Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   winter mini favorite (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/winter-mini-favorite-16885/)

jrw25177 11-17-2004 06:18 AM

winter mini favorite

what is everyones favorite in the new winter mini?
for me none so far are really must haves.....is it just me....
maybe once i see some of the girls wonderful cards in the gallery i will change my mind.

i like curvy verses and the canvas bg but dont know for sure if i will get them...

also if you were going to get one witch would it be canvas or just jeans bg?

Jill

kerrym38 11-17-2004 06:28 AM

I ordered Curvy Verses because it's different than the normal verse sets we have. I also ordered the wheel guide and it's very good quality. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but I've heard it works really well.

Kerry

MoberKitty 11-17-2004 06:41 AM

I'd have to say Bundle Up and Curvy Verses. Of course, if I'd just gone by the mini's display of Bundle Up, I never would have chosen it! It was all the gorgeous and creative samples in the scs gallery that made me want to have it! :) Thanks Ladies!!!!

Kathy S. 11-17-2004 06:51 AM

Nothing jumped out at me, either! I do like the canvas background stamp and will probably get that.

stampin_melissa 11-17-2004 07:06 AM

Oh my, More Petal Prints leaped out and grabbed me. I just couldn't resist it's pull and had to get it. I also got Curvy Verses, Canvas and Twinkle. Yes, I received them TODAY! :D :D I can hardly wait to play!

Melissa

cindy nagel 11-17-2004 09:03 AM

I really like the Collage alphabet set - now need to come up with a cool scrapbook page to compliment it!! Still mad at myself b/c I did not order Petal prints last spring(I was so certain it would be in the catalog that I decided to wait - oh well) So I guess I should go ahead and get More Petal Prints just to make me feel better!

mommakate 11-17-2004 10:59 AM

Collage Alpha - and yes I ahve to wait until January - my '04 budget is GONE!!!!

I see LOTs of uses and since they are all different sizes - those of us that are straight lined cahllenged have not a worry!

Smiles

kate

LadyandtheStamp 11-17-2004 11:20 AM

Wow...I love just about everything in the winter mini!! :D My fav.'s - more petal prints, canvas background, and I'm really drawn to see with the heart which is unusual because typically I don't go for that style of stamp...I just really am drawn to it! I love curvy verses and also toucan of my love! I like the alphahearts too but am not sure I'll get those...Bundle up is cute too...*sigh*.... :D

Karen

Technique_Freak 11-17-2004 11:47 AM

I love the Collage Alphabet and Bundle Up.

I've played with Bundle Up and love it!

I like to check the gallery on this website and then decide which sets are getting the most cards. That usually means they are popular, easy to come up with ideas (not that you ladies are not extremely talented!) and liked well enough that they will be purchased at my workshops.

I also bought the Mon Ami and Canvas set, but haven't used either one yet. It's deer hunting season in WI this weekend and I'm trying to get my swap cards done for the Madison Convention and get ready to go hunting for a week.

Wish me luck! And good luck with your decision!

Olenapena 11-17-2004 03:25 PM

Had to have Bundle Up!!
In fact, I ordered everything on pages 6 & 7!!
Had to have them all!!
Love the samples of Bundle Up in the gallery and I LOVE sweaters so it was a musthave for me.
~~Crystal~~

Kar 11-17-2004 03:31 PM

I like the canvas background, but always leary of buying something from the mini's because you can only demo it for the period of the mini catty :( so that makes it difficult to figure out what might be in the big book and more worth buying.

Glitter_Girl 11-17-2004 04:09 PM

My favorite is Hats Off and Curvy Verses! = )

I can't believe no one has mentioned Hats Off. I bought both of these sets (I ordered it before I even actually got the catalog) AM I CRAZY OR WHAT?
I made a card last night for my aunt's birthday with the set and it was so beautiful. = ) Only, I sealed it up before I remembered I wanted to take a picture of it and post it here on the site. DARN IT!
I guess I will just have to make another one.

