Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-14-2007, 10:55 AM   #401
Rubber Obsessor

Good Afternoon All,

Just taking a break from making cards to see whats up. Thanks Carrie for answering franb63, Jeanie'sJems and paulssandy . I pm'd you ladies with the info. I have Franb63 info but will wait to send the list so I can get the others added too.

Well back to stamping, Stay Cool !!!

Lana
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-15-2007, 06:11 AM   #402
Die Cut Diva

Dolores thanks for the update, now if I can just get myself together and get time to stamp--seems I have been in a slump the past few days--and here I thought I would be loving the boys being in school--but it's actually a little lonely and way toooooooo quiet around here--but I promised myself I would make at least one card today--hoping that will get me out of my slump. As my DH calls it "stamp therapy"

1 of Kota's kids
Old 08-15-2007, 12:07 PM   #403
Insane Embellisher

Hi Everyone! Hope your day is going great! I received some more happy mail yesterday! One ALLLLL the way from Japan!! how cool is that??? Thanks Siobhan it is a beautiful card.... and Rebecca thanks for the lovely card from Fort Irwin CA! I know your weather is lovely!
I just LOVE this!!!!
God bless
Nyoka
Old 08-15-2007, 05:54 PM   #404
Embossing Fanatic

Could someone PM me the most recent updated list?

Thanks!
Old 08-16-2007, 03:12 AM   #405
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmpianoplayrView Post
Could someone PM me the most recent updated list?

Thanks!
PM Kota 48 for updated list.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:15 AM   #406
Stampin' Fool

Default Spreadsheet

Just a reminder if you want a spreadsheet with all the names pm me and I will give my private e-mail. The spreadsheets will be updated monthly. Lana will also let me know of new names and they will be sent to you automatically If you prefer just to get them through this site, pm Kota48 for updates.

For those of you already on the spreadsheet list, I have sent you the new names Lana has provided me.

Dolores
Old 08-16-2007, 10:52 AM   #407
Die Cut Diva

PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!

I have been getting things organized(or so I thought) figured I would start replying to cards I have received--so I dig in my box grab out a hand full of cards I already had made and start writing away, finish up about midnight last night--get up this morning drop the boys at school swing by the PO and drop the cards in the box--get home finish up a few more, figure I can get them done before mailman comes. As I am writing I think"wow that address seems familiar" DUH--it is I sent them a card this morning--so some of you might be getting 2 cards from me and the are probably the same just different colors. Then I think o.k. let me take a break and regroup and start again--only to find I think I might have even sent duplicate cards to others on the list. Man it is not my day--so needless to say I am done with cards for today.
So please forgive me if I sent you 2 cards today and if I sent you the same card that I did last time.
That's what I get for trying to use up my cards I have sitting here collecting dust. no more of that--I'll save those for family--they don't care if they get the same card LOL!!!
I hate when I do dumb things like this BIG DUH FOR ME!!!!!

1 of Kota's kids
Old 08-16-2007, 12:19 PM   #408
Gabfest Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to Julie1

Tara don't be so hard on yourself. It wouldn't bother me in the least to get 2 of the same card, I just like getting happy mail. I sent out some cards today as well. I am really having fun with this group. You ladies have really send out some beautiful cards. thanks
Old 08-16-2007, 02:15 PM   #409
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to lezzels

gee ....... nothing to forgive wouldn't bother me either if I got 2 the same..I like to get the "Happy Mail" too.....
I have printed out the spread sheet and ticking off as I go ...that was a great idea too
Old 08-16-2007, 06:02 PM   #410
Die Cut Diva

I have since printed out the spreadsheet--it is much easier when it is right in front of me then when I had it on the computer!!
Thanks for understanding!!
I was talking to my mom today and told her how dumb I was and she laughed and said "welcome to my world getting old is the pits" (gotta love my mom--finds humor in everything) I said yeah but I am not that old and shouldn't be doing dumb things like that

1 of Kota's kids
Old 08-16-2007, 06:32 PM   #411
Stampin' Fool

Hey two cards of the same are better than no cards. Received more cards in the last serveral days. Thanks Linda B, Marilu, Dee, June and Becki. They were all awesome.

