Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Where to find blank spiral bound books? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/where-find-blank-spiral-bound-books-4945/)

imastampin 07-31-2004 06:17 AM

Where to find blank spiral bound books?

I am wanting to make journals with a stamped image on the front, so the cover should be one color, no design. Does anyone have a resource for finding these?

TIA,
Karen

TexasGrammy 07-31-2004 06:28 AM

You could take cardstock (for covers) and paper to Kinko's, give them your measurements and let them make some for you. Actually, you can even buy paper for the inside pages there or at places such as Office Max. I don't know how reasonable the cost would be, but you could get the covers made from your own cardstock in the colors you prefer!
Smiles to you,
TexasGrammy

cathy lynne 07-31-2004 06:31 AM

You might want to look at barebooks.com. I've never ordered from them personally but I got the name of the website from some girls at convention last year who stamped books for her roommates. They have quite a selection.

Cathy

Kymbers_Stampin 07-31-2004 11:53 AM

I found blank covered blank page (no lines) journals at Michaels. They were spiral bound and I made a journal for our cross country trip for my daughter to write in. I decorated the front with SU stamps Highways and Byways and Classic Convertables so you could see it was for a trip. They had a great selection.

alasku2stamp 07-31-2004 03:51 PM

I have seen them too in art stores and arts and craft stores. You could most likely find them at most bookstores as well.

schrades 07-31-2004 04:50 PM

I make my own covers. Put two rubberbands on the paper to keep it in place, then unspiral the wire(it is very easy) cover the covers with cardstock or designer paper and decorate. punch holes where the wire goes thru and then spiral the wire back through! it really is very easy!

give it a try on a little note book-- then go to dollar store and pick up a few of there journals! Thats what I do for my girls all the time and their friends love them!

schrades

alasku2stamp 07-31-2004 09:45 PM

I just looked up Barebooks.com and it looks awesome! Just ordered a catty too so I can hardly wait!

Kar 08-01-2004 08:03 AM

Well it may sound easy Schrades but unspiraling it sounds like work!! lol Oh well... never tried one of these yet.

justheather 08-01-2004 08:10 AM

I have a couple of thoughts...

Sketch books in the art section sounds like what you're looking for, ready made. With the back to school sales starting, now's probably the best time to buy them. The paper comes in all sorts of qualities from premium to newsprint, and priced accordingly.

Most print shops can bind paper and cardstock for a couple bucks a pad. You'll probably have a couple different binding options from tape bound, wire spiral, plastic spiral, and comb bound. I'll bet some places would even let you cut the sheets in half and bind both for the same price as a full sheet.

I bought a comb binder off of eBay about a year ago and love it for projects like this. It only does a couple sheets at a time, but it was fairly inexpensive and the combs only run about 10 cents each.

alasku2stamp 08-01-2004 10:16 AM

I never thought about going to a printer! I wonder if we have one in town? Hmmmm....

I agree, Schrades, undoing the binding sounds like more work than I am up for. Nothing easy for one is ever easy for me! lol

JKinAK 08-01-2004 10:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I've done what Schrades talked about with small notepads. It really is easy to remove the wire! Just straighten out one end and "twirl" the wire out of the holes. You don't have to do any more bending or unbending to the wire, other than one end to remove and replace.
Try this technique, it really is easy. Plus, I think just covering the cover with cardstock makes it feel more sturdy.
Here is the photo I have uploaded of a notebook I did: