Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-07-2007, 04:04 AM   #1441
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by okstamperView Post
Good morning everyone! It's 3:00am..I haven't gone to bed yet, shhhh...been busy working on a special card. Plus, I had to watch a couple of kids earlier and didnt get to stamp at all. I just wanted to say hello. The bad thing is, I am WIDE awake and I'll probably just lay in bed for 1/2 hour like last night when I went to bed at 2:30am. Do you think it has something to do with my back pain medicine..Anyways, gotta get into bed now. I'll see you ladies tomorrow.

Bonnie
Oh, it could. You know how Benadryl makes some people wired and others tired? (Guess I am a poet tonight!!)

Hope you get to sleep soon!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-07-2007, 04:08 AM   #1442
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by lezzelsView Post
yeah I love my bug ...too.......
great for embossing
Both you and Carrie better stop it!!

X-mas present early??? Love it!! DH wants a XBOX, so I could so work this out in my favor!

Hey, does the Cricut also emboss? I scrapbook too, so I need something versatile. And I do have a sidekick which I never use because I hate rolling all those letters out for a title. Do the Cuttlebug embossing folders work in a sidekick (probably not, but I thought I would ask)??

Oh gosh...look what is happening...I am now asking to be enabled!! eek!!
Old 10-07-2007, 04:20 AM   #1443
Watercolor Wizard

Wink

Quote:

Originally Posted by My3LittleMonkeysView Post
Both you and Carrie better stop it!!

X-mas present early??? Love it!! DH wants a XBOX, so I could so work this out in my favor!

Hey, does the Cricut also emboss? I scrapbook too, so I need something versatile. And I do have a sidekick which I never use because I hate rolling all those letters out for a title. Do the Cuttlebug embossing folders work in a sidekick (probably not, but I thought I would ask)??

Oh gosh...look what is happening...I am now asking to be enabled!! eek!!
FYI - The cuttlebug embossing folders and dies work in a sidekick. I have one too and totally hate rolling out the letters - especially with the 2 layers! BUT only the small ones are small enough to fit through. To use the bigger back ground ones you have to have the big sizzix machine (I forget what it's called) but they work in that one too. I scrap also and am thinking about a cricut. A friend of mine just got one and is going to loan it to me so I can try it out. I looooove good friends (AKA enablers!).
Old 10-07-2007, 04:34 AM   #1444
Stazon Splitcoast

I use the folders in my big red Sizzix and love it. I think I have about 17 of them. I'm addicted.

Bonnie.........hope you got some sleep. Yep, looooooooooved the flip flops.

Carol
in IN
Old 10-07-2007, 06:01 AM   #1445
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlandrumView Post
FYI - The cuttlebug embossing folders and dies work in a sidekick. I have one too and totally hate rolling out the letters - especially with the 2 layers! BUT only the small ones are small enough to fit through. To use the bigger back ground ones you have to have the big sizzix machine (I forget what it's called) but they work in that one too. I scrap also and am thinking about a cricut. A friend of mine just got one and is going to loan it to me so I can try it out. I looooove good friends (AKA enablers!).
Melanie~

Let me know what you think of the Cricut! I was looking at a Cricut Expressions. I know it is more expensive...which one are you going to test drive? I am so jealous!

So, I liked the Cuttlebug backgrounds and I guess what you and Carol are telling me is that they won't fit through my sidekick. Darn it!! Guess I just need to get a Cuttlebug too. Oh boy...I better find myself a paying job!!

Siobhan
Old 10-07-2007, 06:10 AM   #1446
Watercolor Wizard

I know...I just need to make a million dollars a year so I can support my scrapping/stamping habits. I'm borrowing her express I think - is that the digital one?? Anyways...it's the one that has the computer screen and the keypad w/the cartridges. I'm going to get it Thursday and I can't wait! Anyone else have it and love it? Which is better cuttlebug or cricut??
Old 10-07-2007, 07:56 AM   #1447
Inking Addict

Hello stamping buddies, hope you all didn't forget me, got everyone well in my family and out of the hopital and home and my self including. Going to stamp later today, I have a whole list of thank you's i need to send out, and several cards i need to finish, so please be patient with me, ha ha ha

I have both the Sizzix and the cricut machine, I like the cricut the best.

What is the cutterbug you all are talking about and is that what you are using to emboss the BG og the cards, I am using a lightbox and a templete and a stylus tool.
smiles steff
Old 10-07-2007, 07:59 AM   #1448
Stazon Splitcoast

Siobhan
The cuttlebug is soooooooooooo cheap you can hardly do without it. Michael's had two coupons this week but not sure you can use them on it. When HL has their 40% coupons you can use those. My friend bought one. Since I already had the big Sizzix I didn't bother. It does a little better than the Sizzix but I wouldn't do without my big red monster.

