Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Where do your stack of cards live? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/where-do-your-stack-cards-live-239602/)

sunnywl 04-11-2007 06:58 AM

Where do your stack of cards live?

I'm curious what your stack of cards look like and where you keep your stamped cards? How many do you have on hand? I have approx 35 hands in a "straw woven" basket lined with cloth. It's not a big deal, but I'll take a picture of where my cards call home until they are sent out and post it here later. I like to have a few on hand. Would love to see pictures!

parrothead 04-11-2007 07:31 AM

I keep mine in SU" Forget Me Not Keepers"..they have dividers and I have them labeled...Anniversary,Birthday,Christmas,Easter,No tecards,etc........

laurakj 04-11-2007 07:38 AM

My Mom got me a card holder from Hallmark a couple of years ago, it has dividers for each major holiday and then extra tabs to make your own dividers. It works really well for me :)

jazzytobi 04-11-2007 07:43 AM

i USED to have card holders with labels etc, but now that i'm up to about 120 cards, they live in a big plastic container.... i know i need to get more organized AND give away more cards. ;)

MoberKitty 04-11-2007 07:45 AM

My 'stash' resides in sheet protectors in binders from Century Photo (or Office). They have these protectors made for Polaroid photos that are perfect for our standard size card! Right now I have 2 binders, but am getting ready to branch out into a third. Very handy!

flipflopstamper 04-11-2007 07:50 AM

I have 2 altered tin containers that are jam packed! They are divided by catagories, but I am finally starting to let go and actually give them out! I just can't go to a third tin, I think I may try the binder idea for all the special ones that I might want to copy or that are done with a special technique!

jellybreadmom 04-11-2007 07:55 AM

cards

Well, I have a seldom used trifle dish on my counter for those 'quick' cards out to friends and neighbors. It's a sorce of interest to visitors and a conversation starter about stamping. :D
For other groups, I found a 'folder' pattern that I stamp in the front with the type of cards that are contained in the folder. That way I can find them very easily.
Hope this helps.
Jellybreadmom:rolleyes:

cmayk 04-11-2007 07:57 AM

I have a faux suede video box from London Drugs that I keep most of mine in and a smaller box/drawer thingy from Superstore that I have Christmas cards in. I probably have around 40 cards at the moment. I had a lot more, but sent some raks within the last month or so.

Sabrinasmom 04-11-2007 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parrothead
I keep mine in SU" Forget Me Not Keepers"..they have dividers and I have them labeled...Anniversary,Birthday,Christmas,Easter,No tecards,etc........

Me too.

kellestamps 04-11-2007 08:01 AM

Picture of my craft room shelves showing my card storage...

I store my cards in these 4 long baskets I found (see the bottom left corner of the shelves...) I have them divided into 1) birthday, 2) thank you, 3) thinking of you/friend/hello, and 4) seasonal/baby/sympathy. I sell my cards to my neighbors and like to have them in categories so people can find what they want easily. I try to have a lot of cards on hand at all times--but do I remember to send them out to my own family on time?!? Of course not. It is my new year's resolution to actually send the cards I make to the people I love!

Kelle

buggainok 04-11-2007 08:26 AM

I make and send cards right out a lot, so I don't have too many waiting around.

I do have a small plastic egg-crate type container that holds them nicely.

momis mama 04-11-2007 08:38 AM

let me start by saying... i am pretty organized over all.
now i will say that when i started thinking and looking- it seems my 'card storage' looks a bit hap-hazard.
anyway... here it is! (the many different places i discovered that i keep them) TFL

//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/527147?cat=9723
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/527148?cat=9723
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/527149?cat=9723
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/527161?cat=9723
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/527162?cat=9723
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/527163?cat=9723
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/527164?cat=9723

Jillgunter 04-11-2007 09:59 AM

I use a photobox to hold mine, I seperate them by type. It has made it easier for me to find cards to mail out.

