Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-15-2007, 05:49 PM   #921
Stazon Splitcoast

I got another pretty card today from Michelle W. I've been uploading my pen pal cards I've been receiving into my albums. It's awesome. I love this pen pal thingy. I'm off to making more cards tonight after the kids go to bed.

Connie
QFTD52
FS318
HYCCT2013
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-15-2007, 06:55 PM   #922
Stazon Splitcoast

Yeah Lezzel! Let us know when you're hot and running. LOL You will LOVE it.

Carol
in IN
Old 09-16-2007, 06:52 AM   #923
Hardware Hotshot

Thank you for the wonderful card I got this week! Such a wonderful surprise when I go to the mailbox! Everyday I am doing 2-3 cards and mailing them out, so many of you should be receiving them shortly. Have a great Sunday!
Old 09-16-2007, 09:06 AM   #924
Stazon Splitcoast

The cook out is over (62 people) so I have time to post about my special new card. It's sooooo lovely & it's from Deb Else. Thanks Deb. I love it. Again, a new color combo that I am going to try. Beautiful!

Carol
in IN
Old 09-16-2007, 03:34 PM   #925
Inking Addict

Thanks Deb Else for the wonderful card, I was thinking about ordering the punch you used on the card after seeing it now I know I have to have it.

Well girls after what was supposed to be a wonderful day with the girls doing the art and craft things and then stamping and scrapbooking, turned out to be the day from dread. it poured down rain all day and was so cold here that we frooze at the fair and of course it was outside. So we decided after about an hour of being soaked and cold to the bone we left went to lunch came back home put on dry clothes, and went to the scrapbook/stamp store and almost bought it out then came back to my craft and stamp and scrapbook until we were all tired, witch was ahout 3:30 this mornng, got up and went at it again.what a weekend
Old 09-16-2007, 05:21 PM   #926
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Steff, at least it turned out good in the end. You just had to make lemonade, right? LOL Drat those lemons & those dreary days.
We lucked out for the cook out..........just the right temp. for a big bon fire. The one couple camping wasn't thrilled with the 41 degree weather. LOL I was fine..............but then my idea of camping is in my OWN bed or the closest motel. Not a camper! I want someone else to do the work.

Hoping to get back to stamping tomorrow. Just sprayed the wood & mounted the rubber on the 4 stamp sets my friends ordered. Did the other girls the other day. I don't mind & they love it when I do it.

Carol
in IN
Old 09-16-2007, 06:52 PM   #927
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by csmilhamView Post
Hey Steff, at least it turned out good in the end. You just had to make lemonade, right? LOL Drat those lemons & those dreary days.
We lucked out for the cook out..........just the right temp. for a big bon fire. The one couple camping wasn't thrilled with the 41 degree weather. LOL I was fine..............but then my idea of camping is in my OWN bed or the closest motel. Not a camper! I want someone else to do the work.

Hoping to get back to stamping tomorrow. Just sprayed the wood & mounted the rubber on the 4 stamp sets my friends ordered. Did the other girls the other day. I don't mind & they love it when I do it.

Carol
in IN
Why do you spray the wood and with what? Is this something I should be doing? Learn something new everyday.

Steff glad you had fun inspite of the rain and the cold. Now make some cute cards with all the stuff you bought.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. We had wonderful weather here in Ohio. Great weekend to be outside and work in the yard. Got quite a few cards made this weekend. Just need to write notes and address them.

Have a wonderful week everyone, I am off to bed.

Dores
Old 09-16-2007, 06:54 PM   #928
Stampin' Fool

Quess I really do need to go to bed, who is dores ? Should have been signed Dolores.

Forgot to add Carol, I am glad the cookout went well for you. Sounds like a blast.

Dolores
Old 09-17-2007, 09:12 AM   #929
Stazon Splitcoast

Dolores (alias Dores) ROFL I became a demonstrator back about 1996 and I started spraying my wood with PLAID Clear Acrylic Sealer (matte) and it really has helped me keep the wood from getting so inked up. I put them in an old box (like a SU one) and take it out on the patio table to spray. It's stinky, like most stuff like that. Anyways...........I spray all sides & spray the front & back at least twice. Even if you only do each side once it REALLY helps. Someone once told me to use clear polish.........well Honey, that is even more stinky. LOL this just works for me & I did it for my friends who placed an order. I only do book parties. Actually, email parties. LOL Just email my demo in Iowa & I'm good to go.
She's coming back Thursday to do a class at her old church & I'm going to go & get to see her since she became MRS on June 30th.