There's NO way I could justify the price of the cricut. Just couldn't. If you have the money...........then go for it. JMPO Ok, so I'm cheap. LOL I would rather do a little more work for less money.

Carol
in IN
Old 10-07-2007, 08:01 AM   #1449
Inking Addict

Thanks Marcine for the wonderful fall card and to Tara for the lovely Halloween card my kids at school enjoyed as well.

Cards are on the way to you both.

Smiles Steff
Old 10-07-2007, 08:02 AM   #1450
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

Steff

You can use a coupon at Michaels, but will have to POINT out to them its not a Cricut product. I used my coupon 40%. I've even seem them at Walmart cheaper too. Just a thought.

Bonnie
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Old 10-07-2007, 08:34 AM   #1451
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by okstamperView Post
Steff

You can use a coupon at Michaels, but will have to POINT out to them its not a Cricut product. I used my coupon 40%. I've even seem them at Walmart cheaper too. Just a thought.

Bonnie
Bonnie I am confused whats at micheal and at wal-mart, think i missed something. I have the Sizzix and the Cricut, was wanting to know what the cuttlebug machine does, haven't much about it here in my neck of the woods.

smiles steff
Old 10-07-2007, 08:59 AM   #1452
Stazon Splitcoast

I can't live w/o my Cuttlebug machine. I used my 40% coupon at Joanns and got it for like $50. I use to use a light table, now it's deep in my closet....actually I should try and sell it. They have the Cuttlebug machine at all 3 craft stores here in Denver which are Joanns, HL & Michaels.

Connie
QFTD52
FS318
HYCCT2013
Old 10-07-2007, 09:19 AM   #1453
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2scrappView Post
Bonnie I am confused whats at micheal and at wal-mart, think i missed something. I have the Sizzix and the Cricut, was wanting to know what the cuttlebug machine does, haven't much about it here in my neck of the woods.

smiles steff
It's just like the sidekick but a little bit bigger. you still have to roll the stuff through the machine. you can use the cuttlebug dies with the big sizzix but not with the sidekick (they're too wide). BUT you can use the cuttlebug embossing thingies with the sidekick. does this make sense??
Old 10-07-2007, 09:52 AM   #1454
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello Everyone!
Just a quick note to say "Thanx" to Stac and Connie J. for the Happy Mail!
So wonderful!!!!
I will keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers...
Blessings,
khara
Old 10-07-2007, 11:13 AM   #1455
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok, I have a problem. They are having a 2nd Annual Indiana SCS Gathering & only have 13 people signed up, out of 50. I'm one of them (as is my friend). So here's what I'm thinking..........I have 3.6 acres & you could bring all of your campers, your tents, etc. and sign up and I could show you the way.......we could car pool. What do ya think? NO it won't be cold Nov. 3rd in Northern Indiana. What are you thinking? Sound like a plan? All day making cards. Yippee SKippee. I can see it working now. ROFL

I am so desperate that I told another friend that I'd make her cards for her, if she'd go.

Carol
in IN
Old 10-07-2007, 11:57 AM   #1456
Die Cut Diva

Carol Daisy is adorable--makes you want to scoop her up and cuddle her!!

And to all the enablers(you know who you are!!) I am wanting the cuttlebug too!!-- I better start sweet talkin my DH LOL!!!

Wow Bonnie you are a card making machine!! I would totally pay for it the next day if I stayed up that late my kids are early early risers!!!

1 of Kota's kids
Old 10-07-2007, 12:58 PM   #1457
Polyshrink Goddess

Carol,

I'd be there in a minute but I will be in OH with my youngest DD for their marching band spectacular. But I will wave as I drive through.

Deb
Old 10-07-2007, 01:15 PM   #1458
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to lezzels

Quote:

It's just like the sidekick but a little bit bigger. you still have to roll the stuff through the machine. you can use the cuttlebug dies with the big sizzix but not with the sidekick (they're too wide). BUT you can use the cuttlebug embossing thingies with the sidekick. does this make sense??
The sidekick will take the 2x2 dies and the sets of 4 embossing folders.... but not the a5 embossing folders.......... I have the bug and fettsy has the sidekick she has bought the sets of 4 folders and 2x2 inch die for it and they work great in it.........but you can put anything in the bug ... I dont have a cricut and I dont think I will ever buy one from what I have seen its great for scrapbooking which I do very little of and in Australia cricut so expensive and so is all the bits and peices you have to have for it . cricut expressions $750 cartridges $130 ........ bug $150 and buy folders from usa (happyscrappin) even with postage very cheap.... Thats my opinion on it ..........but then I am very new to this whole thing ..........
Old 10-07-2007, 01:55 PM   #1459
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

(Sigh) I got home from work (I work weekends only). Gave the baby a bath. Said bye to the hubby (he's out with the boys watching some football game) and then put her to bed. The house is quiet and the dogs are laying by my feet while I'm on the computer. I just got my SU order and I'm about to try it all out. Ain't life grand??
Yes, life is good. Got to go shopping today and then workout at the gym. Of course now I have to take care of Zippy and mow the grass, but it was a fun day.

