Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-01-2006, 04:11 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Default Wouldn't uninked stampin' spots be great?

Wouldn't it be nice if SU! offered a package of uninked stampin' spots? We could have spots in the limited edition colors we like - or all of 'em - since reinkers are available.

I'd definitely go for that. I've even got a few reinkers I don't have pads to match, because I only needed those colors for a couple of techniques. It would be nice to use them as spots.

Demos could demonstrate the usefulness of spots at workshops without having to purchase entire color families, especially when they already own every possible color inkpad!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-01-2006, 04:12 AM   #2  
Watercolor Wizard

SU Doesn't offer them but there is a link around here somewhere if you wanted to get them for your own use and the new colors....I will see if I can find it...
Old 07-01-2006, 04:12 AM   #3  
Watercolor Wizard

Here it is!
http://www.welburngourdfarm.com/inde...ROD&ProdID=124
Old 07-01-2006, 04:27 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Thanks, Keri! All of my customers use spots, so I think I'll offer to order these if they are interested.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:30 AM   #5  
Watercolor Wizard

I couldn't find the shipping info but I bet you could call and see what they had to say about it!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2006, 04:43 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks Keri! I'm bookmarking this site for future use.

I used their shipping calculator and was at least able to find they ship USPS - so APO should at least be a possibility.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:44 AM   #7  
Watercolor Wizard

Ok so where is the shipping calculator? I missed it! LOL
Old 07-01-2006, 04:45 AM   #8  
Watercolor Wizard

Doh never mind...I found it! LOL
Old 07-01-2006, 05:08 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Shipping is a bit on the high side, but by buy at least 18-24 it evens out a bit. If you really want spots, it is still cheaper than buying the standard size pads and the reinker.

Buy in bulk, sell to your customers at cost or offer as a gift if they buy the re-ionkers?

Just my 2 cents worth!

Karen

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Old 07-01-2006, 05:09 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Sorry - no edit feature to correct my typo!

Karen

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Old 07-01-2006, 05:21 AM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

I agree, shipping is high. Splitting an order with a few friends makes it seem more reasonable.

Nice to have an option if it becomes useful!
Old 07-01-2006, 05:22 AM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

That is such a wonderful idea! I've been wishing for uninked spots...Maybe someone could offer them on the B/S/T forum?
Old 07-09-2006, 05:18 PM   #13  
Vee
Hardware Hotshot

Oh sure. I would go right to a GOURD FARM looking for empty inkers! Keri, I am not even going to ask HOW you found that. Geez.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:09 PM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

I've got mine ordered from the gourd farm, and I believe they have shipped.
Didja see that there's also a gourd publication, and a gourd-fest event??
Who knew...!
Old 07-09-2006, 06:23 PM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Oil...Hot Pan...Gordon Ramsay sexiest man alive...Done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vee
Oh sure. I would go right to a GOURD FARM looking for empty inkers! Keri, I am not even going to ask HOW you found that. Geez.
LOL!!

Old 07-10-2006, 04:10 AM   #16  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vee
LOL Someone else found that link and posted it on another thread...I am just good at copy and pasting! LOL
Old 07-10-2006, 04:32 AM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

Trust Keri!

The felt pad spots come from the Gourd company and the foam spots come from Frantic Stamper!

I have ordered both and they are great!

I plan on making my own spots in the new colors and craft spots for my WW and VV large craft pads.

Karen

Old 07-10-2006, 04:50 AM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by kphorse
I plan on making my own spots in the new colors and craft spots for my WW and VV large craft pads.

