Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Where do you buy plain white wrapping paper? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/where-do-you-buy-plain-white-wrapping-paper-6974/)

jaxma 08-23-2004 04:35 AM

Where do you buy plain white wrapping paper?

Ok, I'm clueless.

Where do you buy plain white wrapping paper that I can use my new wheels from Stampin Up on?

Any suggestions as to where to look would be appreciated! :roll:

PutterH 08-23-2004 04:38 AM

You can buy it from Stampin Up. It is a new item in this years Holiday Mini catalogue. I haven't seen or tried it myself yet, (but I will). I am also going to check out Regal store to see if they have any.

Helen

Jenmouer 08-23-2004 05:07 AM

I found some at the Dollar Store - they had a bright white and then a cream color there - they only had 2 rolls of the bright white - I have not opened it to see the quality (ie. how thin it might be) but I only plan on using it to wrap up smaller packages...

tashast 08-23-2004 08:22 AM

Hi,
Depending on the size of the gift, I have used a paper grocery bag.
It works perfectly for books, DVD & CD.

stampcrazygirl 08-23-2004 08:44 AM

I saw some at Michaels by the wrapping paper. They had a couple different type of rolls...not sure of the difference. THe price is similar to the price of the SU wrapping paper in the new Holiday Mini.

MadgeRPh 08-23-2004 08:48 AM

Michaels' sells large rolls of good quality kraft and white paper. I use my coupon or look for them to go on sale.

StampingJen 08-23-2004 08:52 AM

Besides SU, I've seen it at Hobby Lobby. I bought it over a year ago though, so don't remember how much it was. But it was a pretty large roll and the quality was very good.

sjb 08-23-2004 09:39 AM

Call your local printer. They sell 'mega' rolls. Wider than SU, with more paper on the roll. The cost is a bit more, but you get more for your $$. IT holds the SU ink, and looks great.

Andrea Jackson 08-23-2004 01:14 PM

I've seen it at walmart as well, in the isle with all the other wrapping papers. Its pretty good but you can see through it a bit.

Stampinstalker 08-23-2004 01:20 PM

Just be careful it's when you buy it that it's not the glossy paper, it will smear....unless you want to use your stayz on pad and stamp it.

devildog 08-23-2004 01:35 PM

I bought a roll of the white wrapping paper at Michaels and didn't think the quality was good. Not only was it so thin the gift could be seen through the paper, but there were these "almost" invisible lines. I'm going to buy the SU! stuff and try that out.

Furph's wife 08-24-2004 04:53 AM

you can buy some at the school supply stores.

I got lucky when we went home this summer my dad gave me a huge roll of paper. It kind of looks like drafting paper, but not really sure. Anyway it saves me on wrapping paper for a long time! He also gave me a ream of glossy paper. It isn't as thick as the SU, but I can still use it to try things out for my personal use! SO now I have glossy paper and a big ream of paper to last forever or it seems that way!

crazedstamper 08-24-2004 05:38 AM

If it doesn't have to be pure white...try this...

I obtain *FREE* end rolls of newspaper from our local paper. They don't have any printing on them and they are wonderful for crafting, stamping, covering your table for demos, something to put on the table so the toddler can paint or stamp, etc.

If they aren't free, they're VERY reasonable, like under $3 a roll end and you get yards and yards of the stuff, as opposed to 50sqft or so from Michael's or other craft stores.

HTH,
Cindy Lou Who