Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any one out there a recovering Cricut Forum user?

So, I am just curious, I signed up on these boards awhile ago but don't post as often as I should. I started to miss a lot of my crafting talk with my card making buddies (my favorite paper craft) SO I head over to the Cricut forum and post a handful of cards, then scoot over here and post my cards. So my question is, Did Provocraft finally run everyone off the boards from being to "PC" (a little pun intended of course!) The cards I posted are still on the first page of the card making section, back in the day when everyone was on there it would be on at least the 10th page by now lol. Anyway the reason I stopped going on there was because I was tired of them monitoring every little word, and of course all of the other drama with lawsuits etc, please forgive me if you have all hashed this out here, I may be a little out of the loop. Also any recommendations on a different machine? I am thinking about the Ecraft or Pazzles and would love some insight!
Thanks!
Jayni
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My name is CraftyMel2 and I am a recovering Cricut MB member. I left awhile back but not entirely because of the PC Message Board gestapo but more because of the members themselves. Not all of them, but many of them. I don't have another machine and I rarely use the one that I do have. I prefer punches and dies; for me they are more convenient. I find that this site operates on a much more positive level and the members seem to be more relaxed and friendly. I like happy people!!

Last edited by CraftyMel2; 05-23-2012 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: Typo :)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi CraftyMel2, Thanks for the response, I like happy people too
I think its kind of sad, because I got to know a lot of people there and most of them are now gone, it appears. Well I hope to make some more new friends here, its great to have the inspiration!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2012, 01:03 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

We all know I was on there. ! I can't take the board either. My last straw was the bullying and pure anger hateful issues many of those members have. Then there was the bullying bug guide. We all know that one. I know she was nice to me but I didn't like the way she treated other members.

I left the board because I thought to myself I am a nice girl. I am not a mean girl. Why am I hanging out at a place full of mean girls who mean girl each other?

That board was so lovely back in the day. So many of the girls helped me get through my hardest moments in my life. The loving support and lifelong friendships I will treasure forever. There are still sweet girls over there.

Machines- I own a lot of machines, lol. I have recently packed away most of my machines and I use the Cameo now. It has nothing to do with the Cricut drama's. I just grew as an artist.

I am with Mel I like my die cuts and punches better. I love to hand cut items. I did pack my Cricut away and I actually miss the darn thing. The Cricut was so nice because I could craft where ever I wanted. In front of the TV playing games with my DH, no problem. I just set up my Cricut and go. I can set my Silhouette SD up in front of the TV and use the SD card but she's a fragile machine. I don't like dragging her around.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2012, 04:40 AM   #5  
Inking Addict

I wasn't part of that forum but have read comments about what went on... why do people have to get so nasty?!?

I sold my cricut but I now have a Cameo which I love and would not part with it... I say sell your cricut and cartridges and buy a cameo... their customer service is fantastic and the files you buy are so cheap!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2012, 04:52 PM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks lylacfey and Pink princess, I still do love my cricut and I am very partial to my gypsy, but would like a 2nd machine so that I can buy more cricut cartridges and still use my SCAL, I still have mixed feelings however about contributing to the deliquincy of Provo Craft though, but I think they have dug their own grave. Does anyone have some suggestions on helping me find a niche area on this forum? I used to hang out primarily in the card forum and as far as I can see, other than just uploading cards, there really isn't a specific area for them. Thanks for all the comments
Jayni
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2012, 06:54 PM   #7  
Inking Addict

I left the Cricut forum because I felt that I out grew what they had to offer. It just didn't appeal to me anymore. Maybe its because I have teenagers and didn't need so many cartridges with smiley cupcakes. Plus it was too limiting for me. Of course, I still have the Expression, the personal cricut, countless cartridges etc.

As with any forum, there are always going to be remarks made that are offensive to someone. Some people are just more direct or harsh than others. I'm glad I'm not on that forum anymore
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2012, 12:52 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayniView Post
Thanks lylacfey and Pink princess, I still do love my cricut and I am very partial to my gypsy, but would like a 2nd machine so that I can buy more cricut cartridges and still use my SCAL, I still have mixed feelings however about contributing to the deliquincy of Provo Craft though, but I think they have dug their own grave. Does anyone have some suggestions on helping me find a niche area on this forum? I used to hang out primarily in the card forum and as far as I can see, other than just uploading cards, there really isn't a specific area for them. Thanks for all the comments
Jayni
I hope the new CEO gets PC out of their grave. He seems to be a quiet man who wants to run a quiet company. I think PC needs that now. I have liked PC products for years even before the Cricut was a thought. PC will never ever be at the top of their game again but I think in a few years they will be steady.

I do know how you feel about contributing to PC. I am growing as an artist and I do think I am outgrowing my Cricut. I do know when I buy a cartridge I get this feeling "What is PC going to do next?" I do own over a hundred cartridges. When I tell people that they actually gasp or eyes bulge out of their head look, lol. I started on the Cricut the year it came out. I think I had my Cricut two months after it hit Michael's. I was already posting on the Cricut board before I had my machine. I have gotten a lot of my cartridges free or as a gifts. I took advantage of amazing sales & Ebay. I buy only six cartridges a year now at the most. Every time I do Cricut pulls a stunt. It's the worst timing in the world, lol.