SammyStamper 04-11-2007 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jillgunter
I use a photobox to hold mine, I seperate them by type. It has made it easier for me to find cards to mail out.

I do the same thing. I have used hanging folders but I need them for paper storage.

chrisations.ink 04-11-2007 10:23 AM

IKEA photo boxes for me. They are very sturdy and come in a pack of 2. Within the boxes, I made dividers similar to the posts before me. I like the way that these boxes stack on top of one another as well

stamper-c 04-11-2007 10:50 AM

well, when the pile by my "picture taking" station gets too high, I move them to a photo storage box with dividers in it by occasion! I really need to clean up my room - there are pics in my gallery when it was semi-tidy a while back...this post reminds me that I need to go through my stash (hard to say how many - 50 -100?) and send a bunch off to the troops...
figure this out - I make cards for the challenges...put them away (when the pile gets too high ;-) ) and then when I need a card for something...I make a new one instead of taking from my stash!!! No wonder my room is a mess!

godchick 04-11-2007 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momis mama

You are SO organized!!! It's great! giving me some inspiration to organize more of my craftin' space!!!:mrgreen:

godchick 04-11-2007 11:09 AM

Oh...to answer the question :) Right now my cards are in a small basket...which is stuffed to overflowing. I have things stacked on top of what's in the basket 'cuz nothing else will fit in it!

cmscrapper2 04-11-2007 11:27 AM

I put mine in a Creative Memories mini powersort box with dividers. It really works out great for me.

jeanstamping2 04-11-2007 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnywl
I'm curious what your stack of cards look like and where you keep your stamped cards? How many do you have on hand? I have approx 35 hands in a "straw woven" basket lined with cloth. It's not a big deal, but I'll take a picture of where my cards call home until they are sent out and post it here later. I like to have a few on hand. Would love to see pictures!

I store mine in a Photo Box.. I have file dividers for each theme. And also Under TAC, SU, and Other stamp companies
I used the same method for Storing Swaps and Raks from other's

Carol Haney 04-11-2007 12:28 PM

I usually give mine away as soon as they are made. But the ones that are waiting to get sent are in a recipe card holder that I bought at the local thrift store for 50 cents. Cheap and easy just like me LOL

Disneywed 04-11-2007 12:31 PM

This is gonna make me sound like a loony...( shocker, I know) but I bought the tag punch kit just for the blue metal box....just to keep my cards in.
I gave the spots away, use the tag once in a while, but I really really wanted that box!

LilLuvsStampin 04-11-2007 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneywed
This is gonna make me sound like a loony...( shocker, I know) but I bought the tag punch kit just for the blue metal box....just to keep my cards in.
I gave the spots away, use the tag once in a while, but I really really wanted that box!

Well, Stampin' Up loves you for it!!! Too funny!

I keep mine in clear plastic storage cases and the cards are divided up by occasion. I need to clean it out. I have some old, early ones in there that I wouldn't give to anyone. Every time I look at them, I go "ugh! what was I thinking?!?!?"

Scrapping&Stamping 04-11-2007 04:56 PM

I keep my ready to send ones in SU's forget me not keepers..
The ones that I am keeping for inspiration and/or pure beauty are in a binder in plastic sheets..

yankeewifey 04-12-2007 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilLuvsStampin
I have some old, early ones in there that I wouldn't give to anyone. Every time I look at them, I go "ugh! what was I thinking?!?!?"

I had a bunch of 'those' types of cards too and ended up selling them at a yard sale. 0.25 a piece and they went fast. I kept telling my DH... ick, what are they thinking?!?! ;)

queenoe 04-12-2007 11:51 AM

I keep mine in a photo box, no organization to them. Although now that I see the suggestion I will do it. I am like Stamper-C, instead of going into my stash when I need one, I make a new one! Seems I just get a good stash going and some one wants to buy them or like now I am giving 8 folders with 4 card each as a gift to my Cousins when we go on our Cousins Cruise. That took up all of my stash plus I had to make more. But, it gives me an excuse to stamp!

