Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-03-2018, 06:41 PM   #81
Cardstock Collector

Iím glad to hear that it seems as if they have fixed their shipping issues. In the last I would order and it would take 5+ business days in ďprocessingĒ and then I would email and my order would magically ship that day.

I was just comparing prices for the Altenew Bold Alphabet dies and they are $15 more at SSS than EH, any ideas why such a big discrepancy?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-03-2018, 06:48 PM   #82
Proud Fan Club Member

JanTink:

This depends on what business model you wish to support.

I started to write out a long thing about business models. I have run a shipping dept and I can promise you there are companies who make a profit center in their shipping depts.

Fast example-if I have a dept that is cranking out 1000 packages an hour....that MORE than covers the postage, the overhead, etc. if I was charging 7.99 to ship a 3 oz stamp set each time. Sorry. That's 8 thousand dollars. Every hour for 7-8 hours a day. that's 56-65K a DAY. Just from the shipping charge-not the profit on the product.

I have no idea what the rate of flow is for SSS or their overhead. I am NOT saying they are profiting per se. I just dont agree with flat rate shipping, esp when you work with tiny things. Technically if I just wanted a pack of sequins I would have to pay 7.99 to ship them? No.

But appearances matter too and *imho* they would be better served to make it work like everyone else. Charge proper postage and get the overhead from the product profit.

**Especially as a mfg-they are enjoying a larger margin than buying wholesale from other companies**

Nor does this explain why they charge more than mfgs do on some product. But that is another thing.

Yes, it is true that if we order a lot of stuff the flat rate may indeed be good to us-which is exactly why I said I lean that way.

But generally speaking most people (I am assuming) dont spend $100 or more, or buy very heavy stuff that would increase the shipping often.

I am thinking they may be getting 1-3 items.

Now for me-this is not a good idea. If I can get people into my place more often to shop, I get more shots at impulse buys. But if people are coming in less often to max the value of my flat rate ship....I only get that one shot at it.

That's one reason I say it depends what business model you want to support.

In the end customers pay for all of it. Soup to nuts. The payroll, the electric bill-the sodas in the break room. But how you present it matters. To even give the whiff of profiting on stuff like shipping isn't good imho. Of course companies are looking to make profit so they can support themselves. pay the shareholders, and grow. But when some companies stand out for their policy in the industry...people will notice. You don't have to have business experience either. You just have to buy from a wide variety of places to see common practices.

Again this is a general discussion about shipping charges-not particularly aimed at SSS specifically. We are enjoying the convenience of shopping in our PJs at the computer. Charging me an extra dollar for that-ok. Comes to a lot with volume.

Still not short. Sorry if that sounds didactic-when I try to be concise it gets like that.
Boggles and Franncy like this post.
Old 01-20-2018, 06:58 AM   #83
Crimping Master

I made my first purchase with Simon Says Stamp last week. It had been one full week, so yesterday morning I contacted them via email inquiring whether there was a problem with my order. Everything is listed as in stock. They were polite in their response and said they would check in to what the problem could be and then send an email when the order shipped. After having all day yesterday to "process" the order, it still has not shipped. So now it will not be completed until next week. I haven't even received my order yet, and I already know I won't be ordering from SSS again.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:06 AM   #84
Rubber Obsessor

I'd never had a problem with Simon Says shipping until my last order. After five "processing" days, I contacted them by email. They said they would look into the matter and get back to me. They never did, but two days later I had my package. I'm guessing they are pretty hit or miss. I like to shop for stamps there and then track down the creator's store and buy from there.
pepperann likes this post.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:18 AM   #85
Glitter Guru

I've never had a problem with shipping, but they aren't super fast. I've gotten spoiled with Amazon Prime, Ellen Hutson, etc. But the time frame has been reasonable as long as I'm not in a hurry, and I expect slower shipping during big sales. Occasionally branded items that can't be found elsewhere have been faves, and I appreciate the $5.00 off coupons they include in orders. Recently a stamp set contained two stamps that didn't stamp perfectly and they sent me a new set. YMMV.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:14 AM   #86
Crimping Master

