Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Is your avatar a picture of you? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/your-avatar-picture-you-231421/)

Vee 03-11-2007 06:48 PM

Yep this is me.

beadfreak22 03-11-2007 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne S
No......it's some lady who's 10 years older and 30lbs heavier than me ;)

HeHeHe!!

Yeah, it's really me - pic taken on Thanksgiving last year.

Donna Cook 03-11-2007 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ORnative
Okay sad story. Mine is of my 15 yr old Siberian Husky that got very sick about 4 weeks ago and we had to put her to sleep about 3 weeks ago!!! I just can't take it off yet. We rescued her about 2 1/2 years ago and fell very much in love with her. We knew we would lose her fairly soon but not like we did. She was quite thin when we got her so the vet said to give her what she wants to eat. She wasn't a big eater but we found things that she liked. So about 4 weeks ago my fiancee' gave her some peanut butter. They would share sometimes (okay, that would gross me out!!!!). Anyway we had some of the Great Value Peanut butter and we had the lot # that was contaminated samonella tainted. Of couse this all came down prior to it coming out in the paper, so my vet (who is awesome!!) had no clue to test for samonella. By the time it came out she just wasn't getting better after antibotics ect. and we related it to the possibility her kidneys were shutting down.

Happy Stampin'

Tina

You should keep your avatar of your puppy, unless it makes you really sad. you can surf scs in his memory everyday. i am so sorry for your loss. Is your fiancee' ok after eating the peanut butter? I know it could effect dog and man differently, especially if your dog was older. We had that lot of peanut butter, too, but we appear to not have had any ill effects. I know that you and your vet did all that you could do for your pup. And I hope you enjoy happy memories.

TruCarMa 03-11-2007 07:36 PM

[QUOTE=ORnative]Okay sad story. Mine is of my 15 yr old Siberian Husky that got very sick about 4 weeks ago and we had to put her to sleep about 3 weeks ago!!! I just can't take it off yet. We rescued her about 2 1/2 years ago and fell very much in love with her. We knew we would lose her fairly soon but not like we did. She was quite thin when we got her so the vet said to give her what she wants to eat. She wasn't a big eater but we found things that she liked. So about 4 weeks ago my fiancee' gave her some peanut butter. They would share sometimes (okay, that would gross me out!!!!). Anyway we had some of the Great Value Peanut butter and we had the lot # that was contaminated samonella tainted. Of couse this all came down prior to it coming out in the paper, so my vet (who is awesome!!) had no clue to test for samonella. By the time it came out she just wasn't getting better after antibotics ect. and we related it to the possibility her kidneys were shutting down.

This was my first avatar picture. There are some pictures of me around but I'll wait a while. It makes me smile to see her(dog) for now. We gave her the best 2 years of her life and that is very special.

{{{hugs}}} to you, Tina!! Your story makes me both proud of you, happy for her to have finally found you, and my heart hurt. Please, please, please -- honor her memory by getting another dog as soon as you are able. So many dogs need an owner like you!

stampincocoa 03-11-2007 07:54 PM

My avatar is the picture DH and i used to put on chocolate bars (they were actually printed on the bar in white) as favors for our wedding (Aug '06). We had a til death do us part wedding theme! My pic is in my profile.

Wendybell 03-11-2007 08:21 PM

Hmmmmm . . . y'all have got me thinking about changing my avatar to a more recent, non-animated version of me! Not quite sure if I want my real face on there, though! I'm with Kittie - I have come to associate people with their avatar. No one will know who I am if I change the picture, right???

