Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-17-2006, 06:18 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 questions

First, for you SU demos- how long after ordering can I expect my stamps?Not the most patient, and haven't ordered for awhile, and I want my new stuff...

How do I find cards in the gallery specifically for wedding anniversary? Downloaded one of the new backgrounds from site mentioned here, and want to use it but need help...
TIA
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2006, 06:23 AM   #2  
Glitter Queen

I always get mine directly at my house on the 3rd day after I order. If I order on a Monday morning I will have them Wed. afternoon or Thurs at the very latest. I ask before I get started with a demo. If they won't order within 4-5 hours of receiving my order, I find a different demo. Unless you live a long way from SU don't let them tell you it will take 2 weeks. I learned that in that case they are juggliing orders to get the freebies for themselves sometimes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2006, 06:37 AM   #3  
Glitter Guru

It really depends on your location to SLC and whether an item is backordered at all. Techniqually Demos need to wait 3 days after you place an order before they hit submit in case you change your mind. I usually send the money into my account so that I know the funds are available during that time and if they change their mind rewrite them a check for a refund. To the east coast it takes a good week for my orders to come after they are picked and ready to send. You need to remember to that orders at the end of a mini catty aand other high peak times may take longer to process as well. If you need it right away you can pay extra for expedited shipping.

Mindy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2006, 06:39 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmelieSue
I always get mine directly at my house on the 3rd day after I order. If I order on a Monday morning I will have them Wed. afternoon or Thurs at the very latest. I ask before I get started with a demo. If they won't order within 4-5 hours of receiving my order, I find a different demo. Unless you live a long way from SU don't let them tell you it will take 2 weeks. I learned that in that case they are juggliing orders to get the freebies for themselves sometimes.
You must live really close or pay for the faster shipping...I wish I lived closer I hate waiting and $ to tight to expedite.

Mindy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2006, 06:50 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Shipping usually takes 7-10 business days from the day the order was placed. They are shipped from Utah, so the timeframe depends on your distance from them. I'm in Ohio and I typically receive my shipments in the 7 day timeframe.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2006, 07:19 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Delivery time varies depending on a number of factors.

SU! Demos are supposed to wait for three days before closing out an order to give the customers time to make any changes and hostesses time to work on their order. It also takes about that long for the funds to clear the bank so that we can pay SU! for the order when we place it.

Once the order is submitted it can take anywhere between the same day and up to 3-4 days to process and leave SU! depending on what time of month it is and if any specials are running. The first and last of the month are typically a busy time for orders and of course the beginning and ending period of new catalogs and specials are peak times.

Another factor is the distance you live from SU! Unless you pay big bucks for 2nd day delivery, it goes out by UPS ground. You can check the map on the UPS site and find out how long it takes to get to you once it leaves SU! I am in KY and it takes 4-5 business days to get here once it goes out. Remember that they do not deliver on Saturday or Sunday.

Rest assured that SU! Demos will do everything that they can to get your order to you in a timely manner. We understand how exciting it is to get your order in your hands. You may want to ask when you place your order when it will be placed and if it is a busy time at SU!. Once it ships she can let you know that it is on its way and when expected the delivery date is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2006, 07:25 AM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

7 days for me, from order to on my doorstep. I live in the Midwest. (not a demo yet but my demo orders within 10 minutes of me telling her what I want)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2006, 07:26 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

I did a gallery search for wedding anniversary and these are the cards that came up:
Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

When you need to find a certain type of card, just go to the gallery and near the top you will find the word "Search", click on that and a drop down box will appear. Just type in whatever you are looking for and you will be on your way. Hope you find what you need on the link above.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2006, 07:34 AM   #9  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

I sometimes collect orders and place one big workshop order because it saves my customers on shipping. Having items shipped directly to you costs you the minimum of $3.95 even if your order is only for $22 before tax and shipping. I always make sure my customers are aware that I am doing this, however, and offer them the choice...got nothing to do with "juggling"...:rolleyes:

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2006, 07:40 AM   #10  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

This is very unusual. I'm a demo and I can't get my orders that fast unless I pay extra to expedite the order (an extra $20 for 2nd Day or $30 for Next day).

Normally from the time the order gets placed with SU, it's usually 1 day before it leaves SU and then another 4-5 business days until UPS delivers to me. This may vary a day or 2 depending on how busy SU is at the time.

I would say a 10-14 day delivery is more the normal time range to get an order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2006, 07:44 AM   #11  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

A lot of demos will also wait the mandatory 3 days (which is to protect them) should a customer change their mind, or have money troubles. If A customer orders and expects it to be submitted immediately by her demo, and then cancels/or changes her mind, the demo is out the $$$.
Just my .02

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2006, 07:59 AM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurakj
7 days for me, from order to on my doorstep. I live in the Midwest. (not a demo yet but my demo orders within 10 minutes of me telling her what I want)
I do this, too, but only because I'm a hobby demo and only place orders for myself, friends and family. Demos have to wait three days to order unless they are willing to just write it off if someone decides they don't want what they ordered. Also, most demos can't just pay for a workshop order and then hope all the checks clear. Your demo must know you well enough to know that you're trustworthy.

