Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-06-2007, 06:40 AM   #2321
Die Cut Diva

Siobhan--I LOVE IT!! I am so jealous--you are so lucky!! And just think of all the stash you can hide in there LOL!!

Nyoka glad your up and moving!

Steff glad you are feeling better--I had a D&C a couple of years ago--it really isn't too bad.

Bonnie what are you going to do after football season is over and you can't get your Toby fix!!

Deb- enjoy NYC--Make sure you see FAO schwartz--The most fun toy store ever!! and of Course Macys and Bloomingdales too!!

Happy Stamping

1 of Kota's kids
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-06-2007, 06:55 AM   #2322
Gabfest Goddess

Smile

HI everyone! Love reading all the posts from everyone
I have been recieving happy mail in the last few days...thank you to all!

A trip down the driveway is something I look forward to. LOL Funny how some paper, ribbon and glitter can add so much delight to my day.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:57 AM   #2323
Kookie Creator

Just a little update on my dad. I haven't posted in quite a while. He was starting to feel a little better after his 2nd surgery (the first was the removal of the tumor off his pancreas and then 3 days later he got a blood clot in hsi abdomen and had to go back into surgery). There's still some cancer in there and he'll have to undergo chemo and radiation when they go back home to Iowa. They decided he'd go to a care facility to rest and get stronger since there wasn't anything else for the hospital to do. He was getting better and then had another setback and the other day, his pain got out of control b/c they decided to take him off meds and he ended up with a 106 degree fever and chills and such. It took them into the evening to get his fever down. It really wiped him out. He sleeps most of the time and does a daily walk or 2 but it's pretty hard for him. We leave for WA to see our family tomorrow afternoon and we'll get to see all of my family and most of my husband's. That's where we're originally from. It will be the first time I've been able to see him. So I wanted to let you know that I won't be able to write any letters until we get back, which will be the night of the 14th (next Wednesday). I'll let you know when I get back.

Becca
Old 11-06-2007, 07:02 AM   #2324
Die Cut Diva

Becca--so sorry your dad has had this setback--hopefully things will get better!! Enjoy your visit with your family--Thoughts and prayers to you and your family--and have a safe trip

1 of Kota's kids
Old 11-06-2007, 09:22 AM   #2325
Insane Embellisher

Becca, sweetie! don't worry about the cards! Go spend time with Dad!! that's what is important! We will be here when you get back! Prayers and thoughts are with you and your family!
God bless
Nyoka
Old 11-06-2007, 11:17 AM   #2326
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaP View Post
Just a little update on my dad. I haven't posted in quite a while. He was starting to feel a little better after his 2nd surgery (the first was the removal of the tumor off his pancreas and then 3 days later he got a blood clot in hsi abdomen and had to go back into surgery). There's still some cancer in there and he'll have to undergo chemo and radiation when they go back home to Iowa. They decided he'd go to a care facility to rest and get stronger since there wasn't anything else for the hospital to do. He was getting better and then had another setback and the other day, his pain got out of control b/c they decided to take him off meds and he ended up with a 106 degree fever and chills and such. It took them into the evening to get his fever down. It really wiped him out. He sleeps most of the time and does a daily walk or 2 but it's pretty hard for him. We leave for WA to see our family tomorrow afternoon and we'll get to see all of my family and most of my husband's. That's where we're originally from. It will be the first time I've been able to see him. So I wanted to let you know that I won't be able to write any letters until we get back, which will be the night of the 14th (next Wednesday). I'll let you know when I get back.

Becca
Sorry to hear this Becca, what part of Washington are you from? I am originally from Tacoma and then lived in Seattle before moving to Ohio.

Dolores
Old 11-06-2007, 11:29 AM   #2327
Gabfest Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to Julie1

I finally got some stamping done this past weekend. I think I am FINALLY starting to get out of my rut. I just need to write up some letters and they will be in the mail this week. I still have lots of replies to send out so it will take me a while to get to everyone, so be patient with me, I will get to you all, I promise.

I am sending prayers to everyone that needs them, hugs to you all.

Thanks again ladies for cheering me up and for all birthday cards that I have gotten, I love them all.

Julie
Old 11-06-2007, 11:30 AM   #2328
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittykat View Post
Lesley,

That is too Cool~!!! I think poota carol has been a stinker. ROFL. I tried to tell her to be good, but she just wouldn't listen to me heheheheheeee. I'm still laughing can't stop. She's always getting me into trouble. Hahahahahahaaaaa. I don't know why. She started it.... ROFL I gotta get off here before I lose it. LOL.

Connie S.
OH MY GOSH..........talk about flip flopping! Did you see Lesley's post? It was NOT me. And I thought you were my buddy.......I'm getting YOU in trouble. You didn't think I was "listening" did you? Mmmmm Hmmmmmm I've been lurking and I caught you. You are the little (or should I say BIG) stinker.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY to go Siobhan.........nice cabinet. I love it! It is awesome!

