Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-07-2007, 03:27 PM   #2361
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok, Lesley, this is what I look like close up. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Carol
in POOTA IN
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-07-2007, 03:41 PM   #2362
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks Stacy for your cute card today. I sent out at least 20 cards in the last couple of days and have about 20 more to go so if you've sent me something in the last month, I'm getting there!

Laura

Running With Lollipops my everything else blog
Old 11-07-2007, 03:50 PM   #2363
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to lezzels

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmilham View Post
Ok, Lesley, this is what I look like close up. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Carol
in POOTA IN
AWWWWWWWWWWW cutsie
Old 11-07-2007, 04:56 PM   #2364
Die Cut Diva

Carol-- YOU ARE A RIOT!!
I bet Connie S will wet her chair for sure when she sees what you are up too now!!

1 of Kota's kids
Old 11-07-2007, 06:31 PM   #2365
Stampin' Fool

Carol,

I can't believe how much you look like me ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

(O.K. I kinda sorta looked like that back in 1973 only darker hair ).
Old 11-07-2007, 06:52 PM   #2366
Stazon Splitcoast

Carol got lovely birthday card today, I have sat it on my POOTA thankyou soooooo much and thankyou lana for that really cool halloween card love those bats..............................
Old 11-07-2007, 07:00 PM   #2367
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

Good evening everyone! Still typing from this stupid laptop. Goofy hub didnt pay the cable bill, that its why I am on here..Men! Nov. 15th it should be back on. What will I do without a computer if I couldnt talk to my great friends on here.

I received some Happy Mail yesterday from Deb E. I loved the way you stamped the flowers with that stamp set. What kind of flower punch did you use for the edge? Thank you so much for making my day, as my days have been very stressed lately.

I also received Happy Mail from Carrie L. I love the colors of the Fall. What stamp set did you use? You also made my day a better day. Thank you so much ladies. I couldnt make it without you lovely ladies and wonderful letters that come with the great cards. Thanks for making my life less-stressful. I will be sending more cards out this weekend and heading upstairs to do more cards tonight. Thanks again ladies for your comfort and prayers that I will need in the upcoming months..Did I mention to you that I signed my husband and I up for a Financial Peace course by Dave Ramsey that is being taught at our church, so we will see how that goes...

Happy Stamping!

Bonnie H

Tara--I have my fix taken care of now. I have an actual picture with him and my kids together. I am happy now.
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown

Last edited by okstamper; 11-07-2007 at 07:04 PM..
Old 11-07-2007, 08:00 PM   #2368
Die Cut Diva

Wink Hi everyone!

Siobhan! What an adorable avitar, and congratulations on winning that beautiful armoire! I just lost an entire post and too tired to do it again--briefly, thanks, Connie S for my favorite snowman card! I love that set and color combos. I'm so sorry about your job. I hope it gets better or you can find something else. Marcine - Also, thank YOU for such a creative card! I love all the flowers. DD has sent me about 6 e-mails I need to read... Has anyone used this service where you just download the software, and then you can "talk" to anyone through the mikes/speakers in your computer? DD swears her roommate uses it; it's free all over the world and they pay by the ads on the screen. You can buy extras from them like special speakers or a camera so you can do video picture calls to each other also. I can't remember the name of it, though. Becca--so sorry about your Dad, but glad you will get to see him. Carol, hope you're doing ok. Lezzels - why don't you come visit the US? But only if I can come there...heh...heh.... As soon as I finish these darn swaps I was stupid enough to sign up for all at once , I'll get some more cards out to new people. Happy birthday to all of you I missed! My sister-in-law's was 10/14 and haven't even had time to send her one! And have to go out of town Fri-Mon afternoon. I don't even know what we're going for Thanksgiving yet! I'm dying to stamp on some tiles but haven't had time to try. Friend took me to Michael's yesterday and got some of the clear plastic ornaments you can fill - they have a flat spot where you could stamp! Have to use Staz-On, though. Did anyone see in the gallery the one with just pieces of rolled up strips of Christmas DP in all the different sheets in matching colors and tied at the top with a big red organdy bow? It's SO cute! Also, M's had some flat round glass ones trimmed in silver that I'm going to try to emboss with snowflakes or an initial---we'll see. Also had tons of Xmas $ stampsI have all this stuff stashed to work on and never get around to it. Oh well, hope everybody's aching back is better. Steff, I just had a D&C too and I just slept a lot afterwards. Hope you get better. Carol, I LOVE Joy of Christmas! And, yes, for God's sake--get DSL--you won't regret it! Can't believe you're still using dial-up!!! I've been wanting to switch to Vonage for $9.95 per month, but don't know if it has good service. Anyone got it??? LOL to everyone and hope it's a good week and weekend for everyone! It got down to the 20's here last night!! Will try to make more cards soon after I get all my swaps finished! LOL, Cheri
Old 11-07-2007, 08:00 PM   #2369
Die Cut Diva

Red face Did it again

Sorry--I'm really NEVER brief......
Old 11-07-2007, 11:41 PM   #2370
Hardware Hotshot

Smile Cards out at last.