Like Kellestamps, do I remember to send them to my own family on time? NO! Easter totally got past me, and I had bought the Easter Blessings stamp set JUST for this year! Maybe next year. I am in the process of making my Mom's Mothers Day Card. Lets see if I remember to send it in time!LOL!

lynnewithane 04-12-2007 12:04 PM

I keep mine in a rubbermaid type box with a handle on it. However, that got filled up, so I overflowed into a photo box from Michael's. I used to think I needed to keep everything for ideas, but now I can just store the ideas in my gallery, so I'm able to send them to people.
I have them organized by category, but I never made dividers. I really need to do that!

KatieJeanne 04-12-2007 01:13 PM

I have a plastic box to the right of my stampin space - - - I usually have about 100 cards on hand for every occassion - - - but I am in the process of giving all my sisters a bunch (so that when baby comes - I won't have to make lots of cards for other people) So my box is empty - - - so I am now stamping away everyday!!!

GOTTA GET THAT BOX CRAMMED FULL FOR ME TO USE!!!

sallen 04-12-2007 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoberKitty
My 'stash' resides in sheet protectors in binders from Century Photo (or Office). They have these protectors made for Polaroid photos that are perfect for our standard size card! Right now I have 2 binders, but am getting ready to branch out into a third. Very handy!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! I have looked everywhere for those! Now I know!

Right now my photos are in a basket in the teachers lounge at school.... it's how I make my "mad money"!

sallen 04-12-2007 04:23 PM

Ok, my CARDS are in a basket at school.... I don't sell any photos!

Joan B 04-12-2007 05:02 PM

Oh dear. Organization isn't my strong suit. They are kind of everywhere. Like my inks. My stamps, my scraps, my uncleaned acrylics, my ribbons -- you get the picture...

snowmanqueen 04-12-2007 05:48 PM

I also keep my cards in a photo/video box. I also have them divided for different occasions. You can buy them at Hobby Lobby and Michaels. I store all my pictures in these boxes and have them divided by month and year. CJS

stampin4smiles 04-12-2007 06:41 PM

All over! I have 3 baskets full of them plus a card box with dividers for occasions. The box is always full! Yes, I send my cards out all the time. It's just so much fun to make them.

saramirez444 04-12-2007 07:05 PM

I use photo boxes too. Have 2 boxes full and cards are divided by occasion. They are nice to have out because the boxes are already decorated. Bought them at Michaels on sale.

MelissaJ 04-12-2007 07:09 PM

Ther are in a small plastic rubbermaid container until I can find better storage....haven't figured out what that is yet.

willosmama 04-12-2007 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellestamps
Picture of my craft room shelves showing my card storage...

I store my cards in these 4 long baskets I found (see the bottom left corner of the shelves...) I have them divided into 1) birthday, 2) thank you, 3) thinking of you/friend/hello, and 4) seasonal/baby/sympathy. I sell my cards to my neighbors and like to have them in categories so people can find what they want easily. I try to have a lot of cards on hand at all times--but do I remember to send them out to my own family on time?!? Of course not. It is my new year's resolution to actually send the cards I make to the people I love!

Kelle

Okay- Can I come live in your stamp room???:mrgreen: *love* it!!!

mommyof2 04-12-2007 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B
Oh dear. Organization isn't my strong suit. They are kind of everywhere. Like my inks. My stamps, my scraps, my uncleaned acrylics, my ribbons -- you get the picture...

Funny, I always pictured you to be very organized. Oh, the things that you learn about people!

crafty1021 04-12-2007 09:20 PM

I have a card divider too. I just need to get around to dividing my cards and putting them in! For right now, they are in a pile in a plastic basket...not very pretty!!

JampsterStampster 04-13-2007 06:35 AM

I keep mine in tose pretty photo boxes you can get at craft stores. I have 4 boxes of cards, organized by type of art (Medieval, contemporary, etc). That made it easier to set up wehn I'd sell them at shows.