Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-05-2004, 08:02 AM   #1
Crimping Master

Default 8.5 x 11 one sheet wonder template?

I am trying to find a one sheet wonder template using a 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper, I am looking to just make cards, or tags...I ahve done a search and got back all of the results but I was wondering if anyone ahd one for use with just cards...thanks for your help...Missy

I now have a gallery!! www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/miss_missy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-05-2004, 08:09 AM   #2
Die Cut Diva

Boy would I love one of those~
Old 11-05-2004, 08:22 AM   #3
Kookie Creator

There's a 12X12 one that can easily be adapted. I don't have the link in front of me, but it was posted under something like "17 cards from one sheet of paper."

HTH

Kate
Old 11-05-2004, 08:37 AM   #4
Pearl-ExPert

It looks like this is an 8.5 x 11...it's from stampgirl710

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...ad.php?id=2381

And here's another one by cookiestamper:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...at=3815&page=2
Old 11-05-2004, 10:20 AM   #5
Die Cut Diva

I'm like Katestamper... I see the questions on this forum and know the answer, but can never find a link to help the person out with it. The other day someone was asking for 6x6 template, which there is, somewhere on this site and one of the members has some great examples to showcase it, but how do you pull up the link, moberkitty? And how do you remember details.

Anyways, to help you, I know that the Special Collections has a gallery of OSW and all the above mentioned templates I think are on there (except the 6x6) .
Cookiestamper has a bookmark and sourcream container included in her template so that's neat!
You asking about tags makes me think we should challenge these ladies to make a template including tag sizes and embellishments to add on, then of course have them take photos of their creations! I don't ask for much do I?! (But don't you agree something like this would be great LOL)
Thanks agin to all ladies giving up their patterns~ this is a favorite technique of mine right now THank you!!
Lala
Old 11-05-2004, 11:12 AM   #6
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lala
but how do you pull up the link, moberkitty? And how do you remember details.

Lala
Lala,
I'm an accounting person by "trade" and therefore retain all the little, silly details. But I remembered there was a special section in the gallery for osw and just looked that up. The templates were there.

I haven't done this technique yet, but am looking forward to playing with it in the near future!
Old 11-05-2004, 11:21 AM   #7
Crimping Master

Moberkitty:

Thanks for the info , I actually had both of these printed but I was looking for something to use more with cards, I did the first one last night which is great but I don't use 8.5 x 11 scrapbooks so I was just hoping for one with use for cards only...I printed the second one today though and I am going to give it a try...thanks for the info...can someone explain the sour cream container to me though, I looked at the pictures and was just not sure about it.

Old 11-05-2004, 12:54 PM   #8
Kookie Creator

I found it!

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...cat=500&page=2

I have no idea if I posted that right, but if it worked...there it is!

To turn that into an 8 1/2 X 11 template, pick 4 of the boxes and cut off 1/2 inch from two sides. (Either top or bottom and one of the sides...I usually stamp first and then cut off the edges that didn't work as well.)

HTH!

Kate
Old 11-05-2004, 02:23 PM   #9
Die Cut Diva

You did great Katestamper. I love this template!

SOur cream pouches: take the rectangle- roll like a toilet paper tube/glue,along the roll edge. then you pinch one end flat to close and then the other end you pinch the other way. Does that make sense?
once you make one you'll think wow how simple! I then crimp the endsfor some finesse. (you put glue all the sides before you roll)
But I was just reading a book of Making attractive wraps ~ and they suggest putting a brad in the end, or a clip. I love this idea, because up to this point, my friends have had to wreck the container to get at the little gift inside. SO now it will be resealable. I use it especially this time of year to give as a wee hostess gift that they can hang on their tree, too!
PS (I use more like a 5x7 rectangle, but the simplicity of this is it works well any size and each size has a different use- made out of vellum the small ones make lovely favours on a wedding table etc)
Old 11-05-2004, 03:26 PM   #10
Stazon Splitcoast