Hi folks, had a great day out at the Adelaide Craft Fair. Met one of the Stampin' Up demo's and participated in a workshop. Had my first go at colouring in using the water pen thingy, forget what it is called. I had a blast and felt like a kid again lol. Katy and I made cards with the fish from the Fishy Friends set. Looked for tag punches today but couldn't get any, was very disappointed as I wanted to have a go at Shadowmill's wonderful starbursts.

Carol and Dolores, at last your cards are in the post. Sorry it has taken me so long to get them out to you. Hope you both like 'em. Thanks to Dolores, the penpal list arrived yesterday. Must get cracking with cards.

Have a good day everybody.

[B][COLOR="Purple"]Part-time RN and Stampin' Up hobbyist.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:16 AM   #2371
Gallery Gazer

Default Bonnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by okstamper View Post
I also received Happy Mail from Carrie L. I love the colors of the Fall. What stamp set did you use? You also made my day a better day. Thank you so much ladies.
Happy Stamping!

Bonnie H
Bonnie, I believe the card I sent is the Autumn Baroque from my gallery, at least thats what I put down I sent you in my notebook but I've mixed things up before LOL. If thats the one then I used multiple sets, baroque motifs, carved and candle lit, season by season and if you have the one with blessings stamped across the pumpkin that is a dollar stamp from Joanns.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:24 AM   #2372
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by okstamper View Post
I also received Happy Mail from Carrie L. I love the colors of the Fall. What stamp set did you use? You also made my day a better day.
Happy Stamping!

Bonnie H
Bonnie, I believe the card I sent is the Autumn Baroque from my gallery, at least thats what I put down I sent you in my notebook but I've mixed things up before LOL. If thats the one then I used multiple sets, baroque motifs, carved and candle lit, season by season and if you have the one with blessings stamped across the pumpkin that is a dollar stamp from Joanns
Old 11-08-2007, 02:24 AM   #2373
Stampin' Fool

Good morning everyone,

Just wanted to shout out Happy Birthday to Deb E from IL.

Dolores
Old 11-08-2007, 02:34 AM   #2374
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Catherine, I'm SURE we'll love them. Glad you got the list.
Cheri..........Just a procrastinator when it comes to stuff like that. Now that I've signed up I'm sooooooooooooo ready for Embarq to do their thing. If they find out DH is an Embarq retiree they'll probably put me on hold. LOL Ok, NOT so funny. Can't wait to play with Season of Joy. It's only been out a month & there are OVER 700 samples. YEAH! And why I didn't order the Dashing DP I'll never know. Now I'm ordering it, brocade dp, cutie pie dp & groovy guava. Do any of you have the brocade or cutie pie? How do you like it. HEY it's SU paper, what's NOT to like. LOL

Dolores...............believe me it doesn't look ANYTHING like I looked. But does look just like her mom, my DD. She's an angel. Carries her Bible to school everyday & always treats people with a smile, friendship & respect. Gotta love her. She & I are VERY close.

WOW, Lesley...........I thought it would come closer to your birthday. That was a quick trip.

Off to play with my new stamps AND my friends since she hasn't got hers yet. LOL DOn't leave them here or they will get USED. Going to CASE the very first card I got from Lana (months ago).

Carol
in IN
Old 11-08-2007, 04:15 AM   #2375
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks to all for the wonderful birthday cards & wishes I've gotten over the past few days! It makes the day even better. I'm off today to shop with a good friend, and of course, we will be hitting all of the craft stores in the area.

Bonnie, the punch I used was a Fiskars border punch. I can't believe how well it works with the Baroque Motifs set. I don't remember where I bought it since I have so many punches, and love to use them on my cards.

Talk to all again soon!

Deb
Old 11-08-2007, 04:25 AM   #2376
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheriFurr View Post
I've been wanting to switch to Vonage for $9.95 per month, but don't know if it has good service. Anyone got it???
Why, yes, we sure do! We actually use Packet8, which is the same thing. And it works in Japan! We pay around $25 a month for unlimited phone calls to the US and Canada. I don't know what the int'l rates are for other countries, as we have a land-line here in Japan as well.

