Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   who here on scs is your biggest Inspiration. (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/who-here-scs-your-biggest-inspiration-312566/)

Lisa62 01-05-2008 01:31 PM

who here on scs is your biggest Inspiration.

I think for me it is kitty747. I know there are so many to chose from. I get so much inspiration from this site alone, I never really have to look anywhere else.

So thanks scs for this site and for bringing us all the inspiration we need to buy more stamps from SU to continue making this the number 1 website for Su stamp ideas.

krystie lee 01-05-2008 01:52 PM

Too many people to mention. Just going by what's in my gallery right now though, JulieHRR and StarofMay have had the biggest influence.

denidill 01-05-2008 02:01 PM

I can't say just one!

I'd have to say NiteStamper, Markies' Mom, Cyndi Haffner (sp?) and LauraLy. I don't have just one and have left a TON of people off. These are just the first few that popped into my head.

My list is long and I often PM or e-mail stampers who inspire me since I feel sometimes comments don't truly let them know how I feel about them and their work.

cardmaker2 01-05-2008 02:19 PM

I can't come up with one individual either, here are so many. If I see a card I love, I save to my faves, then case if occasion arises. Then I PM the person so they know they inspired me. One day that will happen back to me and what a thrill it will be!

I know I have cased stampinwithsilvia, lauraly, and others. Certainly not the 'big names' necessarily.

smitty2004 01-05-2008 02:24 PM

everyone. it maybe something as simple as a technique, a color, a layout, often the challenges, but every member of SCS that posts has offered something to me. so for me it is the entire melting pot. i think i tend to gravitate towards a style or color, not just necessarily the artist. it's the whole board,baby, the whole board!

cardmaker2 01-05-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty2004 (Post 8230343)
everyone. it maybe something as simple as a technique, a color, a layout, often the challenges, but every member of SCS that posts has offered something to me. so for me it is the entire melting pot. i think i tend to gravitate towards a style or color, not just necessarily the artist. it's the whole board,baby, the whole board!

Well put! I think that should have been my answer too...
that is it exactly!:)

stampinchampin 01-05-2008 02:37 PM

I have not been out here long but I really like the work of momis mama.

quirky62 01-05-2008 02:45 PM

I adore the shabby chic style of Flaxy Chic; everything she creates, I go crazy over!

quirky62 01-05-2008 02:46 PM

Oops, meant to say Flaxy Chick.;)

lutheran 01-05-2008 02:49 PM

When I am stuck for an idea I check what's new in the Color Challenges and JeanneS gallery.
Then I know I will walk away inspired and ready to stamp!
Mary Beth

Mahloumel 01-05-2008 03:10 PM

Since I first began browsing the SCS gallery, my paper crafting style and the types of projects I make has changed dramatically. It was only after seeing many beautiful cards using a myriad of techniques and tools that I became comfortable trying some of them out. Two years ago if you'd told me I'd be using Prismacolours and OMS I would have said you were nutso! :D

These days, I think I turn to

1) stargirl's gallery for inspiration, because that girl is bold, fearless and extremely talented! She can do anything!

2) Mona Lisa's blog for inspiration, because she makes such beautiful cards using product lines I love and shop from. She has and shares so much knowledge, I always learn a new way of doing something from her!

3) the SCS gallery uploaders! The gallery is full of so many wonderful creations and I've learned so much from everyone who's shared! All y'all's inky fingers have reached into my crafting room and influenced and inspired me!

Carole4312 01-05-2008 03:38 PM

The truly wonderful ladies on the "... not all from Canada" thread ...

Dione 01-05-2008 03:39 PM

Pugs99 and Carrie3118. Their ATCs and inchies are what I aspire too, but don't think I will ever be able to accomplish!

NancyK. 01-05-2008 04:14 PM

I am always looking at Sharon Johnson's gallery - aka - notimetostamp. It's filled with drop dead gorgeous creations.

cincimom 01-05-2008 05:23 PM

I'm another very big fan of notimetostamp Sharon Johnson. I want to be just like her when I grow up stamping wise!!

