Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-24-2006, 03:39 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those of you who sell your cards

I sell my cards to family and friends ($2). They have been selling like wildfire, so I'm blessed! However, I am trying to come up with a way to inventory the cards I make and the monitor the ones I send to my mom and SIL that they in turn sell to their friends on my behalf. Does anyone out there number or name your cards and then document what's selling? I think doing something like this will help organize immensely! I take pictures of everything I make, I am was thinking maybe I could just number each card, and then put that number on each cello bag. I just don't know. Thought I'd put this out there for some feedback and help! This board rocks, so I'm sure someone can help!

Thanks,
Amy:rolleyes:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2006, 04:38 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Not sure if this would work, but you could number and then create some type of spreadsheet with the names of the people you sell to. Or create a spreadsheet of the inventory you have and then another one with what you've sold to. But if you want to correlate the pictures with it. Not sure how you do that. Your right, someone will have a brilliant idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2006, 04:59 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile

Amy,
I can't believe your question. I could just put quotation marks around yours and sign my name. I too sell my cards for $2 and my sister has opened a store at her desk where she works. I have been trying to figure out if I am really going at this the right way and haven't come up with an answer. I started keeping a copy of my cards, but that got to be a hassle. Some cards I only make 2 of, some 6, depends on what I have available as far as paper, colors etc. I now have people requesting certain designs but in different colors. Last June I made gift card holders for graduation and they started sending me the graduation announcements so I had the colors to match. I sent two gift card holders in her card box and wound up with orders for 30, all various colors. How many cards of each design should I make? I hope your questions get lots of answers because I plan on help coming my way also. Thanks!!!!
Barb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2006, 05:34 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I also sell my cards. I have 2 (almost ready for the 3rd one) big 3 ring binders (D-rings) where I have the heavy page protectors. In each page there are 2 cards , opened out, so my customers can see the front, back, and then turn the page to see the insides. There is a number strip down the left side of the front of the page. Then I have boxes (from Ikea) that are heavy duty cardboard, where I have corresponding number tabs. Behind the number tab, I have the same cards (I make 4 extra every time I stamp a card) in the SU clear cello bags with a matching envelope.

When someone orders, I have a simple order sheet that says what card number and how many of that card. It is very easy to keep track of orders. I do have a book with cards I send regularly (to relatives) where I just list the card number. That way, I don't send the same card year after year to the same person! I think I have pictures if you would like to see my system, but I would have to email them to you 'cause I don't know how to put them on here.

hth,
Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2006, 05:34 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

I would use numbers and letters. I sell bracelets on eBay and for home parties and label my samples like this occasionally. For instance if you had loads of love cards:

LOL HB (happy birthday) 1 (for the design #)

Or if you did a Graduation pocket card or trifold or???/

LOLgradPC1
LOLgrad3F1

I bet someone else will have better ideas, but numbers alone get confusing for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2006, 06:51 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been thinking on the same lines, I've come up with this....
Since I scan my cards, I'm going to print them out on photo paper cut them out and use a shipping label and stick it on the back of the "imaged cut out" and number them and then put them in catagories ex: HB, Thinking of You, etc etc...
Hope my ways helps you deciede.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2006, 09:57 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

I have sold mine in the past, and while I LOVE the idea of keeping track of them all, so many times I will only make 2 or 4 of them. I do take a picture of every one of my cards and keep them in a file on my HD. If I kept a spreadsheet or something of my cards, it would be HUGE lol
Reply With Quote Likes