Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-09-2007, 12:07 AM   #2401
Hardware Hotshot

Hope to get some cards made soon on my NEW CUTTLEBUG!!!! It arrived yesterday and is still in the box! I am a poor excuse for an addicted card-maker! I just have not had time...hopefully this afternoon![/QUOTE]

You haven't opened it yet, that's what I call willpower lol. Get in there girl!

[B][COLOR="Purple"]Part-time RN and Stampin' Up hobbyist.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-09-2007, 02:51 AM   #2402
Stampin' Fool

Default One more reminder

[QUOTE=dbrpuppets;7646717]Hello,

Pen Pals is going to be moved on November 10th to Fun and Games. It will be titled "Kota's Pen Pals". We need to move because of the size of our group and since we are no longer taking new members. To find Fun and games: Look under other stuff in current conversations. You will see "That's Entertainment" click on that and you will see "Fun and Games", click on Fun and Games and then look for Kota's Pen Pals.

Dolores

Lana will set up the new thread sometime tomorrow morning.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:05 AM   #2403
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to lezzels

Quote:

Originally Posted by My3LittleMonkeysView Post
Louise~Totally understand! I hope it was not the Bellas that broke the bank! I am so bad...enablerbella! It is really all Laura O's fault...she started it!!! Seriously though, know what you are saying about the postage. I just purchased a ton of stamps yesterday for my overseas cards and **yowza**!!!

Rene'~Goodness...very sad. Prayers your way.

Lesley~You are going to be mad that you made that offer...because we are SO HEADING your way sometime in the next 2 years!!! DH will be so mad when I pack stamps in my luggage!!! But I mean that, we had always planned to visit Australia while we were here. Are you going to be "out of town" when we are there??!!

HAPPY MAIL!! Thanks to Lesley, Amy H, and Becca!!!

Had to take the dog to the vet today...she now has a cone collar on! Poor pup! She developed a dermatitis and started bleeding last night. Anyway, we were seen today and she is medicated and hopefully on the mend. Always something...

Hope to get some cards made soon on my NEW CUTTLEBUG!!!! It arrived yesterday and is still in the box! I am a poor excuse for an addicted card-maker! I just have not had time...hopefully this afternoon!
no I will be home....................
Old 11-09-2007, 06:25 AM   #2404
Matboard Maniac

Happy Mail today from Connie S and Laura. What a wonderful way to brighten a dreary fall day. It is cloudy with a few snow flurries and I have to go to the grocery store...I would rather stay home and stamp!
Old 11-09-2007, 06:50 AM   #2405
Gabfest Goddess

..Did I mention to you that I signed my husband and I up for a Financial Peace course by Dave Ramsey that is being taught at our church, so we will see how that goes...

Happy Stamping!

Bonnie H

HI Bonnie,

My husband and I took this last fall and then signed up to facilitate a discussion group this past winter (so we went for two courses) and we are still on the budget! wow...
Personally, I love Ramsey's approach on this subject. Usually by now, I would've been bored stiff (rigamortis to budgeting???LOL) We have both stayed on course with it.

Best wishes!
Mary
Old 11-09-2007, 06:53 AM   #2406
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by okstamperView Post
Good evening everyone! Still typing from this stupid laptop. Goofy hub didnt pay the cable bill, that its why I am on here..Men! Nov. 15th it should be back on. What will I do without a computer if I couldnt talk to my great friends on here.

I received some Happy Mail yesterday from Deb E. I loved the way you stamped the flowers with that stamp set. What kind of flower punch did you use for the edge? Thank you so much for making my day, as my days have been very stressed lately.

I also received Happy Mail from Carrie L. I love the colors of the Fall. What stamp set did you use? You also made my day a better day. Thank you so much ladies. I couldnt make it without you lovely ladies and wonderful letters that come with the great cards. Thanks for making my life less-stressful. I will be sending more cards out this weekend and heading upstairs to do more cards tonight. Thanks again ladies for your comfort and prayers that I will need in the upcoming months..Did I mention to you that I signed my husband and I up for a Financial Peace course by Dave Ramsey that is being taught at our church, so we will see how that goes...

Happy Stamping!

