Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-19-2006, 09:41 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Workshop Help Needed

I have recently singned up to be a SU demonstartor. I am having a workshop in a few weeks and would like a few recommendations on what i should do or any advice would also be helpful. I have signed up for the demo side last thursday and still have not been able to access the demo forums. I know it takes awhile but just wanted to have some time to work on this instead of doing it last minute. Thank you!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-19-2006, 01:58 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hmm. First thing I would suggest is that you call your upline. Second, check out the workshop wizards on SU's demo website. There are tons of cool ideas. If you have folks who are completely new to stamping, keep it simple!! Good luck
Old 09-19-2006, 01:59 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm not sure how long it takes for access to the demo side, but you may want to PM a moderator to see if your request was maybe missed. As for prepping for your workshop, the Training section of the demo site is great. I use it still for every workshop I do. It has links for what to do before, during and after your workshop, and links to lots of forms you can use, like wishlists to print out. One of my favorite forms is a project planner where you can list all your materials for each project, so you can make sure you don't have any overlapping supplies (important if you are doing stations versus passing supplies around a circle). You may want to go ahead and make up guest folders, or packets, or whatever you plan on using. I'm sure your upline would be happy to help you out, too. Good luck!
Stephanie
Old 09-19-2006, 02:29 PM   #4  
SCS Moderator

all requests were sent out today.

I KNOW it is hard to be patient, but I send out mesages when I can-usually once a week if not more and then do verifications throughout the week-generally going through and doing the proces for well over a hundred folks weekly. While it may seem like it should be done more often (epsecially if you have to wait a few days) PLEASE keep in mind that I have a family and an SU business as well, and while it is hard to wait I do try and get people in quickly.

So while you wait, Joan has some excellent ideas. While the SU demos forum IS pretty much fantasmagorical do not forget to check out the resources SU provides for demos as well. And I include uplines in that "resource" section as well.

Old 09-19-2006, 05:27 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thank you camsmom, I know your busy and I didn't mean to put you on the spot. I just thought that since I had a few weeks to prepare, I should take advantage of it =)

I know you will get to it when you can. Thnak you in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2006, 06:12 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

As a customer, I like it when my demo does cards with stamps out of the mini catalogs because then I get ideas on how to use them. Or she will demo the crayons or pencils or some technique. Hope your workshop goes well.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:37 AM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

Congratulations! One of my suggestions as a new demo is to be sure to demo different stamp sets, paper and/or techniques for each make and take that you do. Don't go crazy, just be different with each one. It just drives me bonkers when demos demonstrate the same stamp set for 3 different make and takes. As a customer I want to see as much that Stampin Up has to offer. And memorize the page numbers of the ink/papers (201-204) and the hostess benefits (starting on pg13). Congratulations! See you on the demo side!