Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-07-2016, 05:54 PM   #161
Glitter Guru

Diane, have you contacted them? I'd found their shipping charges relatively low, though free shipping is always better! But maybe it's been low for me because packages haven't weighed much.

You probably know this, but once tracking begins, it's up to the carrier (UPS/FedX/USPS) to scan and update. Sometimes scanning is missed and sometimes the bar code is damaged or unreadable, so it looks like the package hasn't moved. I hope this is the case and you get yours asap.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-08-2016, 04:55 AM   #162
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: Michigan ( where else can you point out where you live on your hand)

I ordered on Thanksgiving and got my complete order on the following Friday. The time before that I ordered With a Friend so we could split shipping and we got our Complete order within a week too. Haven't had any problem with them at all.

Last edited by bdeyes9; 12-08-2016 at 04:57 AM.. Reason: Spelling and spacing
Old 12-09-2016, 04:11 PM   #163
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
Diane, have you contacted them? I'd found their shipping charges relatively low, though free shipping is always better! But maybe it's been low for me because packages haven't weighed much.

You probably know this, but once tracking begins, it's up to the carrier (UPS/FedX/USPS) to scan and update. Sometimes scanning is missed and sometimes the bar code is damaged or unreadable, so it looks like the package hasn't moved. I hope this is the case and you get yours asap.
The package finally arrived; it took 14 days. I didn't contact them since my last contact with customer service was a total failure. I'm on the west coast and they're in Ohio so it's a 3 hour time difference and their customer service phone hours are only until 3:30 p.m., 12:30 p.m. my time, Mon. - Fri.

Previous customer service contact story: I placed an order late one night and immediately realized I ordered 2 of the same stamp sets. I immediately sent an email asking that one set be removed. The next day I got a bunch of emails from Paypal giving me credits. I went to my SSS account and discovered that they cancelled my order, didn't notify me, just cancelled. Another email asked "why was this order cancelled, I just asked that one set be removed". Since this was a Fri. I didn't get an answer until the next week and it was "Oh, we had a computer glitch and your order got cancelled". Over the weekend I replaced as much of the cancelled order as I could since several items were now out of stock. I let them know that I had re-ordered as much as I could but they decided to send me the items in my first order anyway, never checking to see that a new order was there. I again sent an email telling them to look at the new order and not send the cancelled order [which is still listed as cancelled]. They sent both orders and told me to refuse the "cancelled" order. Since our mail is not delivered to our house but to a community mail box this meant that I or my husband had to drive to the Post Office to return the cancelled order. I use a cane on good days and a wheelchair on bad and am recovering from my 3rd surgery for breast cancer since October so this caused extra stress in our lives due to what I felt was poor customer service.
Old 12-10-2016, 05:44 AM   #164
Glitter Guru

Oh, I'm so sorry you went through all that! Sounds like one hand not knowing what the other is doing. : (
Old 12-19-2016, 12:38 PM   #165
Kookie Creator

Just wanted to jump on to say that I just received my first Simon Says Stamp order and it was an absolute pleasure. I ordered on Dec. 13th and my package arrived today - December 19th. I think that's pretty good, especially during the holiday season.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:34 AM   #166
Compulsive Stamper

I've ordered few times from SSS and had never problems with them until now. I've waited my latest order over 4 weeks from shipping date. I normally received my packets in 2 weeks. At same time I ordered some supplies from Canada and they came in 2 weeks. Maybe my packet is lost.

Had anyone else who live outside US problems with shipping?
Old 05-05-2017, 07:32 AM   #167
Cardstock Collector

Hi all, I'm new to the stamping community and happen to see this page after ordering from SSS. I followed some advice from this thread, so I wrote them a nice but firm email and the next day they shipped my items. Granted, the time for processing was less than some of you, but that actually worked. I did not get an email confirmation saying my items have shipped (unlike Studio L2E). Rather, I logged in today and saw it changed from "Processed" to "Complete" and saw a tracking number.
They must live in a city where the USPS is so horrible that they don't have a consistent shipping schedule. (Just kidding.)

Last edited by MomoPeach; 05-05-2017 at 07:35 AM.. Reason: Changed status from "Complete" to "Shipped"
Old 05-05-2017, 07:41 AM   #168
Glitter Guru

I wonder what happened - they always send me a shipping confirmation email. I just got one yesterday. I assume you checked your spam folder.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:45 AM   #169
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
I wonder what happened - they always send me a shipping confirmation email. I just got one yesterday. I assume you checked your spam folder.
Sure did. Their site says that it was shipped about an hour ago but still no email. At this point, I'm alright with not receiving an email, but I'm more concerned about whether or not the package did really ship.

EDIT: They also haven't replied to my email either. Loooool >__>
Old 05-08-2017, 03:58 PM   #170
Cardstock Collector

Exclamation Lessons Learned from SSS

Quote:

Originally Posted by MomoPeachView Post
Sure did. Their site says that it was shipped about an hour ago but still no email. At this point, I'm alright with not receiving an email, but I'm more concerned about whether or not the package did really ship.

EDIT: They also haven't replied to my email either. Loooool >__>
Alright, just an update to my order. The morning I sent them that firm/friendly email, I found that they had printed the shipping label 3 hours later, so it proves someone is willing to read complaints. If left alone, I don't think they'd budge.

12 hours later (same day) they replied to my email stating that the order already had been shipped. Well, no duh, geniuses. I already knew that by logging into my account and checking on my order to see that it already had shipped prior to their email. It was also worded in a way that sounded like I'm too dumb to use the internet and didn't see it shipped. Also, they threw their customers under the bus and used the "reserved item" excuse found on their FAQ page stating that all the negative reviews came from those type of customers. HA! If only they knew how smart their customers actually are.

Lesson learned: SSS is a hit and miss from reading the posts on this thread. If you're concerned about them lollygagging around with your order, I suggest you send them a friendly/firm email. Preferably in the morning so that they can get it shipped out before 12pm.

Anyways, I'm not here to bash SSS. If you have had stellar business with them, great. This reply is not for you -- keep doin what you've been doin. This is more like future reference for people who are having trouble with them.

Viva la stamping!
Old 05-14-2017, 06:43 AM   #171
Cardstock Collector

Shipping is crazy inflated. I paid $6.99 for an order that was shipped in a plain envelope with the 2 oz First Class rate clearly posted on it. 2 oz would have only cost them a little over $2.00. Guess the other $5.00 I paid was "handling"?????
Old 05-14-2017, 06:55 AM   #172
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by jck123View Post
Shipping is crazy inflated. I paid $6.99 for an order that was shipped in a plain envelope with the 2 oz First Class rate clearly posted on it. 2 oz would have only cost them a little over $2.00. Guess the other $5.00 I paid was "handling"?????
I agree it can be frustrating - especially when some companies don't charge for shipping. I try to keep in mind that lots of companies have a minimum shipping charge.

Ellen Hutson is one of my fave shops ever - amazing customer service, lightening fast shipping, responsive, just the nicest people. And their shipping is $7.00. I bought just one stamp from them this morning and paid that.

Obviously there are other things to consider, and SSS could improve, just wanted to mention that. At least SSS often includes a $5.00 coupon in the order, so I consider that shipping $$. ; )