HEY Dolores/Dores are you close enough to Indiana to go to the 2nd annual Indiana SCS get together? Awwww come one.......it will be fun. LOL

Carol
in IN
Old 09-17-2007, 09:15 AM   #930
Stazon Splitcoast

OH OH........I forgot! How can I forget! Old age, maybe. LOL I have a GREAT mail day.........thanks to Connie S. and Laura O'Shea. Connie........WOW two cards. Love that silver embossing and that adorable moose. Gotta love the ribbons since I'm a paper & ribbon addict. LOL

Laura O. love the CB card in the golds. Nice ribbon, too! LOL LIke I said.........ribbon addict.

Thanks to both of you for the great "get to know you notes."

Doing the happy dance!
Carol
in IN
Old 09-17-2007, 09:33 AM   #931
Glitter Guru

Default I'm Baccckkkk!!

Hello My Friends!!

I really missed checking on everyone daily!

Happy to be home. I was up at 5am Omaha time to drive to Kansas City for a 10:30 departure, then connected in Chicago (waved to you Krista!) for a 14hour flight to Tokyo! To make sure we got a "train" in the mix for the "planes, trains, and automobiles", I had to take 3 trains for a total of 4 1/2 hours to get home from Tokyo! I have been up now (with a few naps!) for 31 hours! I am on my 15th wind!!

I just HAD to open my cards!! Thanks so much to Doreen, Becki, Lisa, Deb, Dolores, and June!!! Absolutely gorgeous cards!!!

I did get some cards written from Kansas City, but I still have many to respond to, so be patient with me! I have a feeling I will be jet-lagged for a week or so. Typically when I am jet lagged, I wake up at an unsavory time of the AM, so perhaps that will lend itself to some quiet pre-dawn stamping time until my body-clock resets!!

Thanks for your wishes for my friend. I hope she is doing better now myself.

For the fun stuff: I managed 3 trips in 2 days to Archivers!! Also, I raided the Michael's dollar bins!! Oh my!!! I was digging for spools of ribbon! We were hunting for the cutest ones that seemed to always be at the bottom of the pile! Also picked up some $1 clear stamps!! I literally have a bag full of craft stuff! It was so fun. I miss the US already, but was so happy to see my kiddos tucked in their beds sleeping nicely when I arrived home tonight!

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 09-17-2007, 09:48 AM   #932
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

Great day for Happy Mail for me. Thanks to Deb D, Joan K, and Jenny M. I love all of them. The funny thing is, that all of you used the CB folder Happy Birthday differently. I've seen the Bella stamp here online, but never in person. That is so awesome Deb. Thanks. I just love the colors that all of you used too. It really made my day...OMG! I need to get busy on my DH's card. His b-day is tomorrow. Thanks again everyone.

Happy Stamping!

Bonnie
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Old 09-17-2007, 11:55 AM   #933
Stampin' Fool

Default Happy Mail

I received two beautiful cards today. One from Deborah S. and Joan K. Yes, Joan I do have time to stamp. Both my SIL and sister had birthdays, so I made them a set of cards. Now I have time to stamp pen pals cards.

I will be sending out cards at the end of the week.

Dolores
Old 09-17-2007, 01:05 PM   #934
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbrpuppetsView Post
I received two beautiful cards today. One from Deborah S. and Joan K. Yes, Joan I do have time to stamp. Both my SIL and sister had birthdays, so I made them a set of cards. Now I have time to stamp pen pals cards.

I will be sending out cards at the end of the week.

Dolores

Glad you got mine! It was one of a batch of about 25 so watch your mailboxes, everyone!
Old 09-17-2007, 01:10 PM   #935
Die Cut Diva

HI EVERYONE!!

I have not been on in about a week--boy did a lot go on in that time
DH and I decided to do a small(or so we thought) home improvement project figured it would take 2 days--here we are a week later and almost have things back together UGH!!!
I did get lots of happy mail and I sure needed it with all the stress of last week. when I get more time I will post from who.

HAPPY STAMPING

1 of Kota's kids
Old 09-17-2007, 03:49 PM   #936
Stazon Splitcoast

Tara
Didn't you know that there are NO 'small' home improvements? ROFL But you will be so glad when it's all done.

