Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-21-2007, 09:18 PM   #281
Polyshrink Goddess

Shivani,
I am glad to hear that my card mede it to India. Glad you liked it. I too have gotten many awesome cards. I just love this idea!!!

Crystal
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-22-2007, 09:45 PM   #282
Kookie Creator

Good morning all--I guess it is a little after midnight here in SD! I am working the night shift, and catching up with you gals here on SCSers. I recieved a beautiful card saturday from Sarah in Illinios---thank you, it is very pretty. I just counted my cards yesterday and have recieved 12 thus far This is so much fun....I hope you all had a great weekend. Talk to ya again soon. I hope to get a little sleep tomorrow and make some more cards before I have to get my kids from daycare

My avatar is me with my kids
Old 07-23-2007, 03:33 PM   #283
Hardware Hotshot

Today I received a lovely card from Pat (pjc). It was fun reading your letter too. Good luck with your back to school plans!
Hugs,
Paige
Old 07-24-2007, 05:04 PM   #284
Hardware Hotshot

Today I received a lovely pen pal card and letter from Carrie! I'm so enjoying these cards and letters!
Hugs,
Paige
Old 07-24-2007, 07:55 PM   #285
Embossing Fanatic

Default Thanks!

My family and I just returned from a short trip and I had happy mail when I got home! Thanks, Laura N. from Madison, WI, for sharing your card with me. I'ts beautiful! I love it and will get one sent your way as soon as I can! Everyone have a great day! This is so fun! I look forward to receiving and sending more!
Michelle
Old 07-25-2007, 05:20 PM   #286
Embossing Fanatic

Shivani,
I received your card today....absolutely beautiful. Thank you! What a clever idea also to put the card in a cellophane wrapper, I've never thought about doing that.

LeAnn
Old 07-25-2007, 05:23 PM   #287
Embossing Fanatic

Crystal and Laura....
I received your beautiful cards today was thrilled to bits !!!! Thankyou so much will be sending your way .....
Dee
Old 07-25-2007, 05:49 PM   #288
Kookie Creator

Dolores-
To answer your question about my hip surgery. I have a 6-week time limit where I have hip precautions so that I don't dislocate my hip. If I did, I'd have to have another surgery...and since I have to have one ANYWAYS on my other hip, I don't want a repeat! I can't bend at the waist or lift anything too heavy. I also can't drive for 6 weeks. And the 6 weeks won't be over until the middle of August. I am almost through 3 weeks, which doesn't sound like much...but believe me, I'm happy. This week went much faster as I'm walking outside with my walker and getting back to doing some stuff in the house. The first 2 weeks were long and hard b/c I felt yucky and was antsy at the same time. My mom was here for the first week post-op and my MIL is here now and will be here until next Monday night. Then my DH will take some time off but at least I'm up and about more now. It just sucks b/c I can't go anywhere-I have 3 kids: DD is 7 1/2, DS are 4 1/2 and 3...and so I"m used to leaving the house everyday just to get out and about. Gotta go now b/c I'm a bit sore-went on a walk about 8 houses down today. That's the furthest I've walked with my walker yet.

TTYL
Becca
Old 07-25-2007, 05:52 PM   #289
Mad Swapper

Hi Le..

I'am happy u finally recvd the card..!!

SHivani
Quote:

Originally Posted by LmpianoplayrView Post
Shivani,
I received your card today....absolutely beautiful. Thank you! What a clever idea also to put the card in a cellophane wrapper, I've never thought about doing that.

LeAnn
Old 07-25-2007, 06:05 PM   #290
Kookie Creator

Shivani--I got your card today as well, very simple and nice. I enjoy bright colors Thank you-I will be sending one back your way soon!

Old 07-25-2007, 07:12 PM   #291
Cardstock Collector

Hello All
I just wanted to say Thank you to Laura O'Shea for my first pen pal card. It is beautiful!!It is so nice to meet you Laura, thank you for your intro. Sending a card your way. This is going to be so much fun!!!

Have a great day Ladies
Rene'
Old 07-26-2007, 03:06 AM   #292
Rubber Obsessor

Good Morning All,
I just wanted to Thank everyone for their beautiful cards I received this week, Rebecca, Julie, Sarah, Carrie, Karen and Kris. I loved them all. They make me want to go out and buy more stamps!!!! I am having so much fun with this. I will be getting more cards out this Friday.

Becca,
I'm so glad your hip is getting better everyday. I know that has to be so painful to try and walk, but keep up the good work and soon you'll feel so much better.

I will be having surgery on both my knee's in Sept. I have bone on bone and they are going to do partcial knee replacement on them. I've been in so much pain and haven't been able to walk very good for a couple of years now. The doctor I was seeing didn't want to do the surgery until I was in my middle 60's I'm 59 now, and was going to do a whole knee replacement when he did it. I changed doctors and he said he would do it now. I told him I would be in a wheel chair before the end of this year if he would'nt and so hooked on pain meds that I wouldn't ever get off them. I'm on one of the highest pain meds now that they can give me and their not doing a thing for the pain. He said I should be able to walk out of the hospital in 2 or 3 days, with very little pain if any, if everything goes good. Hopefully everything will turn out good. He said if it didn't work, he would have to go back in and do a whole knee replacement on both.