There may be a few demos that try to "juggle" things, but most of us are honestly doing our best to get you your stuff as quickly as we can. If you think it's taking too long I'm sure your demo would be glad to recruit you and then you can order anytime you like! :p

So very blessed and so very thankful.
God is good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2006, 08:48 AM   #13  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I pay her right away thru Paypal so she has the money upfront. I also don't change my mind, once I order it, it's mine to deal with, not my demo's. I personally wait until I'm 100% sure of what I want to order before I place my order. I know I'm not the normal customer, but it works for us
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2006, 08:52 AM   #14  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurakj
Well I pay her right away thru Paypal so she has the money upfront. I also don't change my mind, once I order it, it's mine to deal with, not my demo's. I personally wait until I'm 100% sure of what I want to order before I place my order. I know I'm not the normal customer, but it works for us
That's great! I place orders right way for my regular customers when I'm receiving their orders at my house. However, by law, if one of them changes their mind within the three day period, they can cancel their orders and I am SOL. I've very rarely had a customer do this and then I either simply return the items or use them myself after refunding their money.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2006, 09:00 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

I use the 3-day right to cancel period to make sure that all checks clear the bank and the funds are credited to my account, because I need that money to be able to place the order! I can't afford to eat that cost myself if a check happens to bounce, and if the customer should change her mind and I've already submitted the order, I'm stuck and will have to pay out of my own pocket to mail those items back to SU! and exchange them for something else.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2006, 09:02 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Thanks Jeanette for explaining how to look up a certain category of card, ex: wedding anniversary. I've wondered about this too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2006, 09:04 AM   #17  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Just FYI - just because we may put in an order within hours of recieving it from a customer doesn't mean that the order is going to get pulled and shipped right away...like all mail order companies there can be a delay in shipping from time to time...in order to best serve all customers it is customery to tell our customers that an order can take up to 14 business days to recieve - this allows for extra lee-way should shipping get a little backed up at the distribution center and for the shipment via UPS itself...On the East Coast it takes a FULL seven days from the time the order is shipped (which on a normal non busy period can take up to 48 hours from the time I place the order) to arrive on my doorstep when I place an order.
One of the biggest factors in ordering is the 3 day waiting period - I know many of my customers very well and don't hesitate to place their order right away - but for someone I don't know to well I am going to make sure payment is cleared before placing thier order and depending on thier form of payment that can take a few days.
To the original poster your best bet would be to contact the demo you ordered from and ask her when you can expect the order to arrive since as previous posters stated there are variables in ordering and recieving your items.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2006, 09:09 AM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for all the info regarding ordering from SU. I didn't know about the 3 day waiting period. I have noticed my stuff taking longer than I thought it should, though I've never said anything, now I am content to wait more patiently.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2006, 10:59 AM   #19  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKMom
First, for you SU demos- how long after ordering can I expect my stamps?Not the most patient, and haven't ordered for awhile, and I want my new stuff...

How do I find cards in the gallery specifically for wedding anniversary? Downloaded one of the new backgrounds from site mentioned here, and want to use it but need help...
TIA
You might want to do a search just on anniversary. I found a lot more wedding anniversary cards searching that way: Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Mary Ann

~~ My slowly growing gallery ~~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2006, 11:04 AM   #20  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottiejdavis
Thanks for all the info regarding ordering from SU. I didn't know about the 3 day waiting period. I have noticed my stuff taking longer than I thought it should, though I've never said anything, now I am content to wait more patiently.
The 3-day waiting period is NOT an SU! thing. It's a FEDERAL LAW for all direct sales companies, and certain other types of companies - I know gyms is one of them. (If you go in to check out a gym and they pressure you into signing up, you can go in and cancel within 72 hours.)

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2006, 11:09 AM   #21  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

I'm a hobby demo, my friends and I share the benefits, so we put our heads together, decide when to order, combine the orders, and share maximum benefits.

If one of THEM called me to ask me to order something right away, I would do it and they would have it in 3 days, unless it was end of month and SU! was close.

BUT - that's because (1) my SU! account charges my credit card. (If a demo has it set up to debit an account, she might have to get YOUR money into that account before she can place the order, because SU! takes it right out if that's your set up.), (2) I know them, where they live, and that they won't change their mind, and (3) they are trustworthy. In fact, one gives me cash ahead of time, and tells me to save the extra for her next order.

So YES, in certain specific situations, I can see a special customer getting an order in 3 days from a demo they know well, - oh yeah, also, you have to live close enough, like the west coast. If you live in Maryland, I don't think it'll get there in 3 days unless the customer pays to expedite shipping.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes