Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-04-2008, 05:16 AM   #41
Die Cut Diva

Default Unfavorable reviews

I have been looking on the internet at the QVC paper crafting products "recently on air". It's almost like you want to look at the internet and not on tv cuz you can see the reviews on each item. Several (including storage items) that I thought looked cool had unfavorable reviews and I changed my mind about them.

Anybody else feel like that?

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-04-2008, 05:20 AM   #42
Stazon Splitcoast

I want to point out that the TSV kit goes under your "gift giving" budget not your craft budget if you use the finished projects as gifts. I plan to do that.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:26 AM   #43
Glitter Guru

I don't do QVC anymore . . . I realized that anything they have, I can almost always get cheaper locally -- and no shipping. Plus, if you don't ever actually use the stuff ya buy on there, it's not much of a bargain. Just my own experience.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:33 AM   #44
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KView Post
I want to point out that the TSV kit goes under your "gift giving" budget not your craft budget if you use the finished projects as gifts. I plan to do that.
See now, that's some good budgeting, right there!

I'm still deciding if I'm going to buy the TSV or not.... The papers are 8x8, and I really prefer 12x12, but those are awesome project things... And it's Cosmo Cricket, which is always cool.... And the price is pretty good....

Yup, I think I just found room in my Gift Giving Budget

and they all lived scrappily ever after - my blog
Old 02-04-2008, 05:55 AM   #45
Forum Fanatic

Hikjacking but we also didnt have cable for 2.5 yrs while we were in Germany. We were like some of you where you had to get the dish and all that(WAYYY to exp IMO) So we just got alot of DVD's. LoL
Now we are back stateside we got a sweet deal on a combo pack(phone, net and extended cable) through our cable company.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:58 AM   #46
Matboard Maniac

Default QVC

OH! Yes! I am a QVC fan for many years. For a long time it was the only place I coulld get my scrapping supplies and know some of the newest things. I love the Paper Fair.
I went on line and ordered the Bazzill paper before they had it on air. Boy, what a deal.
I'll be watching all day. My "Q" card is sure to get a work out. LOL

Estelle
Old 02-04-2008, 06:22 AM   #47
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Now I am in trouble....I was the TSV and the MM brads and the Heidi Swapp accessories thingy.....uh oh
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Old 02-04-2008, 07:55 AM   #48
Rubber Obsessor

I started watching last night and bought three items..hehe

I got the todays special value in red, the embossing kit, and the metallic rub ons...cant wait to get my good...lol.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:15 AM   #49
Stazon Splitcoast

I like what they are showing on QVC (USA) and the fact that the craft presenters know their product and aren't patronizing - I actually stopped ordering from QVC UK when I lived there because of the main presenter - all the samples she showed were so basic and mind numbing.

Although I haven't ordered anything today - well yet! - I do find the shows inspiring and up to date with new items.. just wish the telly was next to my craft table!
Old 02-04-2008, 08:19 AM   #50
Pearl-ExPert

okay...was I the only sadist who giggled when the memories direct lady was saying how her rubons were the best on the market for how smoothly then rub off the backing...then they didn't rub off!!!!

Ink Fumes Make You Crazy-->Inksanity
Old 02-04-2008, 08:20 AM   #51
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by shell_scrapsView Post
okay...was I the only sadist who giggled when the memories direct lady was saying how her rubons were the best on the market for how smoothly then rub off the backing...then they didn't rub off!!!!
um No... but it would have helped if she hadn't moved it around about ten times
Old 02-04-2008, 09:22 AM   #52
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
um No... but it would have helped if she hadn't moved it around about ten times
I'm so glad I'm not the only one out there

Ink Fumes Make You Crazy-->Inksanity
Old 02-04-2008, 09:40 AM   #53
Die Cut Diva

YES!!!! I got the cosmo cricket TSV in red!!! I LOOOOOVE it!

I love QVC for their paper crafting bundles and sets, the prices are soooo good!
Old 02-04-2008, 09:51 AM   #54
Hardware Hotshot

I've been watching it while I stamp, and was severly tempted to get the silhouette for 5 payments, and a $40. card for future purchases, but I didn't; it will be around again. The CKU classes ina box, wasn't a bad deal, it was three projects, one album "10 things about me" and another one for
journaling, she did a "year of monthly memories' and one other project and
dvd to do the classes at home. I avoided the temptation, until I get some more supplies used from home

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Old 02-04-2008, 10:09 AM   #55
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by STAMPINGODDESSView Post
I got an email about this, but lo I don't have cable- my kids tell me we the ONLY family in the world without cable!
Nope you aren't the only ones! Oddly enough- we have the nicest TV among our friends, but we are the only ones without either cable or satellite. But everyone always comes to our house to watch the "big games" (I wish they wouldn't... I hate "big games")

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlw411View Post
And I thought MY parents were the only ones without cable ... I have HD TV and they say "Wow, this is so clear".
You can have HD without having cable (or satellite). We have a digital antenna and reciever and get only broadcast channels- but if they are broadcasting in HD (most prime time and sports) we get HD. It's nice and we don't pay a cent for it. The HD comes in great, the analog comes in great. The only problem is when the weather is really bad (when cable is usually out anyway) there is no "snow" that you can sort of watch through like analog used to have- you either get a picture or not.

