Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Are you ready for Ellen Hutson's 131313 sale tomorrow? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/you-ready-ellen-hutsons-131313-sale-tomorrow-268050/)

CMCAnne 07-12-2007 12:15 PM

Are you ready for Ellen Hutson's 131313 sale tomorrow?

What are you going to order tomorrow with her 13% off promotional sale?

I'm so anxious to see the new products ... sets of Copic markers, 36 new Lockhart stamps, pre-orders on the new Spellbinders die sets ... I'm really afraid that I'm not going to be able to make a decision fast enough!

I definitely want some of the new stamps I've seen; I just need to decide how much I'm willing to invest right now in the markers or dies.

What about you, anyone else taking the bite?

Here's the link to Ellen's post about the sale
http://ellenhutson.typepad.com/ellen...131313-v2.html

Stampin' Adventurer 07-12-2007 12:31 PM

I have a tentative list somewhere that has disappeared, but I know that the Copics and Spellbinders pre-order are on it along with ornare templates and some fun flock. I can hardly wait to see the new stamps. I haven't placed my first SU! order yet, so maybe my dh will understand.

Smiles,

MilwaukeeMommy 07-12-2007 05:26 PM

There are a few stamps I really want, but I can't spend too much so that will probably be it. I can drool, though ~~ right??

CMCAnne 07-12-2007 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin' Adventurer (Post 6483209)
I have a tentative list somewhere that has disappeared, but I know that the Copics and Spellbinders pre-order are on it along with ornare templates and some fun flock. I can hardly wait to see the new stamps. I haven't placed my first SU! order yet, so maybe my dh will understand.

Smiles,

OK, Anne, how are you picking your fun flock colors? That's been on my wish list for a while, but I don't know what colors to start with!

I'm dying to see the new stamps ... but I think I'm going to hold off on the Copic markers. I want those Spellbinder dies, and I think I'm going to start with rectangles, then add squares and then ovals to my wish list after that. I'm not much of a circle person. I would love to have some of the other Spellbinder dies, like the buckles and tag dies, but you know what? I don't even own a die cutting machine yet! Big, big decision facing me about whether to splurge on the Wizard or just use my Michaels' coupon and pick up a cuttlebug.

gigi165 07-12-2007 07:00 PM

Hm... copics, stamps, spellbinder dies.. Since both the copic and dies are preorder maybe I'll be able to afford it if they are both deposits, if not I'll probably have to go with one or the other...

For the fun flock, no one seems to have very good pics of them. I bought some last week from EP and they are much brighter in person. Still nice & pretty but not so much like the pics. I got caramel latte, lemonade, pixie pink and snow cone blue.. and they were much different then I expected. Snow cone is definately more teal then it shows and caramel latte a more yellow tan, more like the name then the color in the picture. Lemonade yellow is BRIGHT! Just to warn you think much brighter then the pics

Happy shopping everyone:)

Stampin' Adventurer 07-12-2007 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMCAnne (Post 6486769)
OK, Anne, how are you picking your fun flock colors? That's been on my wish list for a while, but I don't know what colors to start with!

That's a good question. I was thinking maybe a yellow for flower centers, chicks, and possibly the sun; a green for grass and leaves; black possibly for dots on ladybugs, butterfly bodies, bats, spiders, and black cats; and a pink or purple for flowers. Of course, brown would be wonderful for animals and cowboy kid accessories. HTH

Smiles,

gigi165 07-12-2007 07:11 PM

This ebay store has a much more accurate picture of the fun flock colors..

Fun Flock

Stampin' Adventurer 07-12-2007 07:15 PM

Thanks for the link. It helps a bunch!

Smiles,

CMCAnne 07-12-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigi165 (Post 6487708)
This ebay store has a much more accurate picture of the fun flock colors..