Carol
in IN
Old 09-17-2007, 05:02 PM   #937
Polyshrink Goddess

Hello, all its been a while since I have been on here. I havenot sent any more cards. I am back to home schooling now. I plan to do several this weekend.

I am not sure if anyone has noticed that my SCS sign on name has changed.

Dolores- will you please make the change on the spread sheet. Thanks so much.

I hope you all are having a great week.

Crystal
Old 09-17-2007, 06:32 PM   #938
Stazon Splitcoast

Awesome mail day today. I received 4 great birthday cards from Marilu W, cool pocket card w/match note pad...told my twin sister (okstamper). I received my first bella image on a card, thanks Deb E. (sooner or later I have to get my very first bella stamp), thanks Sarah K for the lovely fall card and thanks to Jenny M for such a pretty birthday card using the cuttlebug.

Happy Stamping everyone!

Connie
QFTD52
FS318
HYCCT2013
Old 09-17-2007, 10:38 PM   #939
Compulsive Stamper

Hi, my mother in law lezzels has got me into stamping and I would like to join your pen pal group, how do I go about doing this.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:57 AM   #940
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdgregView Post
Hello, all its been a while since I have been on here. I havenot sent any more cards. I am back to home schooling now. I plan to do several this weekend.

I am not sure if anyone has noticed that my SCS sign on name has changed.

Dolores- will you please make the change on the spread sheet. Thanks so much.

I hope you all are having a great week.

Crystal
Will do.

Dolores
Old 09-18-2007, 02:58 AM   #941
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by fettsyView Post
Hi, my mother in law lezzels has got me into stamping and I would like to join your pen pal group, how do I go about doing this.
Contact Kota48 with your name, address, scs name and birthdate.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:54 AM   #942
Hardware Hotshot

I want to thank Joan, Rachel, Nikki and Connie S. for the lovely cards I received yesterday. They made my day!

Laura

Running With Lollipops my everything else blog
Old 09-18-2007, 05:24 AM   #943
Mad Swapper

Just wanted to confirm did anyone recvd my cards..!!Coz itz been long time when my husband posted them..!!
And he told me yesterday that wen he went to post them..they didnt had the stamps at post office..so the guy who took the cards..told me husband..dont worry..ur cards will be posted..just give the money..!!So it was assumed that crads must have been posted..!!
Old 09-18-2007, 05:25 AM   #944
Mad Swapper

I'm feeling bad that none of u recvd them..my husband will confirm at post office whether they posted them or not..

I'am really sorry abt it..!!
Old 09-18-2007, 09:09 AM   #945
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you Marilu W for the wonderful notepad and card I received today. I just loved how you did the pocket card..great idea! I love my little note book too. Love the colors. It really made my day. I seem to be more sneezing than writing out my pen pal cards.

Happy Stamping!

Bonnie
Old 09-18-2007, 10:32 AM   #946
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink pen pals

Shivani...........so sorry about your lost posts. Hope that guy can straighten it out. Usually, when I do that they go out faster. But I usually give them to a woman. ROFL Just kidding...........true, but kidding.

On a happier note....................THANK YOU Nikki (Monique) for the lovely lovely card with the flower vases & glittered flowers. So dar cute & love the color combo. You made my day.

Carol
in IN
Old 09-18-2007, 10:40 AM   #947
Inking Addict

Ok, I got about 12 cards in the mail today and I am off to make some more! Hopefully get them out tomorrow!
Old 09-18-2007, 01:07 PM   #948
Stazon Splitcoast

WOW! 12 card..That's exciting. I get excited even if I receive one.

Happy Stamping to you!

Bonnie
Old 09-18-2007, 02:29 PM   #949
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to lezzels

yeah me too ........... one and Im over the moon
Old 09-18-2007, 02:51 PM   #950
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by pregyladyView Post
Ok, I got about 12 cards in the mail today and I am off to make some more! Hopefully get them out tomorrow!