AlternateReality 01-05-2008 05:38 PM

SophieLaFontaine is a true artist. I will never have her talent for drawing and coloring, but her style and aesthetic inspire me.

Also, the many people who always take the time to comment on gallery uploads are a HUGE inspiration. Thank you!

pattyb 01-05-2008 07:13 PM

I've been inspired by so many people I couldn't possibly name them all!

But the one person that encourages me to "expand" myself would have to be JulieHRR. Partly because her style is so different than mine, but also because she's so helpful, perky, and supportive.

She's kinda like Rachel Ray of the stampin' world - JMHO

Sibilance7 01-05-2008 08:14 PM

Starofmay's stuff is so breathtaking! I think my gallery is going to end up with a bunch of copies of her cards! I'm so new, though, that I'm pretty much inspired by everyone. Every card I made this morning was a CASE from someone here!

Maggie's Mummy 01-05-2008 08:24 PM

Like so many ladies before me, I tend to browse the galleries and look more closely at those creations that catch my eye. There are certainly some cards, just from looking at them, that I know who created them from their style and colour and even stamp sets. I think the most important thing is to appreciate those that give us inspiration and acknowledge them accordingly, as they inspire us. Whether I CASE a card or just use a card to inspire me because of the colours, stamps or sketches, I try to acknowledge the original artist. That's why one of my New Year's Resolutions (not that I normally have any - lol!!!) is to cruise the galleries more regularly and to make sure I acknowledge my favourite creations each week in the favourites thread.

What a truly wonderful site this is!!!!!!

sewsplendidstamper 01-05-2008 08:33 PM

Right at the moment, ok it's been a long moment, Taylor inspires me with her wonderful use of textures, colors, embellishments. Her work is very comforting and wonderful to receive :mrgreen:

Check out her gallery

momis mama 01-05-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinchampin (Post 8230488)
I have not been out here long but I really like the work of momis mama.

WOW!!

thank you so very much!

i am like speachless... that's rare!

Glitterati 01-05-2008 09:10 PM

There are so many outstanding artists on SCS that it's hard to choose. If I was forced to pick just one, it would have to be Michelle Zindorf. Her work is breathtaking. My other favorites are Lauraly, Kittie747, Duckwaddlequack and Flaxy Chick. Their work is exquisite and they really inspire me.

Jen Guarino 01-05-2008 09:18 PM

I could list 50 but when I am really in a rut I check out BadSherry, JeanneS, DawnL, LacyQuilter, Jen70, reneejul1, bambi64.....Yes, all fellow stalkers but they keep me inspired :) This site is full of amazing designers!

CardFanatic 01-05-2008 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuarinoMom (Post 8238041)
I could list 50 but when I am really in a rut I check out BadSherry, JeanneS, DawnL, LacyQuilter, Jen70, reneejul1, bambi64.....Yes, all fellow stalkers but they keep me inspired :) This site is full of amazing designers!

OOGA! :mrgreen:

palval77 01-05-2008 09:58 PM

Too many to name.

LuckyGirl 01-05-2008 10:33 PM

Many... from the ones here that post hundreds of beautiful creations, to the lesser quantity (note, I said quantity, not quality, LOL :rolleyes: } crafters like myself.... I find inspiration everywhere here.

One name that comes to mind, though, is Zindorf. I just love her take on things...

wendalyn 01-06-2008 01:49 AM

Lauraly and Kittie - I love all their cards they are absolutely gorgeous.

annebarc 01-06-2008 04:00 AM

Markie's Mom, without a doubt. I can't even come close to her beautiful work but she has inspired me to layer more and use my background stamps and flourishes. I think her work is stunning!
But, with that said, I think all of the people on this website do amazing work and have gotten inspiration from many -- too many to list. This is an amazing group of stampers!

lcmdws 01-06-2008 04:42 AM

The first card I saw in the galleries using the cuttlebug was jojot - and it remains my favorite even now - it is a Christmas card made of white and cranberry (colors, not nec. the correct product names) with cuttlebug snowflakes and some snowflake brads - SIMPLY GORGEOUS. I was so new tp the site when I discovered it, I tried to favorite it and couldn't get it to work so just added the entire addy to my system faves and a cuttlebug was my Christmas gift to myself...Many others have inspired me as well, but that one card touches something in me that resonates...here is the link: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...s,%20cuttlebug

Vee 01-06-2008 12:08 PM

Daven and Tracy.

