Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-02-2011, 08:24 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You know your stamping workbench/room is a mess when......

.....Your laptop is on the chair and you're sitting on the floor!!!! :rolleyes:

I'm itching to move on to Valentines but I MUST clean up the christmas mess......anyone else???
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to move all my sewing stuff out into the dining room - just no room left. The chair is loaded with books and on top of the books is a folder which has all my little unmounted stamps. lol. All the sewing space in there is taken over with stuff drying (paint) more books and magazines. My wardrobe space is taken partly by a shelfing unit for more stamping stuff.

my daughter is complaining about the mess in the dining room...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2011, 11:35 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

after cleaning for 3 hrs, at least there is now room for my laptop, all stamps are washed and put away, the scraps are filed color coded, and I THINK I unearthed a kid that I didn't know I had!!! LOL!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 02:00 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

I'm supposed to have room for my laptop ON the bench?! ROTFL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 05:11 AM   #5  
Chat Box Chicks Princess

I've no room on my chair or the floor....and my word I hope I don't find any children in this mess!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 05:16 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

you know it's a mess when your family won't enter until you can declare it a glitter-free zone. They're about to make me put a yellow caution tape across the door.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 05:24 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by StickUpsView Post
you know it's a mess when your family won't enter until you can declare it a glitter-free zone. They're about to make me put a yellow caution tape across the door.
Don't give my DH any ideas .. LOL

Gerry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 07:09 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirrellyshirleyView Post
after cleaning for 3 hrs, at least there is now room for my laptop, all stamps are washed and put away, the scraps are filed color coded, and I THINK I unearthed a kid that I didn't know I had!!! LOL!!!
Nope, not cleaning if there is any chance of finding another kid!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 07:18 AM   #9  
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 393 Likes on 237 Posts

I was going to start organizing my room today, too. However, if there is any chance of finding another kid (or animal = we have three dogs already) I'm not going to! LOL

I've been making a cookbook/scrapbook for my god-daughter. I have paper everywhere! I really can't find half the stuff because it is stacked too high and not in any order!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 08:53 AM   #10  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobbywomanView Post
I've no room on my chair or the floor....and my word I hope I don't find any children in this mess!
Oh my goodness, this deserves a spew alert!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 08:54 AM   #11  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I'm back to working with 8" of workspace on 7ft worth of normally workable table space. There is junk and scraps all over my floor, rolls of gift wrap and tape on my tables and piles of stamps and paper stacks all along the path to my 8" of work space. I also have not a single marker in my caddy...that means that there are 96 markers hidden in the junk. Anyone want to come over and help me clean? I'm pretty sure that there are a few packages of unopened stamps hidden in the mess too *begging on my hands and knees* ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 09:02 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

Wink clean up in progress!!!

Go to my thread "My husband said it's a start":rolleyes: DH been working w/ me for 3 h-day w-ends in my room. full details over there.
This week goal is to make g-dau b-day card,2 start sorting thru a big batch of paper scraps.:confused: 1st i have to get stuff ready to from flat to vertical storage to find my scraps better. I make a lot of GI card so I use a lot of scraps to save on money to make cards.
Plan on taking pic's of this to post on my blog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 09:20 AM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

LOL, I always have to clean off enough space to work! I have a bunch of new stamps to index and put away... and I refuse to put my Christmas gifts in the room until I have time to put them away!

Okay, not time, but energy. I have energy issues. And would rather use the little I have to stamp then clean! Thus the new stickles TLC306 card I just made.... cleaning only enough space to work!

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 09:39 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by blondie090277View Post
I'm back to working with 8" of workspace on 7ft worth of normally workable table space. There is junk and scraps all over my floor, rolls of gift wrap and tape on my tables and piles of stamps and paper stacks all along the path to my 8" of work space. I also have not a single marker in my caddy...that means that there are 96 markers hidden in the junk. Anyone want to come over and help me clean? I'm pretty sure that there are a few packages of unopened stamps hidden in the mess too *begging on my hands and knees* ;)
ROTFL!!!! OH my goodness.......very funny!! And I thought that my workspace was messy only because its sooooo small (converted hall linen closet) but now I see that it really doesn't matter how big of a space we have.....it just gets messy!!