As for QVC- I used to LOVE watching it, but have never bought anything. I think that's probably a good thing that I don't have it- because it's so hard to resist.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:47 AM   #56
Stazon Splitcoast

So far just the Red TSV for me. *to use to make Christmas Gifts, so it doesn't count!* Even DH thought that was a great kit.

I LOVE watching it though. I could watch people make things out of paper all day long every day. I'd like a constant live stream of that please!
Old 02-04-2008, 10:51 AM   #57
Stazon Splitcoast

oh dear - it was that last hour before Anna Griffin started... I ended up with the 160 sheets of Bazzill - love the stuff and I have plenty of DP so this will help layer and coordinate. All the brads in a container - I actually don't have that many so I thought I needed them and the 7gypsies stamps - just fell in love with them...

I liked the cosmo cricket but wouldn't use everything that was in the TSV so didn't get it. The rest I WILL use.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:44 AM   #58
Die Cut Diva

I'm at work, but I am recording! DH LOL'd at 6am when he saw the little red light on!

My Gallery
Old 02-04-2008, 11:46 AM   #59
Pearl-ExPert

I turned this on last night (after a day of the Closer!!) and bought the Cosmo Cricket TSV right away. I have never bought anything from these shopping channels but the products looked so nice I thought I'd give it a try. Plus I figured I'd get two scrapbooks out of it at the very least. But I really liked that peek a boo album (the scattered chipboard pages) and the accordion tag albums that came with the kit. And the paper looked great! So I was sold right away.

Some other things I thought were very cool, especially their storage, but I talked myself out of those quickly - there were some things about each one that I wasn't sold on and didn't want to spend the money without seeing it first.

I get it in two weeks and I hope I like the kit!
Old 02-04-2008, 12:21 PM   #60
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrussomView Post
I turned this on last night (after a day of the Closer!!) and bought the Cosmo Cricket TSV right away. I have never bought anything from these shopping channels but the products looked so nice I thought I'd give it a try. Plus I figured I'd get two scrapbooks out of it at the very least. But I really liked that peek a boo album (the scattered chipboard pages) and the accordion tag albums that came with the kit. And the paper looked great! So I was sold right away.
I'm going to use those peek a boo and tag albums as Mother's Day Gifts! I'll fill them with picts of the kids and the Moms will love 'em!

www.lettersfromlizzie.blogspot.com
www.lizzieannedesigns.com
Old 02-04-2008, 12:40 PM   #61
Pearl-ExPert

Ooohhh, I'm trying so hard to resist the TSV! I peeked at it a couple times already (trying to be good and not order!). I just signed up with SU on Saturday, so I'm already done with my crafting budget for the month.... must... resist... the... temptation....
Old 02-04-2008, 01:07 PM   #62
Pearl-ExPert

Is it me, or does Lisa Bearnson act like a total snob? For some reason she just anoys me with her attitute, and did anyone see her slap David V. in the face last night? (I don't think he was too happy about that) What was she doing?? And, she kept pushing Jill B. today. Maybe it's just me.....
Old 02-04-2008, 01:12 PM   #63
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shopping DivaView Post
Is it me, or does Lisa Bearnson act like a total snob? For some reason she just anoys me with her attitute, and did anyone see her slap David V. in the face last night? (I don't think he was too happy about that) What was she doing?? And, she kept pushing Jill B. today. Maybe it's just me.....
I didn't really notice (but I was surfing and only looking up when necessary) but anyone is an improvement on what I endured watching QVC in the UK - every other line was a overt sexual innuendo - and didn't really bother with the product it was all about her family and what her family was doing and she was so tired because QVC kept her sooooo busy - I bet I know a few people that would love to be tired because of doing a crafting job & get paid well for it, rather than what they do to make ends meet.

What led up to her slapping David V.?
Old 02-04-2008, 01:31 PM   #64
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Skype™ to Carole4312

I'm watching it online from the UK ... believe me ... our TSV's are a load of garbage compared to yours !! I mean total and utter garbage ... and none of it is cheap !

I'm hoping that a friend from Canada has managed to order the TSV for me - even paying twice on postage, its a bargain !!!

We have never had any of the products you get - except one Lisa Bearnson TSV which was brilliant !

Honestly ... your QVC is a million times better than ours !
Old 02-04-2008, 02:16 PM   #65
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
I didn't really notice (but I was surfing and only looking up when necessary) but anyone is an improvement on what I endured watching QVC in the UK - every other line was a overt sexual innuendo - and didn't really bother with the product it was all about her family and what her family was doing and she was so tired because QVC kept her sooooo busy - I bet I know a few people that would love to be tired because of doing a crafting job & get paid well for it, rather than what they do to make ends meet.

