Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-09-2008, 12:40 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ideas for Wedding Decorations

I need help from all of you fellow stampers! I am getting married in June & I would like to know if you have some easy & inexpensive ideas for wedding reception decorations and fovors. I am getting married outside & the reception is going to be held outside under a covered pavillion. I would like to come up with decorations that I wouldn't be stuck with after the wedding/reception is over with. Any ideas that you can give me would be deeply appreciated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2008, 12:50 PM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

At my wedding, I did sour cream style packets using vellum and stamped with the colors of my wedding( I think I used a heart stamp). It used my wedding color ribbon and attached a small heart shaped tag that said from the mr. and mrs. You can fill them with any kind of candy, mints or chocolate, although in summer I would definitely suggest mints or hard candy of some sort!!. They really added a lot to the table. There is also a tutorial on here under the christmas projects for a paper tree, which I think would be really neat to make to. Hope this helps a little. By the way, Congrats!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2008, 01:15 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

One of the card sketch cards today had used seed packets with a link to the template and covers for it. They would be really cute for a wedding and if you had them left over, you can plant a flower garden.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2008, 06:59 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Love the ideas that I have so far. Thanks ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2008, 07:53 AM   #5  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

I just did the decorations for my MIL/FIL wedding anniversary party that were a big hit. I used generic candles I got from AC Moore and a large ginger jar style clear glass vase, also from ACM (on sale of course!!!)
I stamped the Baroque Motifs swirl onto tissue paper in SU's gold ink then embossed it onto the candles
(see tutoral:Stamping On Candles Tutorials at Splitcoaststampers)

Then I used white SaZon ink to stamp the little daisy like flower all over the glass (you can bearly see it in the pic). i found the gold ball grape vine wreathy things at Jo Ann's for the base. I found some awesome fabric with gold swirls (Crhistmas trim) that worked to set the centerpiece on. (((Little hint, to raise the centerpiece up, I used cake and pie pans hidden by a gold napkin and my swirly fabric... an old Christopher Lowell trick)))!

Around the base I used the little votive holders at ACM and did a lamp shade out of vellum using the Baroque Motifs stamp in Brilliance Gold and the little flowers in white staZon ink.

At the end of the party, the large centerpieces went to the Aunts or significant attendees so they all went home with them (I did keep one). The little votives went home with all the cousins and friends (one per family).

You could change this basic idea to fit any color scheme! Hope it sparks some ideas!
Attached Thumbnails
Ideas for Wedding Decorations-votives-stamped-candles.jpg   Ideas for Wedding Decorations-table-decs-w-stamped-candles-comp.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2008, 09:15 AM   #6  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

These were my wedding favors- everyone loved them and they were such a big hit. And it was something different, which is what I was looking for.

My Wedding Favors - Lottery Tickets by LaLatty at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2008, 09:25 AM   #7  
Glitter Guru

I went to the dollar store and bought the little white favor boxes (pkgs of 12) and stamped them in the wedding colors. Gotta have a week to let them dry, or use a permanent ink. Filled them with mylar shreds and peppermint star candies and a thank you note for coming. Each guest had one at their plate. DD got married in August in St. Louis, and it was HOT!

I also got the real short, squat candle bowls, put a couple of decorative stones in the wedding colors (black and red) in the bottom and put a floating candle in each one. I scattered silk rose petals around the bowl on the white tablecloth. I had a larger bowl, same style at the bride's table with two floating candles. The bowls are inexpensive at Walmart, or with a coupon from Michaels, one at a time. I liked that the centerpieces were short and guests could converse across the table with ease. It was really lovely.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2008, 09:57 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

This is not stamped (gasp!) but at my brother's wedding last fall, we made these dahlia flowers out of colored tissue paper. Its a Martha Stewart idea on her website. If you can't find it on her site, let me know and I'll dig around for it. they were super easy to do and just GORGEOUS when they were done. And then I opened my big mouth and we ended up doing 100 little ones for the silver ware/napkin wrap (small wedding but still ---) the table was gorgeous with the different colored napkin rings and the bigger dahlias were hanging from the ceiling. Very inexpensive and we got a bunch of people together in a night and did them all. Did it right before the wedding since you don't want them to get all squishy (well the big ones we did right before, the napkins we stored in a box). Anyway, let me know if you want more info on them.

For the wedding favors, she had all these little bottles of bubbles and we wrapped ribbon (matching her colors) around them and tied a punched out card stock that matched their colors (with the word window punch) that just said Vaughn and Julia (umm, their names), punched a hole in them and tied them to the ribbon.

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2008, 10:42 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Love the decorations. The tables look lovely.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2008, 10:44 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Default Love the wedding favors

Love them. I will have to mention these to my fiance'. Thanks for sharing this with me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLattyView Post
These were my wedding favors- everyone loved them and they were such a big hit. And it was something different, which is what I was looking for.

My Wedding Favors - Lottery Tickets by LaLatty at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2008, 11:45 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to Charmed

For my wedding, I took the white mini christmas tree lights (on sale after christmas!) and twisted them around some 6ft strands of ivy and white tule, and then layed them down the center of rectangle tables.

From the cieling, I hung on wide blue ribbon some wicker balls (intertwined twig balls) and strung lots of the twinkling christmas tree lights as well.

At the end of the wedding, as I did not want to keep all the decorations, I donated them to the local seinors centre - they love them, and use them all the time.

Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2008, 01:36 PM   #12  
Mad Swapper

I just posted a protoype of a candy/place card for a friend in my gallery. Here is the link:
Favor/Place Card-Box by 1flourish at Splitcoaststampers

Hope this can help.
FLLC (Flourishes) gallery
Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2008, 07:36 AM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

Love the candy/place card holder. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flourishesView Post
I just posted a protoype of a candy/place card for a friend in my gallery. Here is the link:
Favor/Place Card-Box by 1flourish at Splitcoaststampers

Hope this can help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2008, 07:37 AM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

You ladies are amazing. I am getting so many different ideas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2008, 08:21 AM   #15  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

I don't have a stamping suggestion, but I wanted to mention an idea for the candy.
You can go on the M&M website and order M&Ms in a wide variety of colors. You might be able to get your wedding colors. I can't remember if you can get your initials. These would be fun to put inside some of the ideas the other ladies are suggesting. (I can't claim this idea as my own. I received some as a favor at a wedding. They actually had huge bowls filled with the wedding color M&Ms, and little clear bags and ribbon so you could take home as many as you wanted. I took some home to my kids.)
I have since checked out the website. I believe it is the Mars website.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2008, 10:15 AM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

Default M&M's in Wedding Colors

I love the idea. With the wedding being held in June, chocolate may be out of the question for favors for my guests though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnewithaneView Post
I don't have a stamping suggestion, but I wanted to mention an idea for the candy.
You can go on the M&M website and order M&Ms in a wide variety of colors. You might be able to get your wedding colors. I can't remember if you can get your initials. These would be fun to put inside some of the ideas the other ladies are suggesting. (I can't claim this idea as my own. I received some as a favor at a wedding. They actually had huge bowls filled with the wedding color M&Ms, and little clear bags and ribbon so you could take home as many as you wanted. I took some home to my kids.)
I have since checked out the website. I believe it is the Mars website.
Reply With Quote Likes