No Happy Mail. But that's ok. It will give me a chance to get caught up. Looking at the gallery for ideas for the new set that will be here tomorrow.
It's the Season of Joy. Can't wait! AND the wintergreen DP. Are you gals ordering any of the DS on the special for Nov.? I was ordering anyway but I love getting free stuff. Yeah! Now I want Dashing DP.

Becca, I'm soooooo sorry your Dad is still having problems. Bless his heart. You take care of him & don't worry about the cards. He's important. We will wait. As long as it takes.

Off to see the cards in the gallery & see what I can case. LOL
Old 11-06-2007, 11:33 AM   #2329
Kookie Creator

Dolores-
I grew up in a small cow town called Enumclaw. I'm sure you've heard of it. I met my husband at Green River Community College where we were both aviation majors. We bought our first house in the late 90's (that seems so long ago!) in Auburn and that's where our daughter was born. He was born in CA and his family moved to WA when he was 13. They moved around several times as a teen and were living in Federal Way when I met him. We're looking forward to going home. One of his sisters lives in our old house with her 2 sons. His parents bought it from us and rents it out to her. It's nice to go home and see it. It's funny, though, because it's only 900 square feet and our house now is 2300 square feet. It feels REALLY tiny in there and we wonder how we lived there! But it was only 2 of us when we bought it and then just our daughter and a dog and a rabbit! It seemed big then.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:02 PM   #2330
Rubber Obsessor

hi to all my pen pals, It's so great to be a part of this group. I got some happy mail today and wanted to send out some thank you's to:

Becca, prayers for healing to your Dad. your b-day card was just what I needed. Thanks so much!

Melina, I so love your card too the stamping is awesome ! thanks ladies I appreciate ya'll. I'll be getting some more out today. I tried my hand at that "criss-cross" card from the tutorial. Once again thanks, liz
Old 11-06-2007, 12:03 PM   #2331
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to lezzels

soibhan ..... lucky girl I love that cabinet its georgous........
Carol ... thoght you would like the wanted poster ..........just having some good clean fun lol............my DH is still laughing over it..............
my prayers to those in need ...................
Old 11-06-2007, 12:30 PM   #2332
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaP View Post
Dolores-
I grew up in a small cow town called Enumclaw. I'm sure you've heard of it. I met my husband at Green River Community College where we were both aviation majors. We bought our first house in the late 90's (that seems so long ago!) in Auburn and that's where our daughter was born. He was born in CA and his family moved to WA when he was 13. They moved around several times as a teen and were living in Federal Way when I met him. We're looking forward to going home. One of his sisters lives in our old house with her 2 sons. His parents bought it from us and rents it out to her. It's nice to go home and see it. It's funny, though, because it's only 900 square feet and our house now is 2300 square feet. It feels REALLY tiny in there and we wonder how we lived there! But it was only 2 of us when we bought it and then just our daughter and a dog and a rabbit! It seemed big then.
My best friend in college was from Enumclaw. I went to Highline Community College for one year then went to the University of Washington (go huskies) until I graduated back in 1980. It is a small world. Enjoy your trip back home, and prayers for you dad.

Dolores
Old 11-06-2007, 12:43 PM   #2333
Stampin' Fool

Default Happy Mail

Hello,

Lots of happy mail in the last two days:

Stacey F. The fall card is so lovely and elegant.

Lisa M. I love your card. I don't remember which the background is called but it is absolutely lovely.

Marcine: The card to send is so pretty. I love the little flowers inside the square.

Becki B: There are no word to describe how beautiful and elegant your card looks.

Melina- Thank you for the stunning birthday card. Love the colors and background stamps together.

Deb- Love the card and the colors. I just bought this set, thanks for the inspiration.

Lauri F-Thanks for the cute birthday card. I love your return address label very cute.

Happy stamping all,

Dolores
Old 11-06-2007, 01:01 PM   #2334
#1 Gas Bagger

Oop's Carol you caught me lol. I don't know what got into me. The devil made me do it. heheheheheeee. I never laughed so hard. I was sitting here laughing so hard my hubby wanted to know what the heck was going on. Then I got him laughing. Your a good sport.

Becca I'm so sorry. I feel so bad for you and your dad. My heart goes out to you. I wish I was there to give you a Big Hug.