Well, got to go HD will be getting up soon and I have to fix his lunch. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Thanks again for the wonderful cards.

Lana
Old 07-26-2007, 09:06 AM   #293
Matboard Maniac

Shivani,

I received a card from you today....Loved it.

As soon as I can get back to stamping, I will get a card out. I have been trying to organize the craft room with things falling on top of me...LOL

Thanks
Tammy
Old 07-26-2007, 12:23 PM   #294
Kookie Creator

Well I had 3 great cards in the mailbox waiting for me when I got home from the pool with the kids--they were from Carrie(stampnangel),Marilyn,and Linderlou. Thank you guys so much. CARRIE--I love that card, I saw it in your gallery and loved it, thanks for sharing it with me. I absolutely love that latte set, it is one of my all time fav's that SU has put out there. Once again it is 100 degrees here in South Dakota---the pool was sooo nice today. I sware there were 50 kids in the little kiddy pool..I almost lost my own kids, lol I am feeling alittle "tender" on the shoulders not with regular clothes back on, lol. Anyways I hope all you ladies have a great day and I will try and get some cards back in the mail ASAP

Old 07-26-2007, 12:39 PM   #295
Stampin' Fool

Default Mailed some cards at last

Hello,

Things are settling down a bit here. Managed to mail 27 cards today . Will mail the rest next week. DH is doing well and in good spirits, although a bit bored. Still can't convince him to stamp.

Have a great weekend.

Dolores
Old 07-26-2007, 02:47 PM   #296
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljwh02View Post
Well I had 3 great cards in the mailbox waiting for me when I got home from the pool with the kids--they were from Carrie(stampnangel),Marilyn,and Linderlou. Thank you guys so much. CARRIE--I love that card, I saw it in your gallery and loved it, thanks for sharing it with me. I absolutely love that latte set, it is one of my all time fav's that SU has put out there. Once again it is 100 degrees here in South Dakota---the pool was sooo nice today. I sware there were 50 kids in the little kiddy pool..I almost lost my own kids, lol I am feeling alittle "tender" on the shoulders not with regular clothes back on, lol. Anyways I hope all you ladies have a great day and I will try and get some cards back in the mail ASAP

Glad you liked it Molly I'm so glad I got that set, I love it too although Baroque Motifs has taken over as my all time favorite set right now
Old 07-26-2007, 04:09 PM   #297
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to lezzels

Thankyou Laura your card made to Oz ......... love it
I get soooooooooooooooo excited with "Happy Mail"
Old 07-26-2007, 06:58 PM   #298
Embossing Fanatic

I received 2 more beautiful cards today from Linda (linderlou) Beverly(DorothyJane) I loved your cards. This is so much fun. I will have one back to you soon. I have the day off tomorrow and I plan on spending it Stamping!

Beverly - to answer your question about Tennessee....yes I do love it here and yes you should visit some time. Thank you for the compliment about the Soddy-Daisy name. Usually when I tell people that I live in Soddy-Daisy, they look at me like I have 3 heads! They can't believe there is such a place with that name. It is 20 miles north of Chattanooga and in Chattanooga there are several things to see and do. The Tennessee Aquarium, the IMAX Theatre, Rock City, Ruby Falls, the Chattanooga Choo Choo.....just to name a few. Of course I know Nashville is famous for country music and the Grand Ole Opry, and Memphis is famous for Elvis and Graceland. Thats all I know about the other cities....maybe some of the other TN gals on here could help you out if they live close to those parts of the state.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:46 AM   #299
Polyshrink Goddess

I keep receiving great cards in the mail. I mailed out 15 more cards today! I needed to go to the post office to get more postage. Sorry, It has taken me so long to respond. I had the letters written and cards made just not sent.

Becca, I am glad to hear that you are doing better everyday!

Lana, you are brave to hae both knees done at the same time! My grandmother had her knees done many years ago and she said it was the best thing she could have done for herself by having that surgery. And, she was up and walking again within days of the surgery just like the doctor predicted. I think at that time she was about 65 y/o.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:27 PM   #300
Embossing Fanatic

I received a card from Laura O'shea in the mail. It was a very nice suprise. I have sent one back to you. Next week I will make it to the post office for stamps and so everyone keeping looking in your mail you may receive a card from Flordia.......
Karen
Old 07-27-2007, 02:31 PM   #301
Polyshrink Goddess

Hello Ladies,
I just wanted to tell everyone that if you all ever plan to make and send spinner cards it costs an extra .17 to send them because they can't run them through the machine. They have to handle them by hand. I hope everyone is having a great day!

Crystal
Old 07-27-2007, 02:41 PM   #302
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Lana

Lana, I pm you asking you for an updated pen pal list. Thanks
Crystal
Old 07-27-2007, 11:03 PM   #303
Rubber Obsessor

Crystal,

Just sent you the update and thanks for the heads up on the extra cost for spinner cards. I was maling out cards Thur. and asked the lady at my post office if they hand stamped mail and she said the was years ago that they done that, guess I'll have to go to a bigger post office. My ladies just won't want to work a little harder.LOL

Got more beautiful cards this weekend, Thanks everyone, I so enjoy them and getting so many great ideas from them. I got more cards now then BILLS

Have a good night, and will be seeing you in the mail.