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I am not in any hurry to get the order, but when you are new to a company you don't know what to expect. I just find it strange that it takes an online store that long to process an order. There are no sales that I know of, so it seems they could be more efficient. They even told me that they usually ship within 3 business days. My guess is that they really didn't have the product in stock and are waiting for it to arrive, or something similar.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:24 AM   #87
Crimping Master

Just wanted to update you on my SSS order. It took 9 business days to ship 4 "in stock" items. In addition I emailed once. Today I finally saw on their site that my order was marked as shipped, but no notification via email was received, as I was told would happen.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:49 AM   #88
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie*View Post
Just wanted to update you on my SSS order. It took 9 business days to ship 4 "in stock" items. In addition I emailed once. Today I finally saw on their site that my order was marked as shipped, but no notification via email was received, as I was told would happen.
I think the e-mail notification is now sent out once USPS starts tracking the item and they can confirm it's heading your way. They used to send out an e-mail as soon as it was marked as "shipped" in their system, but sometimes the package wouldn't make it to the sorting center until a day or two later. And it was frustrating to have a tracking number that just says "label printed, waiting on package" for a while.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:25 AM   #89
Crimping Master

Thanks for this information. I actually laughed out loud when I read it. I placed an order with Ellen Hutson this morning, 13 days after I placed the SSS order. With as quick as they are I will probably receive that order first!
Old 01-24-2018, 12:02 PM   #90
Embossing Fanatic

Ellen Hudson is super fast!
Old 01-25-2018, 04:38 AM   #91
Crimping Master

You can say that again!!! They sent me a shipped email yesterday 2 hours after I placed my order.

I just checked my SSS order and now they are listing 3 items as shipped and one as still processing. So does that mean that after all this time I am still not getting my full order? I want to scream!!!
Old 01-26-2018, 03:48 PM   #92
Cardstock Collector

I placed my order for two in stock items on January 14th. As of today, they have not shipped. They responded to my inquiry saying they're having "warehouse issues ". This is the very same response I received when I ordered 6 months ago. I am truly done with this company.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:21 PM   #93
Polyshrink Goddess

I placed an order on 1/20 and received it today!

http://darlenemcg.blogspot.com/
Old 01-27-2018, 04:55 AM   #94
Crimping Master

After multiple emails I finally received part of my order yesterday and I was told I would receive the rest today. I tracked the package this morning and it isn't scheduled until Monday. They gave me the exact same warehouse excuse and refunded my shipping. I was happy to get the refund but it was also done after they read my email, so not something they did because they were upset with their own customer service. Possibly this was not their fault, but the package arrived looking like it had tire tracks on it. I was so relieved that the contents were not harmed. They also gave me a $5 coupon on my next order. I am not sure I can put up with doing any more business with them.

On a bright note, and in stark contrast, the order I placed with Ellen Hutson this week shipped in 2 hours, they provided me with a tracking number that was immediately working and tracking (not waiting for the package to arrive at USPS), and it is scheduled to arrive today, for a total time of 3 days. EH is amazing!!!
Old 01-27-2018, 07:35 AM   #95
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by darlenemcgView Post
I placed an order on 1/20 and received it today!
Funny, I ordered something the day after you did and got it the day after you, same good timeframe. : ) And I contacted SSS about a stamp set with two stamps that didn't stamp completely on one corner; they shipped another set.

This is ink and stamps, not essentials* like scarce medicine or food, so if unhappy with a company, it's easy enough to shop elsewhere - end of angst. Life's too short.

I did that with Tupelo Designs. Orders wouldn't arrive, would be only partly filled, no shipping notices, and it bothered me that they used "free" US Postal Service Priority Mail shipping boxes although they shipped FedX or UPS. (I used to love Tupelo; maybe they grew too big too quickly? I voiced my concern about the USPS supplies. They said their shipping supplier supplied them, as if that made it okay.)

