Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-06-2007, 01:19 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen41472
I really don't have time to read through the whole post, but I have to tell you, this is exactly how I feel!! I have been talking to my girlfriend back home (my bestest stamping buddy) and I have come to a conclusion. I sit and look at all the beautiful stuff that is posted on SCS everyday, add this and that to my favs all the time, buy new stuff, collect all sorts of things to alter etc. But in the end, I feel like I can't even come close to comparing, or I can't even come up with my own ideas. Then when I actually make something, I never feel like it is good enough..........I don't know how to get over all of this. If anyone has any suggestions, short of not looking at SCS (not an option!! LOL) speak up, and hurry up too!! LOL
I feel intimidated by this site too sometimes. But everyone here is so supportive and helpful. You just need to realize that some people have different styles and ideas, so CASE a few but maybe don't post them if you don't like them, but I bet there would be a lot of disappointed people if you didn't! I took a peek at your gallery and really liked what I saw. Decide what it is that you don't like about your cards, then maybe try a new technique or one of the challenges. I also look at other websites and magazines for inspiration. Please don't give up!!!!
Ann
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2007, 01:42 PM   #42  
Stampin' Fool

[QUOTE=JulieHRR]Someone else mentioned having missed you of late, and I just wanted to say that I had been, too. {{{hugs}}}

A visit to your gallery is like breathing in clean, fresh air, for my own creative spirit.

Thanks Julie, that is a very nice of you to say!!

Please take a stroll through my gallery!
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=76367
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2007, 01:49 PM   #43  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampGroover
Hey I have been wondering where you were I always check your gallery! I love your cards!! Hope you make some more soon...I am going to see if you have made any today.....

Thanks!! Sorry, no cards today. Thanks for inspiring me not to give up yet!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2007, 11:04 PM   #44  
Kookie Creator

Send a message via Skype™ to dastamper

I have been a stamping slump since November. I just had my son in January. I had a stamp-a-stack in Nov. Oh I held another class in March so I made like 12 cards. That was fun. Sometimes I have urges to make some cards, but I get caught up in what if my son wakes up for his nap(s). By late evening
I feel lazy. I spend lots of time stalking SCS while my son is sleeping and sometimes when he is up. I see all the cool cards and think "Whoa I wish I could make this or that." Anyhow, thanks for this thread. I am not alone. Really I am blessed with what I have I just need to go for it. Right now I'm going to stamp. Son is sleeping and husband can monitor him. I will try out some of the SCS challenges.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2007, 03:40 AM   #45  
Crimping Master

I hadnt stamped in a long time, probally like 6 plus months. So I hosted a SU workshop to motivate me. Then got invited to another workshop, which is where I found out about this website. I am totally motivated now
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2007, 06:40 AM   #46  
Hardware Hotshot

I haven't stamped in so long, I feel like a fraud coming to SCS sometimes LOL
I'm glad you posted this!

My issue is partly time....
My kids are in 3 different schools right now, and I work from home. The kids' schedules are 7:15am, 8:00am, 9:00am, 11:45am, 2:30pm, 3:30pm.... then Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat and Sun there is something afterschool or in the evening for one or another member of the family.
Plus I have to fit in 20 hours of work in there, too. Oh and the house and animals!!

When I stamp, I want a wide stretch of time so I don't need to watch the clock (which I have to do obsessively so I don't forget anyone) - and with this schedule, it just isn't working for me. I miss my art time.

And.... I still buy sets! Even though I never stamp - I'm building up my "stash" for when I do have the time to let the creativity loose!

I also have mass supplies of fabric.....
But I am thrilled to say I have been working on a quilt for one of my kids and it feels great!

Stamping will come back.... it has too!
I have too much *stuff* for it not to! (crosses fingers tightly)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2007, 08:16 AM   #47  
Gallery Gazer

I went through a 1 year slump in both stamping and scrapbooking! Don't get rid of all your stuff, but do get rid of some of it if it helps you a little! I used scrappin kit to make 60+ easy cards and that got me out of my slump and into stamping again. I don't worry about making my Christmas cards, though! That is just too much stress for me! Good luck and hang in there, I am sure things will get better!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2007, 09:09 AM   #48  
Polyshrink Goddess

I go through phases with different activities. I did a few community plays and when I started, I wanted to just do as many as I could. That phase is over....then I wanted to do book clubs, then I did the gardening thing (still do but not to a great extreme), etc.

I found stamping and so far it hasn't waned and I hope it never does. I really enjoy it. However, I can see how not having any space would be frustrating because it is for me!!

DON'T SELL YOUR STAMPS!!!!!!! Even if you don't stamp, you might be inspired later and regret it. That's just me talkin' LOL Don't stress out over it, though. If you stamp, great! If you don't, great! Maybe try a challenge or two and just make one card or play around with your stash of stuff. As for not being able to think of your own layout, I would case until the cows came home. LOL I found myself doing that, just so that I could start somewhere and even though I still do it, I find myself changing little things...the color, then adding some layers in this section and then adding primas or brads or stickles or whatever until in the end, it looks NOTHING like the original card! LOL

Lots of **hugs** to you and I hope you feel better! Keep in touch whether you stamp or not!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2007, 10:03 AM   #49  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hang in there. Every one of us have been through slumps..I have!
Just wait and see how you feel.
I totally agree with Julie---when I was stamping because I HAD to, I got to the point where I wasn't enjoying it anymore.
Now, I stamp for me. I never make the same exact card twice..I dont think I can! Christmas is bought cards with my kids pictures on it and I never have the pressure of getting it done.
Since eliminating all the reasons why I HAD to stamp, I now stamp more than ever (at least a card a day!)
Maybe you need to just start creating for yourself and then the joy will come back....
Good luck! Hugs...you can do it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2007, 10:48 AM   #50  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just noticed this thread I started back in March has resurfaced! I have to say - thank you all for your supportive words and encouragement. I'm happy to report, I've got my Stampin' Mojo BACK! I haven't really posted anything I've done but I've made a bunch of cards ... some that I needed to give to people (birthdays, thank yous, sympathy) and others that I just did for the fun of it! Now there's a novel idea!! Stamping for the fun of it!! I did go to a local event here in GA. I was injured so couldn't fully participate but it was so much fun to be around other stampers and see all their beautifully inspiring work. I'm going to another one in June! I still haven't started on my Christmas cards yet (DOH!) but that's OK ... I'm a happy stamper right now!

