Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-20-2004, 05:30 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Sellabration question

Just curious...If I was to host a workshop during Sellabration...I would get the hostess sets for whatever amount was sold AND I would get free Sellabration sets for every $50 I spend...not for every $50 made at the workshop right? I know the latter is too good to be true but it doesnt hurt to wish!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 05:34 AM   #2  
Forum Fanatic

Correct, you only get the SAB sets for your dollar amount. Other attendees get their sets based on their purchases.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 05:45 AM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Last year, I believe hostesses got a free Sellabration set for every $300 in sales....so $300, $600, etc. Plus hostesses can place their own $50 orders to get a free set and bump up their party totals.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 05:48 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

thanks for the feedback...the reason I'm asking is b/c I'm trying to decide whether to have a workshop now, (by the end of the month) or wait until after the first of the year...not sure which will be a better incentive...sellabration sets or buying stuff for the holidays...I really cant do both (although that would be nice ) b/c its hard to get people around here to come to one let alone two!! The other drawbacks to having it now are: we leave for Disney (DD's first time) in three weeks, Halloween, minor surgery on my arm (not my stamping one!) and my basement is in the process of being finished...but if I have it by the end of the month it will help my demo who is teetering on the edge of being pending and inactive...I've only hosted one workshop and it was a struggle to get people here, but I've been to several (different demo) and I admit it....I want some FREE stamps!!!!!
Any suggestions?
Cathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 05:54 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamper-c
thanks for the feedback...the reason I'm asking is b/c I'm trying to decide whether to have a workshop now, (by the end of the month) or wait until after the first of the year...
From my limited experience, you'll get more sales and more free stuff during SAB. First, there's the SAB incentives for you and your guests to buy $50 worth of stamps and toys, plus any added stamp sets for hosting!

If you want a "quick fix" you can always place a small order with your demo to hold you over until January or February
Heather, proud SCS member #132
Gallery
- Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 05:54 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

How about having a workshop now and doing a book party during Sell-a-bration? Only have the workshop now if it doesn't stress you out too much. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. In order to have a good workshop you are going to need to talk it up with your guests, get them excited, and do some follow up calls. If you don't have the time to do that right now I would suggest waiting until you do.

Good luck with your decision.

Kathleen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 06:00 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks...I know I should wait...I'm always overextending myself and it is short notice...the party would have to be next Thurs (10/29)...most of the people attending are friends of a friend...The other thought was to have a book party NOW and then have the workshop during SAB...might make more sense...A few could place orders hopefully to keep my demo afloat and then once the holidays are over be ready to start spending on themselves again!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 06:02 AM   #8  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

If you want to get the MOST free stuff, have your workshop during Sellabration definitely. Your guests will more likely spend the $50 bucks to get a free set and your workshop total will be higher which=more stuff for you. Be sure to talk your party up big time to all your friends and family, set the date and have them mark it on their calendars now. Then keep reminding them in December so they won't forget.

And as mentioned before, maybe place a small order for some must have xmas supplies......maybe you could work a deal with your demonstrator....offer to put in a $75 order if she'll put in $75 bucks to make a book party. She gets the free set and you get the hostess bucks. This might help her out if she's needing the sales.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 06:04 AM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Considering your situation, the book party now does make more sense. It would be tough to get a party together by next week. As an added incentive, your guests can get the 2005 Stampin' Up! calendar for free with a $75 purchase. They can also purchase the Hope Is set for $17.95. $2 of that goes towards breast cancer research.

Good luck.

Kathleen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 07:41 AM   #10  
Embossing Fanatic

Wow, I am so glad I saw this topic. I was not even aware that SAB started next year. I just became a stamper this April. I was planning on hosting a party by the end of the year but now I will wait so my guests can get free stuff and I can too! Yeah, I would just do the book party and plan to have a New Year Stampin Party in Jan. For me, I want some flower stamps but I don't want them in the winter. So, I was planning on ordering them in the spring anyway!
Reply With Quote Likes