Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-26-2006, 11:18 PM   #1  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I find out...

...the going price of stamps by the Personal Stamp Exchange? I was poking around on eBay looking up what two large botanical stamps I have had for years are going for. One is the sunflowers one (k-025) and the other is a poppies one (k-1613). The sunflowers one was going for a normal price of something like $13 USD (auction here), but I found the poppies one with a buy it now of $100!!!!!! (auction here)

Whoda freakin thought??? And to think it almost got dumped in our yard sale last year excepting that I adore poppies. So, is the seller in that auction more than just a little greedy, or does their price reflect fair market value?

Thanks in advance! I am normally a Google queen but have not had much luck with this one tonight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2006, 07:00 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I'd say the one seller is being overly-optimistic, as well as greedy! ;) The best way to check the recent 'market value' on eBay is to do a Completed Listings search. Do an initial search on the stamp name, then when you have the list of current listings for that stamp, go to the left side of the screen and scroll down to the Search Options area and check the Completed Listings box and click the Show Items button. That will bring up a list of the auctions for that item that have ended within the last couple of weeks. You can see what the different listings went for, how many bids each got, etc. If one went for a lot more than the others, I usually go to the listing itself to see what was up -- most of the time it's a bidding-war between newbies. (Nice for the seller, but you can't guarantee it will happen to you!) It's a good way to check before bidding or listing -- have fun!

Happy trails....

Sue
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2006, 07:42 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Certain PSX botanicals have been going for big bucks since PSX went out of business. Some of the botanicals have been picked up by another company, I think the Sunflower is one of them, so that wouldn't have as much value. I've been tempted to sell mine on ebay but I haven't gotten around to figuring out the whole selling bit. Definitely do a completed listing search. Other stamps I've seen sell high were the PSX K-size bird stamps and the cottages and barn stamps.

Wild Rose Stamper blog
SCS gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2006, 09:23 AM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

Wow, I hope I don't wind up kicking myself over unmounting my PSX foam mounted stamp sets. But I want to *use* them, dangit! :-) Thank you for helping me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2006, 10:05 AM   #5  
cre8nart

I started a collection of the botanicals when they just came out, but unfortunately, I did not get the Frangipani (Plumeria) and the Bird of Paradise, which I wanted, when they were readily available. Now I could kick myself in the pants, because when they rarely get listed on Ebay, they always go for over $50, which I'm not willing to pay, considering they originally went for less than a third of that. Just last week, the Chrysanthemum was offered, so I tracked it to see what it would go for...$57.99! That's really ridiculous, but I guess, as long as there's someone out there willing to pay those exhorbitant amounts, the prices will just keep escalating.

On the other side of the coin, I own quite a few of the 'rare' ones, and like you, Mahloumel, I'm now in the possession of some rather valuable stamps.

Problem is, I'd never part with them, because I just love 'em, and I bought them to stamp with, not to speculate. I just wish that I'd bought those 2 when I had the opportunity.

Annie

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2006, 10:15 AM   #6  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by cre8nart
Problem is, I'd never part with them, because I just love 'em, and I bought them to stamp with, not to speculate. I just wish that I'd bought those 2 when I had the opportunity.
I hope you find the two stamps you are looking for at a swap or something! Unfortunately for me, these beautiful stamps are wasted in my crafting because I don't have anything decent to colour with, and colouring isn't really my bag to begin with. I should try playing with them some more and see if there is a way I can incorporate them into my style.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2006, 10:39 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I have found the PSX stamps for sale on this website...

www.sierraenterprises.com

they also sell the great impressions stamps!

hth!
Cathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2006, 11:29 AM   #8  
Forum Fanatic

Thanks for the link, Cathy! Just wanted to post a correction, you need a hyphen between the sierra and enterprises. my cat is "helping" me type so i can't do it in this post.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2006, 05:29 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

Mel, I know just what you mean. I loved the K-series Botanicals, but didn't feel I could do them justice, being coloring-impaired -- and so never bought any. I don't know what your style is, but here's a sample of something I did with a borrowed PSX sunflower stamp -- I used brown ink to stamp the image several times on several different colors of stock, then cut & assembled. The little coloring I did was with chalks, and I was pretty pleased with the result. Not something I'd do on a regular basis because of the time involved, but it gave me a different approach to these lovely stamps.
scpd's Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
I've uploaded it to my teeny gallery -- the image is pending approval. Hope this helps!

Happy trails....

Sue

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
I hope you find the two stamps you are looking for at a swap or something! Unfortunately for me, these beautiful stamps are wasted in my crafting because I don't have anything decent to colour with, and colouring isn't really my bag to begin with. I should try playing with them some more and see if there is a way I can incorporate them into my style.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2006, 06:43 AM   #10  
Compulsive Stamper

I didn't know PSX went out of business...shows how much I know! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2006, 07:02 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
...the going price of stamps by the Personal Stamp Exchange? I was poking around on eBay looking up what two large botanical stamps I have had for years are going for. One is the sunflowers one (k-025) and the other is a poppies one (k-1613). The sunflowers one was going for a normal price of something like $13 USD (auction here), but I found the poppies one with a buy it now of $100!!!!!! (auction here)

Whoda freakin thought??? And to think it almost got dumped in our yard sale last year excepting that I adore poppies. So, is the seller in that auction more than just a little greedy, or does their price reflect fair market value?

Thanks in advance! I am normally a Google queen but have not had much luck with this one tonight.
I own several of the PSX botanicals--hydrangea, clematis, lilac . . . some of the most beautiful stamps I have ever seen! I am so sad PSX, one of the most fabulous stamp lines I've ever seen, is now defunct at the hands of Delta. I heard speculation that someone picked it up, but seen nothing concrete that it was . . . :( Such a shame . .

The images I have are so beautiful, I am loathe to part with 'em, even if they would fetch such a price--they are highly collectible and valuable now.
Reply With Quote Likes