I can't tell you how happy this has made me. The last 6 weeks have been trying and getting these cards has really been a boost. But things are getting easier has DH is improving. The dog has recovered 99% since his eye surgery. The dog is down to only 1 medication which should be done in 2 weeks. Hopefully DH will be able to drive again next week and go back to work in two more weeks .
Old 08-16-2007, 07:33 PM   #412
Kookie Creator

Okay-trying to get caught up on replying back to those of you who sent me letters. I'm enjoying them all-sorry for taking so long to get back to you. School started this week for my 2 oldest so it's been crazy but I think life is settling back in now.
My daughter's doing well (as usual) in her 3rd grade class but we had to switch schools for my son who's in early Kindergarten (October b-day) because there is only 1 early K class at the school down the street and we felt he'd do better at a different school with a different teacher. At the "Meet the Teacher" night, we were told that on the first day of class we were told (verbally and in writing) that we could bring them to the Kindergarten playground at noon and there would be another K class there with an aide watching. His teacher said she'd be there at 12:10 to pick them up and take them to class. Noon-no teacher, no kids, 12:10-still nothing. I saw the teacher go into the office so I knew she was there. 12:20-still nothing. It's 110 degrees out and all these parents are standing outside with their kids so some of us went into the classroom to stay cooler. She walks up at 12:22 and shoos the parents out with no explanation, no apologies, nothing! Many of us were not happy. My DH and I had already been thinking of changing his school to a different one (where my daughter did early K b/c she's an October baby also) but thought we'd give this one a try. Needless, to say, I turned in paperwork to the other school and he started with a different class on Tuesday. He loves it and his teacher is great! She even called me on Tuesday afternoon to tell me what a delight he was! I was surprisingly taken aback! Today was smooth sailing-thank goodness. Now I just need to get my "baby" into preschool in 3 weeks.
So, today I wrote out 5 penpal letters and they will go out tomorrow. I still have 5 left to go before I can start on any new names. I will get there sooner or later, I swear it!

Becca
Old 08-16-2007, 09:37 PM   #413
Polyshrink Goddess

I have sent out 15 cards this week--working on getting more sent out this weekend! Hope you ladies recvd the I sent out l!

I love making cards! It is nice to take a break from everyday stuff and relax the mind by CARDMAKING!!

Old 08-16-2007, 09:51 PM   #414
Kookie Creator

Default thank you for the cards,

Hi Laura, Lana and Dolores,
I received your beautiful cards,
I love the penpal idea, great for inspiration!
I know I will be learning lots from all the talented ladies here!
thanks for thinking about me!
gail w.
san francisco
Old 08-16-2007, 11:39 PM   #415
Cardstock Collector

As a new member to this group and living in australia will this exclude me from being on a pen-pal list!!!! I love doing my cards and never seem to do anything much with them - so they go in my sample albums (notice the plural) because there is only so many family and friends in my life!!! I would love to do this and think it would be nice to learn a little about others too - how do i get me email address to whoever it needs to go to!!! please advise thanks again. Mel
Old 08-16-2007, 11:42 PM   #416
Mad Swapper

I wouldn't mind being a pen pal. Just let me know what I do to start...

Anita
Old 08-17-2007, 12:32 AM   #417
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlr95View Post
As a new member to this group and living in australia will this exclude me from being on a pen-pal list!!!! I love doing my cards and never seem to do anything much with them - so they go in my sample albums (notice the plural) because there is only so many family and friends in my life!!! I would love to do this and think it would be nice to learn a little about others too - how do i get me email address to whoever it needs to go to!!! please advise thanks again. Mel
No problem...there are others who live in Australia on the list! Just PM Kota48 with yoru info (name, address, birthday, SCS name and real name) and she can add you.

We do have an Excel spreadsheet with all of the people listed. If you prefer that format, PM dbrpuppets and she can coordinate getting one sent to you after you sign up with Kota48.

greetingstoinvites: hope this answered your question as well.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:05 AM   #418
Mad Swapper

