Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Yet ANOTHER Target $ spot find! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/yet-another-target-%24-spot-find-17275/)

JanTInk 11-19-2004 01:48 PM

Yet ANOTHER Target $ spot find!

Duncan Hines Sugar Cookie mixes...right next to a boxed set of four cookie cutters! I'm thinking there must be a cute way of packaging this together to make a cookie kit...any ideas?

wljr 11-19-2004 01:52 PM

I saw those too! But, at my Target, they were all nasty looking. :( I was thinking in the store about how cute it would all look in a cello bag with a cute tag. How sad is that?

mycattracks 11-19-2004 01:59 PM

:o was the cookie mix $1 or were the cutters $1?

Mzaiderman 11-19-2004 02:01 PM

My Target had adorable ceramic mugs w/ snowmen on them. I bought them all and plan on making lots of "Snowman Soup" gifts.

JanTInk 11-19-2004 02:23 PM

The cookie mix was $1 AND the cookie cutters were $1. I'll have to look for the snowmen mugs!

laurelwright 11-19-2004 02:55 PM

AND, they had these cute tin pails in silver, red, white or blue which were whitewashed and had a cut out of a snowflake etc,,,for $1 each and great jars with tight fitting lids in the same place for $1. There is another website that has all these ideas for things in a jar and one of the is Journal in a Jar...where you put all of the journal headings (that you print from the website on sticky paper) in the jar...and then you give the person a journal and they pick one each day and write on it. It is very cute but the clip art is so bad and the whole project would be so much more fun with stamps! The jars at Target are perfect for it!

I had to run right out and get those Brownie mixes in the Oven Mitts with recipe cards for $5 at Target too!

CrabbyAbbe 11-19-2004 02:58 PM

I know where I'm going tomorrow!!!

papercuties 11-19-2004 03:43 PM

I bought some of the peppermint foot lotion and spa stuff. I bought some of the organza bag/ baskets. I placed all the spa stuff inside and pulled the top of the bag shut. Stamped a tag with the Steppin' Style set. Tied a bubble gum pink bow around the top. Everything is in pink and white and turned out pretty darn cute- if I do say so myself. The total cost for each basket was $5.00. Not bad for a quick gift.
I also bought the small metal pales with the snowflake on the front of it. I planned on placing some cookies inside a cello bag and tying it up with a red or green organza bow and a hand stamped tag.
I also bought some of the square metal trays-I have not planned anything for those yet.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE DOLLAR SECTION OF TARGET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any more ideas out there?

MWThornton 11-19-2004 03:56 PM

Is there any way that you guys could post pics of the snomwan mugs and the tin pails? I am in search of some cute but reasonable snowman mugs for snowman soup and would love to see if these qualify;) Also, did you guys get the mugs and pails this week? I just hope I haven't missed them at my Target.
Thanks!
Melisa :)

Olenapena 11-19-2004 04:11 PM

I saw those pails too! I'm kicking myself because I didn't buy them. I will have to go back and get them tomorrow. I love the cello bags with cookies idea for those. And I didn't notice the snowmen mugs!! I will have to look into that because I've also been looking for cheap mugs for snowman soup!
~~Crystal~~

StampingSpud 11-19-2004 04:22 PM

Today, the dollar spot at my local Target had SHRINK PLASTIC! It's already printed with pet graphics (cat, dog, bone, etc.). Also included were instructions and colored pencils. CUTE!

ozzigirl 11-19-2004 04:30 PM

I got one of the blue metal pails to see how it looks with our Snowflakes stamped in white craft ink. I'd love to find the snowman mugs - I'm doing snowman soup for a craft fair with cello toppers, but having some in mugs would be great.

Sue

kiki 11-20-2004 04:40 PM

I found gel pens in metallic green, red, silver and gold (4 for $1). They were packaged in a little tube. I also bought the other plain colors- blue orange, purple and red. They work great for beaded pens. Way cheaper than RSVP pens and they have a little gripper at the bottom so the beaded area of the pen does not eventually get all dirty and grimey.

Mzaiderman 11-20-2004 04:47 PM

I hate to admit that I'm scanner imaired , so I can't post a pic of the snowman mug :oops: But, it was white and had cute blue accents and the snowman of course. I didn't notice them at first becuse they were "hidden" at the bottom. Michaels also has ceramic mugs for 99 cents. Lots of places have very inexpensive mugs this time of year.

kim 11-20-2004 04:59 PM

Hey, Papercuties,

I bought some of that Peppermint Foot Lotion for myself and love it!

Kim

JKsquare 11-20-2004 05:05 PM

:) How exciting all of those finds. I guess I will have to go to Target tomorrow. I have a question, what is the name of the website for the journal in a jar? That sounds like a great gift idea for mi nieces. Thanks!
Suzanne

MrsDiffey 11-20-2004 06:16 PM

I also found some great things at Target after reading this thread :) The mugs, unfortunately, were there, but they had a chip somewhere on them, the snowman's nose or on the actual rim, so I didn't get any. I really really wanted to get 3 of the large candy jars with a seal, but the seal was really cheap! It curled up on all the ones that were left, so no go for me. The shrink stuff is great for the kiddos so they can "create" artsy stuff while you do. They had all kind of great wooden mini board games for stocking stuffers. ALSO, they had these great snowflake type confetti made out of plastic sheet (?) that is irridescent clear, with a small hole already punched out. I thought, hey I can use those and just use my anywhere hole punch to make the hole bigger and use an eyelet or a brad to accent a card or gift! I will have to post the little coin envie I made with one of these. They also had these in tree or some other shape but these were bright colors and I really could not see myself using those. I am sure there are at least a 100 of these large confetti thingy's.

Also they had 5 beaded bracelets for a dollar that you can take apart to embellish your artwork. And some wine charms with a little ceramic figure, but they were packaged individually so I could not see myself paying a dollar for one of those. They had pillow boxes already folded scored and put together, just waiting for a gift to be put in. They had them in a few bright solids and some patterns. I thought, that is good for someone who maybe does not have a template for one, just keep it and make your own stamped ones. The smallest one is the one I think would fit on a 8.5 by 11 sheet. They also had a pack of little placecards for like a dinner party that I thought would be cute to stamp on and use as gift tags instead, or really special dinner party, or a buffet table to put a sign in front of each dish, etc. That way you do not have to waste your CS. And its all precut!

Anyway, gone on and on.

HTH,

MrsDiffey

Doris 11-20-2004 08:59 PM

I saw those jars too...but stood there trying to decide what to put in them.
I would love to do something fun yet useful for them for birthday gifts...they are just so darn cute!! Any more ideas?

I am going to have to go back there again for the cookie dough mix and cookie cutters.....I did not see them on Friday when I was there.

MrsDiffey 11-20-2004 09:17 PM

Doris,

I was thinking for the jars to use them for ME! But also you could do glass etching on them, can't remember if they were round or had flat sides??? But id they had flat, you could etch them and giveout cookies, or coffee beans to a coffee lover, like me! There are so many great things there at the dollar spot, gotta love it.

They also had some plainer looking snowman mugs that are taller and more contemporary looking. Thos would be good to put a nice cocoa packet with someof those twirly cracker sticks that have chocolate on them, do you know what I am talking about. That would make a quicky gift. Also all the bathroom stuff there is always awesome for gifts. Gels, foot rub, bath bombs, etc.

HTH,
MrsDiffey

PS,
Just read on another thread this stuff that is just like dazzling diamonds in the make up department. I quote, "by the Wet n' Wild make-up. There was "Mega Sparkle Confetti" which was calling to me. Anyhow, Mega Sparkle is ultrafine irridescent glitter (a la Dazzling Diamonds)...each little 0.21 oz. pot is $2.59. I bought a really pretty pink called "***** Cat Pink" and also a beautiful bluish violet called "Periwinkle." They also had one that looked exactly like DD and a silver.
VERY pretty colors and great price!

MrsDiffey 11-20-2004 09:43 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Here are some pictures of what I did with my Target find from last night. It is a snowflake irridescent confetti, large, an inch across. I just knew I could do something cute with these!

MrsDiffey

miss missy 11-20-2004 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsDiffey
Here are some pictures of what I did with my Target find from last night. It is a snowflake irridescent confetti, large, an inch across. I just knew I could do something cute with these!

MrsDiffey

I couldn't find the pictures in your gallery are they there yet?

MrsDiffey 11-20-2004 10:58 PM

Miss Missy,
I attached them to my post here, you need to log in to see attached pictures ont his site.

HTH,

MrsDiffey

miss missy 11-20-2004 11:05 PM

i was logged in once I went to your gallery but not while I was looking at the thread...thanks

pjbstamper 11-21-2004 12:42 AM

hey - no fair!! my targets didnt have peppermint foot scrub! :( Everything was lavendar which makes my eyes itch and my nose run. No glass jars either. But we did have more snowman mugs than necessary - since I already have cute hot chocolate mugs.

maybe I'll take a run to the other targets on Monday and see what they have!

MWThornton 11-21-2004 03:20 AM

The snowman mugs I bought had a chip also--but they were so adorable for a dollar that I went on and bought them b/c I need a mass of them to make gifts with this year...so I got to thinking of how I could repair the chip...thought about touch up painting...but then had a brainstorm;)
I am going to use some dimemsional paint in white and make the chips look like snow;) Covers the chips and adds more cute to the cup;) LOL!
I would love to see the little packets you put in the coin envelopes..so I know what i"m looking for..might need some of those too;)
Melisa :)

tanya 11-21-2004 04:29 AM

I recently read a post on here about people that were sick of Michaels. All I can say is Gotta Love Target!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: My theory for almost everything I need is "If Target doesn't have it, I don't need it!" With those few gotta haves from the craft store not included of coarse!