I LOVE THIS SET, you can do so much with it. I bet it will do great at craft shows with the Red Hat Society Ladies.

onebusymango 11-17-2004 04:27 PM

favorite winter mini set

The canvas stamp is on it's way with vintage brads and other goodies. Bundle Up will be in my next order with the gingham ribbon, of course!

Amanda_Sewell 11-17-2004 04:39 PM

Okay, Am I the only one who was thinking ahead to Valentines day and just had to have Toucan of my Love? I adored that set the moment I saw it! Can't wait to make more cards with it!

Hugs,
Amanda

stampdiva 11-17-2004 05:48 PM

I love the Going Out in Style hat one and More Petal Prints. I've had fun playing with both of them. And the hat one is good for lots more than Red Hat women, my 11 year old daughter loves that set, and we just made Thank You cards for her birthday party with it.

Suzanne

jdarnall2001 11-17-2004 06:00 PM

Bundle Up!! Mine came in Wednesday and I have been having a blast with it!

WeLove2Stamp 11-17-2004 06:19 PM

My fave was definitely Bundle Up and the Twinkle wheel. (don't have my catty at the moment, so guessing on the name) My problem is that I live in Florida, so not sure how many I'd be able to sell. :? and is it worth it if I can't sell many? and don't know if it will make the next catty? not sure yet. The hat sets were cute, I liked them, but I just don't see myself using it very much. wasn't really that fond of the others.

tomoly 11-17-2004 07:15 PM

Well I loved Prehistoric Party cause it's so hard to find cool stuff for kid birthday cards. No one has mentioned it yet - :(

ibestampin 11-17-2004 08:47 PM

I just love this mini catalog!!! I rarely order anything out of them since there is no guarantee they will be in the new catalog, but I ordered See With The Heart, Collage Alphabet, Canvas & the Wheel Guide. I HAD to have these sets, couldn't wait. I still want Mon Ami, Toucan of My Love, More Petal Prints...still thinking about Going Out in Style & Millinery!! Somebody help me!!!

grace 11-17-2004 10:23 PM

Can't wait till December when I'll go to our SU party and order Bundle Up and Curvy Verses...I only had a glimpse at the catty but I know I'll want more once I can get one for myself. Ladies I love the samples you've made using Bundle UP...I even forgot where I had seen it and looked everywhere thinking I had missed it!!! Yeah, I can get it!

love2Bcreative 11-17-2004 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kar
I like the canvas background, but always leary of buying something from the mini's because you can only demo it for the period of the mini catty :( so that makes it difficult to figure out what might be in the big book and more worth buying.

I agree with Kar :wink: ---I love a ton of the stamp sets in the Winter mini but as a demo we can only sell them for a limited time and I hate the thought of investing in them to use for such a short period of time! So I participate in card swaps with my downline and other demonstrators I know. That way I have a huge sample of cards to show off at demos for the Mini but dont have to invest in them all, just one or two. I would rather spend money on something from the big book that will be around for a year!! JMT! :lol:

GMAX 11-18-2004 04:41 AM

Nothing really rang my bell, either, although I've ordered Canvas bg stamp.

RenHoward 11-18-2004 05:56 AM

sets

I love Canvas and More Petal Prints! Got them in last week and am having lots of fun.

kriegermom 11-18-2004 01:04 PM

Do you think the wheel guide will be in the next big catty? I was thinkin' of only getting that to demo with maybe a new wheel.

butrflygrl 11-18-2004 02:28 PM

nope...not here

Unfortunately, nothing jumped out at me. I'm a little bummed too - since this will my first mini catalog to demo.

scdecker 11-18-2004 03:10 PM

kriegermom, the mini says the wheel guide "... will be available in upcoming mini catalogs and the next Idea book & Catalog." You're in luck!

MSBetsyZ 11-18-2004 08:17 PM

So far I've gotten See with the Heart, the Twinkle Wheel and Catchin' Air, but my list is LONG....after seeing all the great samples, especially with Bundle Up, I'm regretting my decision to wait on the rest. ARGH!! I may have to quit hanging around here until November is over, just so I have a chance of sticking to my guns!

Hugs,
Betsy