What led up to her slapping David V.?
Oh, don't get me wrong, I love QVC, I don't even bother with the other shopping channels here. As far as what led up to her slapping David, I think they were goofing around, but she went too far. I have no idea why her hand was even near his face!
Old 02-04-2008, 02:53 PM   #66
Pearl-ExPert

I watched most of last night and all of today. Didn't order a thing. There a couple of things I was tempted by but by the time I made up my mind to go for it they were GONE! I am trying not to get things on a whim. It was interesting to watch. It motivated me to get busy! I received the complete nesties and the small petite scalloped circles in the mail today so guess I didn't need to buy anything anyway.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:55 PM   #67
Stampin' Fool

I thought Lisa B was acting strange last night. I couldn't believe she slapped David and she just gets soooo excited! Talks too fast and knocks things over. I know her job isn't to be a host and she maybe hasn't had much training but she makes it hard for me to watch.
Did you see her put that orange strip across 2 adults and a child? I thought that was an odd placement.
I can't wait for my TSV but that is all I ended up ordering.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:20 PM   #68
Crimping Master

I was only able to watch during the wee hours of morning. Got metallic chipboard items and PP pad
Old 02-04-2008, 04:29 PM   #69
Hardware Hotshot

OK, I got the CC 9000 set and ordered the auto ship for the holiday one coming in Aug.! OMG...what do you do with 9000 pieces?

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Old 02-04-2008, 05:54 PM   #70
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I haven't enjoyed watching her the past couple of times paper crafting has been on QVC. I feel the same way and my friend agrees too.

Visit my small but growing gallery
Old 02-04-2008, 06:16 PM   #71
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHolderView Post
I haven't enjoyed watching her the past couple of times paper crafting has been on QVC. I feel the same way and my friend agrees too.
Thank you! I knew I couldn't be the only one to notice. She brags quite a bit about her vactions, family, etc. and just doesn't seem really interested in being there - like it's a chore (I wish I had that chore!) LOL
Old 02-04-2008, 07:34 PM   #72
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I thought the same thing...I couldnt believe she slapped David in the face last night and you could tell he was a bit shocked.

I wonder why she did that...she was pushy all day today too I thought
Old 02-05-2008, 03:50 AM   #73
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thank you! I knew I couldn't be the only one to notice. She brags quite a bit about her vactions, family, etc. and just doesn't seem really interested in being there - like it's a chore (I wish I had that chore!) LOL
LOL well as I say you have to experience worse to appreciate ok. I do think she has been a little more "manic" the last couple of times I have seen her - hate to always say these things with regard to us ladies but maybe it just wasn't a good time of month etc. still its not a good message to slap someone on television whatever the reasons.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:11 AM   #74
Hardware Hotshot

You have no idea how good you have got it until you watch the rubbish that we have over here in the UK....we have the Queen of Craft who is about as creative as my big toe..........now I am no expert but we have fantastic creative people here in the UK but no, we have to have someone who self promotes to the extreme, even her own shop address, contact details etc...and has her neice doing a show for beginners......and she definately does not have a clue. if you want to the see the horror you can find it at www.qvcuk.com its on now for the next two hours. We do have a lovely lady that does the scrapbooking slots so its not her
Old 02-05-2008, 05:53 AM   #75
Stampin' Fool

I did notice Lisa slap David, he was shocked but then quickly moved on. I was even uncomfortable after that! I wonder if she apologized, off air?

As for QVC crafting, I noticed a big increase in prices, most things were in the $30.00 price range, and then shipping and tax... the items are no longer a bargain.

I also noticed that they usually display each kit, so we could see exactly what is included, but not this time, they didn't even really tell you exactly what was in each kit, other than the TSV.

I guess the crafts sell so well, that they no longer need to have bargains, or really show the products as they did in the past.

I did get the TSV in blue at midnight, although I really didn't see the blue close up until the red was gone, I love the album prints but not the case for it, oh well, I'm still excited about 9000 pieces. I just hope I use it!

Dina
Old 02-05-2008, 05:56 AM   #76
Rubber Obsessor

I wish when there is something new they could show how it works before it is sold out. I cant remember what it was exactly, but Lisa was showing something I hadnt seen before and I wanted to see how it worked before I bought it, and next thing I know, its gone..so I never got to see how it was used.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:22 AM   #77
Mad Swapper

Can someone tell me if they have bought qvc's bazille paper pack? I would like to purchase it but the one review is that most of the colors are very ugly and they wouldn't of even chosen half of them. I don't want to waste my money if they are not very usuable colors. Any advice appreciated. TIA

Theresa
Old 02-05-2008, 06:57 AM   #78
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

I bought that pack the last time it was on and have no problems with any of it. Maybe I have low standards, but I'm using it all the time

and they all lived scrappily ever after - my blog
Old 02-05-2008, 07:22 AM   #79
Stazon Splitcoast

I bought it - I 'm quite ok with altering colours with inkpads and the like if I don't like them so its no problem - I have more problems using weird designer paper that came in huge kits when I used to buy them. So I tend to buy those sort of things when I can see them and when I can choose.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:25 AM   #80
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliesmomView Post
I bought that pack the last time it was on and have no problems with any of it. Maybe I have low standards, but I'm using it all the time
Thank you! I am need of a nice selection of 12x12 paper and at .22 a piece (even with shipping) I thought it was a good deal.