Love youi
Connie S.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:37 PM   #2335
Insane Embellisher

Hi Kiddos! Happy mail today! Thanks Connie S! the holiday card is just great!! so simple but so elegant! great stamp!
Thanks again!
God bless
Nyoka
Old 11-06-2007, 01:50 PM   #2336
Glitter Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to marcineluke

RACHAEL HENAKAN,

IT IS So nice to meet you. Welcome to the pen pal group. I know everyone here is excited to have more great talent in this group.
Your Winter Wonders card is so cute.
You did a great job.
Connie s. how are you doing? Is all well with you?
Did you noticed I finally got my cat sammys picture
posted. He doing much better today The vet gave me
liquid pain relief to give him once a day;for four days.
I started working on more cards today; hope they get
completed this week.
My son got laid off yesterday, but has an interview tonight.
He is a master electrician so hope that helps him.
His wife lost her job 4 wks ago and has just started
working at Red Lobster last week.
My twins started full time day care this week some where
else. So that relieves me some what.

Other wise no complaints just anxiety.

Take care

Marcine
Old 11-06-2007, 02:03 PM   #2337
#1 Gas Bagger

Marcine,
Sammy is Just beautiful. I need to post Koby on here. But I don't think he will sit still for a picture. Unless I get him when he's sleeping. lol. I cancelled my appointment for today. I'll make it again in a couple of weeks. I think the shop Dr. is up to no good. So I'm gona wait. But I'm glad you got sammy posted. What a cutie.

Glad you like the card nyoka. We did them up at our Stack of Christmas cards class. I'm going to post more of my card's when I get a chance.

Connie S.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:46 PM   #2338
Stazon Splitcoast

Connie...........I take TONS of pictures of Daisy just to get a good one. LOL Was easier a few weeks ago but she's 14 weeks old now. Just had her first puppy trim. Then she goes back in 2 weeks for a brush and comb. So she gets used to it.
Marcine.......Sammy is BEAUTIFUL. What a pretty cat! Great picture.
Yep, Lesley that was the picture I saw. LOL
Connie...........sure, try and su-- up now. Mmmmm Hmmm Too late. I hope your chair is wet. ROFL

Off to get more ideas to case tomorrow. Don't feel like coming up with my own. Although, I may change that by morning.

Hugs
Carol
in Poota IN
Old 11-06-2007, 04:27 PM   #2339
#1 Gas Bagger

Carol,
I'm tellin ya my chair was just about wet lol. Your just too much FUN~!!!

Love ya
Connie S.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:05 PM   #2340
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Joy, Happy Mail! This is such a treat. My DH picks up the mail on his way to pick me up at work (I live 3 miles away, ya'd think I would drive myself) and he always says "Happy Mail" when I get a card. He enjoys it as much as I do. Thanks to

Lisa M. Love the sentiment, Oval Punches?

DELSE How gorgeous is your card! Love Pink, Love the edge punch. Love everything about it!

And from a new pen pal, first card from Jenny M. Wow! I never saw those colors together. I am going to CASE those colors for sure!

Thanks y'all and I will be stamping this weekend so I can reply.

I stamped on TILE this weekend. (SCS tutorial) And surprisingly enough, it came out pretty cool. (I only did one as a test) I only have 2 colors of Stazon, brown and black so I tested alcohol inks on the tile, and they work! I let them dry about 1/2 an hour and then sealed them with a satin varnish. Then I tested it out by putting my drink on it several times. Still pretty!!!!!! Yay! I hope to upload pictures one day. (in my spare time)

Blessings and prayers to all. Goodnight and Happy Stamping.
One of Kota's Kids
Too Blessed to be Stressed
Old 11-06-2007, 08:49 PM   #2341
Glitter Guru

Becki~The coasters sound so cool! Cannot wait to see them in your gallery!

Dolores~ Thanks for commenting on my scrapbook page! Scrapbooking was my first...and is now neglected!

I just sealed up 14 cards to go postal tomorrow!! Horray! Now I get to get moving on my reply stack...
Old 11-06-2007, 09:29 PM   #2342
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok I uploaded two shots of the tile. Lousy pictures tho. Sorry. I also made cards to match. One 51/2 x 4 1/4 and a 3x3. I am working on a box.

Hope this works.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...15750?cat=5598

Happy Stamping!
One of Kota's Kids
Too Blessed to be Stressed
Old 11-07-2007, 02:16 AM   #2343
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenoe View Post
Ok I uploaded two shots of the tile. Lousy pictures tho. Sorry. I also made cards to match. One 51/2 x 4 1/4 and a 3x3. I am working on a box.

Hope this works.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...15750?cat=5598

Happy Stamping!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, love the work that you do.

Dolores
Old 11-07-2007, 02:40 AM   #2344
Stampin' Fool

Hello,

Pen Pals is going to be moved on November 10th to Fun and Games. It will be titled "Kota's Pen Pals". We need to move because of the size of our group and since we are no longer taking new members. To find Fun and games: Look under other stuff in current conversations. You will see "That's Entertainment" click on that and you will see "Fun and Games", click on Fun and Games and then look for Kota's Pen Pals.