The only disadvantage with it is that if your internet is out, so is your phone! But since most peeps in the US have a cell phone as well, it is probably not that big of an issue. We plan to continue with Packet 8 when we return home.

Let me know if you have other questions!
S~
Old 11-08-2007, 04:41 AM   #2377
Stazon Splitcoast

cherifur ... you can come visit anytime so can my other penpals ........ but as for me, I am not a flyer dont do that well at all..................
Old 11-08-2007, 05:16 AM   #2378
Stazon Splitcoast

Gee Lesley............that's a loooooooooooooooong swim. ROFL

Tara......you're right, Connie S. will have a fit. But I probably won't leave Hayley on there that long. Especially since she looks so much like Dolores.

Later
Carol
in IN
Old 11-08-2007, 10:13 AM   #2379
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok, where have you all been for 4 hours? Happy mail today. Thanks Karen B. for the beautiful Thanksgiving card. Lisa M......love that color & that stamp. WoW! Thanks Rachel H. for the dream, wish, love on blue/brown with stars. Thank you Sister Zina for the Christmas blessings card. Good luck with all of those 4 year olds. Becky G. that fall card is awesome. Love the colors & the coloring you did on the basket of leaves. WHat did you use to color them? That book mark is adorable. I will put that to good use.

WOW they did a great job. You girls have been busy busy busy stamping your little hearts out.

thanks, DH is waiting on me to go to town. I need craft stuff. LOL didn't tell him that.

carol
in IN
Old 11-08-2007, 10:37 AM   #2380
Insane Embellisher

Hi Everyone
I have an apology to make to you all.... I am really sorry but I can't send out birthday cards every month. Unfortunatley the postage ($2.00) kills it for me. I am still able to send cards out to people monthly that I have recieved from and a couple I have randomly chosen and ones who decide to send to me but I just can't aford the birthday thing eg if I do November it will cost me $24.00 just for postage on top of the $20 I already have for the other cards. I hope you all understand and this doesn't stop people sending me cards if you want. I promise I will relpy.
So
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL THE NOVEMBER GIRLS
Lou
Old 11-08-2007, 12:16 PM   #2381
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks loulou and dont worry too much about it ...................Thats the idea here what you u can do ........... eh girls...
carol I am here just got up .............gotta take a pic of my poota to show where your card has been sat .....lol
Old 11-08-2007, 12:18 PM   #2382
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Gee Lesley............that's a loooooooooooooooong swim. ROFL

Later
Carol
in IN
and it's all uphill................ ROFL
Old 11-08-2007, 12:24 PM   #2383
Stampin' Fool

Happy Happy mail today.

Thanks to paige g, jenny m and pat c. for the great fall cards. They were all so beautiful. Thank you for your notes too.

Dolores
Old 11-08-2007, 12:47 PM   #2384
Compulsive Stamper

Hello Ladies-- Just wanted to check in and let you all know I am here still , just been busy and I need to say a Big Thank You to Andrea and Robyn for the beautiful cards I rec'd-umm about a week ago..I thought I had sent my Thanks here for them but I see that I hadn't yet so I am terribly sorry for that. I don't know what is wrong with me right now, I feel like I am going through a card making slump and this is not a good thing. I am trying to find some Christmas stamps to buy for my yearly cards I send out with our family photos so I have just been browsing a bit online. What are some of your fav. sites to shop at besides Addicted to rubberstamps.com?
I love that place but sometimes it gets overwhelming. I am way behind on my catching up here (reading posts and so forth) so please bare with me. I just wanted to say that I love you all and am truly blessed to be meeting all of you through beautiful cards and letters. I think about each of you that I owe cards to and believe me I will send them, Just running a bit behind.
A friend of mine and I are going to Missoula tonight, she has to do some errands but can't go until she is off work at 4PM so it will be a late night tonight. She has had a rough few days--a friend of her daughter and her boyfriend committed suicide last weekend and they had the memorial for him yesterday..it hit them all really hard and she is needing some friend time and dinner, just trying to relax and unwind. They are all very drained and emotional right now so we will be spending time together this evening.
Please keep them and the family that lost their son in your prayers. He was only 21 and had his whole life before him.
Hugs,
Rene'
Old 11-08-2007, 01:01 PM   #2385
Rubber Obsessor

hello everyone! just checkin in I sent happy mail today so five of you will be receiving cards soon.
loulou31- thanks for the b-day wish and no worries I'm behind too.

stampnMT- where is Missoula? and good for you to be connecting and supporting your friends that is awesome! I will keep the young mans family in my prayers for healing and acceptance. Our God is an awesome God and he will provide comfort.
Happy stamping to all!
Old 11-08-2007, 01:18 PM   #2386
#1 Gas Bagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicoreco View Post
Carol-- YOU ARE A RIOT!!
I bet Connie S will wet her chair for sure when she sees what you are up too now!!