Thanks again for the encouragement!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2007, 11:22 AM   #51  
Stampin' Fool

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJStamper
I just noticed this thread I started back in March has resurfaced! I have to say - thank you all for your supportive words and encouragement. I'm happy to report, I've got my Stampin' Mojo BACK! I haven't really posted anything I've done but I've made a bunch of cards ... some that I needed to give to people (birthdays, thank yous, sympathy) and others that I just did for the fun of it! Now there's a novel idea!! Stamping for the fun of it!! I did go to a local event here in GA. I was injured so couldn't fully participate but it was so much fun to be around other stampers and see all their beautifully inspiring work. I'm going to another one in June! I still haven't started on my Christmas cards yet (DOH!) but that's OK ... I'm a happy stamper right now!

Thanks again for the encouragement!
So glad to have you back, Tracey!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2007, 11:59 AM   #52  
Crimping Master

In the last 3 months I lost my best customer(she signed up to be a Demo with another Demo) My youngest daughter was diagnossed in the 1%range of being mentally handicapped and my other customers well...after they found I have not heard from them at all even though I still send them my newletters. SO at first I got really down about all of it and didn't want to stamp it felt like a chore. Just in the past few weeks I made the choice to just stamp for me and to stamp with my kids. Its been GREAT!!!..its motivated me to want to stamp and to want to hold bigger workshops and classes so I called the local Library and also our church. (nothing back yet)..but its really helped to just take a break and stamp for just me and my kids.

Its ok to NOT want to stamp once in awhile!!!!

http://stampingmarina.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2007, 12:17 PM   #53  
Polyshrink Goddess

Get a good card making book for inspiration. One I like that I got recently is "10 Minute Cards to Give and Share". Lots of the samples use SU stuff, and the ones that don't can be substituted. "The Joy of Cardmaking" is good too. After you make a few simple ones, I'll bet you'll get the creative bug again.

While I agree about mass production, I have tried to always make two whenever I make a card. That way I have one to send and one to use as a sample for another time.

I also made card fronts with several of the Simply Scrappin kits. When I need a quick card, I can just add it to the front and I'm done. I either use it with no sentiment, or stamp a quick sentiment - easy peezy.

Most importantly, don't sweat it - you'll get the bug again. Just give yourself permission to NOT stamp for a while and it'll pass. Good Luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2007, 01:29 PM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marinaof5
In the last 3 months I lost my best customer(she signed up to be a Demo with another Demo) My youngest daughter was diagnossed in the 1%range of being mentally handicapped and my other customers well...after they found I have not heard from them at all even though I still send them my newletters. SO at first I got really down about all of it and didn't want to stamp it felt like a chore. Just in the past few weeks I made the choice to just stamp for me and to stamp with my kids. Its been GREAT!!!..its motivated me to want to stamp and to want to hold bigger workshops and classes so I called the local Library and also our church. (nothing back yet)..but its really helped to just take a break and stamp for just me and my kids.

Its ok to NOT want to stamp once in awhile!!!!
Marinaof5 ... (((HUGS))) ... sounds like you've had a rough time of it lately. I'm sorry... I'm glad things are starting to look up for you. Hang in there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2007, 02:30 PM   #55  
Die Cut Diva

Don't give up. Creativity is closely linked to your state of mind. If you're not happy you'll have more difficulty being creative.

I had a 4-year period where I knew I couldn't get in a creative mood and I just packed up my stamps and put them in storage. If you get rid of your stuff your will regret it later. Your slump is temporary.
He set His STAMP of ownership on us, and put His spirit in our hearts as a deposit 2 Cor 1:22 Jan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2007, 03:31 PM   #56  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts

I haven't had a slump that's lasted more than a day or two, but I've found this thread interesting. I know that if I spent less time on SCS, I'd have more time to stamp! I've toyed with the idea of a timer, etc, but haven't really done it yet! <g> I'm also CASE'er - I almost always start my cards with something from the wonderful Gallery here. I usually change things around, but sometimes I don't! I rarely post my CASE'd cards if they're close to the original.

One thing that helps me is to tidy-up my stamp room. If my table is a mess and I have a hard time finding stuff, it's frustrating. So if I clean off the table as best I can, put down a clean (or less-used <g>) piece of grid paper, I can get inspired just from having a tidier space to stamp in! :-)

Interesting discussion! I have a lot of non-SU stamps from before I found SU. Most are Hero Arts and I have a lot of misc craft store ones that aren't anything special. I almost never use them, but I still have them. Now I've started to buy the Papertrey sets - what have I gotten myself into?! <g>

I also think that the sheer volume of STUFF can be overwhelming at times, and inhibit your creativity!
~ Susan - Celebrating 19 years as an SU demo! Grammy to Anna 15, Elizabeth 14, Nora 12, Abigail 12, Kendall 10 , Isaac 10, Evan 7, and Hudson 3 with me in my avatar Proud to be SCS Fan Club Member since the beginning!
Reply With Quote Likes