'nuf said.

Les' Girl 01-06-2008 01:07 PM

star of may (http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=87049) hands down! Although I do get inspiration from so many of you as well!

Clownmom 01-06-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincimom (Post 8233814)
I'm another very big fan of notimetostamp Sharon Johnson. I want to be just like her when I grow up stamping wise!!

Yep, me too. I just subscribed to her blog -- and it's because of her that I just ordered a Scor-Pal.

npstamper 01-06-2008 01:32 PM

I have to say Markie's Mom. Her beautiful cards have inspired me to try more layering and embellishments. I also like Jan Tink. She has great tutorials and she's a real hoot.

scrappinforNate 01-06-2008 01:52 PM

Lauren, aka mytime... Her style is on par with mine and she always enables me.. just like with CC Designs Stamps :)

I love Markie's Mom for the wow factor.. she has fantastic cards but I can never seem to imitate the level of her art.. it;s just too amazing :)

Tavias Charms 01-06-2008 01:58 PM

there are just too many on my list. i guess i would say all of you. each and every one of you offers something new everyday...it could be a coloring technique, or an introduction to a new tool or product...or a color scheme, or a new layout ....i'm inspired everyday ...by all of you! ;-)

Cammie 01-06-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tavias Charms (Post 8243638)
there are just too many on my list. i guess i would say all of you. each and every one of you offers something new everyday...it could be a coloring technique, or an introduction to a new tool or product...or a color scheme, or a new layout ....i'm inspired everyday ...by all of you! ;-)

EXACTLY!

There are sooo many on there that are soo inspiring...would be difficult to name just one!

Mrs.Q 01-06-2008 09:32 PM

There ae so many amazing stampers here for me to pick just one, but if I chose one that first came to mind right now, it would have to be Krystie
(Krystie Lee). She rocks!

scrapbook4ever 01-06-2008 09:55 PM

As my sister would say, "gosh golly ge willikers" there are too many to mention, but Cindy Heffner and Markie's mom come to mind.

stargirl 01-07-2008 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel (Post 8230875)
Since I first began browsing the SCS gallery, my paper crafting style and the types of projects I make has changed dramatically. It was only after seeing many beautiful cards using a myriad of techniques and tools that I became comfortable trying some of them out. Two years ago if you'd told me I'd be using Prismacolours and OMS I would have said you were nutso! :D

These days, I think I turn to

1) stargirl's gallery for inspiration, because that girl is bold, fearless and extremely talented! She can do anything!

2) Mona Lisa's blog for inspiration, because she makes such beautiful cards using product lines I love and shop from. She has and shares so much knowledge, I always learn a new way of doing something from her!

3) the SCS gallery uploaders! The gallery is full of so many wonderful creations and I've learned so much from everyone who's shared! All y'all's inky fingers have reached into my crafting room and influenced and inspired me!

Mel, you shocked me speechless and gave me heart palpatations! I haven't even been on here but a few times in the past six months, and I innocently clicked into this thread to see what people were saying, and there was my name! NEVER, in a million years, did I expect that-nearly fell out of my chair! Thanks-YOU MADE MY DAY!

SophieLaFontaine 01-07-2008 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlternateReality (Post 8234373)
SophieLaFontaine is a true artist. I will never have her talent for drawing and coloring, but her style and aesthetic inspire me.

Wow, THANKS! I read your comment out loud to DH and he pretended to suffocate (because my swelled head was taking up all the oxygen).

I get inspiration from Markie's Mom, Mothermark, NoTimeToStamp, Krabearkub, Sweet Miss Daisy, and a lot of other people whose usernames I don't remember (but I remember their cards).