Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-05-2007, 05:30 AM   #2281
Polyshrink Goddess

Hello, everyone I got some cards made this weekend. I will be sending them out this week.

Crysal
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-05-2007, 05:38 AM   #2282
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for all the cards I have recieved. They are beautiful. As soon I get my christmas cards done I will be getting back in gear.

Thanks,
Amy
Old 11-05-2007, 08:05 AM   #2283
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face SCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by My3LittleMonkeys View Post
Which ever you feel more comfortable with would be the easiest. For me, I like to take a digital pic, crop out the background and then save it. I think my colors are more vibrant using a digital camera.

The scanner can sometime wash out the color a bit, but Carol's all look good, so maybe it just depends on the scanner.

Once they are in the computer (or Pooter in Carol's case!) they process is the same for both.

HTH!!!
Ok, someone's talking about me. Ok, several someone's..........right? I've been reading & trying to catch up. Also see that my post from Saturday night did NOT go through. I guess I used up my number of posts the day before when it went twice.
Actually, I've been off to the post office to look for that picture but they said they didn't put Aussie's on there.......ESPECIALLY ones that use the word Poota. ROFLMAO ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Thanks Siobhan but mine don't look as good as they do IRL. AND my scanner was given to me from my daughter. They didn't want it. Weeeelllll, who am I to turn down something free? Duh!

Catherine..........just checked yours out. You did good girl! Left you a post.

Now I'm waaaaaaaaay behind since that post didn't go through because I tried to thank Mary F for her lovely lovely wreath card. So soft and subtle. It's in my PEN PAL album. One of the last 2, at the top. It is beautiful. Mary, how did you put the glitter on? It's soooooooo smooth. Just the right touch & the gentle softness of the color of ribbon is wonderful. Thanks, girl!

Soooooooo, what have you all been up to? I went to that all day stamping thingie all day Saturday. Uploaded pictures on Sunday. Yes, I have dial up so it took me ALL day. Not doing much today. Went to hospital to get blood drawn. Of course, they couldn't get any. I told them I didn't hide the veins. They REALLY are there. LOL She asked if I brought any with me. LOL They did finally get it. Then, on my way out, had to visit with the cancer nurse. She was my neighbor growing up and her father passed a couple of weeks ago. Then on to sugardog to sign up for DSL. Let's see if THAT is any faster. UGH! I get so sick of the dial up but some is sooooooooo expensive.

Three women coming to stamp on Weds. I'm making the lemon bars & sloppy joe's again. Stamping on Friday & then dinner with 10 friends Friday night at The Trails. Beautiful buffet. The room has twinkling lights & a fireplace. Lovely and great food. Can't wait for the cherries Jubilee. Of course!

Back to the post office to look for Poota. yah ha ha

Carol
in IN
Old 11-05-2007, 09:26 AM   #2284
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Happy Happy Happy Mail

Well, let me tell you I think the Happy Mail Truck broke down right next to MY mailbox. YES! It did!
I got 7 (yes seven) happy mail envelopes. I couldn’t believe it. All of these people were thinking about me. Just little ole me. Thanks Deb E. for the lovely soft colors on the card. You did good, girl, venturing out of you color mode. It’s beautiful. I used Baroque Motifs for my Christmas cards.
Of course, they’ve been made since August & now I want different ones. LOL Kari B……..WOW, how bright is that flower? My girlfriend has this set & I love it. I borrow it. Yellow & red are sooooo pretty together. I like the “smile” petal at the bottom. Good use of that. Becca P………is that a Bella?
Yep, that’s me sitting there with my Fanny May chocolates. LOL Trinidads, of course. My fav! Too cute……..love your coloring. Jenny M…….That is beautiful. I just won that set at the SCS Indy gathering on Saturday. YEAH, another card to case. Does that paper rick rack come like that? Or did you make it? Lauri F……….got your card today from Down Under. LOL Love your colors. You are doing great! Stacey F……….Got the pretty sunflower card & bees. Cute cute cute. Good job! Carrie L........Love the bucket of apples. What did you color the apples with……….chalk? ink? They are just lovely.