* though I admit it feels essential sometimes
Old 01-28-2018, 05:50 AM   #96
Crimping Master

Let's just hope SSS was having a bad couple of weeks and all is good now. I am sure there is an explanation and if they could just be honest and explain what is going on it wouldn't be difficult to be understanding. I am crossing my fingers that the rest of my order arrives in good condition tomorrow (or at least this week).
Old 03-23-2018, 05:50 AM   #97
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning--add me to the list of people frustrated at the slow shipping and lack of updates on an order. I might have ordered from this company years ago and I guess I was OK with the slow process. I ordered one die and an ink pad a week ago today and it is still showing as processing. I have sent an email to customer service, but have not gotten a response................................
Old 03-23-2018, 05:54 AM   #98
Glitter Guru

Here's another very recent thread - mostly good experiences. Of course YMMV.

simon says stamp reviews please t622919.html
Old 03-23-2018, 08:45 AM   #99
Crimping Master

I've only ordered a few times from SSS. I think their shipping is slow because Ellen Hutson has me spoiled. My orders with her have always shipped same day or next. That being said I placed an order with Simon on Fri. evening (16th), it shipped Weds. (21st) and I will receive today. I guess being shipped on the third business day after placing order is reasonable but like I said Ellen Hutson has me spoiled. Simon also had a sale over the St. Pat weekend so maybe things are a little backed up.

When ordering from SSS I get more annoyed with USPS. I live in Cleveland, OH and Simon is in Columbus, OH. The package goes from Columbus to Cleveland to Akron back to Cleveland and then to my local PO. My package would have been here yesterday if the PO didn't bounce it back and forth between Cleveland and Akron.

All in all in the scheme of things my orders have been shipped in a reasonable time.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:13 PM   #100
SCS RAK Coordinator

I received a reply from Tiffany and she said my order shipped today.................... Still seems a long time to wait for an order to ship--5 business days.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:53 PM   #101
Insane Embellisher

Nearly all my orders with them have been problematic. I placed an order on 3/15/18. It was still processing a week later. I emailed for update on status & received a fairly prompt (shocked) that it JUST went to shipping. I can't help wonder how long it would have taken if I hadn't inquired. I also wonder if they don't prioritize their shipments by $value. Bigger, higher dollar orders go out faster, while smaller orders are pushed to the back burner. Seems strange to me that Ellen Hutson can get an order to me in 48 hours, but SSS takes upward of 10 days to 2 weeks.
Franncy likes this post.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:53 PM   #102
Crimping Master

Rhonda, I don't know how SSS prioritizes orders but since my orders are under $50 probably not by $ amt. I've wondered too how EH is so prompt and Simon takes longer to fulfill but don't know differences in staffing, size of business or systems. I've noticed some quirky things in time and date when I've placed an order versus what their system says. I'm thinking it's differences in systems. The last order I placed I received an email in the a.m.stating it had been shipped but their system still said processing. it was late afternoon before their system caught up with my email shipped notice.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:13 PM   #103
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

I ordered from Simon when their last release went live, and I was shocked (and pleased) to see they shipped the NEXT DAY. This has never happened to me before, but I really LIKED IT. I hope it's a sign of things to come.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Old 03-26-2018, 03:23 AM   #104
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.

I ordered from Simon on the 18th. Today is the 26th. Order is still in "processing".

Never give up, just practice, stay positive and have fun!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.

Old 03-26-2018, 04:43 AM   #105
Matboard Maniac

Same thing happened to me. Order placed on the 17th and it was still processing on the 24th. I emailed customer service and they sent a tracking number right away. I’m not sure what issues they’re having, but I hope they get it figured out.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:39 AM   #106
SCS RAK Coordinator

I just think it is so funny/ironic that as soon as "we" send an email to customer service, we get a tracking number...........................
Franncy likes this post.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:19 PM   #107
Polyshrink Goddess

This revived thread just made me look at the order I placed 8 days ago... and it's still processing! Guess I'll be sending that email have needed to send to get the ball rolling on their order and will hopefully then get a shipping notice soon! I know from previous orders there's always a delay - but if tomorrow is going on 9 days of still processing, that just seems a bit longer than usual for me.

PS - In my email I asked them out of curiosity and not judgement, why orders take so long to process, ship, and be delivered. It's a 2 week process sometimes. It will be interesting if they answer. I told them how I love their stamps and obviously stampers knows they won't get their goodies quickly but we still order, but if they could shed some light, maybe it would help us understand better....

