Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-27-2008, 01:41 PM   #81
Die Cut Diva

I used mine today, and all the checkers were excited, because it was the first one they'd seen. They knew to expect them.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:12 PM   #82
Glitter Queen

i used mine today also!! no problem! she said "oh boy...instead of coupons we get to hold sheets of paper now....great!" isn't their customer service amazing!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-27-2008, 03:03 PM   #83
Polyshrink Goddess

I didn't read thru all the post so this may be old news now! I went into work this morning and we were informed of the online coupons. My manager said that there was about 90,000 people that were included in the "test". So if you haven't recieved it yet you probably won't. If the sales associate doesn't take it then tell him/her to get the manager and they should have no problem accepting it. One of the coupons out there also is for beading only. So they have a couple out right now! I am not sure how long the "test" is for, or how long it will be before we start implementing it on a regular basis though. Most stores should also be doing a zip code survey that will help us with sending out coupons in the future. HTH!
-----
Caren
Old 02-27-2008, 03:31 PM   #84
Kookie Creator

I used mine today with no problem. now to think of another reason to run to the big city again. snort!

it's gonna be a good day tater! ~ Ron White
Old 02-27-2008, 03:59 PM   #85
Crimping Master

I tried to use mine today. The cashier said "We don't take online coupons, but I will give you the discount anyway". I told her it was their coupon and it was a test thing and she said she hadn't heard anything about it. The girl next to her pulled out the memo with test the information, but the cashier said she would read it when she had time. So at least somebody there knew about it, just not the cashier. Oh well!
Old 02-27-2008, 04:33 PM   #86
Polyshrink Goddess

I was able to use mine today and I bought my kids the cuttlekids. Unfortunately, the cashier was so excited to see the coupon that she left me at the register and went to all the other cashiers to show them the coupon. She made a big deal about it and they all had a good look at me so I doubt I'll be able to use it again
Old 02-27-2008, 04:43 PM   #87
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarensCreations View Post
I didn't read thru all the post so this may be old news now! I went into work this morning and we were informed of the online coupons. My manager said that there was about 90,000 people that were included in the "test". So if you haven't recieved it yet you probably won't. If the sales associate doesn't take it then tell him/her to get the manager and they should have no problem accepting it. One of the coupons out there also is for beading only. So they have a couple out right now! I am not sure how long the "test" is for, or how long it will be before we start implementing it on a regular basis though. Most stores should also be doing a zip code survey that will help us with sending out coupons in the future. HTH!
-----
Caren

I didn't get the online coupon, but that' fine.
However, my store has been doing the zip code survey for a long time. It seems like a couple of years I've been giving them my zip code.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:15 PM   #88
Matboard Maniac

Printed it our in black and white, and just got back from using it successfully in our local Michaels....no questions asked either.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:23 PM   #89
Die Cut Diva

I printed it out again and used it again today. This time the (different) cashier just said "Oh, cool!" and scanned it like it was old news.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:53 PM   #90
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiscrapper View Post
I was able to use mine today and I bought my kids the cuttlekids. Unfortunately, the cashier was so excited to see the coupon that she left me at the register and went to all the other cashiers to show them the coupon. She made a big deal about it and they all had a good look at me so I doubt I'll be able to use it again

LOL! Sounds exactly like what happened to me.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:51 PM   #91
Die Cut Diva

Thanks for the info and coupon, ladies! I am hoping to make to Mike's on Fri!
Old 02-27-2008, 10:40 PM   #92
Crimping Master

Michaels Coupon Policy

Michaels coupons are only available in the advertisement inserted in participating local newspapers. They are not available via the Internet or in-store.

This is all I could find regarding coupons. So where is everyone finding theirs.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:49 PM   #93
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ4417 View Post
Michaels Coupon Policy

Michaels coupons are only available in the advertisement inserted in participating local newspapers. They are not available via the Internet or in-store.

This is all I could find regarding coupons. So where is everyone finding theirs.
There is a link at the beginning of this thread.... Only a select few got it via email through a test Michael's is conducting. Apparently they are trying to see if on-line coupons is the way to go for them.....Obviously IT IS! So hopefully the test will have good results! You should be able to print out the coupon at the beginning of the threat and use it...if you have any problems with the cashier, you are supposed to ask for the manager! Good luck and happy shopping!
Old 02-28-2008, 07:46 AM   #94
Chat Box Chicks Good Girl

i printed one and used it this morning. She just read it and scanned it. No questions asked!
Old 02-28-2008, 07:51 AM   #95
Embossing Fanatic

I used the one I found here yesterday at my Michaels but the cashier was not happy about it. She told me they only take newspaper couplons and that she would let me use it this time, but that they do not normally take them. I basically told her to give me my discount and take up any problems she had with it with her manager. I mean, it scanned, it's not like it was fraudulant or anything! I'm just happy I got to use it and bought a Stamp-A-Majig with it!!
Old 02-28-2008, 09:04 AM   #96
Pearl-ExPert

I used mine today at a Michael's in Canada. The cashier called the manager to see if she was allowed to honour the coupon since it was printed at home and the manager said it was allowed, so I got the discount.

