Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Where to purchase test tubes? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/where-purchase-test-tubes-539551/)

fordgrl 10-07-2011 06:55 AM

Where to purchase test tubes?

Bought some sixlets in orange/black/purple and I want to do little test tubes for the folks at work for Halloween. But when I go and search ebay or wherever for test tubes, they list sizes and all that. So I'm wondering what size I need, or where is a good place to buy them for craft use? I'd love to find them locally, but JoAnns didn't have any and I couldn't find them at Michaels, either.

Kharmagirl 10-07-2011 08:51 AM

Not sure of a brick and mortar store to buy them, but you can get them here at Taylored Expressions :)

Test Tubes - Set of 6

Cindy Littler 10-07-2011 10:02 AM

I had this website bookmarked for some reason. Probably got to it through one of the blogs I follow.

Home Page for Stamp On This! LLC

Hope this helps you find what you need. :-)

kimjs97 10-07-2011 04:48 PM

Where did you find the sixlets?

Kim

staceylovespaper 10-08-2011 07:06 AM

I bought some at Walmart last year or the year before at Halloween so you could try there. They were filled with gooey candy, so I did have to wash and dry them. But they had the right colors for Halloween. I think they were $5 for the 10. See my gallery for pics.

Mindykid 10-08-2011 07:17 AM

What's a sixlet?

KelliJo 10-08-2011 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimjs97 (Post 18803504)
Where did you find the sixlets?

Kim

little tiny candy covered choclate balls... like a chocolate BB... DEEEELISH!!!!

KelliJo 10-08-2011 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindykid (Post 18804900)
What's a sixlet?

LOL Thought I was quoting you... see above!!! :mrgreen:

KelliJo 10-08-2011 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kharmagirl (Post 18802266)
Not sure of a brick and mortar store to buy them, but you can get them here at Taylored Expressions :)

Test Tubes - Set of 6

I have some.... :mrgreen:

shestamps72 10-08-2011 11:04 AM

amazon.com

kspiv 10-09-2011 02:47 PM

I am gearing up for craft fair season again so I'll be up to my elbows in Sixlets! LOL

And I use sixlets because they fit in the test tubes I got and because they are gluten-free, nut-free and made in a nut-free facility. That sort of ends "most" of the allergy issues that people have with nuts.

You can by 1 color larger bags at Party City or they even have multi colored large bags.

dkessler73 10-09-2011 06:34 PM

I believe the Taylored Expression ones are not real test tubes. They have flat bottoms which might be what you want, but I got mine at Lake Charles Manufacturing 16x150 mm is like 3/4" x 6". I got the cork stoppers too. I think I got 10 tubes for 3.00. They are borosilicate though, so they can break.

star 10-09-2011 06:55 PM

Daisy, at eclecticPaperie also carries two different sizes from SRM....they are located about 2/3 down the linked page

*Brand Spankin' New*

fordgrl 10-11-2011 03:54 AM

Wow! I didn't realize there were so many replies on here! Now I gotta catch up...

As someone already replied, sixlets are little candy-coated chocolate balls (and I LOVE 'em!). :) I found individual bags of different Halloween colors in Joanns....they were pricey (about $6.99 a bag), but I had a boatload of coupons, so it wasn't so bad with those. Kelly - thanks for the info about the sixlets as well!! So basically they're 'good' for us, right?! ;)

Thanks, everyone, for your replies!!

kspiv 10-11-2011 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galet1 (Post 18813894)
Wow! I didn't realize there were so many replies on here! Now I gotta catch up...

As someone already replied, sixlets are little candy-coated chocolate balls (and I LOVE 'em!). :) I found individual bags of different Halloween colors in Joanns....they were pricey (about $6.99 a bag), but I had a boatload of coupons, so it wasn't so bad with those. Kelly - thanks for the info about the sixlets as well!! So basically they're 'good' for us, right?! ;)

Thanks, everyone, for your replies!!

One can dare to dream Toni! LOL :D Thats what I tell myself with every piece of cake I eat...but it has EGGS in it so its gotta be somewhat good. HA!