Bonnie H

Tara--I have my fix taken care of now. I have an actual picture with him and my kids together. I am happy now.
alright...my last post was supposed to have this quote...
Old 11-09-2007, 08:13 AM   #2407
Glitter Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to marcineluke

Received penpal mail yesterday from Laura O'shea a wonderful autumn leaf card. Paige Grabau also a fall
card. I heard from Carrie L all great cards.
Thank you so very much
Connie S what kind of cat do you have?
He almost looks like sammy.who is a ragdoll.
Sounds like work has been crazy with all thats going
on there. Talk to you later I have a dentist appointment.
today.
marcine
Old 11-09-2007, 09:28 AM   #2408
#1 Gas Bagger

Carol, Sounds good to me lets go swimming on over to Lesleys. We better start now. heheheheee. I know what you mean about airfare. The Gas went up here to 3.29. last week it was 2.79. Glad I filled up. I usally fly out to arizona every year to vist with my parents. Not this year. The pic of you is cute. I had one on there for a little bit Oh I'd say I was about a year old, w/ a cig. in my mouth and holding on to a pack of cig's. My Dad and uncle use to love to do crazy stuff then take pic's. of me. I have one where they had a beer bottle in my hand. I guess they had to have something to amuse them selfs.

Marcine,
The Pic of the kitty is my screen saver. Jay just loves it. My Koby is a russian blue. He's all grey. I'll have to get a picture put up for you to see. But the kitty I have posted looks just like your kitty sammy. My son has a ragdoll there beautiful cats.

Okay I better get some cleaning done around here so I can stamp this weekend.

Love ya's

"Angel" Connie S. hehheeheheheeeee
Old 11-09-2007, 12:45 PM   #2409
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KittykatView Post
Okay I've been gone one day and I see there's some monkey business going on. Poota Carol in pootaville WHAT are you up toooo HMMMMMMM

I got Some Happy mail today, I received a card from Tara R. I love the fall card, The colors are very pretty & I'm glad you liked the poem. I thought it was cute. I cased it from a lady at our SU meet.

And I got a very pretty Thanksgiving card from Dolores, Please tell me how did you do the little leaves on the bottom there all different colors and they sparkle.

And I got another very nice thanksgiving card from Becky G. A basket full of colorfull leaves I love it.

And a card from Lesley I LOVE the flower it almost looks like a pencil coloring. I LOVE it. Thanks so much girls. You made my day. Well I just got a call from my friend at work I guess something happenend at work and she wants me to call her back. Gosh hope no fights broke out. I work at a place you wouldn't even beleive. One girl wanted to go after another girl with a box cutter. I'll gt back on later. Oh the picture I posted is me with a cig. hanging out mouth. My Dad and Uncle thought there were pretty funny when I was a kid. I have another with a beer in my hand. REALL funny Dad & Uncle Eugene.

Thanks Girls

Love ya
Connie S.
connie ....I forget what I send lol.......think that is just using the SU pastels and blender pen....... getting much better at that technique so I am enjoying it...
Old 11-09-2007, 01:04 PM   #2410
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Ladies, I got happy mail love it! thanks to
Carol M. the x=mas card is beautiful might not send to anyone just keep it for me!
Rachel H. thanks for my b-day card love it! cool colors too. thanks i made one card last nite now I have two more to make ...i'm so lovin this thanks ladies. Have a great weekend everybody.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:20 PM   #2411
#1 Gas Bagger

Lesley,
Thats okay I forget myself also. I think I'm gona mess around trying the blender pen. It is a beautiful card. I bought the water color pencil set. I want to get into that also. So many different ways to make cards.

Thanks Lesley.
Connie S.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:11 PM   #2412
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Lesley,
Thats okay I forget myself also. I think I'm gona mess around trying the blender pen. It is a beautiful card. I bought the water color pencil set. I want to get into that also. So many different ways to make cards.

Thanks Lesley.
Connie S.
since I have gotten better with the blender pen and chalk not used water pencils but I also LOVE the SU crayons with my aqua pen ....... I need to take better inventory of what I send lol......
Old 11-09-2007, 02:55 PM   #2413
#1 Gas Bagger

Quote:

Originally Posted by lezzelsView Post
since I have gotten better with the blender pen and chalk not used water pencils but I also LOVE the SU crayons with my aqua pen ....... I need to take better inventory of what I send lol......
Thats something I'd also like to try is the SU Crayons. I stopped at this craft store here in owosso and I couldn't beleive the sample the owner had on her counter. She had this photo album made out of lunch bags it was just beautiful. She's going to e-mail me when ever shes going to have a class on making the photo album. 20.00 every thing included the design paper, bags, card stock. I didn't think that was bad at all. She has all kinds of classes. I purchased the giga scallop punch from her. I love the bigger scallop punch. There's alot of things I wish SU would add to there catalogs. Maybe someday.