It took me awhile to find my niche on the board. I usually hang out in Stamping Stuff: Announcements, General Stamping Talk, Mission Organization, Tool & Product Talk, Techniques & Download.

Have you looked at the Eclips by Sizzix? It's a really nice machine with good steady reviews. SCAL has partnered with Sizzix for a Sizzix version of SCAL. It seems like everyone is happy with the machine.

Last edited by lylacfey; 05-25-2012 at 12:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2012, 07:53 AM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
I hope the new CEO gets PC out of their grave. He seems to be a quiet man who wants to run a quiet company. I think PC needs that now. I have liked PC products for years even before the Cricut was a thought. PC will never ever be at the top of their game again but I think in a few years they will be steady.

I do know how you feel about contributing to PC. I am growing as an artist and I do think I am outgrowing my Cricut. I do know when I buy a cartridge I get this feeling "What is PC going to do next?" I do own over a hundred cartridges. When I tell people that they actually gasp or eyes bulge out of their head look, lol. I started on the Cricut the year it came out. I think I had my Cricut two months after it hit Michael's. I was already posting on the Cricut board before I had my machine. I have gotten a lot of my cartridges free or as a gifts. I took advantage of amazing sales & Ebay. I buy only six cartridges a year now at the most. Every time I do Cricut pulls a stunt. It's the worst timing in the world, lol.

It took me awhile to find my niche on the board. I usually hang out in Stamping Stuff: Announcements, General Stamping Talk, Mission Organization, Tool & Product Talk, Techniques & Download.

Have you looked at the Eclips by Sizzix? It's a really nice machine with good steady reviews. SCAL has partnered with Sizzix for a Sizzix version of SCAL. It seems like everyone is happy with the machine.
LOL I own over 50 cartridges as well, but stopped buying them when they pursued lawsuits over MTC and SCAL. I haven't purchased a single Cricut product for over a year (except to use up my large # of rewards) I was curious when you said new CEO, but it seems BOA still owns the majority of PC, unfortunately. I got ill all over again when I googled recent news, to see they have yet another lawsuit against MTC as of FEB 2012 and another laundry list of bad deeds I wasn't aware of. Apparently they aren't learning! I was getting an itch to buy some cartridges, but I can say that itch is now gone, so I will continue to use my machine as is and pursue a new and better machine. I will probably never fully give up my Cricut and Gypsy, but I think they have enough of my money! Not to mention, I am started to get more in depth with SCAL as well and do find that there is more there as an artist also. I like the simplicity of my Cricut but find myself moving away from the carts more and more. DeeAnn I don't know if I remember you from the boards, its been so long, but I know people like Jeannie Phillips doesn't even post anymore, so sad. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone better here! Thanks so much for your response and your insight!
Jayni
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2012, 07:57 AM   #10  
Compulsive Stamper

I was on there too! I remember you, lylacfey! Lol! I loved the cricut MB back in the day when it was much livelier. And sometimes it just gets to dramatic or boring. So I rarely go on there anymore. It's sad because I met so many wonderful people on there but a lot of them ended up leaving too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2012, 02:06 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

BOA still holds PC. PC or BOA hired the former Logitech VP for their new CEO. He seems like a good fit for the company with a good solid resume in the finance and tech world.

I missed Jeanie when she stopped posting too. She was a doll.

Steph- I remember you! I missed seeing you too.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #12  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I moved away from the Cricut message board when it changed over to the new message board. I found it more difficult to post pics of my projects and once the Cricut club started, that kind of was it for me. I used to be on the Cricut board everyday. I learned a lot from it. I still have and use my Cricut and there are still a group of us (up to as many as 11 some months)who meet at my house on a monthly basis. We take turns presenting a project, supplying the food for that afternoon and generally have a good, fun and creative time with each other. I don't buy very many cartridges anymore. And when I do get a new machine in the future, I am thinking about the Silhouette Cameo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2012, 01:44 PM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by gailsView Post
I moved away from the Cricut message board when it changed over to the new message board. I found it more difficult to post pics of my projects and once the Cricut club started, that kind of was it for me. I used to be on the Cricut board everyday. I learned a lot from it. I still have and use my Cricut and there are still a group of us (up to as many as 11 some months)who meet at my house on a monthly basis. We take turns presenting a project, supplying the food for that afternoon and generally have a good, fun and creative time with each other. I don't buy very many cartridges anymore. And when I do get a new machine in the future, I am thinking about the Silhouette Cameo.
Thanks gails
I've posted a couple things on there recently, and I have to say it is a little more difficult, also it seems like the board still fussy and constantly on the fritz, so that is frustrating when you can't log on lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2012, 04:15 PM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

LOL I am still on there (mostly only for my swaps I host) but I have to agree, a lot of the "original" people are gone. I get so tired of the hanging waiting for the page to load, and for the many error messages. And also why can't I "post for another 5 seconds"????
Reply With Quote Likes