After oogling many of your gorgeous creations in the gallery, I would give my RIGHT arm (and my favorite stamp set) to clean up your "mess" just to see you in action!!!

Happy cleaning everyone!! I'm happy to report that my workbench is so clean that my DH got up this morning and said "What happened to your workbench?" LOL!!!! Even the kids were impressed!! And since its RIGHT there in the hallway there is NO door to HIDE the mess!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 09:53 AM   #15  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 846 Likes on 279 Posts

When you have over 20 feet of work surface and you can't see more than a few inches of clean spots on any of it.

I'm working on getting it reorganized now that the Christmas bazaar/gift making craziness is done.

I do have to say other than a handful of papers and somewhere between 6-12 book/mags (they slid off the table about a month ago) on the floor my floor is relatively clean.

I don't have any missing kids :-)

I'll be able to make real progress tomorrow once they are all back in school. I've got some classes lined up and I think everyone would like to be able to sit down :-) I really need to get it cleaned....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 10:05 AM   #16  
Crimping Master

There's a stack of boxes and stuff on my work table over two feet high. And more boxes and bags surrounding it while I try to switch an old bookcase for a new one. Just so I can make room for a large printer I got for Christmas. I feel like I may never make my way back down to bare desk so I can make any of the projects I'm dreaming up for the current Paper Crafts call.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

cleaned up all christmas stuff this weekend, so ready to work on valentine projects ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 10:22 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by creatingisfunView Post
cleaned up all christmas stuff this weekend, so ready to work on valentine projects ;)
QUDOS!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 11:41 AM   #19  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hubby says he's more afraid to go into my craft room than he is to go into my purse.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #20  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

Why my stamp room is cleaner than it's been in months..

While working my way through a very small path to stamp area
I had a full cup of cofee in one hand and a pumpkin muffin the other. I was wearing bunny slippers that are too big because somewhere in my stamp room are my good slippers. I know I'll find them when I clean my stamp room when I have some time between projects.

All of a sudden I started to trip when I caught my too big bunny slipper on a box of SU catalogs .. ah cr_p! I put down my foot down on a piece of acetate and start to slide across the floor! Oh holy cr_p, this isn't going to be pretty...

All of a sudden the acetate stops against a pile of 12x12 paper that needed to be filed and I started to slowly lean foward thanfully toward my 8' tall counter that is stacked 2' tall with bits of this and that.

I'm frantically looking for a place to put down my cofee while holding on to my pumpkin muffin. I spot the top of the box of ATG tape I haven't put away and quickly set down my cofee mug with just a small drop of coffee on the box top. I held onto the edge of the counter when one hand and held my muffin with the other hand. Whew I just knew I was going to have to clean massive coffee stain on my light tan carpeting that I just had cleaned before Christmas.

I bent down to put on my slipper and my free hand lightly hit the box of ATG tape and in slow motion, my coffee mug started to spill. It hit the tray of alcohol inks, rolling over and dumping itself onto the slab Christmas paper, trickeld down over the extra tags I was saving for next year, and finally stoped at the lovely tissue paper I bought on sale.

As I survey the mess, I gave a little sigh, sat down on the floor and ate my pumpkin muffin.

That's when I decided to clean my stamp room ....

Hope you enjoyed my little story - this didn't really happen but it's something that would have happened to me if I didn't stop to clean so I spent 3 days to clean every nook and cranny. It feels so good to start the new year with a clean room.

BTW - I did loose my slippers and I did eat a pumpkin muffin while sitting on the floor looking at a huge mess.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #21  
Insane Embellisher

Nice to know we all share the same "mess"!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 01:50 PM   #22  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post

I had a full cup of cofee in one hand and a pumpkin muffin the other. I was wearing bunny slippers that are too big because somewhere in my stamp room are my good slippers. I know I'll find them when I clean my stamp room when I have some time between projects.