Dolores
Old 11-07-2007, 02:45 AM   #2345
Stampin' Fool

Default Just a reminder

Hello,

Pen Pals is going to be moved on November 10th to Fun and Games. It will be titled "Kota's Pen Pals". We need to move because of the size of our group and since we are no longer taking new members. To find Fun and games: Look under other stuff in current conversations. You will see "That's Entertainment" click on that and you will see "Fun and Games", click on Fun and Games and then look for Kota's Pen Pals.

Dolores

I just want to make sure everyone has a chance to see this

Sorry about the double post earlier it didn't show up the first time.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:58 AM   #2346
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrpuppets View Post
Hello,

Dolores

I just want to make sure everyone has a chance to see this

Sorry about the double post earlier it didn't show up the first time.
Dolores
I know you and Lana were trying to figure out who wanted to stay on the list and who wanted to be removed so I was just wondering if you will be sending out one last update to the list?. Thanks
Old 11-07-2007, 03:53 AM   #2347
Die Cut Diva

Becki--the coaster is AWESOME!! Great job!!

1 of Kota's kids
Old 11-07-2007, 03:59 AM   #2348
Stazon Splitcoast

I love that coaster too ........ be dying to have a go at them myself...... if I can just find the tiles................
Old 11-07-2007, 04:20 AM   #2349
Die Cut Diva

Are there any teachers in this group?

1 of Kota's kids
Old 11-07-2007, 06:22 AM   #2350
Glitter Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to marcineluke

I believe in the letter Rachel sent me; she is a instructor
at Michaels. Teaches scrapbooking.
Hope this helps.

Marcine
Old 11-07-2007, 06:26 AM   #2351
Die Cut Diva

Marcine thanks but I was looking for a school teacher--or someone who knows anything about teachers licenses?

1 of Kota's kids
Old 11-07-2007, 06:34 AM   #2352
Insane Embellisher

Becki!!! the tiles are beautiful!!! Man, lucky folks on YOUR Christmas list!!! You do a wonderful job of painting.... I was kicking around some ideas for a "Flat" gift suitable for including with my Cards this year..... any ideas out there??? One idea was the "hot cocoa gift envies"...... got a pattern from the internet... would welcome any other ideas....
Yall have a wonderful blessed day!
God bless
Nyoka
Old 11-07-2007, 09:35 AM   #2353
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampnangel View Post
Dolores
I know you and Lana were trying to figure out who wanted to stay on the list and who wanted to be removed so I was just wondering if you will be sending out one last update to the list?. Thanks
Yes, I will on November 10th. Still waiting for some responses to find out who is staying and who isn't.

Dolores
Old 11-07-2007, 10:21 AM   #2354
Watercolor Wizard

Got Happy Happy Mail! Thanks so much Carol S! Love that Santa stamp And thank you Rachel H. Those snowmen are too cute! Makin' some cards to send out this week. Be lookin' ladies!
Old 11-07-2007, 12:28 PM   #2355
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I had 3 ladies in to stamp today. Got a little bit done. We were waiting for the UPS truck to deliver the order for myself & one of the ladies. 45 minutes after they leave, he shows up. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr Oh well, excuse for her to come back. LOL I like stamping with her because she's not "needy".

Lunch was great. Dolores, sorry you couldn't make it. You're closer than most. At least you're just in the next state. LOL

Hugs
Carol
Old 11-07-2007, 12:34 PM   #2356
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, Lesley,
Daisy got kicked off by the Queen of the stamps. This is not a great picture but that's me in Rockport TX. We rented a condo down there last January. The 2 rows of condos is in the background. This is a 300 foot lighted pier we had access to. It was a very nice place and lovely little town outside of Corpus Christi.

Carol
in IN
Old 11-07-2007, 01:09 PM   #2357
Stazon Splitcoast

nice to see you carol .............. shame its not just a tad closer so we can really see you
Old 11-07-2007, 01:34 PM   #2358
Polyshrink Goddess

Carol,

How far off of US 30 are you? I take that straight across IN when I go to visit youngest DD at college in OH?

Deb
delse
Old 11-07-2007, 02:37 PM   #2359
Gallery Gazer

Thanks Khara and Laura for my happy mail. Both are lovely and I'll be getting replies out soon.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:23 PM   #2360
Stazon Splitcoast

Deb
I'm about an hour south of there. Not real close.

Sorry, Lesley, you do NOT want a closer look. ROFL I don't have a lot of pics of me...........I'm the one taking them.

Well, ladies I got my SU order...........got the set Season of Joy, new paper (of course), the photo corner punch, couple of stamp pads, an artichoke marker (you see, I have the OLD set so some new colors aren't in it) and the Wintergreen Dp. Can't wait to use the DP & that stamp set. I've already got the wood sprayed & the set mounted. Also, did my girlfriend's set for her. We are READY to stamp. I am soooooooo going to order more DP on that buy 3 get one free special. YEAH!

Carol
in IN