Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-30-2007, 08:09 PM   #41
Hardware Hotshot

Wow, SU! used to be the head honcho at stirring up this kind of emotion on the boards.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:17 PM   #42
Insane Embellisher

I've called once and ordered twice. Excellent service, and very fast....and wonderful product! I love PapertreyInk!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-30-2007, 08:21 PM   #43
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamjulieView Post
I would just like to say that this is an open forum & we are all here at SCS for the same reasons. I don't think we should jump on the OP as she was just voicing her honest concerns with this specific Company as I am sure most of you have also done at one time or another here in the same Forum. There is no need to put anybody down or hurt any feelings.

JMO,
Julie
I think that some responses have been more emotional because Nichole is so great and contributes so much to our stamping (and SCS) community. If the OP was talking about a big craft store, I'm sure the reactions wouldn't be so strong.

That said, I do think that posting "bad customer service" in the general forums after only giving them one day, over a weekend, during the holidays, is not really giving Papertrey a fair chance to provide any kind of customer service. If/when you receive a response and they correct the mistake, having such a negative post in the general forums may have already damaged their reputation, all for nothing, kwim?

I think the overwhelming majority of us have been thrilled with their service, myself included.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:39 PM   #44
Forum Fanatic

Just stepping in for a quick reminder about the SCS TOS. Please keep your comments to the OP regarding your experience with this company. Thanks!

Quote:

Abusive comments, flaming, or derogatory insults are strictly against the rules. If you must disagree with another member's point of view, do so in a mature and civil manner. If someone posts to discuss their personal opinions, or seeks help from other forum members, please do not respond unless you have something positive or helpful to add. If you do not like what a particular member has posted, please remember that each person is entitled to their opinion, even if it differs from your own. Naming other members and asking others not to respond to their posting is neither necessary nor condoned. If you find yourself being flamed or insulted by another member, please do not dignify that person with a response. Notify a moderator and we will be sure to look into the matter as quickly as we can.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:12 PM   #45
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by annod.rapView Post
I would have to say the customer service has been okay, really slow shipping service though. I placed an order 2 weeks ago and haven't seen a thing. Still waiting to hear back from them on a tracking number. So not sure if I will order through them again. Will wait to see what happens.
It's not Papertrey's shipping that is slow - it's USPS and then Canada Post. Orders to Canada have to pass through customs before Canada Post sends them our way. With it being the holiday season and the fact that the Canadian $$ is so high online ordering from the US has taken off in leaps and bounds and ALL parcels from the US are taking much longer than they normally would. 2 weeks seems to be about the minimum wait time right now to get parcels from the US.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:26 AM   #46
Crimping Master

oops

--------------------
Please, stop by my BLOG and say hello! *smile*.
I Love little bird/chick stamps.

Last edited by bluelemon; 12-31-2007 at 02:46 AM.. Reason: sorry.. same message came twice
Old 12-31-2007, 02:35 AM   #47
Crimping Master

Unfortunately I have had bad service as well... My first two orders went so smoothly, but now the latest one... not so . I made an order at the end of November and I still haven't received it. I never got any email about it being sent nor was nothing updated in the account. I emailed them and after a while I got an answer about a date when the package has been sent but still nothing. I have emailed them again but of course, don't expect an answer until all the holidays are over. Just getting worried.

--------------------
Please, stop by my BLOG and say hello! *smile*.
I Love little bird/chick stamps.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:15 AM   #48
Gabfest Goddess

Default Wow!

Old 12-31-2007, 06:26 AM   #49
Stazon Splitcoast

it is a holiday weekend...

and the 'sale' isn't even complete...

i don't think 'ALL the facts' are even IN

i think i would have waited to judge- thats just me tho!
Old 12-31-2007, 06:31 AM   #50
Glitter Guru

i have ordered from PT and have had wonderful experience from them. I will order from them again.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:43 AM   #51
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christine PView Post
Just stepping in for a quick reminder about the SCS TOS. Please keep your comments to the OP regarding your experience with this company. Thanks!
OK, I apologise for stating that calling it bad customer service after only 24 hours on a holiday weekend was rediculous...

but isn't there something in the TOS as well about attacking other members? Isn't PTI a member here? Doesn't SHE deserve the same kind of respect?

Just curious...

I guess the whole "bad customer service" thing bothers me. That was a little over the top IMO....
Old 12-31-2007, 06:47 AM   #52
Pearl-ExPert

Geez you guys. A simple question has turned into an all out battle. I have never ordered from PTI but i'm pretty sure i would NOT read her BLOG the first time i did. StampinOT, i'm sure the delay in response was just from the holiday weekend, and i can understand your frustration at a website that gave you problems. I guess the only thing to do now is wait till after tomorrow to see how their customer service really is when they handle the problem "in person." Have a great new year's and good luck with straightening everything out!

Yep, me and Nutswithtwins are BFF's.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:15 AM   #53
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by momis mamaView Post
it is a holiday weekend...

and the 'sale' isn't even complete...

i don't think 'ALL the facts' are even IN

i think i would have waited to judge- thats just me tho!
Well said!

