Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-20-2019, 01:50 AM   #81
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolfView Post
PikkuLilla, I've reported it. In the side box with our names in, you'll see a little box with 'on' and a star? Click on the star, and it will take you to a 'Report' box.
op

Hi Shaz, thanks! I'm on the mobile site on my phone and couldn't see that option
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-20-2019, 08:07 AM   #82
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

They do get read but, there is such a list of things to work through, I do not know what the wait time would be for fixing/removing.

(and keep in mind a whole lot of this site is run by human volunteers in global time zones)

My Blog
Old 07-20-2019, 08:44 AM   #83
Glitter Guru

I understand. I was a volunteer moderator on a large community forum for a manufacturer. We basically worked out loose coverage times and had to respond within a time frame. If we didn’t, the members would be on us like lint on an old suit. It wasn’t quite as polite as here.
JBgreendawn likes this post.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:47 PM   #84
Pearl-ExPert

I'm having trouble with pins I click on masquerading as legit, but when you click on them, they take you to alternative sites or adware. I don't want a bunch of garbage getting on my computer, and it annoys me when I am searching for something specific and these trick me! If I click on a card, etc, I want to go to that site to see the card. Sometimes they start to go to that site, then divert to another site of junk.
If the message "Was this helpful?" pops up, I click No. Maybe that lets them know it isn't legit; I don't know.
Old 07-21-2019, 09:16 PM   #85
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Rubber Room Resident

I have been wondering about this with Pinterest and other sites lately as well. I realize that all of the free social media sites rely on advertising for their bread and butter but it all gets to be too much noise. Maybe all of the recipe sites I have been looking at have spurred some of the Shapermint or Spanx ads that have been popping up. Who knows? Most of the ads are out there and not something I would be remotely interested in, others seems to track recent purchases which kind of creeps me out. It's like an episode of Black Mirror.
I also get at least two or three requests per week asking to send a message from various strange men. What the heck? Dudes, this is Pinterest, not Tinder. I don't know how to report it but just follow my do not engage, just delete policy.

Joanne

www.sleepyinseattle.net
hoptownracer1 likes this post.
Old 07-27-2019, 10:56 AM   #86
Pearl-ExPert

Wow every time I look at pinterest, it's worse -- more and more ads.
I think I'll go back to my old method of just bookmarking stuff I want to save LOL.
shazsilverwolf likes this post.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:55 AM   #87
Die Cut Diva

I'll admit I used to use Pinterest at least daily, but it's become terrible. Too many ads from things I've never shown any interest in, and heaven help you if you search for something, it's all you'll see for weeks. I once searched for Quiche recipes, and I swear my feed was 90% recipes for weeks afterwards. Changes they've made are killing what used to be a great idea. I maybe pop in once a week now, if that.

Last edited by shazsilverwolf; 07-28-2019 at 03:55 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 07-29-2019, 05:07 AM   #88
Rubber Obsessor

I still use it as I can tolerate the ads, mostly. It is actually promoting some brush pens at the moment, I think thats the first ad I've seen on it that has been something I might be interested in. I would actually be prepared to pay a modest subscription to have pinterest ad-free.