I wonder where that poota carol is tonight. Hi poota carol. Well I better go get supper going. We eat late around here.

Night Lesley
Connie S.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:07 PM   #2414
Hardware Hotshot

Hi penpals!

I just got back from NYC after a wonderful time there...what a treat to get some time away as a couple! Such a fun, high-energy place...and I found an awesome stamp store!

I better get stamping 'cause I came home to wonderful mail from

Becca
Mary F.
Carrie
Tammy
Connie
Lesley
Deb E.
Mary T.
Paige and
Laura

Wow! Thanks so much and watch your mailboxes!
Old 11-09-2007, 04:47 PM   #2415
Stazon Splitcoast

Did I hear someone call my name? Yes, Connie Dear I was out for dinner. Yummy desserts & great food. It was a buffet at a caterer's. Cherries Jubilee, Bananas Foster..................mmmmmm and TONS of homemade desserts. Oh, I guess there was salads & other stuff. LOL Some things you just remember.

Hey Catherine, You got the CB & have NOT opened it? I hope you are hard at work playing with it now.

Deborah S......looks like you hit the jackpot. Maybe that Happy Mail truck broke down by YOUR mailbox.

Well I thought I had 4 pieces of Happy Mail. Well, NOT so! One was Happy Mail for Daisy. It was a cute Happy Thanksgiving card from Zippy. Yep, Had her on the front with the turkeys. Real Turkeys.........not Lesley and Connie S. ROFL What did Zippy use to color those, Dolores? Is that Radiant Pearls? I love radiant pearls. Actually those look a little brighter.

Laura O........what did you use for the background on that card. That's neat.
Oh WOW, Bonnie H. is that watercolor paper that the fall image is on? Great job.
Marilyn D.......Love the sunflower and the leaves. Even on the envelope. How cute is that. Thanks Ladies, you are too good to me........I am so blessed.

Hugs
Carol
in Poota IN
Old 11-09-2007, 04:51 PM   #2416
Hardware Hotshot

Isn't happy mail the best, Carol? I am busy sending some now...working on the backlog!
Old 11-09-2007, 04:56 PM   #2417
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by csmilhamView Post
Did I hear someone call my name? Yes, Connie Dear I was out for dinner. Yummy desserts & great food. It was a buffet at a caterer's. Cherries Jubilee, Bananas Foster..................mmmmmm and TONS of homemade desserts. Oh, I guess there was salads & other stuff. LOL Some things you just remember.

Hey Catherine, You got the CB & have NOT opened it? I hope you are hard at work playing with it now.

Deborah S......looks like you hit the jackpot. Maybe that Happy Mail truck broke down by YOUR mailbox.

Well I thought I had 4 pieces of Happy Mail. Well, NOT so! One was Happy Mail for Daisy. It was a cute Happy Thanksgiving card from Zippy. Yep, Had her on the front with the turkeys. Real Turkeys.........not Lesley and Connie S. ROFL What did Zippy use to color those, Dolores? Is that Radiant Pearls? I love radiant pearls. Actually those look a little brighter.

Laura O........what did you use for the background on that card. That's neat.
Oh WOW, Bonnie H. is that watercolor paper that the fall image is on? Great job.
Marilyn D.......Love the sunflower and the leaves. Even on the envelope. How cute is that. Thanks Ladies, you are too good to me........I am so blessed.

Hugs
Carol
in Poota IN
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm so now Im a turkey in pootaville.........
Old 11-09-2007, 05:13 PM   #2418
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by lezzelsView Post
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm so now Im a turkey in pootaville.........

If you say so, Lesley (I wasn't gonna say it!).
Old 11-09-2007, 05:14 PM   #2419
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

Hello Poota..hee hee! I mean Carol.

Yes, that is watercolor paper. I enjoyed doing that card. I'm glad you liked it..
My blender pen is giving me heck lately. Has anyone ever filled theirs. I just refilled mine and it seems like its too wet. Any suggestions?

I received a very beautiful quilt card from Nyoka S. Thank you so much. I love it. Your card was the only thing in my mailbox

My kids had a day off from school so I didnt get much stamping done, but did manage to sneak one in. It is soooo cute. I am working on my fall cards still, so be on the look out for them okie dokie. They are all different. I know you post the comments on here, but still would like to know what everyone thinks of them My dh says I spend too much time on them..but that is the way I do things. My new cards aren't on my gallery yet, due to my internet. They will be posted next week. Sorry!