Hijack: while I was there I got some Martha Stewart vellum and wrapping paper for $3 because it was on clearance.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:03 PM   #97
Hardware Hotshot

I am excited to hear that everyone is using their coupons without problems.. I am going to Springfield, MO to use mine on Saturday.. I haven't called the store yet, like I wanted too, but reading here that all is good when everyone is using their coupon, I hope that there won't be any problems.. if there are any fellow SCSer's that used theirs at the Springfield, MO store, please post if you had any issues, good or bad. thanks so much, Pam

Update: I called the store and the cashier said.. if it's printed off the internet we don't accept it, I asked for a manager and she said that she had read an email about it, that they did accept it and that it was an experiment.

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~

Last edited by airbornewife; 02-28-2008 at 03:14 PM..
Old 02-28-2008, 05:38 PM   #98
Mad Swapper

I also printed out the one at the beginning of this thread and used it at my Michael's with no problem.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:52 PM   #99
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornewife View Post
Update: I called the store and the cashier said.. if it's printed off the internet we don't accept it, I asked for a manager and she said that she had read an email about it, that they did accept it and that it was an experiment.

I do not understand the lack of communication!
Old 02-29-2008, 04:14 AM   #100
Compulsive Stamper

Default happy happy

I am so happy to report I reprinted the coupon and took it in again to Mike's in my area. The first lady said "I don't think we accept that one from the computer" Now, me not being a complaining person, . . . . . . . well needless to say THE COUPON WAS ACCETED WHEN I WAS FINISHED and will be from now on.

So I pat's meself on me back and does a little jig right in the store. Of course, they all think I'm looney now, but who cares I got to use the coupon on something good.

Thanks for putting it on here and keep em coming.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:27 AM   #101
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimz1959 View Post
Where do you get them from? I was led to believe Michaels doesn't have coupons online until now, some kind of "test" thing???
That is exactly what I was told just last Friday. She was quite snippy when I asked about flyers and online coupons. I live 2 hours away from the closest one and don't know much about them, and she was very quick to say," nope, we don't have either."
So, what a surprise to see this thread.....thanks!
Old 03-02-2008, 11:20 AM   #102
Glitter Guru

I receive the on-line ad weekly; but mine has never included a coupon. It seems that the paper coupons come every other Sundays and on holiday weekends. I'm love an on-line coupon!!!
Web-site: http://www.stampsbydonna.com
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/jdmeeks
http://www.facebook.com/doglovermeeks
Old 03-02-2008, 12:30 PM   #103
Embossing Fanatic

I am a subscriber to their newsletter but did not receive the coupon via email. I printed the one from the link earlier in this thread and used it yesterday with no problems at all. The cashier looked at it and scanned it with no problems at all. I sure hope the decide to have this available online or through email on a regular basis like Hobby Lobby. I have both in town and work within a 1/2 mile of both stores so I usually print about 4 or 5 of the HL coupons and just keep stopping on my way to/from work to buy one thing at a time!! I'm sure I am saving so much, I can buy even MORE stamp supplies!!!! LOL
Old 03-02-2008, 12:31 PM   #104
Hardware Hotshot

Well.. I went to Springfield yesterday.. there I stood in Michael's.. walking each of the aisles and not finding anything that was screaming "take me home" ~ I was looking for some clear pouches to put cards in and as I was waiting near the register a customer checking out with an $80 flower thing was asking if they had any of the 40% off coupons from the paper, the lady told her that they didn't have an ad that week.. so I reached over to the lady and offered her my coupon.. she was more than happy and thanked me several times, as did her friend.. the cashier scanned it and not a question was asked. I hope that they do it again.. maybe next time I'll find something I can't live without. Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Old 03-02-2008, 07:55 PM   #105
Matboard Maniac

Default Micheals Coupon

I printed off the coupon and went to a Micheals here in Calgary, Alberta and I had no problems, the cashier didn't even question it.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:30 AM   #106
Glitter Queen

Michael's only has an ad 3 out of 4 weeks of the month. (with the exception of a few months here and there).

It is normal if once every 2 months you dont get an ad.
But when this happens there is always a Jo Ann's ad!