Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Would this be tacky? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/would-tacky-165007/)

deca1964 07-13-2006 06:05 PM

Would this be tacky?

Ok here's my situation. I am also a member on another stamping site. They had a poll where members voted on their favorite card. I was really surprised to have my card chosen. The winner (me) was to receive some designer paper from the demo who runs the site. I haven't received this paper yet which normally wouldnt bother me but I belong to a stamp club whose orders are due in on Sunday. I was hoping to purchase card stock to match this paper I am receiving. Finally my question....would it be tacky to ask her which paper I will be receiving? I dont know if she was planning on sending some retired paper or some of the new ones or what. I dont mind that they arent here yet but I just wanted to be able to match my order up. What do you girls think?:confused:

LeahsCreations 07-13-2006 06:08 PM

I'm not the best person to respond. I too have won a prize from a stamping site (ahem) and never received it even after I asked about it. I realized it probably won't ever come and moved on with life...

deca1964 07-13-2006 06:14 PM

Well I never thought of it never coming. It is not, so to say, late getting here. I mean it was only about a week ago that the thing even ended. And if I never get it that's ok too...I just a real rush winning in the first place..LOL...but working on the assumption that it WILL come...I just didnt know whether to ask or not.

ikimom 07-13-2006 06:29 PM

I think if you explain it to her as you did here, she would let you know the colors. Not tacky IMO.

Congratulations on winning! Could you put it in your gallery here?

~ Kathy

deca1964 07-13-2006 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikimom
I think if you explain it to her as you did here, she would let you know the colors. Not tacky IMO.

Congratulations on winning! Could you put it in your gallery here?

~ Kathy

*bowing head in shame* I dont have a gallery here....yet....need to look into how to do that....not that my cards come anywhere near the awesome things I see here! You girls are so very talented!!!

Klarson 07-13-2006 06:39 PM

Ask her, and no its not tacky. I won something one time on a group, and I asked the owner about it, and she had forgotten, and I received my stuff a week later.

ikimom 07-13-2006 06:51 PM

A card that won a contest not good enough for here? Come, come now, don't be shy, this is a friendly place.

~ Kathy

deca1964 07-13-2006 07:07 PM

it wasnt a big contest..LOL

Maria718 07-13-2006 07:43 PM

You said you wanted to order from your stamp club. Does that meet every month? If so you could always wait till next month to order the card stock. That way you will know you have the paper and also exactly what colors you need.

Maria

staramaze 07-13-2006 09:50 PM

Absolutely contact her! You took the time to make and send her a card that is helping her promote her website... you won the paper... it's your paper! Congratulations!

GarnetJ 07-13-2006 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deca1964
....not that my cards come anywhere near the awesome things I see here! You girls are so very talented!!!

Yes, there are some VERY talented people on SCS. But many more of us are just beginners or "intermediates."

Quote:

Originally Posted by deca1964
I don't have a gallery here....yet....need to look into how to do that...

Just go to the SCS home page. In the column on the left click on "Upload a card." As soon as you have uploaded even one card, your gallery is automatically activated.

jmhoffmann 07-14-2006 05:11 AM

I'm ashamed to say that I haven't uploaded any cards yet either...I'm a bit nervous about the whole process. I am taking pics with digital camera though so I'm headed in the right direction. LOL
Hugs, Joanne

deca1964 07-14-2006 05:14 AM

LOL...well I thought I was doing good too to be using a digital and then I come to find out that to get a nice close up I should have a camera with optical zoom rather than digital zoom???? Not even sure I know enough about that to know if this is true or not. I will stick to a scanner but the colors are always off then *sigh*

tc82742 07-14-2006 05:40 AM

yes, that is true.. digital zoom doesnt do much for a pic, optical zoom is what makes the picture.
definatley go with higher optical than digital..
digital zoom distorts the image.