Did I mention that my kids are on the honor roll at their school? My 1st grader is doing 2nd grade work and excells in math, he actually helps his teacher help his fellow classmates do their math I am so proud of both of them.

Gotta go check out your galleries and post some comments before I get off the poota.

Thanks again for the great card Nyoka.

Bonnie H
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Old 11-09-2007, 05:27 PM   #2420
Stazon Splitcoast

Good for them, Bonnie. YES, you should definitely be proud. My SIL teaches HS calculus. That was my best subject in school. That and art. LOL Go figure!
Knew I'd need that math to buy my stamps.
WHO said that............who's a turkey............oh that's right Lesley said. You tell her Deborah.
If you go to my Pen Pal album you can see the card Daisy got from Zippy. That Zippy is ONE talented pooch. Daisy just yawned. Don't think she appreciated it as much as I did. She was just glad we got back from dinner.

This was a fun evening. Dinner with 5 other couples. Always a good time. When you get up in the morning see if you can smell the lady fingers baking. They will be my first. Hope they turn out.

I got that Season of Joy, out of the Holiday catty, and it is AWESOME. I've been casing my little heart out. ROFL Need to relax and design some of my own.

Carol
in Poota IN
Old 11-09-2007, 05:30 PM   #2421
#1 Gas Bagger

Lesley me too. Gobble Gobble heheheheheee. I'm glad you had a good time Carol, It's nice to get out with friends. I wish the hubby would go out just once in a while, but he's a home body can't get him out for nothing. Oh well I love him anyway. I think I might head into my craft room and decide what cards I want to make up next to send out. Get started anyway.

Marcine,
I'll try and get a picture of Koby on here. He has been a varment all day today. lol

Everybody have a good night.
Connie S.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:42 PM   #2422
#1 Gas Bagger

Carol,
I LOVE the card in your gallery stamping on wood sticks. Where on earth did she get the wood sticks. Thats so pretty. I've never seen anything like that before. I'm always amazed with all the different talents. I love the peaceful wishes card also. I just received that stamp set the other day in the mail. I love that set.

Connie S.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:44 PM   #2423
#1 Gas Bagger

Is that daisy going down the slide on your post.

Connie S.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:27 PM   #2424
Stazon Splitcoast

gobble gobble..........................hehehehe

Last edited by lezzels; 11-09-2007 at 06:28 PM.. Reason: misspell
Old 11-09-2007, 08:05 PM   #2425
Stampin' Fool

gobble gobble Carol,

Zippy used glitter pens on the leaves. Isn't he just the smartest dog His eyes are almost healed. He sees the vet on Tuesday. If he feels up to it he may even makes some card LOL.

Got two very pretty b-day cards in the mail today. Thanks Nyoka and Rachel

Went to see the high school play Life with Father. The local HS does has an awesome drama department.

Spent the rest of the day working on putting some cabinets together to stores stamps and supplies. Organized my stamps, now I have to work on the rest of the stuff. My craft room is down in our unfinished basement. I started to paint before DH had his heart attack. Now that everyone is on the mend going to finish painting this week. I have been saying that for weeks now and this time I really mean it .

Dolores
Old 11-10-2007, 02:54 AM   #2426
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking City of David

Quote:

Carol,
I LOVE the card in your gallery stamping on wood sticks. Where on earth did she get the wood sticks. Thats so pretty. I've never seen anything like that before. I'm always amazed with all the different talents. I love the peaceful wishes card also. I just received that stamp set the other day in the mail. I love that set.

Connie S.

Yes, Connie, that City of David card is on the sticks from Wal Mart. The SHORT ones. We did that at the stamp gathering last Saturday. We did some fun cards. There were only 3 that I wasn't crazy about but even they had some stamps and/or colors I liked.

IT'S MOVING DAY! YEAH, feel sorry for some who aren't on here but we will leave bread crumbs for those people to find us. Son't want anyone Left Behind. Then we'd have to write a book. ROFL

Off (literally) to make the lady fingers. sniff sniff OH, guess you can't smell them yet, since I'm still sitting here.

Later
Carol
in Poota IN
Old 11-10-2007, 03:06 AM   #2427
Glitter Guru

OK, friends...

We have moved!!!! Please post in our new & improved thread in Fun & Games...which you can link to directly from here!!

See y'all over there!!