Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   would anybody like to do a paper punch swap? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/would-anybody-like-do-paper-punch-swap-422237/)

adolsak 02-26-2009 06:06 PM

would anybody like to do a paper punch swap?

I have been thinking about this and I am ready to post :) Stampin Up has so many cute punches and dies but,I like most can't buy them all. I was thinking of starting a swap where we would keep a list of about 6 items each and pick from each others list. We would have to replace every time a swap is made to always keep a 6 item long list. It could also be a good way to swap out some of the DSP and SS papers that we have scraps of. So who wants to join? When I get enough people interrested I'll set up a page with all the details/rules of the swap.

Julie/MO 02-26-2009 06:29 PM

sounds good

I like this idea.

PJill 02-26-2009 06:30 PM

It sounds interesting. I would love to hear the details of how it would be handled. Sounds kind of like a childcare swap we had when my kids were still kids. It worked great! Almost a round robin type thing. Keep us posted.

adolsak 02-27-2009 03:11 AM

am bump

adolsak 02-27-2009 10:29 AM

Great way to try items before you buy... or try them without having to buy. Any takers????It's super easy! All we have to do is list 6 items (keep your list at 6) If somebody wants to snag an item they will post what they want to snag (first come first serve), that person gets the punch/die of their choice then they will have to post a trade list. You will have to update your list to six items when it is your turn again to replace the swapped item. All Stampin' Up punches, Marvy punches, all die cuts, etc. You will just have to list in some detail what product you are using and what type of paper. I would however like to stay with all Stampin' Up paper. Join in! I think this would be really fun!!!! We just need a few more people to get this rollin......:)

PS....
All small punches (scallops,curly lable, circle,etc. should be in groups of 12)Same color family or same DS or SS pack if doing an assortment

All large dies(top note,lg scallop,boxes,etc.) should come in groups of 6 (this will help keep your cost down)Same color family or same DS or SS pack if doing an assortment

TeeGeeDee 02-27-2009 04:22 PM

This is interesting ... need to give it some thought (I don't have too much SU cardstock but one could get lits of punched shapes from one sheet).

I'll keep track of this thread and decide asap.

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee

adolsak 02-27-2009 04:48 PM

would it make it easier if it didn't have to be SU cardstock, maybe just the same quality? And maybe other types of patterend paper? Give me all your feedback :)

TeeGeeDee 02-27-2009 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adolsak (Post 13265371)
would it make it easier if it didn't have to be SU cardstock, maybe just the same quality? And maybe other types of patterend paper? Give me all your feedback :)

I think for colors it might be easiest to go with SU, PTI (PaperTrey Ink) and Bazzill as I think most stampers are familiar with their colors.

For patterned paper I don't think specific brands are necessary because if it is too thin it probably would not punch well so that makes it easier to get quality paper punch-outs.

Thanks for seeking feedback and ...

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee

adolsak 03-03-2009 03:13 AM

bump... looking for people :)

adolsak 03-05-2009 01:35 PM

ok... I think just a few more people and we can start sending :)

polargirl 03-05-2009 02:43 PM

There are a few punch swaps on SCS, take a look.

adolsak 03-05-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polargirl (Post 13329433)
There are a few punch swaps on SCS, take a look.

REALLY?!? LOL :) Where???? I couldn't find any. I am some what new here, so maybe I am looking in the wrong place

isewquilts2 03-05-2009 03:59 PM

Look in the Swaps forum....check "products and images" or "everything else". I'm pretty sure there is a current punch swap going.

adolsak 03-05-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isewquilts2 (Post 13330824)
Look in the Swaps forum....check "products and images" or "everything else". I'm pretty sure there is a current punch swap going.

Thank you! :)