thanks a bunch!!
Old 08-17-2007, 02:53 AM   #419
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeccaPView Post
Okay-trying to get caught up on replying back to those of you who sent me letters. I'm enjoying them all-sorry for taking so long to get back to you. School started this week for my 2 oldest so it's been crazy but I think life is settling back in now.
My daughter's doing well (as usual) in her 3rd grade class but we had to switch schools for my son who's in early Kindergarten (October b-day) because there is only 1 early K class at the school down the street and we felt he'd do better at a different school with a different teacher. At the "Meet the Teacher" night, we were told that on the first day of class we were told (verbally and in writing) that we could bring them to the Kindergarten playground at noon and there would be another K class there with an aide watching. His teacher said she'd be there at 12:10 to pick them up and take them to class. Noon-no teacher, no kids, 12:10-still nothing. I saw the teacher go into the office so I knew she was there. 12:20-still nothing. It's 110 degrees out and all these parents are standing outside with their kids so some of us went into the classroom to stay cooler. She walks up at 12:22 and shoos the parents out with no explanation, no apologies, nothing! Many of us were not happy. My DH and I had already been thinking of changing his school to a different one (where my daughter did early K b/c she's an October baby also) but thought we'd give this one a try. Needless, to say, I turned in paperwork to the other school and he started with a different class on Tuesday. He loves it and his teacher is great! She even called me on Tuesday afternoon to tell me what a delight he was! I was surprisingly taken aback! Today was smooth sailing-thank goodness. Now I just need to get my "baby" into preschool in 3 weeks.
So, today I wrote out 5 penpal letters and they will go out tomorrow. I still have 5 left to go before I can start on any new names. I will get there sooner or later, I swear it!

Becca
I pm you.

Dolores
Old 08-17-2007, 02:56 AM   #420
Rubber Obsessor

Good Morning Everyone,

Well, I think I got my cp fixed, Took it to a cp guy here in town and my power thingy was bad and I was running out of mem. Took him about 2 hours and had it home. Great guy and only cost me 209.00.

I have had some ladies join and tried to pm them the list, well can't pm the list any more. It said it is to many words, so will have to send it in an e-mail. So anyone that wants to join or get an update please send me your info in an e-mail so I will have your e-mail address to sent it to you.

More beautiful cards received this week, what an up lift. Sure makes the days a lot better. Thank you all so much for the cards. I just love this. And I also don't mind a bit if I get 2 of the same cards. I was having a hard time trying to remember what card I sent to who and decides to scan all my cards then I print them out and write the names on each card. Works great.

Well, got to go wake HB and get him off to work, have a great day and happy stamping.

e-mail address [email protected]
Lana
Old 08-17-2007, 03:21 AM   #421
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kota48View Post
Good Morning Everyone,
I have had some ladies join and tried to pm them the list, well can't pm the list any more. It said it is to many words, so will have to send it in an e-mail. So anyone that wants to join or get an update please send me your info in an e-mail so I will have your e-mail address to sent it to you.

More beautiful cards received this week, what an up lift. Sure makes the days a lot better. Thank you all so much for the cards. I just love this. And I also don't mind a bit if I get 2 of the same cards. I was having a hard time trying to remember what card I sent to who and decides to scan all my cards then I print them out and write the names on each card. Works great.
e-mail address [email protected]
Lana
Morning Lana,
Just wanted to give you a suggestion you could copy and paste half the pp list into 2 seperate pms if there are those that would want it sent on here and that way you wouldn't be over the character amt.
Hope you have a great day
Old 08-17-2007, 04:21 AM   #422
Rubber Obsessor

Good Morning Carrie

That would work, Thanks for the suggestion.

Lana
Old 08-17-2007, 05:18 AM   #423
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to lezzels

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlr95View Post
hiya mel hey Im in queensland and I have been sending and recieving so its not a prob welcome aboard
Old 08-17-2007, 01:35 PM   #424
Kookie Creator

Got more cards out in today's mail. I only have 2 left that have been sitting here for a week now. Then I'll be able to start with some new people.

Becca
Old 08-18-2007, 03:38 AM   #425
Stampin' Fool

Got some absolutely stunning cards in the mail from Deb E, Kris D and Karen B, thank you so much.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:44 AM   #426
Die Cut Diva

Hi all!! *waves*

Thanks for allowing me to join even with a hectic schedule.. I promise I will do my best at this. So please in advance forgive me if I'm a bit behind. I am right now on a project of doing 100 invites for my nieces wedding. Not sure I should have started that with my work load.. BUTTTTTTTTTTTT this was our gift to her.. I told her tired of buying presents.. LOL She will kill me if she ever saw that!

Please someone if they could.. refresh my blonde memory about the "1st" card to go out.. Just a little note to say a little about me??

Again thanks ya'll!!

