Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joann's is a joke!

So after their whole inconvenient website debacle this weekend, I finally was able to place an order for two Cricut cartridges at the sale price. I entered my AMEX card info, clicked submit and all of that. The order was placed clearly. I checked my account last night to see if it had been processed. Not only does that order not exist in their system, their customer service line is down now. How convenient for them! They blew it over the weekend with their website being down for 3 days and now they cut off their phone system so they don't have to listen to their customers complain. They have lost my business for good. Now that I know I can get Cricut cartridges directly from the Cricut site for much cheaper than what Joann's sells them for, it's bye bye for me. What a pathetic way to run a business.

Update- So I Googled the corporate office phone number in Ohio which isn't toll free. The woman allegedly was going to transfer me to customer service when after about 15 seconds I was hung up on! Class, real class they have.

Last edited by Melissa Hannant; 12-03-2009 at 10:05 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 05:55 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

That's too bad. I know some people have had a lot of problems with Joann's online. I tried once to order and it didn't go well. Now I just stick to the brick and mortar store or I shop elsewhere online. Good luck finding the carts you want...you should still be able to get them in time for Christmas or whichever winter holiday you celebrate! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 06:47 PM   #3  
Vee
Glitter Guru

That all happened to me last year. It was so confusing trying to check out that I had no idea if my order went or not. Well, It didn't. I forgot about double checking it against the bank and my DH did not get an Ott light for CHristmas. I was so mad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 07:12 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I think what really chaps my hide right now is that they have shut down their customer service phone line. There is no way that it went down just after their website mysteriously goes down over the weekend. That is a sign of a real carpy comapny that deserves to lose customers left and right. Guess they are so great that they just don't care if they lose customers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 07:46 PM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check their BBB rating. They have an F. The company is horrible, IMO.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 01:48 PM   #6  
Cardstock Collector

I'm glad I found this thread. I ordered to carts on the 1st. My order is still "processing". I found the two carts I wanted on amazon.com, for the same price, no tax, no shipping AND I have a Prime account. My carts will ship 12/7. I wish I had looked at amazon first.

I'm currently on hold with Joann.com right now to cancel my order. Any guesses as to when I'll actually get a customer service rep?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #7  
Cardstock Collector

HOLY CRAP ON A CRACKER!

From their website (since I'm still on everlasting hold):
Q: What if I Need to Cancel or Change My Order?

A: Please note that we are unable to cancel orders once they are submitted. If you want to change your order, please place a separate order for any item not in your original order. Your unwanted item can be returned. For product return instructions, please click on Return Policy. Once the returned item has been received at our warehouse, a credit for the product price and tax will be issued to your account in approximately 2 to 3 weeks

WHAT? My order hasn't shipped or even finished "processing". So why exactly can't they cancel it? Wow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 03:31 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

DITTO what has already been said PLUS they are more expensive 99% of the time compared to anyone else. They are my last resort after HL, M's and online. Their customer service is like Wally Worlds also no one ever knows anything about anything in their store and if you ask where something is they ALWAYS say "I don't think we carry that".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #9  
Mad Swapper

Sadly, I'm glad I;m not alone in my disdain for Joann's right now. I mean really, how do you expect to keep customers when you can't even keep your website up. I'll gladly use the 40% coupons at M's instead.
Reply With Quote Likes