Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Wooohoo...new cool ink storage for me! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/wooohoo-new-cool-ink-storage-me-58599/)

IreneM 06-10-2005 06:38 PM

Wooohoo...cool new ink storage for me!

1 Attachment(s)
My dad encourages my habit by making me cool storage pieces. This is my newest piece. He has also made a wooden box to hold my "give away" cards. And, I have a nice ribbon storage too. The color of my ink storage is close to Sage Shadow. The top is about 1.5 in deep so I can put my re-inkers in it. Next is something to hold my wheels! Just thought I would share my dad's talents.

KarrieLyne 06-10-2005 06:42 PM

Wow! that is awesome!

WeimFamily 06-10-2005 06:52 PM

Very impressive. Can he adopt me????

LSN 06-10-2005 06:54 PM

Does your dad feel the need to have an extra daughter? This is lovely!

calgramma 06-10-2005 07:03 PM

OK, Irene, I live in SoCal, too....maybe we're distant cousins and my 'favorite Uncle' could build me one, too??? LOL
Truly awesome and maybe when we retire, I can get DH to make me something like this as well. Enjoy!!

Jeri

Rainsong 06-10-2005 07:07 PM

Wow, Irene. That is beautiful! When I saw the photo, I about dropped my tea--I've just looked at some storage cabinets that are outstanding, and quite expensive. They look so much like your dad's project, it's astouding!

Check it out: http://www.frenchenvy.com/index.cfm?...=main.products

Congrats on having such a SuperDad!

Rainsong

Stamp0654 06-10-2005 09:10 PM

Consider yourself very lucky to have such a super creative Dad! What a treat for you!

serialstamper 06-10-2005 09:30 PM

Give your Dad a big sloppy one for me!

Jami 06-10-2005 09:39 PM

Hey Irene! I'm in SoCal too - Lakewood. Where are you?

Tell your Dad he's the best and lots of gals are jealous!

stampfunny 06-10-2005 09:39 PM

Stamp pad holder

That is really nice!! Your dad is very talented and I can see why you are proud of his handiwork. Obviously, you dad must think the world of you AND your new stamping hobby, to do such wonderful things for you. You're very lucky to have such a loving dad!

MEnmystamps 06-10-2005 09:41 PM

So cool!

that is great! My brother built a huge wall-mounted wooden stamp rack for his wifey. It looked so great to have her individual stamps there- very inspiring! She loved it!
Enjoy what your dad has made for you as well as his time and love put into it for YOU!!
Thanks for sharing!!!

dinobomp 06-10-2005 11:15 PM

WOW WOW WOW!

Wow, are you ever fortunate! I don't think my Dad even knows what a rubber stamp is! (but we do live a few states apart...) What a wonderful testament to family and love! I would love to know your Dad, he must be something special. Consider yourself very lucky to have him in your life!!! I am so envious! :)
Diane

Cat 06-11-2005 07:16 AM

No fair! You're making me (and it sounds like, many others) jealous! :)

My father lives 1300 miles away. When he visited this past spring, I should have showed him some pictures. I KNOW he could make me one, and he's even retired, so he'd have some time to spend on his daughter's habit...err... hobby.

Thanks for sharing!

sparksdm 06-11-2005 08:36 AM

Wow!! What a nice dad.

NJ Devils Fan 06-13-2005 07:52 AM

You are sooo lucky! Dad deserves an extra special gift on Sunday!

IreneM 06-13-2005 09:12 AM

Jami, I am in the Ontario/Chino area.

Everyone, thanks for the kind words. My dad IS the greatest. I came home to find this on my doorstep. I opened the car door before my DH had a chance to stop. I am signing up to be a demo in July and he is helping me get my craft area together. He has lots of great ideas. Whenever I show him pics of storage units he says "I can make that for you". I'll let him know about all of the adopted daughters he could spoil. He'll get a kick out of it.

davidh 06-13-2005 11:04 AM

Very nice! And I know about storage racks!! (about five thousand per year)

Dave at Kingdom Inc.

CrabbyAbbe 06-13-2005 11:22 AM

So, is your dad taking orders? Serious!

IreneM 06-13-2005 11:57 AM

My husband said he should sell them. But, he's a modest man. He would never quote a price. He just says, "whatever you think is fair". I am going to pass on all of your compliments. Maybe I can talk him into making them for a craft fair in our area. Personally, I think it is so great that everyone should have one. Hmmmm do you think i could use the re-inkers with white paint to create one in my favorite SU! color? Ooooh, that would be great!

luvnailart 06-13-2005 04:11 PM

Wow, he did a great job!! Maybe he will make some for all of us now :)

Stefanie 06-13-2005 04:59 PM

Maybe you should be the business manager in the deal. Figure out the cost of his materials, shipping and time and see if you could put a fair price on it. You could do it by order only and that way he can limit the number he makes in a month. I know I would be willing to wait for one. Great Dad - Great job.

schrades 06-13-2005 05:02 PM

I want one!! Hey I want one!!!! WAH! Seriously I WANT ONE!!

schrades

Michelle25 06-13-2005 05:13 PM

I would love to see the ribbon storage if you have a picture. I was thinking of asking my dad to make one but I wasn't sure how to have him make it for me.

Thanks,
Michelle

bedazzledbylife 06-13-2005 05:23 PM

How nice that your dad's hobby supports yours! Every time you stamp now you must think loving thoughts of him. What a sweet, giving Dad!

dbear 06-13-2005 07:07 PM

Just wondering if he was looking for another daughter? lol! Lucky you, my Dad is so far away.:(