I made that template that is for 12 x 12 but can be used for the 8.5 by 11..it is the one posted above.. I just wanted to add that if you do it with 12 x 12 paper it actually makes 18 cards rather than 17!!! I screwed up on the one triangle and forgot that I threw it away!!! LOL And if you look in my gallery you will see the 17 cards that I did make and can get an idea of how they look!
Old 11-05-2004, 07:11 PM   #11
Kookie Creator

Honestly, Keri, I think that's the best template I've seen, especially for cards. The thing I like best? It's very flexible. If you want more triangle cards...repeat that block. Makes it so easy! The last time I did it I cut all the 5 1/4 X 4 blocks and left a couple for a time when I'm needing something that goes together quickly. I figure I'll cut them down as I need them.

And, as someone who doesn't stamp in her scrapbooks, I love that it converts so easily to 8 1/2 X 11.

Thanks!

Kate
Old 11-06-2004, 04:56 AM   #12
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Kate you are too kind
Old 11-06-2004, 05:30 AM   #13
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Here's a way to easily adapt my template to make it into ALL CARDS:

The bookmark is the same size as card #1, so you can make another one the same.
Instead of the Bag Topper: cut this into 3 strips (1 X 4 1/4) and use like card #5.
Instead of the Sour Cream Container: You can cut this into 6 more strips (1 X 4 1/4) OR cut it into 2 rectangles (3 X 4 1/4) and then cut these diagonally like card #3.

I hope this helps.

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:42 AM   #14
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lala
I was just reading a book of Making attractive wraps ~ and they suggest putting a brad in the end, or a clip. I love this idea, because up to this point, my friends have had to wreck the container to get at the little gift inside. SO now it will be resealable.

When I made mine, I punched holes in the one end and tied them shut with raffia or ribbon. I bet the brads are cute too.

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:52 AM   #15
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by KateStamps
Honestly, Keri, I think that's the best template I've seen, especially for cards. The thing I like best? It's very flexible. If you want more triangle cards...repeat that block. Makes it so easy! The last time I did it I cut all the 5 1/4 X 4 blocks and left a couple for a time when I'm needing something that goes together quickly. I figure I'll cut them down as I need them.

And, as someone who doesn't stamp in her scrapbooks, I love that it converts so easily to 8 1/2 X 11.

Thanks!

Kate
Gee.....I guess I need to look closer at Keri's template....I saw it & liked her cards but I don't use 12 X 12 paper since I haven't scrapbooked (yet! LOL!) I do have a few sheets laying around, though.

Old 11-08-2004, 09:28 AM   #16
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookiestamper
Here's a way to easily adapt my template to make it into ALL CARDS:

The bookmark is the same size as card #1, so you can make another one the same.
Instead of the Bag Topper: cut this into 3 strips (1 X 4 1/4) and use like card #5.
Instead of the Sour Cream Container: You can cut this into 6 more strips (1 X 4 1/4) OR cut it into 2 rectangles (3 X 4 1/4) and then cut these diagonally like card #3.

I hope this helps.
Thanks for the info, that will help alot, it is hard for me to visualize things so that is why I come here for so many ideas..thanks I already ahve your template printed so I will try that..Missy

Old 11-09-2004, 11:59 AM   #17
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Default Re: 8.5 x 11 one sheet wonder template?

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss missy
I am trying to find a one sheet wonder template using a 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper, I am looking to just make cards,
Missy - I've done OSW recently, (as pictured in the Take Ten magazine) and they were all cards. I'll PM you.

my PunchPal Too | my SU! Inventory File | my Tickets Too: shown on my website
my free downloadable calendar templates here
Old 11-09-2004, 12:02 PM   #18
Stazon Splitcoast

Miss Missy if you take my template for the 12x12 and use four of the quadrants on it you will have an 8.5 x 11 OSW...just leave off the bottom line that is 1.5 x 4 three times.... it will leave you with six boxes that if you choose four of them it is 8.5 x 11!!!! You can find that template in my gallery as well as example cards