Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-22-2004, 08:09 AM   #41
Crimping Master

Default Coffee Filters

Not very exciting, but I use coffee filters for catching embossing powder, glitter, etc. when pouring them over my projects. The powder doesn't stick to the filter material and the creases make it very easy to funnel the excess back into the jar!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-24-2004, 09:48 AM   #42
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by jess_witty
Not very exciting, but I use coffee filters for catching embossing powder, glitter, etc. when pouring them over my projects. The powder doesn't stick to the filter material and the creases make it very easy to funnel the excess back into the jar!
I love this idea! I have a whole stack of coffee filters left over from an old pot that don't fit the new pot. I knew there HAD to be a craft use for them (besides the clothespin-butterfly thing). Can't wait to try this.

I'm also excited about using the drywall tape and plastic scrubbies.

When we were at the Grapevine meet, one of the presenters said for non-archival stuff, carpet tape is a great, cheap alternative for something. Double-stick maybe.

Denise
Old 08-24-2004, 10:51 AM   #43
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Coffee filters

Make great backgrounds for decoupage pieces. I stamped a love definition on one, then applied it to an altered Altoid tin. It looked a little like tissue paper. Nice effect.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:47 PM   #44
Glitter Guru

Default aluminum foil for heat embossing

I read this tip on here somewhere and had a light bulb moment lol! I found a piece of oak tagboard that I had, (very heavy cardstock, not quite cardboard). I covered it in aluminum foil and taped it down with clear packing tape. I use this now for putting my pieces on when heat embossing. The aluminum foil heats the paper *MUCH* quicker and I don't get a hot desk from heating the papers up. I keep a closepin close at hand for smaller pieces to hold them down to the board. It heats both sides of the paper at once. I know that this is not much of a tip, but it sure has helped me!

Lisa M.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:03 PM   #45
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

we have books (somewhere in this house) called Kids Concoctions (sp) In that it had the dryer lint clay but not paper.. It has neat ideas for kids to use everyday items to make things.
SCS member #735