Lana
Old 07-28-2007, 04:13 AM   #304
Rubber Obsessor

Good Morning Ladies,

Guess what? Our Pen Pal List hit 60 ladies today. Wow, I sure never thought when I posted this that it would ever get this big. I want to Thank all of you for wanting to be my Pen Pal. Never had one when growing up and look at me now. I am so loving this. I love exchanging cards but best of all I love meeting you all and having you as Pen Pal friends.

You all make so beautiful and cute cards, and I've gotten so many great ideas from them all.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!

Lana

Ps, remember if you want an update please pm me with the last name you have on the list.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:15 AM   #305
Hardware Hotshot

I wanted to check in and say thanks to Paige, Jenny, Sarah, Beverly, Rita, Linda and Julie for gorgeous cards this week. I love getting my mail now and seeing what surprises are in store for me! As of this weekend, I have sent out at least one card to everyone on my list so if you haven't gotten one from me yet, be on the lookout!

Laura

Running With Lollipops my everything else blog
Old 07-28-2007, 07:10 AM   #306
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks Lana for the updated pen pal list.

Not a problem on the heads up on the postage.

Lana, I also want to thank you for this great idea. I never had a pen pal growing either up and now we all have a bunch! This is so much fun!

You all have a great day!
Old 07-28-2007, 09:43 AM   #307
Mad Swapper

Hey did anyone else recvd my cards...I posted so many...!!!
Old 07-28-2007, 09:49 AM   #308
Rubber Obsessor

Your welcome Crystal, I'm so glad I started this too. I go to the mail box everyday now and don't even mind when I get a bill now and then, cuz I have so much fun opening all the gorgeous cards I forget the bills for a day.
Hope you all have a great weekend.

Lana
Old 07-28-2007, 09:59 AM   #309
Rubber Obsessor

Yes I received your card yesterday Shivani, Thank you so much, I have that set and love it.You done a great job on it.

Lana
Old 07-28-2007, 11:12 AM   #310
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Lana, I sent you a pm.......
Old 07-28-2007, 03:01 PM   #311
Polyshrink Goddess

Shivana,
I went to you gallery, you have sooooo many cute cards. I got some great ideas from you.

Crystal
Old 07-29-2007, 12:05 PM   #312
Glitter Queen

Default Stamping Pen Pals

I would like to join everyone in having a pen pal. I too, send cards to lots of people and don't get any in return.

Gloria Simoes
Emergency Dispatcher III
Tulare County Fire Dept
Old 07-29-2007, 07:17 PM   #313
Stampin' Fool

Default Woo hoo

Hi,

Sending more cards out tomorrow. Should be through the list by Wednesday:P. I only have 56 on my list so I will need an updated list too.

Dolores
Old 07-29-2007, 07:49 PM   #314
Embossing Fanatic

I need to get the updated list emailed to me! Wow! What a crew of card makers! Thanks gals! It's so much fun to get a card or two in the mail each day!
Michelle
Old 07-29-2007, 08:41 PM   #315
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to lezzels

wow just went to my mail box and yeah another great card and letter thanks crystal.........
this is great "HAPPY"
Old 07-30-2007, 02:30 AM   #316
Mad Swapper

Thanx a ton Crystal..!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystal GregoryView Post
Shivana,
I went to you gallery, you have sooooo many cute cards. I got some great ideas from you.

Crystal
Old 07-30-2007, 02:31 AM   #317
Mad Swapper

Thanx Lana..
I just wanted to confirm..as I posted many cards..& only few of them told me I recvd...
I guess bcoz of overseas..itz taking so much of time..!!

Luv
Shivani
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kota48View Post
Yes I received your card yesterday Shivani, Thank you so much, I have that set and love it.You done a great job on it.

Lana
Old 07-30-2007, 10:02 AM   #318
Rubber Obsessor

Hello Everyone,

Well, I just got done sending updates out to all that asked (I hope) if you don't get yours please pm me again.
Got more great cards this weekend, Thanks Linda, Nicky,Jenny, Sarah, Kris, Karen, Rebecca, Helen, Julie, Sharon, Carrie, if I missed anyone please forgive me and Thank you. I just love all the cards. Great job everyone.
I got 10 sent out today and will be mailing more tomorrow. Ohhhh what fun this is.

Happy Stamping.
Lana
Old 07-30-2007, 04:54 PM   #319
Insane Embellisher

Hi All.. got a lovely card from Laura O'Shea today.... thanks so much... the cards have been coming slow but steadily... its really nice to get all that happy mail ... Thanks again Laura... my card to you is going out tomorrow...
God bless
Nyoka
Old 07-30-2007, 05:02 PM   #320
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbrpuppetsView Post
Hi,

Sending more cards out tomorrow. Should be through the list by Wednesday:P. I only have 56 on my list so I will need an updated list too.

Dolores
Hi Dolores! Thank you so much for my card! It's super cute! I will get one out to you tomorrow!