Okay I've been gone one day and I see there's some monkey business going on. Poota Carol in pootaville WHAT are you up toooo HMMMMMMM

I got Some Happy mail today, I received a card from Tara R. I love the fall card, The colors are very pretty & I'm glad you liked the poem. I thought it was cute. I cased it from a lady at our SU meet.

And I got a very pretty Thanksgiving card from Dolores, Please tell me how did you do the little leaves on the bottom there all different colors and they sparkle.

And I got another very nice thanksgiving card from Becky G. A basket full of colorfull leaves I love it.

And a card from Lesley I LOVE the flower it almost looks like a pencil coloring. I LOVE it. Thanks so much girls. You made my day. Well I just got a call from my friend at work I guess something happenend at work and she wants me to call her back. Gosh hope no fights broke out. I work at a place you wouldn't even beleive. One girl wanted to go after another girl with a box cutter. I'll gt back on later. Oh the picture I posted is me with a cig. hanging out mouth. My Dad and Uncle thought there were pretty funny when I was a kid. I have another with a beer in my hand. REALL funny Dad & Uncle Eugene.

Thanks Girls

Love ya
Connie S.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:19 PM   #2387
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustampin2 View Post
hello everyone! just checkin in I sent happy mail today so five of you will be receiving cards soon.
loulou31- thanks for the b-day wish and no worries I'm behind too.

stampnMT- where is Missoula? and good for you to be connecting and supporting your friends that is awesome! I will keep the young mans family in my prayers for healing and acceptance. Our God is an awesome God and he will provide comfort.
Happy stamping to all!
Missoula is about 65 miles from us- a beautiful drive along the blackfoot river. It is home of the Grizzlies MSU
Thank you for your prayers and YES our God is an Awesome God for sure.
Hugs,
Rene'
Old 11-08-2007, 01:36 PM   #2388
#1 Gas Bagger

Whew~!!! no biggie at work. Just lay off's Not me though. Darn it~!!! lol.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEB~

Connie S.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:28 PM   #2389
Die Cut Diva

Happy mail today from Laura, Dolores, Pat, Paige. Thanks ladies!!

1 of Kota's kids
Old 11-08-2007, 03:47 PM   #2390
Gallery Gazer

Thanks Dolores and Paige for my happy mail today.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:36 PM   #2391
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Rene' welcome back. I know what you mean. We had a 16 year old kill himself. The neighbor had to take her two grandsons to the funeral home last night. Man, it's soooooooooo hard to know what's going on in their heads at that age. Many are troubled but to get them to talk to you is sometimes hard. Prayers for all of them.

Connie S...................Lesley & I have NO IDEA what you could be talking about. When you're angels, well you just don't have to worry about us. Hey Connie, wanna swim over to see Lesley? Can't afford the fuel to fly. Someone won the Indiana lottery, 48 Million. Hadn't been won in over a year. BUT it wasn't me . sniffle sniffle. Just think I could have flown all of us over there with that much money. LOL Dream on, kids!

Well, back to the happy mail going out of my house.......Pat, Deb, Lauri F, and then some. LOL

Hugs
Carol
in Poota IN
Old 11-08-2007, 04:36 PM   #2392
Stazon Splitcoast

OH OH OH Connie S............did you see me in the cheerleading outfit? Look pretty young for 64, huh?

LOL
Carol
in IN
Old 11-08-2007, 04:48 PM   #2393
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hey Rene' welcome back. I know what you mean. We had a 16 year old kill himself. The neighbor had to take her two grandsons to the funeral home last night. Man, it's soooooooooo hard to know what's going on in their heads at that age. Many are troubled but to get them to talk to you is sometimes hard. Prayers for all of them.

Connie S...................Lesley & I have NO IDEA what you could be talking about. When you're angels, well you just don't have to worry about us. Hey Connie, wanna swim over to see Lesley? Can't afford the fuel to fly. Someone won the Indiana lottery, 48 Million. Hadn't been won in over a year. BUT it wasn't me . sniffle sniffle. Just think I could have flown all of us over there with that much money. LOL Dream on, kids!