WOW you girls never fail to amaze me with your talent, techniques & awesome layouts. Keep up the great work! BOY, I’m going to have to get busy. LOL Oh heck, I’d better gt off here I already had 10 to answer before these arrived. YIKES! Now I know how Lana felt. ROFL

Carol
in IN
Old 11-05-2007, 09:48 AM   #2285
#1 Gas Bagger

Carol ,
All I can say is your a Hoot~!!! I just love ya. I love reading your notes. You make my day. Post office & poota~!!! hehhehehehehehehheee I can't stop laughing. My tummy is hurting from all this laughing.

Marcine,
I got your card in the mail today & I just love it. I love the saying also. Sooo true. The colors are so pretty. Thanks so much~ Penpal Mom

And Jenny M. I got a card from you today also. And I just love it. I love the Flower the brads & the colors. I have to agree with Carol, the talent from all of you girls is just fantastic. & Jenny I'll get a card out to you tomorrow.

Luv Ya's
Connie S.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:14 AM   #2286
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmilham View Post
Well, let me tell you I think the Happy Mail Truck broke down right next to MY mailbox. YES! It did!
I got 7 (yes seven) happy mail envelopes. I couldn’t believe it.

Carrie L........Love the bucket of apples. What did you color the apples with……….chalk? ink? They are just lovely.
Carol
in IN
Lucky you getting all those cards today. I usually color the apples with a little bit of chalk first the go back over them with colored pencils to try to give it highlights or I'll just keep layering on colored pencil color. Oh and I don't use any of the fancy/expensive colored pencils I use plain old Crayola! lol
Old 11-05-2007, 10:51 AM   #2287
Matboard Maniac

Happy mail today from Carrie. Great job combining sets. Now you have me thinking I "need" Carved and Candlelit!

Carol, the paper ric rac was part of a Scrappin Kit that was available as a sellabration choice last year. I found my kit when I was cleaning in my craft area last week. I hope they do something like that when sellabration comes around again.

Jenny
Old 11-05-2007, 12:07 PM   #2288
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampnangel View Post
lou, I've left some comments in your gallery

Thankyou!!!!
That was sweet.
I have added some random names from here to my buddy list to see what happens....so far nothing!

I am on my way to visit two gallerys now, Carrie I am so checking you out!!!!LOL.

Lou
Old 11-05-2007, 12:30 PM   #2289
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to lezzels

good morning.............. I knew it ....I just knew it ............... looking for me at the post office ...lol.........
Old 11-05-2007, 12:47 PM   #2290
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulou31 View Post
Thankyou!!!!
That was sweet.
I have added some random names from here to my buddy list to see what happens....so far nothing!

I am on my way to visit two gallerys now, Carrie I am so checking you out!!!!LOL.

Lou
It just lets you know if you buddys are on line loulou
just hit quick link at top of page on the right and then buddy list and a smaller box comes up with your names in it and they are in red if your friends are on line
Old 11-05-2007, 12:47 PM   #2291
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello Everyone!
Super Fantastic Happy Mail for me today from Stac and Connie S.

What really fascinates me about this is that each card's
sentiments are filled with so much meaning!!! So absolutely
perfect for where I'm at in this phase of my life journey!
Bless you both!
The designs, embellishments, and colors are phenomenal!!! The enclosed letters are so very special to me! I cant thank you gals enough!

I am so excited to create cards to send back!
(Working on Carol's first tho!) LOL

Catherine, you are so right, guys just dont get this "stampin thing"...
There is nothing wrong with cherishing envelopes that are a work
of art! LOL

It is so wonderful to check in here and be a part of all this
sharing and caring! There are no strangers here, just friends we
haven't met yet!

I worked on a batch of cards this weekend for one of the swaps
I joined. Making a batch of identical cards is so NEW to me!
I have much to learn... I gotta get more organized!
I had always made my cards 1 at a time
and every card was totally unique. Change is good.... LOL

Anyways... gonna rest a bit & get to stampin! Wanna get Carol's
Happy mail off to the post office tomorrow!
Have a great new week everyone!