UPDATE: OMG I just went back and looked at the items in the order I'm waiting for - and one of them are the dies for my Easter cards I'm making this week!!!! I had to order the stamps from one place - Hallmark Scrapbook which I received in 3 days early last week and that same day I ordered the dies from SSS because they were out everywhere else. GRHHHHHH. And they were $28 and the set I bought and have now but without dies in time is sooo cute. It's called A Good Egg by Sunny Studio. There is no way I am mass producing these cards with fussy cutting. I wish I had realized this before I emailed them!!!!

Last edited by Catherine773; 03-26-2018 at 05:36 PM..
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:22 PM   #108
SCS RAK Coordinator

I received my order today--one die and one stamp pad--10 days after I placed it.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:39 AM   #109
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mollymoo951View Post
I ordered from Simon on the 18th. Today is the 26th. Order is still in "processing".

Just a note that I received a shipping notice the afternoon of the 26th. So, they are about 8 days out from ordering to shipping. They ship priority, so that's 10 days from order to receipt. I did not email CS and the timeline fits with other customer experiences shared. I'll just have to plan time sensitive purchases from Simon. Looking forward to getting my order. This is the first time I have ordered from Simon.

Never give up, just practice, stay positive and have fun!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.

Old 03-27-2018, 09:05 AM   #110
Polyshrink Goddess

This is day 9 in processing so far. I'm going to call and see what the chances are they are will overnight my order so I can get these dies to make my cards in time to get in the mail for Monday of if they will at least pay the return shipping cost. I'll have to come up with a new design for my Easter Cards. Which will be fine, I'll get to test my creativity under pressure. I mean who doesn't love that? LOL. Even if they ship tomorrow with priority mail, by the time i receive them it will be 13 days. Normally I don't care at all about their shipping delays, it's just sucks that the one time it's unusually long, it's an item I actually needed!!!!
Old 03-28-2018, 10:00 AM   #111
Polyshrink Goddess

I got the sudden infamous shipping email in reply to my inquiry. It's shipping out 11 days after I ordered it. Normally I don't care at all. Like I mentioned, I'm just bummed, I didn't anticipate this extent of a delay and it has the dies I needed for my Easter cards to mail out. ETA is Friday by 8pm. Which means I will not receive them - everything is shipped to my office which closes at 5pm. Their deliveries always come after business hours. When I return after Easter, there will be either be a note on my office door or someone will have signed for it in our building. SSS didn't answer my question though why they have a longer time to ship in comparison to other companies. I may ask again. Just out of curiosity and not judgment. I love SSS - the reasoning would just be interesting to know.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:25 AM   #112
Inking Addict

I placed an order with them March 2 for a number of items, including the Easter Kit. They took the money out of my account on March 5th. It finally shipped on March 21st. Cutting it a little close for Easter. I have two more orders pending with them - one that has been processing for 8 days and one for just 3. All three orders were well over $100. I'm glad I'm not the only one, but it will definitely make me order time sensitive things elsewhere.

Last edited by WyomingRobin; 03-29-2018 at 09:29 AM..
Old 03-29-2018, 12:22 PM   #113
Stazon Splitcoast

I only order from them a couple times a year (I'm an SU demo and don't buy a ton of non-SU stuff), but y'know, if it wasn't for their SSS branded stuff, I think they'd lose out on a TON of business. As so many of you have said, Ellen Hutson gets stuff out lightning fast! I'd rather they spend more time working on orders and less time emailing me about something I was looking at but didn't buy. There are some brands that I can get in 2 days or less from Amazon Prime.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:47 PM   #114
Rubber Obsessor

Their shipping times really sucks. I've never ordered from them (I shop where I can get the best bargain including shipping) but I've seen quite a few complaints. That much time is ridiculous.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:57 PM   #115
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

I'd rather they spend more time working on orders and less time emailing me about something I was looking at but didn't buy.
It's not an actual person that e-mails you about those. That's a store feature for the software they're using to take their orders.
SkyNacho likes this post.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:09 PM   #116
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soozie4HimView Post
I only order from them a couple times a year (I'm an SU demo and don't buy a ton of non-SU stuff), but y'know, if it wasn't for their SSS branded stuff, I think they'd lose out on a TON of business. As so many of you have said, Ellen Hutson gets stuff out lightning fast! I'd rather they spend more time working on orders and less time emailing me about something I was looking at but didn't buy. There are some brands that I can get in 2 days or less from Amazon Prime.