Well, back to the happy mail going out of my house.......Pat, Deb, Lauri F, and then some. LOL

Hugs
Carol
in Poota IN
easier for you its downhill..........................
Old 11-08-2007, 07:33 PM   #2394
Glitter Guru

Louise~Totally understand! I hope it was not the Bellas that broke the bank! I am so bad...enablerbella! It is really all Laura O's fault...she started it!!! Seriously though, know what you are saying about the postage. I just purchased a ton of stamps yesterday for my overseas cards and **yowza**!!!

Rene'~Goodness...very sad. Prayers your way.

Lesley~You are going to be mad that you made that offer...because we are SO HEADING your way sometime in the next 2 years!!! DH will be so mad when I pack stamps in my luggage!!! But I mean that, we had always planned to visit Australia while we were here. Are you going to be "out of town" when we are there??!!

HAPPY MAIL!! Thanks to Lesley, Amy H, and Becca!!!

Had to take the dog to the vet today...she now has a cone collar on! Poor pup! She developed a dermatitis and started bleeding last night. Anyway, we were seen today and she is medicated and hopefully on the mend. Always something...

Hope to get some cards made soon on my NEW CUTTLEBUG!!!! It arrived yesterday and is still in the box! I am a poor excuse for an addicted card-maker! I just have not had time...hopefully this afternoon!
Old 11-08-2007, 07:49 PM   #2395
Hardware Hotshot

Default Soooo excited!

I am soooooo excited! Why? I am now the proud owner of 5 sets of Stampin' Up stamps. I bought 4 sets from Janbos and she sent a fifth set for free, how cool is that? Bless her! We were in Adelaide city this morning shopping and when we got back I had a postcard in the mailbox saying I had a parcel. Took off for the PO straight away. I am going to have such a blast playing with my new toys. I have also bought 2 new embossing folders for my CB and more stamps!!!!! I feel a stamping frenzy coming on lol.

Have a great day girls!

[B][COLOR="Purple"]Part-time RN and Stampin' Up hobbyist.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:09 PM   #2396
Stazon Splitcoast

More Happy Mail today! Thank you Tara R for the leaf card, what stamp set is that? Love the cord!And Laura OLove the big flower and the bg. Stamp wheel? Love it.

Siobhan, use that CB! I just got 5 new embossing folders yesterday and planned on using them today, put I'm on puter instead.

Said a prayer for that family Rene, and asked the Lord to send comfort to those in pain.
One of Kota's Kids
Too Blessed to be Stressed
Old 11-08-2007, 08:53 PM   #2397
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello lovely ladies. Just a few more days then I will be off this silly laptop. I dont see how people like these things. ewww! I did work on some more cards today and will be going out soon. The ones I sent out yesterday, you should be receiving tomorrow or Saturday, depending on the snail mail. Let me know what you all think of them. I made this really cute one today..I'm kinda being chicken to let go of it but it will go to one of you lucky gals. I will chat with you tomorrow night.

Happy stamping ladies!

Bonnie H
Old 11-08-2007, 08:59 PM   #2398
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello again! Oops! I forgot to mention that I received a couple of Happy Mail today.

Thank you Pat C for the lovely Minnesota sunrise photo card. Thanks for the inspiration. I love Minnesota.

Thank you Tara R for the pretty fall card. I just love how you added the jute in the middle of the card. What little stamps for the sentiments are those?

Thanks again for making my day. These cards are great to receive, knowing that we have each other through difficult times and lots of caring people that we have also. Thanks ladies.

Bonnie H
Old 11-08-2007, 09:08 PM   #2399
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozcat View Post
I am soooooo excited! Why? I am now the proud owner of 5 sets of Stampin' Up stamps. I bought 4 sets from Janbos and she sent a fifth set for free, how cool is that? Bless her! We were in Adelaide city this morning shopping and when we got back I had a postcard in the mailbox saying I had a parcel. Took off for the PO straight away. I am going to have such a blast playing with my new toys. I have also bought 2 new embossing folders for my CB and more stamps!!!!! I feel a stamping frenzy coming on lol.

Have a great day girls!
Wow! Great day for you!! Go play!
Old 11-08-2007, 09:44 PM   #2400
Insane Embellisher

Quote>Louise~Totally understand! I hope it was not the Bellas that broke the bank! I am so bad...enablerbella! It is really all Laura O's fault...she started it!!! Seriously though, know what you are saying about the postage. I just purchased a ton of stamps yesterday for my overseas cards and **yowza**!!!

I promise it wasn't the bellas, Enablerabella, I have an allowance for cardmaking and scrapbooking stuff each month. I spent 2 months worth on the bellas....lol....
I must learn to budget.... I must learn to budget....I must...