Thanx for being such a great part of my daily life!
Sincerely,
khara
Old 11-05-2007, 01:03 PM   #2292
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lezzels View Post
It just lets you know if you buddys are on line loulou
just hit quick link at top of page on the right and then buddy list and a smaller box comes up with your names in it and they are in red if your friends are on line
Ohhh.... it worked...you are bright red lezzel!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 01:09 PM   #2293
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulou31 View Post
Ohhh.... it worked...you are bright red lezzel!!!
hehehehe ..................
Old 11-05-2007, 01:54 PM   #2294
Gallery Gazer

Lou
Thanks for the comments on my gallery! I really appreciate it
Old 11-05-2007, 01:57 PM   #2295
#1 Gas Bagger

God Bless you Khara for the work you do. It means so much to me. But you know that.

Connie S.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:59 PM   #2296
Stazon Splitcoast

I knew she was bright red. I saw it at the post office.......WANTED.........POOTA in bright RED. Yep, it was there.

Oh, Khara........glad we can be here for you. Wanna talk just pm me. And bring on that Happy Mail. I unloaded the mail box (and it's one of those LARGE rural boxes) and polished it up JUST for your card. No clutter there. Only in my stamp room. LOL

Thanks Jenny, I'll have to look for that. It is sooooooo pretty & neat. I like it better than the material kind because it's so flat and unbumpy (yes girls, another new word).

Carrie.........thanks for the tips. They looked soooooo real. Great job on the coloring.

Hey, Connie.........you know I'm here to entertain YOU. LOL Watch your post office for the Poota picture. It's in RED. Yes, really! No kidding! For sure! And of course you agree with me! Doesn't everyone? Well, except DH.

All the cards I got today will be in my album. Hopefully tonight. DIal up does not always work with me. Know?

Hugs girls
Carol
in Poota IN
Old 11-05-2007, 02:11 PM   #2297
#1 Gas Bagger

Carol,
Heheheeheheheee I'm staying clear of the post office. Poota in Red. hahahahhaaaaa. Carol I'm gona pee my pants.

Connie S.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:15 PM   #2298
#1 Gas Bagger

I'm still laughing I can't take it any more. ROFL. I'm in tears

Connie S.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:17 PM   #2299
Die Cut Diva

Carol--you are too funny!! I know almost any time of the day I can come on here and get a laugh out of your posts!! DH thinks I am crazy when I am sitting here laughing at my POOTA!!

1 of Kota's kids
Old 11-05-2007, 02:37 PM   #2300
Stampin' Fool

Default ****Important information***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrpuppets View Post
Here is the e-mail I sent out did a better job of explaining what is going to happen:

Hello,

Pen Pals is going to be moved on November 10th to Fun and Games. It will be titled "Kota's Pen Pals". We need to move because of the size of our group and since we are no longer taking new members. To find Fun and games: Look under other stuff in current conversations. You will see "That's Entertainment" click on that and you will see "Fun and Games", click on Fun and Games and then look for Kota's Pen Pals.

Dolores
Hello this is the same message as yesterday, but I wanted to make sure everyone has a chance to read it.

Dolores
Old 11-05-2007, 03:13 PM   #2301
Glitter Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to marcineluke

Hello everyone

Got wonderful happy mail today.
I received a card from Becki a great bright and cheery card.
Carrie such a pretty fall card. Louise a very spring like card; die cuts with flowers and cordinating pink and green colors.
Lesley a delightful thank you card; loved it very much.
You all did very good job .
These cards mean a lot to me and probably every one else
who have had a demanding day. Or simply just to delight
in; with all the talent on this web site
Dolores I received your card from Louise and I guess you
got mine. But thats ok.

Louise has to send a picture of her house because I am
curious what a lifestyle block home is. Enjoy your summer.
(loulou31)I envy you.

closing for now

Marcine
Old 11-05-2007, 03:29 PM   #2302
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmilham View Post
I knew she was bright red. I saw it at the post office.......WANTED.........POOTA in bright RED. Yep, it was there.