I have the big shot with is similar to the big kick and works like the cuttlebug too. I picked it over the circut because of price and it can emboss. When I get back to scrapbooking I may consider the circut or a wishblade. But I spent all my extra money on Zippy so that will have to wait. Zippy is worth it so I won't complain.

Happy Stamping all,

Dolores

PS It is still very hot in Ohio, where is that fall weather?
Old 10-07-2007, 02:21 PM   #1460
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

Steff

You were asking me about the confusion. The Cuttlebug is what I was talking about. Do I make sense, if I don't..its probably because it was very late when I wrote that..I thought you wanted the information on the Cuttlebug?

Bonnie
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Old 10-07-2007, 02:42 PM   #1461
Die Cut Diva

by the circut do you mean the silhouette--new thingy that hooks up to the computer??

1 of Kota's kids
Old 10-07-2007, 02:52 PM   #1462
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicorecoView Post
by the circut do you mean the silhouette--new thingy that hooks up to the computer??
what's this? a new toy I don't know about?? must research... ... need more toys!
Old 10-07-2007, 03:04 PM   #1463
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Deb, forget the band thingie.............LET'S STAMP! LOL

Tara.........yes she is adorable & so furry & cuddly but when she has an accident Mom gets very upset. DH wanted this puppy..........well, it's hard to train both of them but sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do. LOL

I'm with Lezzel.............use my money elsewhere........no cricut here.

NOW.......since we don't have to watch for the mail tomorrow we can go to Mike's and spend our 50% coupon. Yippee!

carol
in IN
Old 10-07-2007, 03:20 PM   #1464
Die Cut Diva

I was hoping someone on her knew about this silhouette thingy--I saw it on QVC craft day a couple of months back??

1 of Kota's kids
Old 10-07-2007, 03:25 PM   #1465
Insane Embellisher

I have a cricut and I use it for cards and scrapbooking, although I do probably use it more often for layouts than cards. But you can get some awesome cartridges that would be great for cards. the cartridges are obviously more expensive in Australia than NZ. I can get them for around $85.00 depending on what one I want.
Anyway what I was getting at before I started rambling is CRICUTS ROCK!!
Old 10-07-2007, 03:26 PM   #1466
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I was hoping someone on her knew about this silhouette thingy--I saw it on QVC craft day a couple of months back??
Mabee a wishblade?
Old 10-07-2007, 03:40 PM   #1467
Die Cut Diva

so is the circut kind of the same as the wishblade?

1 of Kota's kids
Old 10-07-2007, 03:41 PM   #1468
Pearl-ExPert

Just to let everyone know that there is 2 pieces of happy mail going out in the mail from me on Tuesday as Monday here in Canada is a holiday!
Old 10-07-2007, 03:46 PM   #1469
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I think so, I think it might be a bit cheaper and easier to use, but don't quote me on that
Old 10-07-2007, 04:30 PM   #1470
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Kind of the same. The Wishblade is made by Xyron and hooks up to the computer. I think that would be somewhat limiting if you wanted to take it to a crop. Also, one of the ladies here has one and it keeps crashing her computer. I have not been able to find a lot of research on them...because I have been looking!!

The Cricut is made by Provo Craft (right, girls??? or am I wrong?). Anyway, it works independent of the computer and is portable. They have a new one out that cuts up to 24 inches! I was looking at one mainly for scrapbooking and not really cardmaking. It die cuts automatically for you so you don't have to cut out letters or roll anything out. (It can cut phrases, etc...there are cartridges you buy with fonts and images).

Hope I cleared that up for anyone who was asking!

Guess I am off to see if JoAnn's will let me use my 50% coupon online for a Cuttlebug today!
Old 10-07-2007, 04:53 PM   #1471
Stazon Splitcoast

Guess I am off to see if JoAnn's will let me use my 50% coupon online for a Cuttlebug today!
MY blog
A Kota's Kid ...AB!!
Old 10-07-2007, 05:48 PM   #1472
Glitter Guru

**sniff, sniff** JoAnn won't let you use the coupon for any "die cut" machines! How mean is that! I was all excited, too! Now I get to sit here and debate if the $63 they have it on sale for makes up for the shipping I would have to pay if my MIL bought it for me with a coupon at Mikes...

