Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-19-2006, 07:13 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone who has the new cards magazine from scrapbook trends is it worth $50.00 a year

I love the samples from the previous issue and this issue,but I really need to know from those who have gotten recent issues how the magazine is.is it worth the $50,00.for the whole year.do you get loads of samples to see.

How many pages are in the magazine.are there any advertisements in there or is it all samples of cards.

how long did it take to get your first issue
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2006, 07:34 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face

I don't know the answer to that particular publication. But I saw an issue of Paper Crafts and loved it. Now I have subscribed and the first issue I got the other day, is very so so.....
Still can not find one I love.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2006, 07:52 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Yes! Definitely worth it!

My Blog:
Sentiments by Denise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2006, 08:01 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

howmany issues are there for a 1 year subscription it didn't say in there add.

does anyone have the scrapbook magazine how is that also curious on this one.how many issues on the scrapbook issue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2006, 08:02 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I guess I need to read your entire message so I can answer your questions more directly.
I have subscribed to this publication (CARDS) since it's premier issue, when it was every other month. The photography in the book is beautiful, showing each sample clearly. And there are MANY samples to look at. The only ads in the entire book are just about a 1/2 dozen, mainly advertising other Scrapbook Trends publications.
There are many other samples besides stamping featured - in fact, some cards don't have any stamping on them. So you'll see a lot of variety. I just received the Sept issue a couple weeks ago (the first month they've gone to monthly) and I thought it would be smaller, less samples because the book is being published monthly now, but I was wrong! If anything, it's even thicker now! And there were many new card makers published - not the same ones we've seen over and over again, so new talent is being "discovered"!
If you like this one, you may also like their sister publication called PaperTrends - lots of paper crafting projects in that one, too and I've never been disappointed.

My Blog:
Sentiments by Denise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2006, 08:05 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

I have the September issue of Cards magazine by Scrapbook Trends and I just put in my subscription for 1 year. It is pricey, but I bought the September issue at my LSS store for $17.95 now at that rate it would cost me $215.40 for 12 issues. I thought $49.95 was reasonable for the years subscription. The September issue is great. It is about 8 x 8 in size, but it has 192 pages with only the first 10 and the last 10 pages with ads, the rest of the 172 pages is all samples. All the card samples have basic instructions on how to make the cards. I think it is going to be a great reference in helping to design my cards. JMO but I think it is well worth the price.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2006, 10:57 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I just called scrapbooktrends at 1-888-225-9199 and the website amounts are wrong :( A "year" subscription is 6 issues and a "two-year" subscription is 12 issues. They haven't changed it since the went to 12 issues a year last month. So, it is $49.95 for 6 issues...still cheaper than 17.95 each.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2006, 11:52 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

I subscribed to their first year and I'm not very excited about it. I was hoping it would have a lot more cards made with stamping on them. You can get some layout ideas but I will not be renewing my subscription. I think it's too expensive for what you get.

Click here...I dare you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2006, 12:19 PM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
I subscribed to this magazine and I am VERY disappointed. There isn't much stamping in it at all. I will not renew my subscription to this magazine at all.:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2006, 01:00 PM   #10  
Crimping Master

CARDS is awesome! It's a very beautiful, high-quality publication. It does focus more on making cards from the scrapbooker's perspective, meaning that the majority of the cards do not feature stamping. There are still tons of great ideas, though! And they can always be adapted to fit a stamper's perspective... you can replace the rub-ons with stamped sentiments, die-cut images with stamped images, etc. I really like it just because they come at things from a different perspective and the different ideas are really inspiring!
member #1507 gallery
witticisms... a witty blog
Reply With Quote Likes