Karen
what an excellent idea
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Old 07-10-2006, 04:59 AM   #19  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sereikastamper
WOW! This is such a great idea. Thanks for the link!
Old 07-10-2006, 04:52 PM   #20  
stu
Matboard Maniac

I'm thinking about getting some of these uninked spots, but am wondering about getting more than just six for the new colors SU is offering this year--is it definite that new colors will be coming out every year, just for that particular catalog? If so, it might be worth it to stock up on the spots to have them available in the future. Any thoughts on this from anyone?
Old 07-10-2006, 05:09 PM   #21  
Insane Embellisher

I'm stocking up -- the shipping is prohibitive on a smaller order. Plus, you'll probably be surprised at the number of things you can do with the uninked spots -- blend your own custom colors, make spots of the colors they don't come in (such as Sahara Sand and Going Grey), etc. Not to mention that you'll be prepared if they decide to continue the In Color program in future years and are silly enough to *not* offer the spots! I suspect they've learned the error of their ways by now, though -- and it wouldn't surprise me to see the In Colors offered in spots sometime this catalog year.

Happy trails....

Sue

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu
I'm thinking about getting some of these uninked spots, but am wondering about getting more than just six for the new colors SU is offering this year--is it definite that new colors will be coming out every year, just for that particular catalog? If so, it might be worth it to stock up on the spots to have them available in the future. Any thoughts on this from anyone?
Old 07-16-2006, 03:35 PM   #22  
Insane Embellisher

And heeeeere they are, Ladies & Gents! The fresh-out-of-the-box, newly-inked Home-made In Color Spots! Very quick & easy to do, for those of you who might have been wavering about doing this. Go for it -- I really don't think you'll regret it!

Happy trails....

Sue
Attached Thumbnails
Wouldn't uninked stampin' spots be great?-color-spots-back-web.jpg   Wouldn't uninked stampin' spots be great?-color-spots-front-web.jpg  
Old 07-16-2006, 04:18 PM   #23  
stu
Matboard Maniac

Great visual! And, very timely--from what I've heard, it appears spots with the In Color colors aren't in the next mini catalog--anyone, please correct me if I am mistaken.

Sue, about how much of a reinker did it take to ink up the spots? (inquiring minds want to know...lol!
Old 07-16-2006, 05:42 PM   #24  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks, stu! You are correct, the Holiday Mini is Spot-less. Lots of other goodies, but no Spots or Markers in the new colors.

It really didn't take much of the reinker at all to ink these babies up -- I was surprised! I started in the center of the pad and worked my way out to the edges (drop by drop, letting the drops meet) to cover as completely as possible. I let that soak in for a few minutes, while I did the first inking of the other 5 pads. Then I worked across each pad, from left to right (top to bottom), squeezing the whole time to produce more of a stream. Then I rotated the pad 90 degrees and repeated, to get full coverage in both directions. I let it sit for a few minutes and it was fully saturated -- ready to rock! That process used up less than .25" of ink from the top of the reinker bottle -- there is more than 1.5" left, so I think I'm set for awhile! That won't prevent me from stocking up on them before they disappear next summer, however...

Happy trails....

Sue

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu
Great visual! And, very timely--from what I've heard, it appears spots with the In Color colors aren't in the next mini catalog--anyone, please correct me if I am mistaken.

Sue, about how much of a reinker did it take to ink up the spots? (inquiring minds want to know...lol!
Old 07-16-2006, 05:53 PM   #25  
Die Cut Diva

scpd,

What do you think of the 6 new colors?

Interested if you think they are close to other colors?

Karen

Old 07-16-2006, 05:55 PM   #26  
Die Cut Diva

OK guys, (gal's)

I did one of the craft inks! WOW that is a lot of work! The ink is thick and does not want to *just soak* in like the new colors did last night.

You have to work the ink into the foam pads.

Karen

Old 07-21-2006, 09:58 PM   #27  
Insane Embellisher

Sorry to take so long to get back to you on this, Karen! I just recently had a block of time to sit down and play with the new colors in a Compare & Contrast (shades of English Lit) kind of way....