Fran
Old 08-18-2007, 03:45 AM   #427
Die Cut Diva

PS... I'm fairly new at this so be warned mine may not be like the Dirty Doz.. LOL
Old 08-18-2007, 05:04 AM   #428
Rubber Obsessor

Good Morning Everybody,

Just wanted to let you all know I have updated the list again and hopefully sent to everyone that wanted it, but I'm not thinking to straight this morning so pm or e-mail me if I forgot to send to you.
I received 2 more beautiful card yesterday from Pam and Kris, Thanks so much.

Happy Stamping,

Lana
Old 08-18-2007, 05:13 AM   #429
Rubber Obsessor

Forgot to say we now have 72 members. WOW how neat is that.

Lana
Old 08-18-2007, 05:30 AM   #430
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kota48View Post
Forgot to say we now have 72 members. WOW how neat is that.

Lana
Man!!!!!!!!! I will be busy 24/7 trying to catch up! LOL
Old 08-18-2007, 01:45 PM   #431
Rubber Obsessor

Fran,

Don't worry about catching up. It's suppose to be fun, no pressure. We all understand its quite a long list.

Lana
Old 08-18-2007, 06:02 PM   #432
Polyshrink Goddess

Lana--could you PM me an updated list too. Many thanks!!
Old 08-18-2007, 07:04 PM   #433
Stampin' Fool

Hello,

If you have been receiving spreadsheets from me and are an aol account I have bad news. For some reason tonight it rejected the e-mails and kick back to me. Hopefully this is a temporary problem. It was fine yesterday, don't know why it won't work today. Will try again Monday or Tuesday, my daughter is getting her blackbelt tomorrow.

There were three more names added to the list. PM Kota48 if you would like them right away.

Dolores
Old 08-18-2007, 07:18 PM   #434
Polyshrink Goddess

Becca & Tara (neighbors!)-- thank you for the lovely cards today!

Here's the "411" on LOCAL UPCOMING events here in the "VALLEY of the Sun"...if you haven't already heard!

CK Convention coming to the Phx Civic Plaza--Downtown Phx..Sept 14 & 15th. I like attending the Vendor Faire....I don't care much for the Classes they offer. Of course, it's mostly scrapbooking...not really any stamps (except maybe CLEAR ones on a sheet).

I the other Rubber Stamp Expo is Feb 2008 in Downtown Glendale Civic Center.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:46 PM   #435
Stazon Splitcoast

I would love to get in on this as well. I did leave a post earlier and have heard from one person. I would love to hear from two or three more....any takers???

My Gallery http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=25291

I would be delighted if you checked out my blog: http://www.justforfun.typepad.com
Old 08-19-2007, 03:23 AM   #436
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heidi KimmerlyView Post
I would love to get in on this as well. I did leave a post earlier and have heard from one person. I would love to hear from two or three more....any takers???

You need to pm Kota48 with your name,address, birthdate and scs name. She will then pm you the list of all 72 of us.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:23 AM   #437
Stampin' Fool

Default Got it to work:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbrpuppetsView Post
Hello,

If you have been receiving spreadsheets from me and are an aol account I have bad news. For some reason tonight it rejected the e-mails and kick back to me. Hopefully this is a temporary problem. It was fine yesterday, don't know why it won't work today. Will try again Monday or Tuesday, my daughter is getting her blackbelt tomorrow.

There were three more names added to the list. PM Kota48 if you would like them right away.

Dolores
The system let me e-mail you this morning. Have a great day.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:01 AM   #438
Kookie Creator

Hi Siobahn, I got your card yesterday! I can't wait to hear all about Japan, how long will you and your family be there? I have many friends who have travelled there,and they love it! Do you need anything from the states, is it hard for you to get stamping supplies?

Lana, thank you for adding me to your list, can you pm me with pp list also, I have received some cards, and responded; but I should take some initiative and send some out also!
is it required to send out 72 a month?

thanks, gail woo/san francisco
Old 08-19-2007, 10:30 AM   #439
Matboard Maniac

Talking Indiana gal wants 2 or 3 pen pals

Hello ! I am a 39 year old, married Hoosier that would love a couple stamping pen pals in the US.

THANKS !
Old 08-19-2007, 11:26 AM   #440
vdm
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: In the beautiful Sequatchie Valley, Home of the Paper Clip Project - The National Cornbread Festival
Smile Pen Pal

I would like to include myself on a Pen Pal list, if there is one, I really enjoy making cards and would love to exchange some with others. If this is not the right place to see if this is possible, please let me know. vdm
QFTD81.... FS295