Oh, Khara........glad we can be here for you. Wanna talk just pm me. And bring on that Happy Mail. I unloaded the mail box (and it's one of those LARGE rural boxes) and polished it up JUST for your card. No clutter there. Only in my stamp room. LOL

Thanks Jenny, I'll have to look for that. It is sooooooo pretty & neat. I like it better than the material kind because it's so flat and unbumpy (yes girls, another new word).

Carrie.........thanks for the tips. They looked soooooo real. Great job on the coloring.

Hey, Connie.........you know I'm here to entertain YOU. LOL Watch your post office for the Poota picture. It's in RED. Yes, really! No kidding! For sure! And of course you agree with me! Doesn't everyone? Well, except DH.

All the cards I got today will be in my album. Hopefully tonight. DIal up does not always work with me. Know?

Hugs girls
Carol
in Poota IN
is this what you saw carol
Attached Thumbnails
wanted0001.jpg  
Old 11-05-2007, 03:51 PM   #2303
Compulsive Stamper

very funny lezzels..... I like it lol.....
thanks to mary.f for the lovely card I love the colours so did my ds who is 9months started laughing at teh mice....
cheers Loz
Old 11-05-2007, 04:07 PM   #2304
#1 Gas Bagger

Quote:

Lesley,

That is too Cool~!!! I think poota carol has been a stinker. ROFL. I tried to tell her to be good, but she just wouldn't listen to me heheheheheeee. I'm still laughing can't stop. She's always getting me into trouble. Hahahahahahaaaaa. I don't know why. She started it.... ROFL I gotta get off here before I lose it. LOL.

Connie S.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:46 PM   #2305
Glitter Guru

Quote:
HA HA HA HA HA

That was so funny!!! Great job!!
Old 11-05-2007, 04:49 PM   #2306
Die Cut Diva

Lesley-- That has got to be the funniest thing I have seen in a while!
You ladies are too much-- here I go again laughing at my Poota!!!

1 of Kota's kids
Old 11-05-2007, 05:40 PM   #2307
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by My3LittleMonkeys View Post
Maybe you have seen her on the FBI's Most Wanted list.

HA HA HA
that one is your fault ........ you started it.............lol
Old 11-05-2007, 06:21 PM   #2308
Inking Addict

Hello Everyone.

Glade to see all is well with most of you. As for me if you are wondering were I have been the last couple of weeks, lets just say it has not been fun, I have been in the hospital because I could not stop bleeding from my lovely woman thing ended up almost hymerging and became very antimic, so now I have to take iron pills and the doctor is talking about doing a DNC or something, so i have not felt like doing anything along the lines of stamping or making cards. As of today Nov 5th I am very happy to say all is well and i am doing 100% better so i am trying to get caught up with my cards. Please be patient with me as I am making up for lost time.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:21 PM   #2309
Inking Addict

Hello Everyone.

Glade to see all is well with most of you. As for me if you are wondering were I have been the last couple of weeks, lets just say it has not been fun, I have been in the hospital because I could not stop bleeding from my lovely woman thing ended up almost hymerging and became very antimic, so now I have to take iron pills and the doctor is talking about doing a DNC or something, so i have not felt like doing anything along the lines of stamping or making cards. As of today Nov 5th I am very happy to say all is well and i am doing 100% better so i am trying to get caught up with my cards. Please be patient with me as I am making up for lost time.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:53 PM   #2310
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2scrapp View Post
Hello Everyone.

Glad your back and everything is well again.

Dolores
Old 11-05-2007, 06:56 PM   #2311
Inking Addict

Thanks, I have missed talking with you all, just getting a simple hello from everyone has brought smiles to my face and I have missed that while I was away.
Steff
Old 11-05-2007, 07:46 PM   #2312
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

I received some Happy Mail today. Thank you Connie S for the pretty Holiday card. I love the colors. Thank you Michelle W for the lovely card. It was also pretty. Thank you Becci B for the flower card. I liked how you cut the flowers out. Thank you for making my day. I have been feeling rather sad and stressed out. My back isnt helping at all either. Has anyone gone thru Financial Peace before. My hub and I are going thru this course to learn about getting out of debt. I should of never got this big Tahoe I just had to have. I should of just kept my little car. anyways, enough with problems. Sorry I had to vent a little. I also sent out a bunch of Fall cards today. so be one the lookout. We played out 1st playoff game. We got the 1st touchdown but ended up losing by 2 points to T.K. It was a great game. Afterwards, I got to take a picture with T.K. and my kids together with him, He signed by boys programs too. Now, I am so happy..I dont need to be chasing him anymore..wanted to share with you that bit of information. I get to go stand and freeze my butt off tomorrow night to watch my 1st grader play in his playoffs too. Thanks ladies.