Oh, wait! I have not checked Wal-Mart!!! Off to walmart.com!!
Old 10-07-2007, 06:51 PM   #1473
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, wait! I have not checked Wal-Mart!!! Off to walmart.com!! .............

almost sounding desperate........ I hoe you get one at a good price.......siobhan
Old 10-07-2007, 06:58 PM   #1474
Die Cut Diva

A friend just told me home shopping network as cuttlebug $69.95--free shipping. Haven't checked it out yet on my way there now. Just figured I would pass the info along

1 of Kota's kids
Old 10-07-2007, 07:25 PM   #1475
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all, it is getting late and I just finished up getting 3 cards ready for the mail tomorrow. Dolores, Deb E. and Bonnie H (and a birthday card that is LATE for my granddaughter) I think tomorrow is a holiday for the post office tho, Columbus Day? Anyway I got 4 more "Happy Mail" cards this weekend. Thanks you Sarah, Marcine, Laura O. and Tara! I will get cards out to you as soon as I can. It is hunting season and I have a lot of friends that come up here during this time so it is very busy. I tried to stamp today but everyone kept stopping by, which is great, but I didn't get any stamping done. Take care everyone and God Bless!
One of Kota's Kids
Too Blessed to be Stressed
Old 10-07-2007, 07:34 PM   #1476
Polyshrink Goddess

More happy mail! It will brighten the end of the day when I come home from work.

I have some cards going in the mail tomorrow as well. But I'm still a ways from being caught up. It will be a few days yet. I have a club swap on Tuesday for which I need to make cards. Right now, though, the creative juices have stopped. I have to think of something cute using just scraps. It shouldn't be too hard, I hope.

Carol, I'd love to stamp with you. But I also want to see youngest DD since this will be the last time I see her until Christmas break because she will be traveling to China with the marching band over the Thanksgiving break.

Deb
Old 10-07-2007, 07:55 PM   #1477
Stampin' Fool

Default Wishblade etc

Here is a site that compares different machines like the wishblade.

http://www.paperthreads.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91

Siobhan, Lezzels, hope you find a cuttlebug and for a good price. They are also coming out with new cuttlebug embossing folders(not sure when), they are very cute. Can't wait till they hit the stores.

Dolores
Old 10-07-2007, 08:37 PM   #1478
Rubber Obsessor

I found a new (at least new to me) Cuttlebug folder recently - called YOU - at either Joanne or Michaels. It is similar style to the thank you and congratulations folders but with lots of great words: strong, sweet, kind, wise, giving, fantastic, etc - I'll try to use it in my next set of penpal cards.
Karan
Old 10-07-2007, 08:44 PM   #1479
Pearl-ExPert

Default Cuttlebug and new folders

Hi Ladies,
I just wanted to share with you that I think that Joann.com has the better deal. Even at $ 63.00 you get free shipping (even us military folks being overseas!!!). I had to find out the hard way that not everything is gold that shines like gold. I bought my cuttlebug, well my hubby bought it for me, from crazyscraps.com thinking that I would get a great deal with the free folder and all, well, not so. Their price was $ 59.99 plus shipping. They said that shipping would be free for orders over $ 50.00 but the fine print said that Alaska, Hawaii and APO/FPO has to pay ACTUAL SHIPPING, which came out to be $ 20.95 on top of the $ 59.99 which was really not saving any money at all, since I could have had it for $ 63.00 and FREE shipping from Joann.com. They embossing folders were only $ 3.74 at Joann's on sale (right now they are $ 4.99 but I am sure they go back on sale). So, I would say get it at Joann's and get in within one week even overseas.

About the new folders they are supposed to come out in January.

Hope this helps and makes it a little easier for you ladies to decide

Last edited by okimom2girlz; 10-07-2007 at 09:34 PM..
Old 10-07-2007, 09:48 PM   #1480
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by DELSEView Post
More happy mail! It will brighten the end of the day when I come home from work.

I have some cards going in the mail tomorrow as well. But I'm still a ways from being caught up. It will be a few days yet. I have a club swap on Tuesday for which I need to make cards. Right now, though, the creative juices have stopped. I have to think of something cute using just scraps. It shouldn't be too hard, I hope.

Carol, I'd love to stamp with you. But I also want to see youngest DD since this will be the last time I see her until Christmas break because she will be traveling to China with the marching band over the Thanksgiving break.

Deb
Deb~

We are thinking of going to China over Thanksgiving! PM me and tell me where she is going to be! How fun would that be??!!

Siobhan