I am the kind of person who will give a business more than one try before I label them as giving 'bad' customer service. I know there's a saying like 'you only get one chance to make a first impression' - but unless a transaction or a purchase has gone so horribly FUBAR'd - I'll go back & try again.

I've worked in service industries all my working life - I can honestly say I've had days I haven't given 100%, but I do try. That's all I ask from others as well.

I say to the OP, give PTI a chance to make things right - after all it was a weekend & a holiday - have a little spirit.

Anne
Old 12-31-2007, 07:30 AM   #54
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by CknODaCView Post
but isn't there something in the TOS as well about attacking other members? Isn't PTI a member here? Doesn't SHE deserve the same kind of respect?
The OP does not attack a SCS member specifically. She asked about others' experiences with an Internet business, whose owner happens to be a member here. Upon questioning from others in the thread, the OP shared her experience with PTI, not with a specific member on SCS.

I understand why some lean toward defending PTI. I agree that it is a holiday week and that the OP should wait until the holidays are over to get it straightened out. I'm certain that PTI will work diligently to right any wrongs/errors. However, there are better ways to say that than how some have said it thus far. That was the reason for my post, kind of to nip in the bud any further "bickering" on the thread, especially before it got out of hand.

On the other hand, the OP may have given more thought to wording the question. She stated in subsequent posts that she really was just curious about the experiences of others with PTI. Something like, "I've just ordered online from PTI, and it got messed up. Can anyone tell me what their experiences have been in this situation? Will PTI work with me to get it straightened out?" might have ruffled less feathers and answered the questions she had.

We've allowed others to post about not so pleasant experiences with companies in the past. Although, if I personally have an issue with a company or its products, I take it to the person who can do something about it...that company, not to the masses here.

Good morning, BTW!
Old 12-31-2007, 07:42 AM   #55
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by missjenNHSView Post
Geez you guys. A simple question has turned into an all out battle. I have never ordered from PTI but i'm pretty sure i would NOT read her BLOG the first time i did. StampinOT, i'm sure the delay in response was just from the holiday weekend, and i can understand your frustration at a website that gave you problems. I guess the only thing to do now is wait till after tomorrow to see how their customer service really is when they handle the problem "in person." Have a great new year's and good luck with straightening everything out!

I don't know where the comment about the blog came from in this post or previous posts - all the info about them being closed is posted on their "Customer Service" page on the website - the same page you would go to to email them.

http://www.papertreyink.com/customer_service.html

This thread did get pretty heated - but I think the "bad customer service" wording hit a lot of people wrong, especially considering the specifics of the complaint.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:29 AM   #56
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christine PView Post
The OP does not attack a SCS member specifically. She asked about others' experiences with an Internet business, whose owner happens to be a member here. Upon questioning from others in the thread, the OP shared her experience with PTI, not with a specific member on SCS.

I understand why some lean toward defending PTI. I agree that it is a holiday week and that the OP should wait until the holidays are over to get it straightened out. I'm certain that PTI will work diligently to right any wrongs/errors. However, there are better ways to say that than how some have said it thus far. That was the reason for my post, kind of to nip in the bud any further "bickering" on the thread, especially before it got out of hand.

On the other hand, the OP may have given more thought to wording the question. She stated in subsequent posts that she really was just curious about the experiences of others with PTI. Something like, "I've just ordered online from PTI, and it got messed up. Can anyone tell me what their experiences have been in this situation? Will PTI work with me to get it straightened out?" might have ruffled less feathers and answered the questions she had.

We've allowed others to post about not so pleasant experiences with companies in the past. Although, if I personally have an issue with a company or its products, I take it to the person who can do something about it...that company, not to the masses here.

Good morning, BTW!
thanks for clarifying....

and yes, the wording did ruffle a few feathers... sorry if I added to the heat, just felt the wording and timing of the complaint were a bit unfair...
Old 12-31-2007, 08:39 AM   #57
Mad Swapper

Wow! It amazes me how things get blown way out of sorts in short order.

I have never ordered from PTI. Not because I don't like their stuff...it's just that I'm an internet shopping chicken. Having said that....I just wonder if the OP thought about it being the holidays. I know of other businesses that close right down for the holidays so I guess, if it were me (and I wasn't such a shopping chicken!) I would have waited until the holidays were over to order...or at least not vented on a public forum until I received a reply (or no reply shortly after the holidays). I mean no offense to the OP. Just some food for thought.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:02 AM   #58
Stazon Splitcoast

Geez, I wish mods would lock this thread! The OP has been flogged enough. Pull back your claws, girls; this whole thing is so...yesterday! Can't it just be dropped?
Old 12-31-2007, 10:19 AM   #59
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

well, what I find rediculous is someone running to a public message board 24 hours after an error occured on her order and not getting a response, on a WEEKEND, saying she got bad customer service... that's just unbelievable IMO. I mean really? Do any of YOU work 24/7?? Give them a break already...

Given the fact it's also a holiday I wouldn't even expect to get a reply until Wednesday from ANY company... even SU is closed for cryin' out loud!

