Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Who will be the first to post "Art of Life" (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/who-will-first-post-art-life-33943/)

ninatar 03-08-2005 12:00 PM

Who will be the first to post "Art of Life"

Who will be the "hostess with the mostest" and be the first to post a card using "Art of Life" from the Spring mini?

Shell 03-08-2005 12:12 PM

LOL! I wish I could say that I will be. I want that set so badly!!! I don't have it yet ... but I have 3 months to get it.

I can't wait to see the samples!

sherristampsalot 03-08-2005 12:25 PM

So does that mean demonstrators can't get the set in a supply order or something like that? I would think they would let you buy one to "entice" your hostesses!

kayinrd 03-08-2005 12:31 PM

I *LOVE* that set....ooooohhhh I want it bad, too! But I don't think there is any chance. I did get Occasionally and I like it...but...........
Hopefully my demo will get it so I can borrow it from her!

mamakimberly 03-08-2005 12:40 PM

ohhhhhhhhhhhh I LOVE that set!!!!!!!!!

Since I am placing *NO* orders in the next 3 months it will not be me :(

boohooo.... my only hope is if my sister Emily earns it (fingers crossed very tightly)

Motherof6 03-08-2005 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherristampsalot
So does that mean demonstrators can't get the set in a supply order or something like that? I would think they would let you buy one to "entice" your hostesses!

Demos have to earn it just like everybody else.... :cry:

stepheb 03-08-2005 12:44 PM

Maybe I will.... I luckily had some customer orders to place along with my own... so I am getting it this Thursday!!!!

It's a race.... who will post first???!!!????

Lisa S 03-08-2005 12:45 PM

Demo's have to earn it too, and I did this month - it will arrive on Thurs. - look for samples this weekend!

WHOO HOOO

NiceRAK 03-08-2005 12:49 PM

my set will be here FRIDAY!!!!

StamperedChef 03-08-2005 01:07 PM

I just got it this morning. I will see what I can do for making a card with it! :) edit: I lied. I cant keep this set, so I just listed it in the FSOT. I have never seen a hostess appreciation set make the catty.

vkillmore 03-08-2005 01:28 PM

I want the set too! I check every day to see if any one has posted. I checked ebay this morning and art of life sold for $63.00. I can't belive it. I hope it becomes a set in the new catalog! what do you think? :lol:

AprilJP 03-08-2005 01:28 PM

Mine (or rather my mom's and mine) will be here Thursday, too. :D

emilymomto3boys 03-08-2005 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamakimberly
ohhhhhhhhhhhh I LOVE that set!!!!!!!!!

Since I am placing *NO* orders in the next 3 months it will not be me :(

boohooo.... my only hope is if my sister Emily earns it (fingers crossed very tightly)

What....NO orders?!?!?!

julia_s 03-08-2005 01:38 PM

how does a demo "earn" the HA set? by her sales (her clients parties, etc) or by what she buys for herself?
thanks
julia

Motherof6 03-08-2005 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julia_s
how does a demo "earn" the HA set? by her sales (her clients parties, etc) or by what she buys for herself?
thanks
julia

By being the hostess herself.

stephleider 03-08-2005 01:41 PM

Never in the catty!

Quote:

I hope it becomes a set in the new catalog! what do you think?
Hostess Appreciation sets (the first set in every mini except SAB) are never available for purchase so they'll never be in the catty. That's what makes them so exclusive and sought-after!

I agree -- it's a beautiful set. So call your favorite demo and host a party that hits $400 -- or a series of parties (each $150 or more) that collectively total $400 during the quarter. I have one customer who LOVES that set and is therefore placing a $150 order for herself now and will host her party in May to be sure she reaches $400 during the quarter.

Stephanie

lilybeansmom 03-08-2005 01:43 PM

Sometimes, you can combine "hostess" orders. If you have two shows go in that don't reach $400 each, you can use the hostess name over again and get the sets that way....just a thought :wink:

debbiedee 03-08-2005 02:12 PM

I wish me!!!!!!! I LOVE this set!! But there is no way I will earn it. Anyone get it and not want it, please remember me. Ü
Debbie

kriegermom 03-08-2005 02:14 PM

LILY!!! OMG, i totally didn't think to do that! My good friend is putting in a hostess order tomorrow and i can put it n MY name. That'll get me there! I love you :D

mamakimberly 03-08-2005 02:17 PM

krieger.... just be careful with that because if your friend wants to put in another hostess order to earn the set and you've already redeemed it "for" her.... it can get risky :) but I've done that before!

shannon m 03-08-2005 02:37 PM

I get mine on Thursday! I normally don't keep them since I can't use them to demo with, but this one I like and want to keep for myself!! :D

FlyGirlStamper 03-08-2005 03:04 PM

My set is here and mounted last night.....just need to take the time to use it!!!! :?

sheripayne 03-08-2005 03:05 PM

Quote:

Hostess Appreciation sets (the first set in every mini except SAB) are never available for purchase so they'll never be in the catty. That's what makes them so exclusive and sought-after!

I agree -- it's a beautiful set. So call your favorite demo and host a party that hits $400 -- or a series of parties (each $150 or more) that collectively total $400 during the quarter. I have one customer who LOVES that set and is therefore placing a $150 order for herself now and will host her party in May to be sure she reaches $400 during the quarter.
Is that SU policy or something? I was curious because the Occasionaly set was designed to go with another set in the mini, so I thought they might make a future catalog. Does anyone else know SU policy on this?

lilybeansmom 03-08-2005 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kriegermom
LILY!!! OMG, i totally didn't think to do that! My good friend is putting in a hostess order tomorrow and i can put it n MY name. That'll get me there! I love you :D

Glad I could help!!! I usually get a couple of the ha sets this way. :lol:

VTstamper 03-08-2005 03:58 PM

I should be getting mine on Thursday. It really is not my taste, so I maybe posting it on BST. The chat in BST is one sold for $63 on eBay. But this is not the route I want to take. All of you inspire me so much and I would much rather someone SCS have it, so Keep Your Eyes Open - I just have to decided what I want to trade for.

Happy Stampin'

phuncropper 03-08-2005 04:01 PM

I am dying of jealously for those of you who receive this! There isn't a chance in the world for me unless I am willing to mortgage my house to buy it on eBay -- cause you KNOW it will show up there!

<Sigh> Just gonna have to live viariously through you all! (Lisa, I know i will be seeing your samples~

dashpaugh 03-08-2005 04:36 PM

Art of Life

WooHoo! I just got this set today! I'll try to do something worth posting with it tonight.

Debra

kriegermom 03-09-2005 06:42 AM

mamakimberly----i told her what i was gonna do and she said "no problem". So we're squared away. Thanks for mentioning it though

Kris

stampkat 03-09-2005 07:12 AM

I love this set and just posted a card this morning that I made in about 5 minutes last night with the Art of Life set. You can see it if you like in my gallery which is under stampkat

:)