First off, I *love* the new colors -- every one of them! To my eye, they aren't super-close to any of the colors I have, but most of them seem like *combinations* of some of the others. For example, the Violet looks to me like a blend of Perfect Plum and Night of Navy -- try stamping them next to each other and see if they look that way to you. (Those three cardstock colors together are lovely, BTW!) I see a blending of Almost Artichoke and Close to Cocoa in the True Thyme, Ruby Red and Bravo Burgundy could easily create Cranberry Crsip, etc. That's why the In Colors work so well with the regular line, IMHO. Clever folks, those SU color-mixers!

I had fun playing with the colors of card-stock, too, since there are differences between the paper and ink colors that I have. In the stock, I'd say that Buckaroo Blue is about halfway between Bordering Blue and Not Quite Navy.

An interesting thing I discovered while playing is that the colors I'm using may not be the current ones. I use Spots exclusively (I find the big pads very awkward), and most of mine are pretty old -- circa 2001, I'd say. A testament to their quality and longevity, folks! Anyway -- I discovered that my *old* Bordering Blue spot and the one that came with the Designer label punchbox are two VERY different colors! The same is true of my original More Mustard spot and the punchbox one -- a HUGE difference. I know that some of the colors have been reformulated & 'adjusted' over time, as have the cardstock colors -- I just wasn't expecting the difference to be so great! The reason I bring this up is that the new Bordering Blue is much closer in tone to the Buckaroo than the old Bordering. Same with the old & new Mustards and the Marigold. They aren't super-close, but closer. What this means in the grand scheme of things, I can't say -- except that maybe it's time for me to pop for some new Spots and reinkers, huh? Kind of a bummer, since most of my re-inkers are pretty much full -- another testament to the longevity of the spots. Most of mine haven't needed re-inking in the 5 years I've been using them. (The Basic Black is the only one I can think of offhand that I've re-inked more than once.) It's late and I'm rambling now...

I don't know if I answered your question or not -- particularly since everyone's color perceptions are different. I did have fun playing with it, though, and thank you for the idea! I've gotten some new color-combinations I want to try that I probably wouldn't have come up with otherwise.

Happy trails....

Sue

Quote:

scpd,

What do you think of the 6 new colors?
Interested if you think they are close to other colors?

Karen
Old 07-21-2006, 10:11 PM   #28  
Insane Embellisher

I agree, the Crafts require more time and a different technique to ink-up a new pad, but it's worth it! I'm *loving* having a small & easy-to-use Craft pad. I also did a little mixing while I was inking up my WW and VV spots -- I blended the two (about 50-50) in a teaspoon and worked that into an empty, to come up with what I'm calling Cream. I love this 'new' color on the dark stocks -- sometimes the WW would be too stark, and the VV would be too yellow and I'd just give up & go away mad. NOW I have the perfect color for those times -- a nice, soft, creamy cream that looks lovely with most everything I've tried so far! Those are the only Craft re-inkers I have at the moment -- I may have to acquire some more Craft colors so I can play around with them. Yikes. I'd better get another paper route, huh?

Happy trails....

Sue

Quote:

OK guys, (gal's)

I did one of the craft inks! WOW that is a lot of work! The ink is thick and does not want to *just soak* in like the new colors did last night.

You have to work the ink into the foam pads.

Karen
Old 08-04-2006, 03:06 PM   #29  
Cardstock Collector

Wouldn't you be able to ink an uninked spectrum pad if you were in a pinch. Only, you would be able to do only five colors instead of the six. But this would also be nice if you were having to take only a few colors for a stamp fun night out. Carrying one pad versus 5 would be alot easier. Just my 2cents.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:47 AM   #30  
Insane Embellisher

You sure could -- but how would you ink up a stamp with *just one* color? The little felt pads aren't removable on the Spectrum pads I have... If you've found a way to do this, please share!

Happy trails....

Sue

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampingchica
Wouldn't you be able to ink an uninked spectrum pad if you were in a pinch. Only, you would be able to do only five colors instead of the six. But this would also be nice if you were having to take only a few colors for a stamp fun night out. Carrying one pad versus 5 would be alot easier. Just my 2cents.