Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Yikes!I think I ruined it! What do you think? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/yikes-i-think-i-ruined-what-do-you-think-527573/)

queen bee 05-05-2011 12:21 PM

Yikes!I think I ruined it! What do you think?

1 Attachment(s)
I think I just ruined this card (insert sad face) Does the flower soft grass kill the card? CASED from here
Grasshopper Car Rentals by SophieLaFontaine - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Rubbernecker 05-05-2011 12:29 PM

Sponge in more green ink (maybe using different shades of green) for the grass. That will make the Flowersoft blend in a little more.

purplepatch 05-05-2011 01:52 PM

Have you got any browns, greens, black or orange flowersoft colours to add to the ground? Or if you only have green make the patches very different sizes. I really like the placement of the car and other stamps.
HTH!

Mis.ty 05-05-2011 03:25 PM

I agree with adding more colour to the ground. If you want to try something other than sponging, try crinkling up a piece of syran wrap, ink it up and dab in on the grass area. I like purplepatch's idea of using other colours besides green.

SophieLaFontaine 05-05-2011 11:35 PM

Wow!! I just saw this thread!! I'm tickled pink that you cased my card and thoroughly delighted by your version!!! *huge grin*
This grass looks like the grass where I live (very sparse). If you'd like more lush look, maybe you could use Flower Soft over the entire grassy area?

queen bee 05-06-2011 06:01 AM

Well I did actually ruin the card!! I had sponged green into the grass area, it actually was looking pretty good, I used multiple greens. Then.....I got green on the cute little sign. I chucked it (insert sad face). Sophie, I am going to re-work this card, your card totally caught my eye!

k dunbrook 05-06-2011 08:52 AM

so sorry to hear about your mishap.....you should check out my Mother's day card here:
Love You Mom by k dunbrook - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
when I was inserting the pin I must have cut my finger and bled on the card. I tried to remove it but left a little circle so I added more dots up the blue piece so you couldn't notice it as much....almost pulled the whole thing apart!!

queen bee 05-06-2011 09:12 AM

I love it! I have bled on a card before, too

jpe135 05-06-2011 11:30 AM

Just restamp the sign and pop-dot it on top.

queen bee 05-06-2011 12:21 PM

well that would have been a good idea!! alas, it's in the garbage now. The sign was done on the computer, I wish I would not been so quick to toss it

k dunbrook 05-06-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by queen bee (Post 18284268)
I love it! I have bled on a card before, too

so glad to hear that I was not the only one that has done this!! Guess there is a reason those stick pins have been sitting on my desk for so long!! lol.........

uncbballfan 05-06-2011 09:11 PM

Karen, I learned a great tip on here for the end of stick pins: add a small amount of Glossy Accents to the tip and add a bugle bead. Silver bugle beads work great and blend right in...

Great save on the card, BTW! Love it!

hoptownracer1 05-06-2011 09:21 PM

Aw, shame you couldn't cut out the car and put it on another card. I've smeared ink on images before; makes me cuss a blue streak!!! (And I normally do not cuss that much!)

not2shabbydesigns 05-06-2011 10:46 PM

sorry you have to start over. what a pretty card. my vote is for flowersoft over the entire grassy area. can't wait to see the new card.

k dunbrook 05-07-2011 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncbballfan (Post 18286429)
Karen, I learned a great tip on here for the end of stick pins: add a small amount of Glossy Accents to the tip and add a bugle bead. Silver bugle beads work great and blend right in...

Great save on the card, BTW! Love it!

thanks for the tip....will have to remember that. I tried to embed it into the paper underneath so the point isn't sticking out....

armadillo 05-07-2011 04:53 AM

I would put more flowersoft on the ground to create a lawn and possibly make a dirt path/road for the car.

SophieLaFontaine 05-08-2011 07:23 AM

Awww, sorry you had to chuck it! Have fun making the new card!!

*cringing over the stick pin bleeding*

Sorry I'm so late in responding - I'm trying to stay off the computer more.