Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-02-2008, 05:28 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile My stamping obsession...

Hi! I started stamping about a year or so ago. I've NEVER gotten into a hobby though, except stamping, that seems to have such a "hold" over me. I think about stamping and making cards all the time, it seems! I dearly love the minutes I can steal away from my busy day to stamp, cut cardstock, look through stamping magazines, etc....Is this normal??? I've never even felt the least creative, until now. I know I'm a "newbie" and have much to learn about this craft, but wow...I'm sure enjoying the ride!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 05:38 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I don't know about "normal" but I started stamping 6 years ago and it still has a hold on me. There is just so much to learn and with new products and techniques coming out all the time, this hobby continues to evolve. A big plus for me is that I can enjoy stamping whether I have 15 minutes or hours to sit and play. Glad you discovered this wonderful hobby.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 05:40 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

That's how I feel too. I think because there is always something new to learn, or some new "gotta have" tool or embellishment, it always keeps it fresh. It's better than a lot of things we could be doing, right? That's what I keep telling everyone. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 05:42 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Welcome to the world of stamping. When I first started I would walk around with the SU catty tucked in my arms so that I could look at it every chance I got. Then I started buying everything in sight. Its a great hobby and a good stress releif for me. I don't think this is one hobby I will ever give up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 05:42 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

It is a hobby that I feel the same about and have felt that way for easily 20+ years. While I may get interested in other things...gardening, quilting, soap making, etc...stamping is one hobby that I never tire of and always return to. It is fun collecting supplies and putting things together. Even a few minutes bring a lot of satisfaction for me. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 05:45 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

I think its very normal. Stamping/scrapbooking is so popular these days that even the local stores like Target/Walmart have scrapbooking sections. It makes it very hard to not think about it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 06:08 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

You are very normal, it is people who don't stamp/scrapbook that I question LOL. This is a really fun hobby and you get to create works of art each time you sit down and make a card. If you haven't already started, you might find yourself wakeing up at night, or not being able to go to sleep because you are thinking about ideas for cards and what new toys you need to have, when this happens write your ideas down or even make a sketch of what you are thinking of so you remember it in the morning. Welcome to the world of the normal people here at SCS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 06:30 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

That's what I'm like too. I've been thinking of this a lot recently and part of it is definitely the stamping itself. But I think an even bigger part is the people who stamp. I've never met a more wonderful group of ladies anywhere. In the stamping world, kindness and generousity seem to be the norm. We're all people who like to think of others (that's why we make cards to send them!).... It's certainly not like that in the "real" world where I live and stamping/blogging/reading SCS always give me a nice warm buzz!!!

I figure, hey, that's a good thing, so I go with the addiction!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 06:34 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

I love your quote!!!!! I have it up in my classroom on my bulletin board! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 10:05 AM   #10  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 606 Likes on 248 Posts

I've been stamping since '92 and scrappin' since '98. I felt like I had finally found my true hobbies -- no more dabbling around the craft world. Sometimes I take a little break (like a week or two) then something will inspire me and I get busy again. Me + Stamps = Love Forever. Too bad that is too long for a license plate.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 10:08 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

I positively enjoyed reading your comment ;) I think everyone should have a vice personally I got into scrapbooking back in high school (um, 25+ years ago!) before it was a fad -long before stores existed or places to buy "stuff" could even be found - I made my own! Out of napkins, concert tickets, leaves on the ground! But it really became a true hobby, THERAPY, if you will, after my father's passing 3 years ago. I just emersed myself into stamping - as a newbie - as something to give my mind a new place to go other than grief and you know, it's amazing how it can open doors! I have found lasting friendships, creative outlets and sadly, debt - haha, kidding! - and recommend it to anyone! I still love to scrap my kids and major events at every possible moment but card making has really taken the forefront lately. LOVE YOU SCS! <3

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes