Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Wow just Heat Embossed on SU ultras smooth Vanilla! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/wow-just-heat-embossed-su-ultras-smooth-vanilla-34642/)

Ksullivan 03-10-2005 06:10 PM

Wow just Heat Embossed on SU ultras smooth Vanilla!

I have heat embossed before, but never on SU cardstock.

I just did 45 babies from Welcome Little one, and they came out so great. No stray embossing powder and they pop out of the paper really nice and shiney.

When I had done this sort of thing on the "M" place cardstock I had gotten dull images, images that didn't pop out at you, and little specks even if I used the embossing buddy.

I just started buying SU cardstock in January at my last party, can't wait to buy more. Must have............

K

CAStampinMel 03-10-2005 06:20 PM

Isn't the SU cardstock wonderful? I also love embossing on the Shimmery White paper it just looks so amazing!

camsmom 03-10-2005 06:21 PM

One try with SU
and no other will do :wink:

StampinMamaTo4 03-10-2005 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camsmom
One try with SU
and no other will do :wink:

Amen, and AMEN to that!!

h2j3 03-10-2005 06:46 PM

nothing beats SU! card stock....now if we could only get some more colors.

diathome 03-10-2005 06:53 PM

I'm new to SU and am used to Bazzill card stock. Does anyone have any tips on what I may need to do differently when using SU card stock? Thanks.

camsmom 03-10-2005 06:57 PM

Differently in what sense (like for techniques?)

Bazzill is just more textured so sometimes it may be harder to get a really crisp image when you emboss.
One thing I have told my customers is SU paper is made specifically for stamping, rather than just being craft paper. I feel this makes it easier to do stamping related techniques on-especially the Ultrasmooth papers.

Sorry if that does not answer your question :oops:

diathome 03-10-2005 07:09 PM

Thank you, Camsmom. It sounds like I'll find stamping much easier now!

pepperann 03-10-2005 07:49 PM

SU cardstock is Da Bomb!!!!

I love, love, LOVE SU cardstock! :D Am slowly replacing all of mine with it. For me it makes sense, as I love to stamp and might as well have the cardstock to match the inks! I have been using it in my scrapbooks as well (the printed papers) and have been very happy with it. Quality through and through! :)

8) 8) 8)

stampysister 03-10-2005 08:50 PM

Quote:

One thing I have told my customers is SU paper is made specifically for stamping, rather than just being craft paper. I feel this makes it easier to do stamping related techniques on-especially the Ultrasmooth papers.
Wow! You must be a great demonstrator! I never really thought of it that way, but it is SOO true. I have basically abandoned all other cardstock, except when I occasionally get the urge for some handmade paper as an accent, but I never really thought about what made it such great paper other than the weight. I wish I was a better demonstrator.

LizzieStamps 03-10-2005 09:57 PM

This has nothing to do with SU! card stock, although I LOVE it, but it does have to do with embossing. If you use a VersaMark ink pad for embossing instead of a Top Boss, you get a much smoother image. Top Boss leaves "hills and valleys" in your image.