the Moon, aMUSEd in funKY town
Posts: 22,185
Default

Cindy you are obviously distressed and need to step back. I don't agree with your stance but I do think you are trying to deal with a lot of things at the moment and I care that you are getting hurt.

However, I would like to take this time to say that if anyone publishes any addresses on this website that people don't have to be logged in to view them - any troll can send anything to anyone that has an addressed published here.
RiverIsis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-13-2009, 05:21 PM   #39  
Pearl-ExPert
 
Tracy-Stamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,313
Default

__________________
Visit me here ----> Durcan Designs
Tracy-Stamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-13-2009, 05:27 PM   #40  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
KY Southern Belle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Beautiful South
Posts: 1,921
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
Cindy you are obviously distressed and need to step back. I don't agree with your stance but I do think you are trying to deal with a lot of things at the moment and I care that you are getting hurt.

However, I would like to take this time to say that if anyone publishes any addresses on this website that people don't have to be logged in to view them - any troll can send anything to anyone that has an addressed published here.
Oh I'll step back but I was going to have my say because I've had an awful lot of intentional hate thrown in my face lately and if you really think that a browser just happened to catch the address I posted to send this mail during this time, there's no coincidence there. This was intentional and I am mad. I am allowed to do that as a Christian you know and it's righteous anger too over how my grieving friend was treated and here I'm being preached to about tolerance and love, etc. Don't go there.

What stance am I taking now that you don't agree with? Wicked people sending hate male to grieving widows? Because that's my stance and my problem and the gist of this post and the previous post. I could give you gold and you still wouldn't be satisfied. There's just no getting ahead here if you are a Christian and stand up for your beliefs. Don't ever tell me what a caring and loving community this is when people can do that and you can reply with what you did.
__________________
Cindy B Designs Blog
My SCS Gallery

Stampin' Up! Only Challenges Design Team
Proud Fan Club Member Since 2007
KY Southern Belle is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Closed Thread





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On