So did you mail 12 cards or receive 12 cards?
Old 09-18-2007, 03:17 PM   #951
Rubber Obsessor

Woo hoo, got mail yesterday and today!! What to do a shout out to thank Deb E., Laura O., Monique and then got one from Georgia but did not have name sooooooooooo not sure who to thank. I love all these cards I am getting and I take them to work and show everyone of them to my girls
Went to visit the Dublin Winery in NC over the weekend (had a ball) and now that DS is back in school guess what, I am typing his first term paper so that is leaving me no time to do cards tonight and then nothing over the weekend so I wanted to let everyone know that I am usually not a slacker just slower than usual here lately!!! LOL

Well do double shift this weekend, promise
Old 09-18-2007, 03:20 PM   #952
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by fettsyView Post
Hehe ........................ got her .....lol .......
I was so happy to see lauri (aka fettsy) put in her first post and she did it with us gals in here.........
Old 09-18-2007, 03:22 PM   #953
Insane Embellisher

Hi Ladies, first let me say a heartfelt THANK YOU to all the ladies who sent me cards... I love them so much. For health reasons I will have to cut back on my card sending and just send out to birthdays.... I hope you all will forgive me... its just a bit much right now to keep up with... I certainly don't want to be dropped from the list but will understand if you all feel I should....
Thanks again for the beautiful cards...
God bless
Nyoka
Old 09-18-2007, 03:42 PM   #954
Stazon Splitcoast

Nyoka

I think everyone will understand. If its ok, I would like to send cards to you anyways. Let me know, thanks and have a great night.

Bonnie
Old 09-18-2007, 03:48 PM   #955
Rubber Obsessor

Nyoka, your health is much more important and your body will dictate to you what you can and cannot do so listen to it, I too would love to continue sending you cards, I am in it for the fun and I am sure everyone else is also so you do what you can and I hope you start feeling better
Old 09-18-2007, 04:10 PM   #956
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauren1View Post
Nyoka, your health is much more important and your body will dictate to you what you can and cannot do so listen to it, I too would love to continue sending you cards, I am in it for the fun and I am sure everyone else is also so you do what you can and I hope you start feeling better
My sentiments exactly........ we all do what we can .........

hope you are feeling better nyoka
Old 09-18-2007, 04:36 PM   #957
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyokasmithView Post
Hi Ladies, first let me say a heartfelt THANK YOU to all the ladies who sent me cards... I love them so much. For health reasons I will have to cut back on my card sending and just send out to birthdays.... I hope you all will forgive me... its just a bit much right now to keep up with... I certainly don't want to be dropped from the list but will understand if you all feel I should....
Thanks again for the beautiful cards...
God bless
Nyoka
Oh gosh, no problem! This is a "no rules" type group (if I can remember that many posts back!!!) So do what you can...no need to drop out!

Also, I would like to thank Deana T, Bonnie H and Carol M for the cards!! They are now in my growing "to respond to" pile!

Feel like I was hit by a Mac truck this AM! The lack of sleep and travel must have caught up with me. I think I was just wired yesterday as I was trying to get my house back in order. Can you imagine...your DH home for 10 days and 3 kids under 7?? Oh yeah, I could tell there was an attempt to "straighten up" but goodness...

Shivani...well, hope the postal worker mailed them out! Maybe his DW is writing on some pretty cards right now! ha ha I know it takes 2-3 weeks for anything from an overseas addy to reach me, so maybe they will arrive this week.

Siobhan
Old 09-18-2007, 05:21 PM   #958
Inking Addict

Good mail day, I received 2 lovely cards today one from Deloris Carroll( who is new to the group and believe it or not is actuly from my neck of the woods Topeka KS, wow) and I also received a card from LeAnn May.

Nyoka, I too want to still send you cards if that ok, I enjoy making cards to send and put a smile on someone face.

I hope all of you are having a wonderful stamping week so far. It's rainy and glomny here so I have been staying at home in the evening's and stamping the night away.

Happy stamping and Smiles from Steff
Old 09-18-2007, 05:52 PM   #959
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2scrappView Post
Good mail day, I received 2 lovely cards today one from Deloris Carroll( who is new to the group and believe it or not is actuly from my neck of the woods Topeka KS, wow) and I also received a card from LeAnn May.

Nyoka, I too want to still send you cards if that ok, I enjoy making cards to send and put a smile on someone face.

I hope all of you are having a wonderful stamping week so far. It's rainy and glomny here so I have been staying at home in the evening's and stamping the night away.

Happy stamping and Smiles from Steff
Did she pm Lana with her information? I don't have her on my list for the spreadsheet. I know Lana has given me at least 8 names this month.

Dolores
Old 09-18-2007, 06:04 PM   #960
Inking Addict

i don't know for sure