Fun Flock

Oh, perfect! Thanks! And you know what I just thought of? With the glue pad, wouldn't it be adorable to stamp a polkadot background and flock the polkadots? I've been dying to get the polka dot background stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms ... now I'm thinking I must get one. I'm excited now, thanks for the ideas gals!

gigi165 07-12-2007 07:24 PM

Now I'll have to get black too after all those great ideas you had for it!

smitty2004 07-13-2007 03:54 AM

my shopping cart is full! merely waiting for the doors *wink* to open!

angelanne21 07-13-2007 04:18 AM

I have a question about the Copic markers. If I buy the two 24-count sets, will those colors coordinate with Stampin' Up colors? I have tried to find the answer on the site, but no luck! Thanks!

gigi165 07-13-2007 04:47 AM

Jeanne S listed all the color matches HERE but these are Caio markers not the sketch that Ellen is selling.. I have neither yet but from what I understood the colors were the same (don't quote me on that) but that there were many more sketch colors. Anyway compared to Jeanne S's list there are some matches but looks like its by coincidence only, I think Ellen has chosen what she feels will give color gradation for shading, not matching to SU>

Hope that helps a little, I know it doesn't really answer your question...

gigi165 07-13-2007 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty2004 (Post 6489813)
my shopping cart is full! merely waiting for the doors *wink* to open!

Well what are you getting.:mrgreen: I want the dies but I have to admit I'm a bit confused on what to get....

angelanne21 07-13-2007 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigi165 (Post 6490240)
Jeanne S listed all the color matches HERE but these are Caio markers not the sketch that Ellen is selling.. I have neither yet but from what I understood the colors were the same (don't quote me on that) but that there were many more sketch colors. Anyway compared to Jeanne S's list there are some matches but looks like its by coincidence only, I think Ellen has chosen what she feels will give color gradation for shading, not matching to SU>

Thanks for the info! I'll probably go ahead and order them anyway! You just can't beat that price, especially today!!

CMCAnne 07-13-2007 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigi165 (Post 6490304)
Well what are you getting.:mrgreen: I want the dies but I have to admit I'm a bit confused on what to get....

I've been sitting on my shopping cart, waiting to see if Ellen is going to add anything else when she gets up this morning. She mentioned in her post that she hadn't completely finished yet.

I have several Lockhart stamps in my basket ... many ones that I've been eyeing a while and some of the new ones. I love the little baby outfits, so I'm getting some of those ... plus the cowgirl boots, tea set, packages, striped lighthouse, and the Italian shoes and sentiment (I'm debating about the blueberry shoes).

I'm also getting the Glue Pad, several colors of Fun Flock, the Palette Hybrid Ink-Noir (I really dislike SU's black); Glaze & Souffle pens that I've been wanting for a while, and the A*muse Polka dot alphas. I think they will be adorable with the flock. It's funny, though, that she carries only one A*muse product!

I don't know if you caught this, but in the die descriptions, Ellen said to order your "preorders" in a separate order from your other products because she holds everything to go out at one time. So that's what I'm doing.

As for the Spellbinders die sets ... oh, this is such a toughie for me. I've been holding off and holding off on buying any diecut systems, but these die sets made the decision for me. BUT (and this is a big "but"...) there are some fairly solid rumors about CM entering the world of die-cut machines. And if that's the case, I gotta wait. Not only from the cost perspective, but it is my business, so I need to promote what we sell. Our convention is just 2-1/2 weeks away...I think I can wait until then!

Suzy_H 07-13-2007 05:40 AM

I love the new Lockhart stamps so much. Plotting my christmas cards already. I am really excited for the new LE one coming out in August!!!

Anna741 07-13-2007 05:50 AM

I just placed a small order (paper, inkpad, stamp), but I'm going to think about placing a pre-order later for a set of the Copics. It looks like Ellen has selected some nice combinations of colors, and the sale makes it a great price. Very tempting...

planet43 07-13-2007 05:18 PM

Geesh! I just placed an order and forgot all about the 13% discount GRRR.

Holly

lilian 07-13-2007 06:43 PM

If you pre-order the spellbinders die set will the 13% off stil apply to the remaining balance or just the deposit??

SkyesMom 07-13-2007 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigi165 (Post 6490240)

They are the same colors just a different style of marker and about half the price.