Stay warm!

Bonnie H
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Old 11-05-2007, 11:47 PM   #2313
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everyone
I love all your beautiful cards and they sure are making my days! What fun to see what the postman bringeth.
Have a great Tuesday everyone

Last edited by Rosiebudstamp; 11-05-2007 at 11:48 PM.. Reason: double sign.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:45 AM   #2314
Glitter Guru

Quote:
that one is your fault ........ you started it.............lol
Hee Hee!
Old 11-06-2007, 04:51 AM   #2315
Glitter Guru

Steff and Bonnie...take care of yourselves!

Ok, now my update of thank you's for cards! This is a long one:
Vicki M, Jenny M, Karan S, Laura O, Debbie S, Phyllis B, Nyoka S, Louise F, & Deb E! I loved them all and hope to get replies out soon. I am still writing the birthday notes...had the cards done for a while. That bazaar really took the stuffing out of me!!

Speaking of, our bazaar committee had a big door prize thank you party tonight and guess what??!!! I won a big armoire!!! It is gorgeous...very eclectic and not at all what I have in my house, but I wanted it so badly for my craft room!!! I thought it would be so inspiring to me! I cannot believe they pulled my name out of the basket! Anyway, I am thrilled and will take pics once it gets out of the entry way! DH had to go to bed early for work...he is going to freak out when he sees it!!

That is all for now...kids have a half day tomorrow and then are off for 2 days for parent/teacher conferences. It never ends!!
Old 11-06-2007, 05:14 AM   #2316
Hardware Hotshot

Hi ladies,

Really nice to "see" you all here. DH has a conference in NYC so I am tagging along. Such a treat to get some time away together.

Yesterday we walked all through Central Park. The sun was shining and the park is so beautiful! Today it's raining..I will probably do some exploring by subway, then come back and make some cards so I can catch up with my many, many penpals!

Wishing all of you a wonderful day (or evening, Siobhan and Aussie crew!),

Debbie
Old 11-06-2007, 05:37 AM   #2317
Glitter Guru

Thanks Debbie!

I am off to bed but I just had to post a pic of the piece I won...

I never win anything so I am really excited about this one!
Attached Thumbnails
tn-armoire.jpg  
Old 11-06-2007, 05:40 AM   #2318
Hardware Hotshot

Wow, Siobhan, that is gorgeous!
Old 11-06-2007, 05:50 AM   #2319
Glitter Guru

Thanks! I am still so excited I am just sitting here looking at it! Oh, how very sad my life is!!!

Hope you get some sightseeing in today! Or shopping!! I love Macys...so please visit for me! Are you going to try to go to the Today show?? If so, let us know so we can look for you! Did you bring your SCS t-shrit??!!
Old 11-06-2007, 06:32 AM   #2320
Insane Embellisher

Good Morning ladies! Hope all is well with everyone... I am slowly but surely getting back in motion... just takes a little time for the old back to strengthen back up.
Luv2scrapp... sure hope you are feeling better... and hope all goes well in the future...
Siobhan the furniture piece is lovely... great storage for the craft room!
I HAVE to get in gear and get started on my grandson's scrapbook that i promised to do for his mom for Christmas... right now she being somewhat of a pain in the family and I haven't really felt too fond of her... but I promised and I will keep that promise....
Our weather is turning cool today... Its unusual to be wearing summer clothes in November!! The leaves are turning colors and the woods are very beautiful.. just right for quiet walks and admiring God's handiwork!!
Y'all take care and have a blessed day!
Nyoka