We trigger those "reminder" emails when we visit a page. They're automatic, programmed, so no human beings' fingers type them. : )
It can be avoided by visiting websites privately. Different browsers handle it differently but it's easy to flip between normal and private browsing.

I use Amazon Prime a bunch too. Joggles is also lightening fast with terrific sales, prices in general, and customer service. Gina Marie is also speedy. She added a tiny free die to my order last week - and one I really like! And of course Ellen Hutson is so fast. I think that shop is much smaller than SSS, not that that excuses very slow shipping.

I hope people who are disappointed will kindly let them know. I love SSS and their branded items are great. They also helped me once when getting something quickly was really important. But I shop elsewhere when speed is a factor.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:18 PM   #117
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by frugal scrapperView Post
Their shipping times really sucks. I've never ordered from them (I shop where I can get the best bargain including shipping) but I've seen quite a few complaints. That much time is ridiculous.

There's another recent thread here on SCS that is largely quite positive about SSS. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and if speed is important, SSS probably isn't the best option, just that seems like a rather strong statement without having ever ordered from them. : ) Their shipping time has been reasonable for me with one or two exceptions over several years.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:37 PM   #118
Polyshrink Goddess

I did get my order thankfully, but unfortunately it's 2 weeks later and I don't have enough time to make the Easter Cards I planned that I mentioned earlier. However I did hear from someone very kind twice and they included a free magazine for me - called Scrapbook & Cards Today. It's the Spring 2018 edition. It's probably in stores already but I never look at magazines anymore. And I was so pleased at how much advertising there was from stamp companies! I saw stamps released by the Mama Elephant / Hampton Art line that I've never seen and they are ADORABLE. And these new neighborhood house sets by Pink & Main I haven't seen yet either. Another must have for me. Maybe they are out already and I just haven't seen them. Which means I'm slacking! Plus some of the companies offer discounts that advertise in it. And the card samples they make - some are my style and really cute - and of course made with some SSS stamps - and they are totally adorable. This was a smooth move by SSS - sending me this magazine - which I must admit, I love it. My wallet doesn't - but it has some really cute ideas in it, fun spring colors, coupons, and new product. So I forgive them. Between the nice email and the free magazine, I'm glad it was handled better than it could have been. I do have to get my butt busy making a few simple easter cards to give out on Sunday, but it's too late to make a bunch of Easter cards and mail them. Unless I get creative as to why the Easter Bunny is arriving late this year. Hmmm I might give this some thought. But we all live and we learn! And I'm off to make a new wish-list, damn magazine.. funny how things turn out sometimes.

Last edited by Catherine773; 03-30-2018 at 12:57 PM..
Old 03-30-2018, 12:49 PM   #119
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
There's another recent thread here on SCS that is largely quite positive about SSS. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and if speed is important, SSS probably isn't the best option, just that seems like a rather strong statement without having ever ordered from them. : ) Their shipping time has been reasonable for me with one or two exceptions over several years.
I've seen quite a few complaints about the time it takes to ship and IMO that means the shipping time sucks.
Apparently nowhere as bad as Scrapbooking Made Simple though!
Old 03-30-2018, 01:14 PM   #120
Glitter Guru

From what I've read, "Scrapbooking Made Simple's" business practices may be in an entirely different category than "sometimes slow."

There are people here who happily order from SSS month after month, love their kits (can see the kit and take breaks when you want) and branded items. I appreciated that they put together massive grab bag boxes for $25/$50/$100 with all proceeds going to Texas hurricane victims, plus you received a card from a designer.

But I absolutely don't discount peoples' unhappy experiences with shipping speed - or lack thereof!
WyomingRobin likes this post.