Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   yo yo yellow ? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/yo-yo-yellow-23242/)

dbear 01-09-2005 04:54 PM

yo yo yellow ?

I thought I saw somewhere that the yoyo yellow stamp pad cleans black ink of of stamps. Is this true has anyone tried it? Is it worth purchasing an extra one? You input would be great. :)

Sereikastamper 01-09-2005 04:57 PM

Yes Kymber Stampin swears by this to clean off the black we all hate so much! I always forget to add it to my orders though!! :?

stampinchris 01-09-2005 05:34 PM

yo yo yellow?

I finally remembered to order one to give it a try! I just tried it last night and it really does work! :D Of course, it looks gross afterwards, but it is worth it! I tried cleaning some stamps that had been stained black...with a bit of work they came clean! :D

aselahop 01-09-2005 05:35 PM

I use it all the time. It takes all the black off of my stamps. Just make sure that you label it for cleaning stamps.

Stampin SandyH 01-09-2005 05:37 PM

I too took Kymbers advice and rubbed some of my stained stamps on the YoYo Yellow and it really does work. The YoYo Yellow turns black, but just keep using it and then clean your stamp off.

heresrita 01-09-2005 05:41 PM

I ordered one, finally, with my last order. It's not here yet. I was using my barely banana pad today and it seemed to clean the stamp I was using. I didn't do it purposely; but now I'll have to try cleaning the barely banana pad so I can use it for it's intended purpose. I hear that bliss blue also can be used to clean the black off the stamps.

jdarnall2001 01-09-2005 06:09 PM

Yes, yoyo yellow works wonders on black-stained rubber. :D

dbear 01-09-2005 06:38 PM

Thanks for all the feedbcak, I'll definatley order one! :)

The Cat's Meow 01-09-2005 06:45 PM

does it have to be craft or classic?

Kar 01-10-2005 02:01 AM

hmmmm I was thinking instead of ruining a pad can't you just use your brayer and put some yellow on that way??? Just a thought! :)

toodme 01-10-2005 04:35 PM

black ink/yoyo yellow- didnt work for me

strangely, it did not work for me at all.
since i dont use the color for anything else, the pad purchase was a complete waste!

Mom-of-one 01-10-2005 04:38 PM

:D I didn't know that! I will have to giv eit a try...thanks for the info.

cork1035 01-10-2005 04:54 PM

I bought one for the purpose of cleaning black off stained rubber and I don't find that it takes all the black off...I don't think anything could get some of that really old black off.
But it does work very well if you are using a brand new stamp with black dye ink. Stamp off a few times on scrap paper, then onto the yoyo yellow pad....all the black comes off that way.
Carol

apigonfire 01-10-2005 05:06 PM

as seen on SCS....

I did this last night with my alphabet stamps! It totally helped because I absolutely abhore grungy alphabet prints. It's better than nothing, right?
Kendra

lbirus 01-10-2005 05:09 PM

Well guys, I'm just too cheap for that plus I hate ruining a perfectly good stamp pad. I had a bottle of 98% strenght alchohol from the drug store that I use for polished stone. I tried sprinkling some of that on my SU stamp cleaning pad and voila, all my black residue from both the black classic and the stazon came right off my stamp. I even was able to remove it from "old" sets!! :) Give it a try!!!!

kimilou 01-10-2005 05:46 PM

Have you tried using versa mark? Let it set overnight and then clean as usual. You may need to repeat it but I've found it works well.

Shelli 01-10-2005 05:54 PM

You have to be careful when you use alcohol as it will dry out the rubber and eventually it will crack. Make sure you clean it with the SU cleaner after, as it has a conditioner in it.