I'm with all ya short girls, though! I'm 60" even! My goal in life was to be 5 feet tall. Now that I have accomplished that, what more in life could I want????

artlikefastfood 03-11-2007 08:23 PM

This is a fun thread. My first avatar was of Ralphie from Christmas Story, with a bar of soap in his mouth. I picked that one because I love that movie and because I was trying to quit cussing (which, by the way, did nothing to stop that habit). I got lots of compliments on that one and being the sadist I am, I then posted a picture of my dog, Bama, who was stolen from us in January (who, by the way, is still missing). So now my avatar is of my and my new puppy, Saint Valentine. Can you guess when I got the little sweetie? Don't I have a wonderful husband? My 4 beautiful kids are in my profile picture. Now that I know how to change things around, I will probably do new ones soon.

mrikitty 03-11-2007 08:46 PM

this is a reasonable facismile of me :)

olivia'smom 03-12-2007 04:53 AM

Mine is my daughter. She is much cuter than me. Although this is an older picture (last June).

pigfingers 03-12-2007 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AprilJP
I realized a good reason to have (or not to have, as the case may be) your own picture as your avatar. I was at regionals and as I was walking by a table, someone said "You're from SCS. I recognize you from your picture." So, "Hi Julie 28!" I thought that was pretty cool. So, consider putting a pic of yourself as your avatar....unless you'd prefer people NOT recognize you.:twisted:

I am probably one of the wierd overcautious ones that finds it (for myself) something I would never do, picture of myself or my kids.

pigfingers 03-12-2007 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigfingers
I am probably one of the wierd overcautious ones that finds it (for myself) something I would never do, picture of myself or my kids.

I wish there was an edit button but since not I will quote myself and add to it. I don't add the picture and picture of my kids probably because I personally have had a boyfriend stalk me and the thoughts of having a picture out there really creeps me out. Although he has found me multiple times even having changed my name twice, remarried, moved 5 times, he still manages to find me without my picture or info on the internet, it still is a precaution I take. I also have never submitted any scrapbook pages to magazines because that also creeps me out that I know more about Erin Terrell and her personal life and her daughter Daisy, for example, a scrapbooker that just comes to mind, because I see her so often online and in magazines.

NativeTexan 03-12-2007 08:42 AM

Mine is my alternate personality. ;) I just like to have fun things for my avatar.

GarnetJ 03-12-2007 08:59 AM

Quote:

I enjoy seeing a real face when I'm chatting on SCS but recently we are all beginning to look alike! I had fun creating that facsimile of myself, but will try to find a real (and recent) photo again.

SunshineMama 03-12-2007 09:00 AM

I had a few people recognize me at the RI Regionals back in September because of my avatar. Of course, the dreadlocks give it away, too. ;)

yytx 03-12-2007 09:05 AM

Yup - it's me :) at a conference for work!!

Barbra1224 03-12-2007 02:13 PM

Quote:

You're so silly! Mine is me.. It's called "bathroom self-portrait"

SmurfBE 03-12-2007 03:20 PM

That's not me...I have never won a NASCAR race before, haven't even had on a driver's suit, and certainly have never kissed the bricks at Indianapolis. LOL

stamps&cars 03-12-2007 03:55 PM

Yup, mine is of me with my grandson......not the best shot of me but who cares! It was fun because when I was at the recent OR Rubber Stamp Convention, ORNative recognized me from my picture and asked if I was Ann from SCS. (I did have a name tag with my first name on it) It was fun to meet another SCSer! I've had pets on a couple of times though.

barbcowan 03-12-2007 03:58 PM

No, but I know a lot of people who would attest that Maleficent IS a pretty good representation of me at times :rolleyes:

SassySissy 03-13-2007 10:15 AM

Mine is of me and my two beautiful grandsons - Jarrett and George

StampingV 03-13-2007 10:56 AM

Unless I'm a 26 year old NASCAR driver, then it's not me! Hee Hee!:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

V

sunfaerie 03-13-2007 11:06 AM

Yup, its me and my daughter Alyssa at a friend's wedding when she was only 2 months old. I guess since 9 months now I should update it but its so darn cute! I have a pic of the two of us on my blog that's when she was 5 months old so its not as bad. I'm so often behind the camera I guess I should work on getting more pics of her and I together :)

DisneyDoll 03-13-2007 01:07 PM

It is NOW! And since we're sharing height stories, I'm 5'5�". DH is 6'1" and DD is 12, and already 5'2�"! We're thinking she'll maybe top out @ 5'8".