All of a sudden I started to trip when I caught my too big bunny slipper on a box of SU catalogs .. ah cr_p! I put down my foot down on a piece of acetate and start to slide across the floor! Oh holy cr_p, this isn't going to be pretty...

All of a sudden the acetate stops against a pile of 12x12 paper that needed to be filed and I started to slowly lean foward thanfully toward my 8' tall counter that is stacked 2' tall with bits of this and that.

I'm frantically looking for a place to put down my cofee while holding on to my pumpkin muffin. I spot the top of the box of ATG tape I haven't put away and quickly set down my cofee mug with just a small drop of coffee on the box top. I held onto the edge of the counter when one hand and held my muffin with the other hand. Whew I just knew I was going to have to clean massive coffee stain on my light tan carpeting that I just had cleaned before Christmas.

I bent down to put on my slipper and my free hand lightly hit the box of ATG tape and in slow motion, my coffee mug started to spill. It hit the tray of alcohol inks, rolling over and dumping itself onto the slab Christmas paper, trickeld down over the extra tags I was saving for next year, and finally stoped at the lovely tissue paper I bought on sale.

As I survey the mess, I gave a little sigh, sat down on the floor and ate my pumpkin muffin.

Hope you enjoyed my little story - this didn't really happen but it's something that would have happened to me if I didn't stop to clean so I spent 3 days to clean every nook and cranny. It feels so good to start the new year with a clean room.

BTW - I did loose my slippers and I did eat a pumpkin muffin while sitting on the floor looking at a huge mess.
...and now you know why I have a "strict" rule in my studio, no food or drinks. Ever. lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 01:59 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm laughing so hard my DH had to come see if I was OK!! You need to STOP stamping and become a writer!! your description is like I could see it in my mind!!!! thanks for a good laugh!!!! Still laughing!!

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #24  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

Oh my goodness this is hilarious! I'm glad it didn't really happen to you. This reminds me of when my friend came for a surprise visit and she tripped over a pile of junk on my floor. Boy I was so embarrassed...

I spent some time down here in my craftroom cleaning things up over the weekend. I had several large shipping boxes in my way from Christmas gifts.. I have an old printer stand behind me with my new cricut expression, since I have not made a real home for it. My counter is 8 feet long with about 2feet covered by junk. The rest of the stuff I did manage to put away so that I could make some cards this weekend. Usually I have 12x12 spot available to work on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

you guys are funny.

cleaned over the holidays. 11 bags of trash left my craft room.

what is wrong with us?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 05:58 PM   #26  
Polyshrink Goddess

I feel your pain. My husband let me quit work on August 18th. The 19th was so fabulous. My stamp room was all nice and clean and operation COMMENCE STAMPING began! September 25th was its downfall. My husband surprised me with getting a puppy. We drove from Maryland to North Carolina to get her, only to come home with her and her brother!!! 2 puppies... guess who hasn't stamped since she has had these critters!??!?! And you'll never guess what their favorite chew toy is? .... PAPER!!!! Anything paper... oiy!

So I've slowly introduced them to the stamp room. It has a baby gate on the door typically at all times. It only comes off when I am in there to supervise. The only thing I have not accomplished is the stamping desk surface. Because it's all paper. And when I opened my drawer, I had two very happy and anxious puppies all over the drawer! Waiting for the hubby to man up with some time so I can shut the door and get the room done.

5 months... no stamping in my own room... unless I go to a friends house... or a card class.

Linda "LZ" Zaworski
* Baltimore, MD *
My Facebook Stamping page/group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/221943441186603/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #27  
Polyshrink Goddess

HILARIOUS!!!! Sad... but true. :p

Quote:

Linda "LZ" Zaworski
* Baltimore, MD *
My Facebook Stamping page/group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/221943441186603/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 06:05 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Isn't it the purpose of a scrapbook/craft room to GET messy?
Reply With Quote Likes