So to the op, just chill a bit, wait until Monday, and see what happens instead of going off and saying you got "bad" customer service...

And I'm not a groupie defending Papertrey. I've never even visited their website. I've never even looked at their stamps to even know what the fuss is about, so I'm not defending anyone... just defending what should be COMMON SENSE....

It's the weekend people....

good grief.....

I haven't seen another post from the op so I'm wondering why things are so intense? There has been no harm done to Papertrey, instead they are receiving glowing reviews. My concern is for the op. This is a hard time of year for many people and this thread has really gotten ugly. She came here out of frustration and has actualy been verbally attacked by some of you. Defending a company you love is fine but this has really gone way beyond that.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:44 PM   #60
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debra CherneyView Post
I haven't seen another post from the op so I'm wondering why things are so intense? There has been no harm done to Papertrey, instead they are receiving glowing reviews. My concern is for the op. This is a hard time of year for many people and this thread has really gotten ugly. She came here out of frustration and has actualy been verbally attacked by some of you. Defending a company you love is fine but this has really gone way beyond that.
I have to say, ITA. There have been posts in defense of PT, but good grief ladies, some of them are very ugly to the OP and I'm sure even Nichole herself wouldn't want to see that! I've seen many threads where someone is complaining about a company, this one isn't any different. I'm a big fan of Nichole as well, however a business is a business and there will be customers that have had a bad experience along the way. That doesn't mean PT is a bad company, just that there may be bugs to work out, and Nichole has even addressed that in an earlier thread. All the OP was asking was if there was anyone who had a similar experience.

That being said....I think the OP jumped the gun a little and should wait a few more days before getting too worried about her order. I'm sure that PT will make everything right.

My blog: Stephanie B. Designs
Old 12-31-2007, 03:21 PM   #61
Hardware Hotshot

Hear Hear - who votes this thread should be moved to the Current Events forum!

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/dstfrommi
Old 12-31-2007, 03:27 PM   #62
Rubber Obsessor

I have had great customer service from Papertrey. Not everyone has the same idea what good customer service is. I also do not think that anyone placing on order or emailing on a holiday weekend should think that they should get an immediate response. It is Christmas!!!!. at least give them a couple of days to respond.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:54 PM   #63
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

OK, I apologise for stating that calling it bad customer service after only 24 hours on a holiday weekend was rediculous...

Just curious...

I guess the whole "bad customer service" thing bothers me. That was a little over the top IMO....
I was just asking the question, and think I have a right to my opinion. Last time I checked I was in America
Old 12-31-2007, 06:38 PM   #64
Stazon Splitcoast

OH dear lord make it stop!! This whole thing is ridiculous!

View my BLOG
Old 12-31-2007, 06:55 PM   #65
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

well, what I find rediculous is someone running to a public message board 24 hours after an error occured on her order and not getting a response, on a WEEKEND, saying she got bad customer service... that's just unbelievable IMO. I mean really? Do any of YOU work 24/7?? Give them a break already...

good grief.....
I just have to say that I have often bought things, usually from ebay, then hear nothing for 2 days after I have paid, then freak out thinking I might have a problem....

then I obsess....
and obsess....
and start to really worry.

I would have done the same thing had I gotten a ship notice w/o hearing about corrections.

It might be a weekend, but someone worked enough to send a ship notice, on incorrect order, so she is worrying and just wants some history of service from other customers hoping for some peace of mind....that is what I would be feeling and how I read it.

she did no bashing
no badmouthing

just wanted some peace of mind...I would have wanted that too.

I have never heard of the company, but I am sure all will be well from all the great SCS ladies that have given their assurances about the company. Hope you are feeling better about your order now, even if you might feel a little villianized by this thread .... such is life!
Old 12-31-2007, 07:37 PM   #66
Rubber Obsessor

Stampinot/Julie....I hope you have a Happy New Year......and are not taking any of the above negative comments to heart.

Julie
Old 12-31-2007, 08:10 PM   #67
Gabfest Goddess

I find it ironic that this thread had died down for several hours yet someone felt the need to comment about "letting it go" and bringing it back to the top again...

I have sent a private apology to stampinot... I hope NOW that is the end of it.... any further posts to this thread are counterproductive and unnecessary....
Old 12-31-2007, 11:13 PM   #68
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by austamperView Post
OH dear lord make it stop!! This whole thing is ridiculous!
? Why even post this?
Old 01-01-2008, 08:54 AM   #69
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debra CherneyView Post
? Why even post this?
Because this whole post is ridiculous. Everyone keeps repeating what everyone has already said atleast once. There's no reason to keep it going. I'm not the only one that's asked for it to stop.

Why respond to mine?

View my BLOG
Old 01-01-2008, 08:55 AM   #70
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I find it ironic that this thread had died down for several hours yet someone felt the need to comment about "letting it go" and bringing it back to the top again...

I have sent a private apology to stampinot... I hope NOW that is the end of it.... any further posts to this thread are counterproductive and unnecessary....
Sorry I didn't mean to keep it going. Regardless of what it might seem I don't look at when the last post was made. I just look at my e-mail and get new e-mails when there is a response.

View my BLOG