BUT.....here's a Mutt-n-Jeff story...DH's parents:Dad: 6'7", Mom: 4'11" Sons are 6'1" (DH) and 6'3" (BIL) FIL's brother is 6'5"....so we think it just goes down 2 inches with each male born! Hee, hee!

JulieHRR 03-13-2007 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyDoll
It is NOW! And since we're sharing height stories, I'm 5'5�". DH is 6'1" and DD is 12, and already 5'2�"! We're thinking she'll maybe top out @ 5'8".

BUT.....here's a Mutt-n-Jeff story...DH's parents:Dad: 6'7", Mom: 4'11" Sons are 6'1" (DH) and 6'3" (BIL) FIL's brother is 6'5"....so we think it just goes down 2 inches with each male born! Hee, hee!

MeShella-Bella, I so love putting a face to a name!

I'm so happy to SEE you!!!! :mrgreen:

STAMPINGODDESS 03-13-2007 01:14 PM

Yep, it's me. It's actually a "test" picuture hubby did a couple of years ago to test the lighting, etc for our family Cristmas picture.

JulieHRR 03-13-2007 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbcowan
No, but I know a lot of people who would attest that Maleficent IS a pretty good representation of me at times :rolleyes:

OK, I spewed my cuppa on that one!

BARB!!!! Stinker, you!

look-inkgood 03-13-2007 01:24 PM

Tis me! It's my mother-of-the-groom photo from a year ago February. Notice the soft filter, hiding all those smile lines and crow's feet!

stampwithdiane 03-13-2007 01:30 PM

Oh yeah! Totally me! Captain tightpants to my fans! Where is that thread about famous people who hang out at SCS?

Just kidding. :) I'm not really Nathan Fillion. Sorry! But he is much nicer to look at than a picture of me, so enjoy!

BadSherry 03-13-2007 01:36 PM

Nope, this avatar is of Good Sherry, BadSherry is on the pool table!

redfirekat 03-13-2007 01:47 PM

My avatar

Quote:

Originally Posted by BethanyPaull
I like having a visual of the people I'm "talking" to online.

Agreed. It doesn't matter what you look like--this isn't match.com! SCS members value your creativity and input.

Although, I am available if your son or brother is single . . . ;)

barbcowan 03-13-2007 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
OK, I spewed my cuppa on that one!

BARB!!!! Stinker, you!

:twisted: Hee hee hee! What can I say, honesty rules!!!!!!!!:twisted:

Carole4312 03-13-2007 02:15 PM

Mine is me !

DisneyDoll 03-13-2007 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
MeShella-Bella, I so love putting a face to a name! I'm so happy to SEE you!!!! :mrgreen:

I'm always happy to "see" you too, Julie! I think it IS nice to "know" the people we're talking to! I LOVED that someone said...."It's not Match.com"!

Aimee30 03-13-2007 03:01 PM

I decided to change it to me at least until the end of april so I can meet some of these talented ladies at regionals coming up.

imataloss 03-13-2007 05:51 PM

Yep, that's me.

steubner 03-13-2007 05:59 PM

Ok yall talked me into it...mine was my wrinkly dog. I'll be myself now...

MWDStamp 03-13-2007 06:03 PM

Well, now I am feeling kind of guilty. I need to find someone to take a picture of me and put it out there. I'll see what I can come up with.

Penascodragonfly 03-13-2007 06:25 PM

It's me and I've never posted "me" for anyone. My kids are terribly impressed that I would do it here. I've heard, "Wow mom, you must really like those people!" more than once.

It's true, I've learned tons from you guys in just a few days!

stampinCPA 03-15-2007 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mytime
Well obviously its of my children, but my photo is on my profile. I dont care if people "recognize" me. I think its kinda fun.
I will possibly change it soon. I like when people feature themselves cause then you can put a face with the name.

You are very sneaky missy. :twisted: I guess that was your way of sharing your secret without sharing your secret???

mytime 03-15-2007 12:17 PM

:mrgreen: