Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-24-2005, 03:39 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Default Any great stamp stores near Rochester/Owatonna, MN?

I'll be heading to MN next week and would love to go shopping for stamps! If you know of any great places in this area, please let me know!!

Gina
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-24-2005, 04:41 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default House of the Crafty Mouse

it's in the Miracle Mile shopping center, which is near St. Mary's hospital. It's right off Hwy 52.

I just checked it out the other day. They have lots of cute accessories, and really good variety of stamps, papers... I think it's a bit pricey, compared to Stampin' Up, but then it depends on what you're making. You can buy individual sheets of cardstock for .40 each - that's double the Stampin' Up price. But if you only need one sheet, then it works out cheaper (because you have to buy a whole pack with Stampin' Up)

They do have a lot of nice card samples around the stamping and scrapping room.

I don't know of any others, apart from the big chains: Hobby Lobby, Michael's and JoAnn's.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:58 AM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

VIP just moved to a new location. They have a ton of papers and SB stuff. A lot of the *new*stuff. It is across Hwy 52 from the Apache Mall. In the same complex as TJ Maxx and Old Country Buffett.

HTH
Old 05-24-2005, 06:02 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

The Medford Outlet mall has a an awesome store called Remember When. They opened less than a year ago and I thought the store was big then. They have just moved down a little bit and DOUBLED their space. I haven't had time to go back since they moved, but am hoping to maybe be able to today. The staff is really nice there, too!
Old 05-24-2005, 06:07 AM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Thanks for posting this thread. I didn't know VIP had moved and would have had heart failure the next time I went to Rochester and saw it wasn't there! Oh, I jus remembered, Tri-M Graphics in Owatonna has a lot of stamps and scrapbook suppplies also. It's located across from Jaycee Park and The Bottle Shoppe. Remmber When is more for scrapbooking, but they have a HUGE selection of paper. I'm in love with the Basic Grey collection.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:27 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Another store stamping and scrapbooking store in Rochester is Scraps of Time. They are located near the intersection of Broadway (HWY 63N) and 37th St NE. They carry a small selection of Hero Arts Stamps and Stamps by Judith. It's a great scrapbooking store.

About 25 south of Rochester is a great stamping store called Valley Heritage. It is located on the south side of the highway as you head into town. They are also connected to a quilt shop if that interests you. Valley Heritage has a huge variety of stamps and almost all of the Hero Arts line. They also have great prices on cardstock and stamps. I love it!
HTH
Leslie in MN
Old 05-24-2005, 06:44 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

I had no idea there were so many stores here! I've only been here a year and a half, but still!
Old 05-24-2005, 06:56 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

My mom lives in Rochester and she LOVES The House of the Crafty Mouse...I've never been there, but she goes there A LOT!!
Old 05-24-2005, 07:17 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Wow I cannot believe all the the posts. I am just outside Rochester. I think everything has been listed. Cannon Falls MN has a neat Stamping store. in their mall and Zumbrota also has a stamp store. she has some neat items.

Old 05-24-2005, 05:54 PM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

Wow guys! Thanks so much!! I can't wait to get up there!! We don't have ANY stamping stores where I live and have to drive over 4 hours to get to one! I'm so glad they have so many up there!!

Thanks again!
Old 05-24-2005, 06:21 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm located about an hour east of Rochester, MN in LaCrosse, WI. Too bad you weren't coming this far, we have a great store in downtown LaCrosse called Stamp 'n Hand.
I've been to the House of the Crafty Mouse, VIP scrapbooks and Scraps of Time....in my opinion the Crafty Mouse is the best place to shop for stamping supplies.. however I haven't seen the new VIP Scrapbook store, yet!
Next time I'm up that way I'll have to look for Valley Heritage.. my mom likes to quilt so that sounds liks a good stop for us.

Robin
Old 05-24-2005, 06:58 PM   #12  
mg
Matboard Maniac

Crafty Mouse is good in Rochester, the owner in Cannon Falls is great about ideas and helping, there is a very nice store in Winona called Stamp a Latte' in the mall and a great scrapbooking store by Culvers as you come in on Highway 61 called Scrappers Haven. The Stamp N Hand in LaCrosse has tons of stamps, accessories and ideas. I think better than the Crafty Mouse. Would you please e-mail me more exact directions for Valley Heritage? [email protected]
Old 05-24-2005, 07:43 PM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh, I'm glad I found this thread! My son goes to school in Owatonna. I grew up in the Rochester/ Pine Island area and live on the other side of LaCrosse so all of these great stores are within my reach.
Thanks!
Debbi~SU Demo~SCS#6378
~My Gallery~My SUO Blog~
Mother to 6 and Grandmother to Katie- 7/31/09 & Kyle-12/6/12

Old 05-25-2005, 05:36 PM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

I guess I'll have to take an extra day and drive to Lacrosse!! First I better work some overtime though, so I have plenty of money!!!

Thanks to all who posted!
Old 05-26-2005, 05:20 AM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

mg - I sent you an email with the directions, hope they help!
Leslie in MN
Old 05-26-2005, 06:00 AM   #16  
Mad Swapper

Smile Stores

Wow, there are so many stores around Rochester. All my sister ever takes me to are quilt shops! Next time I go up to see her, I'll have a list of places from this thread. She did tell me about the Stamp a Latte in Winona. Never told me squat about stamp stores in Rochester! I'll have to send her the list, too. Birthday and Christmas are coming up.

I was going to write these down, but just blocked and copied every little bit about a store and pasted it into an e-mail to myself! Love that control C.

Last edited by kathynruss; 05-26-2005 at 06:08 AM.. Reason: Thought of something else